Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Yahweh And His Lying Angels. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (13395 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And Freewill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Of course the really fascinating thing here, which it seems that no one has hit upon yet, is the fact that these people were invoking Yahweh.  Do you get it?  These were his prophets calling on him to give them a message.  And indeed, a spirit sent from him came down, and it lied to them.

What are the implications of this? 

Noetic is a man that claims to talk to God often, in his dreams.  If we allow for the fact that his claims are authentic that leaves one more hurdle.  Can he trust that the revelation that he receives is the truth?  If he can, what I'd like to know are, what are his criteria for knowing whether or not God is lying to him? 

Is he arrogant enough to claim that God can never deceive him, perhaps because he is smarter than God and can see right through God when God tries to lie to him?  Or did God promise him that he wouldn't be lied to?  Well how can he be sure that that wasn't a lie. 

In fact perhaps all his hopes for Heaven in the hereafter are founded on a lie and the jokes on him.  Come judgement day, huxley and mazaje will be there on the right hand of yahweh busting their guts and rolling on the floor laughing at him as he gets thrown into a lake of fire.  Buuuuaahhahahahahahahahahahh.!!!

Classic. . . . . grin grin. . . .

Pastor AIO:

Are you an illiterate? What do you understand by objectivity? Did you go to school at all? What an unobjective illiterate!!!! tongue

grin grin. . . .
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Of course the really fascinating thing here, which it seems that no one has hit upon yet, is the fact that these people were invoking Yahweh. Do you get it? These were his prophets calling on him to give them a message. And indeed, a spirit sent from him came down, and it lied to them.

Noetic is a man that claims to talk to God often, in his dreams. If we allow for the fact that his claims are authentic that leaves one more hurdle. Can he trust that the revelation that he receives is the truth? If he can, what I'd like to know are, what are his criteria for knowing whether or not God is lying to him?

Is he arrogant enough to claim that God can never deceive him, perhaps because he is smarter than God and can see right through God when God tries to lie to him? Or did God promise him that he wouldn't be lied to? Well how can he be sure that that wasn't a lie.

In fact perhaps all his hopes for Heaven in the hereafter are founded on a lie and the jokes on him. Come judgement day, huxley and mazaje will be there on the right hand of yahweh busting their guts and rolling on the floor laughing at him as he gets thrown into a lake of fire. Buuuuaahhahahahahahahahahahh.!!!

Brilliant!

Since Yahweh tells lies, Christians have no assurance that anything written in the Bible is true in the least!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

Brilliant!

Since Yahweh tells lies, Christians have no assurance that anything written in the Bible is true in the least!

I believe the argument in contention here is the lying spirit sent forth to decieve King Ahab. Sorry the prophets of Baal were not calling on Yahweh but that is another story.

The funny thing with you folks, in your haste and desperation to tag yahweh a liar, is that He already sent His word through prophet Micaiah to Ahab!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Pastor AIO: i left earlier but only returned when i saw YOUR name as the last poster. However your contribution in this case, in my opinion, simply flogs a dead horse, the same one Deep Sight earlier poisoned, strangled, shot and then cut up. Can you please express your take on this matter without unnecessarily complex ambiguity or personal vendetta against noetic (I have noticed how you guys get along)? Thanks.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^ Please make a coherent post jaare.

What personal vendetta is there in Pastor AIO's post? ? ? Listen - there is only ONE reason you left off and that is the fact that there is NOTHING you were able to say that made any sense in terms of defending the self-confessed lying jewish tribal deity that you worship.

If at all you read Pastor AIO's post, then you have failed to show that you were capable of understanding what he wrote.

In that case i will summarize it for you as follows -

Yahweh by his own admission has stated that he tells lies - he himself admitted that he[b] "sent lying spirits."[/b]

Noetic is a person who has stated severally that he hears personally from God. This may be true, but Pastor's question is simply - when you hear from God, how do you know that he is not sending a lying spirit to lie to you? After-all he has done so in the past. Simple.

I hope you can see the reason Pastor selected Noetic for that comment. Its based on noetic's visions and personal revelations.

So its nothing to do with any "personal vendetta" as you comically asserted.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2010
@Deep Sight: ok.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by InesQor(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2010
^^^
I was actually waiting to see Deep Sight modify his post and remove the last line "How old are you?". Maybe I should have quoted it for future reference.

@Pastor AIO: I still await your personal perspectives with respect to your first post on this thread, where you claimed Yahweh evolved. Rather than the jokes and speculations you posted above. As Davidylan accurately said, the one prophet who sought Yahweh got the answer. The rest were false prophets. I wait.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Nimshi: 7:11pm On Apr 26, 2010
The Christian crowd are again too eager to ascribe to the Hebrew God an attribute he hasn't completely claimed. The scripture is showing that God is more subtle, more cynical, more utilitarian, and more cunning than the simple God-can-never-lie Christian God modern Christians attempt to sell. What a pity. God is shaking his head and wondering why the loudest fellows who claim to worship him can't understand him.

The Hebrew God has also documented his capability for complicity in the murder of the children of one of his friends, even if the murder was contracted out to another creature of his; he's shown he'd do this just to prove a point. Yet, modern day Christians fail to understand the subtle, multi-layered nature of the God they claim, assigning to him a purity that his documented actions don't.

It's clear: the Christian God is being remade in the image of the view of his worshipers. Modern day Christians are remaking the Hebrew God to suit their view.

That's the blasphemy, if there ever was one.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

Yahweh by his own admission has stated that he tells lies - he himself admitted that he[b] "sent lying spirits."[/b]

Noetic is a person who has stated severally that he hears personally from God. This may be true, but Pastor's question is simply - when you hear from God, how do you know that he is not sending a lying spirit to lie to you? After-all he has done so in the past. Simple.

I'm not sure how much coherence one can deduce from this. God sent "lying spirits" but they were ONLY SENT through FALSE PROPHETS of baal. Prophet Michaiah had already given God's perfect word to Ahab but he chose to ignore it and instead as his own self-made "prophets". Seriously its amazing how much these guys are unable to reason.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 8:11pm On Apr 26, 2010
Yahweh by his own admission has stated that he tells lies

he himself admitted that he "sent lying spirits."

Surely Deep Sight, you can see yourself that these two statements are not the same? C'mon!
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2010
Sango worship, anyone? Atleast he doesn't lie, or does he? wink
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2010
BTW, could it be that Lucifer rebelled against Yahweh because he was up to his ears with lies and could no longer bear his boss' dishonest and bloodthirsty ways? I am just curious since we were not given too many details about the true motivation behind Lucifer's rebellion in the bible. 
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 12:10am On Apr 27, 2010
'Unable to reason'
That's just the description. And to think that we've 'come down' to reason with them, seeing they could never get it the spiritual way i.e knowing their state.
mazaje &cohorts
Perspective is what you're missing. Let me try your case again. A man hangs himself, another is sentenced to death by hanging. One is considered a lawful action, the other is unlawful.
A person is un be killed tomorrow by firing squad. An inmate snatches same gun and shoots him to death. Both are killings. One is by order, one is murder. Perspective, perspective.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Of course the really fascinating thing here, which it seems that no one has hit upon yet, is the fact that these people were invoking Yahweh.  Do you get it?  These were his prophets calling on him to give them a message.  And indeed, a spirit sent from him came down, and it lied to them.

Noetic is a man that claims to talk to God often, in his dreams.  If we allow for the fact that his claims are authentic that leaves one more hurdle.  Can he trust that the revelation that he receives is the truth?  If he can, what I'd like to know are, what are his criteria for knowing whether or not God is lying to him? 

Is he arrogant enough to claim that God can never deceive him, perhaps because he is smarter than God and can see right through God when God tries to lie to him?  Or did God promise him that he wouldn't be lied to?  Well how can he be sure that that wasn't a lie. 

In fact perhaps all his hopes for Heaven in the hereafter are founded on a lie and the jokes on him.  Come judgement day, huxley and mazaje will be there on the right hand of yahweh busting their guts and rolling on the floor laughing at him as he gets thrown into a lake of fire.  Buuuuaahhahahahahahahahahahh.!!!

I am just seeing this . . .and I can only but laugh in arabic  grin

1. its quite obvious to anyone that the 400 prophets lied from time to time and the consistency of prophet Michaiah was testified to by king Ahab himself. That the lying spirits had the consent of Jehovah fulfils my understanding that nothing happens outside of the knowledge of God. But never-the-less we saw Jehovah send His word through His prophet.

2. Jeremiah 29:11 best explains the thoughts of God towards me  . . . . .

3. Numbers 23:19 affirms that God would not lie.

4. One of the reasons why I refuse to permanently leave nairaland is because of resident atheists and unbelievers like you. The prophecies I have made will come to pass soon . . . . .and through their fulfilment, It is my heart-felt hope that u would realise that there is indeed a God who loves you and has paid the ultimate ransom for us all.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 12:16am On Apr 27, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Please make a coherent post jaare.

What personal vendetta is there in Pastor AIO's post? ? ? Listen - there is only ONE reason you left off and that is the fact that there is NOTHING you were able to say that made any sense in terms of defending the self-confessed lying jewish tribal deity that you worship.

If at all you read Pastor AIO's post, then you have failed to show that you were capable of understanding what he wrote.

ur ignorance is appalling.

The dream u had in which u saw a friend asking u to hook up and it came to pass. . . , who was responsible for the dream? and what if on hooking up the friend in question had shot u in the leg . . . .who is responsible for his inactions?

I hope you can see the reason Pastor selected Noetic for that comment. Its based on noetic's visions and personal revelations.

So its nothing to do with any "personal vendetta" as you comically asserted.

I think it is disgraceful, considering ur level of education that u can deduce from that passage that Jehovah lies.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by jagunlabi(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2010
Image123:

'Unable to reason'

That's just the description.
A religious zombie accusing others unlike him of not being able to reason is a good one, most especially coming from one to whom reasoning is devil's work, heresy and a blasphemy.

Image123:

And to think that we've 'come down' to reason with them, seeing they could never get it the spiritual way i.e knowing their state.
mazaje &cohorts
And what does a christian like image and his fellow zombies know about spirituality? Religiousity and spirituality are not one and the same thing.

Image123:

'Perspective is what you're missing. Let me try your case again. A man hangs himself, another is sentenced to death by hanging. One is considered a lawful action, the other is unlawful.
A person is un be killed tomorrow by firing squad. An inmate snatches same gun and shoots him to death. Both are killings. One is by order, one is murder. Perspective, perspective.

Rubbish analogy. Perspectively speaking, your god, yahweh, is a frigging lying and genocidal lunatic. And that is the truth going by yahweh's very own perspective and the perspective of his own very word, the bible. No wonder Lucifer rebelled against him, because yahweh is the exact opposite of Lucifer. Lucifer is the light bringer(according to the meaning of the name) while yahweh is the bringer of darkness(from his very own perspective through his own very "word", the bible) And since light cannot stay with darkness, Lucifer the lightbringer had to rebel against yahweh the darkness spreader, perspectively speaking. grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by mazaje(m): 11:29am On Apr 27, 2010
noetic16:

4. One of the reasons why I refuse to permanently leave nairaland is because of resident atheists and unbelievers like you. The prophecies I have made will come to pass soon . . . . .and through their fulfilment, It is my heart-felt hope that u would realise that there is indeed a God who loves you and has paid the ultimate ransom for us all.  

What are the prophecies that you have made prophet noetic?. . . . .Go ahead and list them let's get to know about them before the happen. . . . grin grin
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2010
jagunlabi:

A religious zombie accusing others unlike him of not being able to reason is a good one, most especially coming from one to whom reasoning is devil's work, heresy and a blasphemy.
And what does a christian like image and his fellow zombies know about spirituality? Religiousity and spirituality are not one and the same thing.

Rubbish analogy. Perspectively speaking, your god, yahweh, is a frigging lying and genocidal lunatic. And that is the truth going by yahweh's very own perspective and the perspective of his own very word, the bible. No wonder Lucifer rebelled against him, because yahweh is the exact opposite of Lucifer. Lucifer is the light bringer(according to the meaning of the name) while yahweh is the bringer of darkness(from his very own perspective through his own very "word", the bible) And since light cannot stay with darkness, Lucifer the lightbringer had to rebel against yahweh the darkness spreader, perspectively speaking. grin
Is this objectivity or spirituality? You seem to be on a bewildered perspective, not all perspective are safe/right. Take note
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2010
jagunlabi:

Is this objectivity or spirituality? You seem to be on a bewildered perspective, not all perspective are safe/right. Take note
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:51pm On Apr 27, 2010
InesQor:

^^^
I was actually waiting to see Deep Sight modify his post and remove the last line "How old are you?". Maybe I should have quoted it for future reference.

It is refreshing that you have come to have a sense that I would retract anything I say that I consider unseemly. You should appreciate that.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2010
noetic16:

I think it is disgraceful, considering your level of education that u can deduce from that passage that Jehovah lies.

I did not deduce anything. It is there in black and white. You stop lying. Or are you taking a cue from Yahweh?

YOUR worship of a discreditted, dishonest, genocidal and barbaric Jewish deity is reprehensible, comical and frankly embarrasing.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2010
Romeo4real:

Surely Deep Sight, you can see yourself that these two statements are not the same? C'mon!

What is the difference between sending a lying spirit and lying? ? ? ?

The same difference between sending a hired assassin and killing someone yourself!

Give it up friend.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 1:14pm On Apr 27, 2010
davidylan:

I'm not sure how much coherence one can deduce from this. God sent "lying spirits" but they were ONLY SENT through FALSE PROPHETS of baal. Prophet Michaiah had already given God's perfect word to Ahab but he chose to ignore it and instead as his own self-made "prophets". Seriously its amazing how much these guys are unable to reason.

I really love this thread. Show a Christian a clear text in his hallowed book of Jewish myths and he quivers, jumps, starts, spins around, vomits, insults, creates a circus. . .

Dr. David - no amount of dubious spin can change the clear words - Yahweh procured the services of a lying spirit and expressly approved the disemination of lies to men on Earth.

How can you justify telling lies simply by saying that the person you are lying to is a liar already? ? ? Does that make any sense? And you have the nerve to come here talking about an elusive ability to reason. How doea the fact that the Prophets were of Baal justify the disemination of deliberate falsehood by a God who is defined as TRUTH.

O, I really really love this thread.

Its always so easy for you to go on and on about Allah this, Allah that. . ,   now taste the bitter pill of the ludicruous personality of your genocidal pagan semitic deity called Yahweh.

I repeat: that you worship such an entity is reprehensible, comical and embarrasing.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2010
I thought i sometimes read that this DeepS person was taught something about law. How come we're on his field and he doesn't seem to know it? God is not you. He is judge and his actions cannot be weighed in the same perspective as we would weigh your actions. What someone does and we call murder is what the judge/law does and we call justice.
We and perspective. I'm growing a stronger affinity for that word than you seem to have for the thread
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 1:47pm On Apr 27, 2010
How pathetic. Please look for more coherent excuses.

We see a Jewish deity issuing genocidal instructions to his people and openly admitting to consorting with demons and approving the deliberate disemination of LIES and all we can say is . . . He is God. . . so whatever he does is right.

That is what i define as pathetic.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2010
You're not the first to feel pathetic. Everyone thinks the other is unfair and inadequate. Even my cousin's goat looked 'pathetic' the other day when it's kin was been roasted for our consumption. I noticed too that the convict's kinsmen usually find the judge's decisions pathetic. You're not the first and you may not be the last.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Romeo4real(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2010
What is the difference between sending a lying spirit and lying? ? ? ?The same difference between sending a hired assassin and killing someone yourself!

@Deep Sight - I have to say i am deeply dissapointed by your logic. I am so dissapointed that i dare not anwer the question you posed, as it would be quite disrespectful. Somehow, i still want to beleive you know the ans - as its glaringly obvious. I believe you are just trying to be contentious. Shame, i was just begining to develop some respect for your intellect -  despite our differences. cry

This is from the same person who made the comment in quote below -

Because hanging a murderer after a court has sentenced him to death is violence as well - but justifiable.
Barging into a village and shooting everybody dead on account of their tribe or language is violence too - but EMINENTLY UNJUSTIFIABLE

Seems like Context & Perspective have taken their leave.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2010
^^^ I strongly advise you to set out your points clearly and lucidly if you want them to be noted: do NOT hide behind "having respect" for anybody's intellect or other such evasive and vacant statements.

You made a statement which is clear - you stated that sending a lying spirit is different from lying.

I repeat that that is eminently FALSE. He who sends another to commit an act is guilty of perpetrating that act. This holds true even in law.

In the same way if i hired an assassin to murder you, I would be convicted of first degree murder. It would make no sense, and is a puerile argument, to suggest that I would NOT be responsible because I committed the act through another's agency. That person acted as my agent, and as such the action remains mine.

Similarly it remains indisputably true that the lying spirit referred to in the OP was sought, authourised and dispatched by Yahweh and as such the actions of that spirit in telling lies were the actions of Yahweh carried out through an agent. This is irrefutable - so would you kindly tell me what you are on about ? ? ?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2010

This is from the same person who made the comment in quote below -

Because hanging a murderer after a court has sentenced him to death is violence as well - but justifiable.
Barging into a village and shooting everybody dead on account of their tribe or language is violence too - but EMINENTLY UNJUSTIFIABLE

Seems like Context & Perspective have taken their leave.

Exactly what does my statement have to do with anything you are trying to prove?

The court-scenario i alluded to refers to justice being meted out for a crime.

In meting out justice the Court does NOT resort to telling lies.

And yet that is a human court.

How shall we view a supreme deity who is the embodiment of TRUTH resorting to lies to deliver his purposes?
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by DeepSight(m): 2:27pm On Apr 27, 2010
Image123:

You're not the first to feel pathetic. Everyone thinks the other is unfair and inadequate. Even my cousin's goat looked 'pathetic' the other day when it's kin was been roasted for our consumption. I noticed too that the convict's kinsmen usually find the judge's decisions pathetic. You're not the first and you may not be the last.

If a judge resorts to LIES to deliver his verdict, that is pathetic.

If a deity resorts to LIES to implement his purposes, that too, my friend, is pathetic.
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by noetic16(m): 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2010
mazaje:

What are the prophecies that you have made prophet noetic?. . . . .Go ahead and list them let's get to know about them before the happen. . . . grin grin

they are all over nairaland.

Deep Sight:

I did not deduce anything. It is there in black and white. You stop lying. Or are you taking a cue from Yahweh?

ok.

YOUR worship of a discreditted, dishonest, genocidal and barbaric Jewish deity is reprehensible, comical and frankly embarrasing.

grin I laugh in spanish
Re: Yahweh And His Lying Angels. by Image123(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2010
^deepS
How about if the judge resorted to killing, or to denial of rights(imprisonment) in delivering his verdict. Would it be pathetic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.