Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? (36107 Views)

What Is The Worst Response U Have Gotten From " I LOVE U" / Ladies What Is Your Body Shape???? ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2018
Loooolll... I receive nothing my good man. I'm just another guy who believes in justice and allowing people air their views. I believe there are other ways you could register your displeasure with her without being so insultive.

And this is no business... It is rather a matter of me keeping things balanced and true. You had no business insulting her looks especially when you haven't seen her. And you cannot allow your perceived hate for her to block out the fact that she was making sense in the end.

So my advice, just wear your gentleman hat and act like this never happened. wink

Gangster1ms:

All these story just to defend a girl.. u try wella. How much u go receive? The business might be lucrative one

12 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 08, 2018
blackbeau1:
lol. As in ehn.
"ugly" and "shapeless" these words sent me with a speed of 175.5km/h to ur dp and after dat, I was like...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by ponti93(m): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2018
I dnt knw if its just me... I dnt see any big deal in a gal refusing to giv me her contact... Afterall many that i got their contacts... I mostly 4get to follow up... Many a times i meet a girl and we get all lafin and chatty... At d end of the meet... I rarely ask for contact...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by DonroxyII: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2018
VampireeM:

@bold, I am glad you have learnt something. Men should not think a gal talking and smiling with him means she wants to keep you close.
The main reason she didn't give you her no is cause she doesn't want to extend the rapport after that moment. I don't see any greenlight from your chitty chatty at the ATM. You were just a good companion while waiting for it be her turn
There is nothing up there to learn .....
U ask a gal for her number , she decline .... u move on ....

She gives her number , u ask her for a date , she decline ..... u move on ....

She accede to ur date request , u ask her for romantic friendship..... she decline , u move on ....

She accede to ur request, u ask her for marriage she decline .. u move on ....

I always believe a girl stand to gain more from me than me from her ... so when she says No, I say "Ur loss" !!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by ballerin(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2018
Daeylar:
How is this thread "the worst response you heard after turning a man down" now twisted by some babies to become "women are rude and all that bs when turning a man down?"
As if women who politely turn down men don't get attacked too.
Every topic must be twisted to insult women.
Stupid babies
This one insults men too much. share your experience, you no gree, na to dey insult men you sabi. may sense locate you.

9 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Gbanj11: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2018
it all boils down to learning how to handle rejection smiley. Brothers, only ask for her number if there's notable chemistry..i know the struggle cool, but let the blood rush to your head and not your johnny, use your head grin. If she declines, walk away. You lose nothing. Walk away dignified.
And ladies, if you are feeling the boi, pass him the number , in fact offer him the number. The ball is in his court at that point and if he doesn't call, you have given him the brightest green light. His loss
So guys ask for the number , OR girls offer the number

PS: Yet to meet a naija woman who offered her number, so you might want to skip that bit

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by JudgementHammer: 11:46am On Feb 08, 2018
lefulefu:
its a programme i saw on investigative discovery channel.its about ladies and what they experience from stalkers. There are crazy ppl around who might take it to the extreme if rejected. Anyway i feel is dat if a lady rejects ur advance then take it like a man and move on instead of threatening her with physical harm. Mehn dats sick.
OK that shows that rejection somehow doesn't go too well with us all. However instead of taking it to the extreme, just say ur mind out on how u don't like what she did and walk out....that's all. It helps one recover fast but taking it to d point of killing is absurd and ill-mental.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by ehinmowo: 11:46am On Feb 08, 2018
One of the most painful thing is for you to condescend (perhaps because of konji) to "toast" a girl dt is not physically honorable; yet she turns you down. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
JayIlych:
This is another reason i rarely approach girls again directly. Bunch of rude, self-centered bítches.

That was how i was with a fine gal at an atm, the machine wasnt paying, 2geda we walked to another bank to withdraw. On the way, we got talking. Found out we were from the same local govt, she laughed at my jokes and all.
Oya after she finished withdrawing, she waited for me. Then i asked for her number, she just smiled and told me she was scared i'll ask her that, then politely declined.

I quote "if God designs us to meet again, i'll give you my number".

AFTER ALL THE GREEN LIGHT?

Confused humans!.

I still don't see myself being abusive or threatening a gal when jilted/rejected.

Personally, i've always known that the secret of making a girl give u her mumu button is NEVER to ask/collect number on the first meeting.

you are actually the confused one.

How does she being nice and friendly translates to green light?

I guess you wld have prefered her being rude.

She declined politely, that is enough to show her respect. She declined maybe she is into a rship.

That a gal is nice, easy going and friendly doesnt mean she is showing green light.

Do you expect gals to go about sharinr their contact to every guy that asked?

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by frugal(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
If I fancy a lady after a conversation, I give business cards. 99 percent of them call same day.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by stacyadams: 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
frugal:
If I fancy a lady after a conversation, I give business cards. 99 percent of them call same day.
grin grin grin clean as a whistle
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
pocohantas:
LOL.
One was kinda 'cocky', he asked for my number and I declined.
He said something like, "I'm not a nice/patient guy, I won't ask you for this a second time". He kept to his words and I liked that. He is a NLder, nice guy, but I didn't want that 'closeness' smiley.

There was this one that kept going on and off. Said so many nonsense, then he prophesied how I will never get married or have kids. My village people have tied me and he wants to help with my deliverance... more nonsense again. I couldn't keep up angry

prophesied ke? How strange. After reading this, I clearly understand why you have an Aggressive response to any who actually approaches you since almost everyone from Nairaland have a psycho problem.

Btw getting someone's number doesn't even mean you will get a date or sleep with. cheesy You might call & she won't even respond cheesy
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Rozaytee: 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ekiseme:
keep kwayet jare,

It's possible that no one has ever approached you and you're here forming angry
grin..grin... men approach women daily....omo dem don reject u tire..cheesy grin...pele

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Jozzy4: 12:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
prestigiouslady:
A guy was on my neck for months, I told him it can't work out between us cos I feel nothing for him...One day he called me and I was cold cos I didn't want to give him any hope.
Na so uncle vex that day, he said terrible things to me, he said he was actually trying to help me cos I'm a single mom and an expired product,that I should be happy he wants to go out with someone like me, that my shakara was too much.
I was suprised, didn't know what to say cos it came like a rude shock.
I called him few days later to tell him at least I'm glad I have a functioning uterus and I can bring a baby to life, I asked what he has to show for his numerous banging of girls, impotent man...he didn't take it so nice.
Anyways, I'm happy I never got close to a man so shallow minded
Some guys just don't take rejection so nice

Don't mind the fellow, His reaction revealed his kind of person ... Also shows your not accepting such a person is a good decision.

#Take care , May Jehovah be with you .

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by EOOJ(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
pocohantas:
LOL.
One was kinda 'cocky', he asked for my number and I declined.
He said something like, "I'm not a nice/patient guy, I won't ask you for this a second time". He kept to his words and I liked that. He is a NLder, nice guy, but I didn't want that 'closeness' smiley.

There was this one that kept going on and off. Said so many nonsense, then he prophesied how I will never get married or have kids. My village people have tied me and he wants to help with my deliverance... more nonsense again. I couldn't keep up angry

Can i have ur number grin
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
My boss asked me out and when I turned him down he said and i quote "you are very useless to me" (meanwhile i help him out with secretarial duties). "I will recommend you for a position in the state exco" (those grannies weh no de carry eye see woman of any color or size) "I will see how you will refuse to donate to them"
Now knowing I am dating one of his best men, he said and I quote "you can date anybody else but not that one else I'll have him dealt with severely"
This is a man married with kids now telling me who or who not to date.

Married men please leave us singles alone.

I for one hate ladies who date married men for any reason because as you lay your bed so you lie on it. I wish to get married someday and wouldn't like another woman frolicking around my hubby

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by EOOJ(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ghnaija:
Sometimes we men dey to rush, we need to sometimes hide our feelings we dey fall to quick na whetin dey make dem do yanga to us grin

I concour

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Papanwamaikpe: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
alexialin:
Honestly some guys cannot take no for an answer.

There is this guy who came to visit his friend on my street, then saw me as i walked past. He said Hi, hmm av been watching u walk to and fro buying stuffs and all, and I like you and admire you. Please can I have your number? I looked at him, he looks OK. I then gave him my number. He started calling later in the evening, with small talks and it was cool. Then he asked me out, I replied, I will let u know when am. Less busy. He said ok. So one fateful day, I came back from work, pissed from one annoying customer attitude. I was trying to contain my anger. When I was close to my house, I saw him with friends. He waved at me, smiled. I waved back and walked home, then I called him, can u come to my place, I need to talk to someone. He said ok. He came. Have not even finished my story about the client, he was all over me and I was like WTF! angry
I quickly withdrew from his hands and say guy! I didn't call u here for sexxx. All I need is someone to talk to, and release my frustrations about an annoying client today. He moved closer, saying don't worry I will. Make u happy and relaxed. I was so mad! I was like see this guy o! Is he crazy or what? That's how we started struggling o. He almost overpowered me, so I relaxed and said Cmon? Take it easy? U want fun Abi? Then let's do it properly and I smiled sweetly and I said lemme go and change into a nice sexy lingerie. U will love it.
So he released his grip, as soon as he released, I ran out of the house cheesy

And screamed get out! Before I call security. Just get the fucvk out of my house!
He was like I knew u will play this stunt on me, Oya come back nw? I won't touch u I promise. I shook my head. Just get out! So u want to rape me? Are u mad? Do u think sexx is my problem? Please leave now! Then he left.
Since that day, he apologized on phone that he doesn't know what came over him and he's sorry and he loves me and all.
I said look I will never date u, if u are the last man on earth. Get it into your thick skull. So I stopped picking his calls.
One day he was knocking on my gate furiously, that I must answer him. And he's not going anywhere.
And that was on Sunday, the security guard was not around. Nobody in the compound even answered him. Then he got tired of banging the gate, then he left.
I was like God! Is this how this guy is?
Thank God I now know.

Later I called his number and warned him Severely if he doesn't back. Off, I will call my friend in the army to show him pepper, if he thinks am alone. Army guys will beat him black and blue! And have told my army friend already about him.

Since then he backed off but series of insults, he hurled at me thru phone. I just cut the call and blocked him.

Some guys are just stupid.
Stories as usual

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
JayIlych:
This is another reason i rarely approach girls again directly. Bunch of rude, self-centered bítches.

That was how i was with a fine gal at an atm, the machine wasnt paying, 2geda we walked to another bank to withdraw. On the way, we got talking. Found out we were from the same local govt, she laughed at my jokes and all.
Oya after she finished withdrawing, she waited for me. Then i asked for her number, she just smiled and told me she was scared i'll ask her that, then politely declined.

Confused humans!.

I still don't see myself being abusive or threatening a gal when jilted/rejected.

Personally, i've always known that the secret of making a girl give u her mumu button is NEVER to ask/collect number on the first meeting.

Yea been in this situation before. It is like a template which they follow. Which doesn't have any significance.

I quote "if God designs us to meet again, i'll give you my number". So she said this exact same words, And I told her, Look babe, to be honest, There are plenty ladies in Lagos, I like you but its is imperative that know. If I meet you any where else, I won't ask for your number, not because I'm proud, but because that is the right thing to do.

Also I have noticed that First impressions that comes with you Driving a car or looking Materialistic wouldn't get you a NO.
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
Awwwwwwn.. Didn't see this on time. Thanks Lady Daeylar. smiley

Daeylar:

Isn't this so nice, smiley
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by EOOJ(m): 12:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
Angelawhite:
grin By default, I'm not the type that walk up to a lady to drop few punch lines to woo her. But I can walk up to her and initiate a conversation. Trust me, when we get talking, she will have no choice than to leave her number.

I'm not the type of guy a lady sees as a devourer ( even though I might be inside). I like winning her trust and innocently request for her number.

You know,there's how you'll play your game and she'll be like, "this guy no wan collect my number".

On one occasion, I was about leaving a girl after a hot, argumentative, interesting chitchat and the girl asked me, "How are we going to meet again?" and I smiled inside. And pretended I forgot grin

I'm not an advocate of chasing women around... there are many ways to catch them... their shakara too much... I won't say much before these girls go use am against us grin grin

Two bottles of legend for u.... U knw wats up... grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
winnar:
you are actually the confused one.

How does she being nice and friendly translates to green light?

I guess you wld have prefered her being rude.

She declined politely, that is enough to show her respect. She declined maybe she is into a rship.

That a gal is nice, easy going and friendly doesnt mean she is showing green light.

Do you expect gals to go about sharinr their contact to every guy that asked?

No, you obviously do not know Women. OR you are a woman yourself finding excuse for your fellows.

If you are not interested in going forward, Don't start a Journey.
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Rozaytee: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2018
Elsielex:
My boss asked me out and when I turned him down he said and i quote "you are very useless to me" (meanwhile i help him out with secretarial duties). "I will recommend you for a position in the state exco" (those grannies weh no de carry eye see woman of any color or size) "I will see how you will refuse to donate to them"
Now knowing I am dating one of his best men, he said and I quote "you can date anybody else but not that one else I'll have him dealt with severely"
This is a man married with kids now telling me who or who not to date.

Married men please leave us singles alone.

I for one hate ladies who date married men for any reason because as you lay your bed so you lie on it. I wish to get married someday and wouldn't like another woman frolicking around my hubby
hope u arent working wit dat psycho anymore

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Babyurgly1(f): 12:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
I refused to accept a guy's friendship proposal and d guy finished me up. He said" see as u be like eleganza pen, u think say any guy go see u toast? Na even force dem force me come toast u". I wan cry that day.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by labanj1(m): 12:42pm On Feb 08, 2018
JayIlych:

Confused humans!.

Same here. I've decided not to collect any girl's number on first meetings. Even on second meeting, it depends on the situation. If she like make she turn green lantern. I'm always happy doing that because I know it'll definitely get them thinking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Rozaytee: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
alexialin:
Honestly some guys cannot take no for an answer.

There is this guy who came to visit his friend on my street, then saw me as i walked past. He said Hi, hmm av been watching u walk to and fro buying stuffs and all, and I like you and admire you. Please can I have your number? I looked at him, he looks OK. I then gave him my number. He started calling later in the evening, with small talks and it was cool. Then he asked me out, I replied, I will let u know when am. Less busy. He said ok. So one fateful day, I came back from work, pissed from one annoying customer attitude. I was trying to contain my anger. When I was close to my house, I saw him with friends. He waved at me, smiled. I waved back and walked home, then I called him, can u come to my place, I need to talk to someone. He said ok. He came. Have not even finished my story about the client, he was all over me and I was like WTF! angry
I quickly withdrew from his hands and say guy! I didn't call u here for sexxx. All I need is someone to talk to, and release my frustrations about an annoying client today. He moved closer, saying don't worry I will. Make u happy and relaxed. I was so mad! I was like see this guy o! Is he crazy or what? That's how we started struggling o. He almost overpowered me, so I relaxed and said Cmon? Take it easy? U want fun Abi? Then let's do it properly and I smiled sweetly and I said lemme go and change into a nice sexy lingerie. U will love it.
So he released his grip, as soon as he released, I ran out of the house cheesy

And screamed get out! Before I call security. Just get the fucvk out of my house!
He was like I knew u will play this stunt on me, Oya come back nw? I won't touch u I promise. I shook my head. Just get out! So u want to rape me? Are u mad? Do u think sexx is my problem? Please leave now! Then he left.
Since that day, he apologized on phone that he doesn't know what came over him and he's sorry and he loves me and all.
I said look I will never date u, if u are the last man on earth. Get it into your thick skull. So I stopped picking his calls.
One day he was knocking on my gate furiously, that I must answer him. And he's not going anywhere.
And that was on Sunday, the security guard was not around. Nobody in the compound even answered him. Then he got tired of banging the gate, then he left.
I was like God! Is this how this guy is?
Thank God I now know.

Later I called his number and warned him Severely if he doesn't back. Off, I will call my friend in the army to show him pepper, if he thinks am alone. Army guys will beat him black and blue! And have told my army friend already about him.

Since then he backed off but series of insults, he hurled at me thru phone. I just cut the call and blocked him.

Some guys are just stupid.
not all guys have sense..some are just plain and naturally stupid.... lol
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Rozaytee: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
Babyurgly1:
I refused to accept a guy's friendship proposal and d guy finished me up. He said" see as u be like eleganza pen, u think say any guy go see u toast? Na even force dem force me come toast u". I wan cry that day.
why u wan cry...ladies should learn to ignore dumb guys

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Rozaytee: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Girls like u are usually very ugly.. no ass no boobs.. then u come online and be forming queen that u are not. Smh
i no say gals don reject u tire..grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Daeylar(f): 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Awwwwwwn.. Didn't see this on time. Thanks Lady. smiley

You're welcome smiley

Loved every single post you made on this thread smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Letzdothething: 12:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ask for numbers? most times i don't and when i do i do it once.

i have met a few girls where after we gist i just walk away and their face be like angry angry

sometime last month i was coming from work a lady gave me fliers and we started talking religion, it was fun . but when we wanted to get down she asked me that i take her number i said ok. gave her my phone and she dialed it. i didn't even save it.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by mikebrown92: 12:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL. It's not really shakara, it's caution. Would you like your girlfriend to keep giving her number to every guy that indicates interest? That's how distractions start.‎ I don't like distractions. ‎

If I were you girlfriend and I keep doing that, you come on NL to open a thread...these same guys calling us confused, will come tell you I am leaving my options open, typical hoelosho grin.

It's not an easy decision to take, especially when you kinda fancy the guy's company. But every conversation, mustn't lead to closeness.

Your name must be brain...
Re: Ladies, What’s The Worst Response You Have Heard After Turning A Man Down? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Rozaytee:
not all guys have sense..some are just plain and naturally stupid.... lol

Honestly just too bad.

And he's in his 30s o

It's not like he's a juvenile .

May God save us ladies, from wolves in sheep clothing.. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Marry A Lady Who Smokes? / How Can I Clear My Pimples, Black Spots And Acnes?! / The Street Betting Of A Rude Rich Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.