Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (42504 Views)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by mickybeejay(m): 7:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
olaboy1:

Why do you guys keep making unmatched comparisons. Your BF willingly chose to buy your mum a valentine gift, OP is been requested to do so under the guise of dating her daughter, both are not the same situation. OP has no financial obligations to her and should only help at his own free will if he has the means. Trying to shame him for declining this request sounds very childish.

Fellas try and watch Chris Rock Tamborine Netflix special.
No one is saying it's an obligation on the Op's part but the bitter fact is that the Op's way of approaching the matter is bad. The fact that the woman relay her msg through text means she is not proud of what she did and that could be because she as exhausted other options. First impression matters a lot bro though not on the expense of your convenience though. There are some things one we do and not know the impact of it at that present time but in the future

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by deewhydoski(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
shilz:
read the comments again, he replied somewhere
I don't have time to read comments.....from page 0 to 12.....time no dey my dear sis
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by benzion72(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
You missed an opportunity to show how truly you really care. How do you proof you love somebody without giving an helping hand. Who knows it is just a test design for you.

We will always need help as long as we are aspiring to reach greater height. If I am that woman you can't marry my daughter.

I have helped my mother in law severally and I av never imagined I ll will ever need her help, but when I get into some wind of life years latter she was there to help too.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by SheIsElle(f): 11:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?
After reading this, I can't help but pity the poor girl and her mom. You should be ashamed of yourself for coming up here to ask this kind of question. She even asked you for a loan and not that its free and yet you refused. If it were to be your mom, would you have given her same response? I pray the girl doesn't marry you, something should just happen and break the relationship. You don't deserve her. You should look at yourself in the mirror and pity for yourself. I feel sorry for you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by ImaIma1(f): 9:26am On Feb 15, 2018
This op grew up in a non giving environment. Children that were not encouraged to share their biscuits, sweets, toys, etc most times turn out to be like this.

Op has to go through an orientation that helping his girlfriend or her mum out financially does not strip him off his future or destiny.

People like this in boarding schools were the type that eat other people's provisions and hide their own four sets of provisions.

Being tight handed is repulsive. Try to be a giver. There is a kind of joy and fulfilment that comes with giving.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Ginaz(f): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2018
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?

You are greedy and heartless man. I pray I don't meet your type. They rather die than help someone in need. You should be ashamed of yourself. Imagine it was your mother seeking assistance ,how would you feel?

Stingy and greedy man.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nwamauzor(f): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2018
This guy is so disgusting....I pity the poor girl
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Halo22: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
kmcutez:

Thanks for the correction. It's been awhile I left school. Lol
You are welcome.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2018
brainpower:
You date a woman for 5years without her or her mom asking you for nothing, mean while you might have been having sex with her for 5years, they were all good.

I don't get it , is the money he's going to give her replacing the sex they have had together , you make it seem she's a prostitute to be paid for the sex the man gets Sorry to say but this your statement is devoid of any sense at all , do they both not enjoy the sex or is the sex an inconvenience to her ?.

Back to the topic , it is not in the mother's place to ask you for money but if you have you can give her since it is meant for your intended fiancee and her brother , what the mother should have done is to tell your fiancee to tell you but remember this she's likely to keep on asking for more so if you won't be comfortable with it say so

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by INFOBIZ3: 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
deanxy:

Matthew 5: 42. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
deanxy:

You are nothing but a stingy fool. So what she asked you? If you had some money you should have helped her. After that you can bluntly say you don't have. But you are so wicked sleeping with her daughter before marriage etc without paying a single bride price yet you hypocritically refused to help your future mother in-law. Op or no Op, you are a bad example and got it too easy. You are a disgrace to the core and should just delete your account and your stupid bad example story. #WickedStingyMumu #BrotherAwoof

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by alolimet: 3:25am On Feb 17, 2018
The woman is shameless to ask money from her daughters fiance. Even If they were married she has to ask her daughter and her daughter will find a way around it. For me that's a Red flag.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Blood Covenant: Late Bimbo's Brother Speaks On Her Refusal To Leave Her Marriage / 5 Family Members Who Died In Road Accident Buried In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Rukaiya Bello Matawalle Weds Mukhtar Ahmed Danmadami In Zamfara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.