Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Violence Red Flags To Watch Out For In Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Violence Red Flags To Watch Out For In Your Relationship (391 Views)

What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Violence Red Flags To Watch Out For In Your Relationship by MetalJigsaw(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
First of all, I should point out that the same traits will not be displayed by abusive people. However, you can detect to an extent (especially with your instinct as a woman) when some behavioral tendencies start to manifest.

Most abusers are quick to point to love as a reason for their behaviour. Jealousy is normal but obsessive, unwarranted jealousy screams red flag! Is he unnecessarily possessive by calling you and demanding to know where you are at all times of the day? Sweetheart, the constant monitoring of your movement is not loving; it is far from it.

Watch out for control that is disguised as concern and care. While concern is beautiful, control isn’t because it takes away any right you have to make your own decisions. Abusers have low self-esteem and thrive on control to hide that.

Does he isolate you from friends and family or curtail your social interaction in the guise he only wants to always be with you? That’s a red flag alert!

God blessed women with intuition to protect them, so the truth is that we always know when something feels off. However, we ignore the internal alarm and stay put believing the “I am sorry” and “I can’t live without you” speeches.

You need to get out of a relationship if you always feel you are at risk. Does he blame you for every negative thing that happens? Are you afraid when he is angry but justify it saying he has never laid a finger on you? Emotional abuse is as serious as domestic abuse, even more so because the scars run deeper.

Forever is too long a time to maintain a façade of happiness!

(1) (Reply)

How To Break Up With People Without Hurting Their Feelings / Drama As Lady Requests For N500k Before Accepting Marriage Proposal / 20 Ways To Strengthen Your Sexy Relationship And Make It Thick Forever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.