Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,385 members, 7,954,559 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (38117 Views)

Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:44am On Aug 30
Preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all our neighborhood just as Christ Jesus commanded! Matthew 28:19-20
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by achorladey: 10:43am On Aug 30
alBHAGDADI:
Mathew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Did you read the above verse? That was Jesus Christ speaking to his disciples and giving them a great commission. They are to go into all parts of the world and preach the gospel to every human on earth.

Today, the group called Jehovah's Witnesses often pride themselves saying they are the only ones doing that assignment given by Jesus Christ. Whenever they make such statement, they hardly get any objection cos most people have at one time had them knock on their door to preach to them. I also fell for that talk from them which made me see them as the only ones fulfilling Christ's commission. It made me feel bad about folds in Christianity cos I can't recall the last time someone approached me to preach.

Over the years, I've come to realize how much of a falsehood the statement is and how it positions them to reap from where they did not sow.
Where were the JW when Christians were facing challenges spreading the gospel in difficult parts of the world? Do you know the trouble faced by the missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa and even South America? They battled malaria, diseases, voodoo, ritualists, hostile communities, pagan beliefs and culture, wickedness, cannibalism etc. Yet, God helped them succeeded. That's why we have Christianity in Africa and other parts of the world. Did the JW face any of those or were part of those missionaries? NO.

When the missionaries had succeeded in establishing Christianity in major places, the JW now showed up when conditions had become favorable. What they are doing now is going from door to door, trying to convert Christians and turn them to JW. It now becomes nauseating that they are boasting of being the only organization that preaches from door to door. Where was the JW organization when conditions were harsh?

If they really want sensible people to accept their claims, then they should go establish in a ground that is hostile. They should try and establish Kingdom Halls in hostile Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. They should go preach from door to door and see if they will last a day. Yet, we have Christian bodies in those countries going through the storm of persecution in those countries.

The Europe where JW are at peace today, do they know what the Catholic Church faced before Christianity could be established there?

So, before a JW boasts to you of how is Organization are the only ones preaching from door to door, let him know that they were never around when conditions were harsh and hostile.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Matthew Ashimolowo Visits Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo’s COZA / Enugu Pastor Marries Mother, Daughter / Muslim, Sulaimon Faruq Prays For Pastor Adeboye (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.