Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom (42524 Views)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by deafeyez: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2018
Nigga44:
Maybe her mother had suggested the daughter asking you for the money......., but your girl turned it down cos of shyness or some other reason.

Check if your girl really needs the money and if you can help please do. It's 5 freaking years man!!! C'mon.

The girl knows the boy wont give her any dome and hence, suggested to the mother to do the asking perhaps because of respect boy will give but, he threw it in the woman's face.
I because he categorically told the woman no rather than stylishly telling her he doesn't have. Before crying, I believe he has read some signs of disapproval from the girls family.
How the woman wan even look am sef.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 10:50am On Feb 14, 2018
skales67:
Dude...she's not a wife yet.
Na from clap, na im dance dey start. Now they are dating, he is exhibiting tendencies like this, what happens when they get married? He may not allow her mum to enter the house, because he believes she wants to get something from him.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by deafeyez: 10:51am On Feb 14, 2018
Letzdothething:
free bleeping? What does that mean? Did she pay for the bleeping? It is people like you that make ladies think they do guys favour by having sex.

A prostitute will Bleep you better sef.

Get a life

If the lady is committed then he should have appreciated with the help. If the money is 150k you can part with 20k if u are stingy while forming investment less nothing stops u from giving 50k.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by asaoko: 10:55am On Feb 14, 2018
congrats to all my subscriber , let keep winning . 310 odds available for today fixed correct matches , call now to be a winner .
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Acidosis(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2018
babythug:

To me It's not appropriate for any reasonable parent to make demands of the boyfriend or girlfriend of thier child. Especially financial, a few random errands may be ok* but not an outright 'give me money'

Doesn't the woman have relatives or friends to borrow from? Why will she throw away her dignity like that!

An outright give me money is definitely not appropriate.

I don't think she outrightly demanded money from the guy.

See OP's post;

She sent me a text asking for financial assistance.
She didn't even placed a call. People who usually request for money via text messages have gone through series of thoughts. They're usually not proud of their actions. I'm not saying all, though.

That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount

These are genuine reasons and OP seems like the only person that understands the situation. He has dated her daughter for 5 years. The relationship the woman has with the guy can be likened to what many married folks have with their in-laws. Forget the fact that they're not married. When a mother likes her daughter's guy, to the extent she's cool with them dating for 5 years, they're as good as married.

before the end of the month when she will remit it.

Before the end of the month means she's willing to pay back in 2 weeks or less. OP did not even wait to see whether the woman will refund or not before castigating her.

That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me.
Lastly, you see this?

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by nwaimoroseyaho: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2018
Na waoo You get mind to say no. For 5 years dis is her first time of asking and you are complaining. So doe it mean you have no contributed anything to the welfare of this girl just stay and wait for ready made abi? When she sees another man that will rescue her I Hope you will not come here to disturb us.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by kullozone(m): 11:12am On Feb 14, 2018
I don't have anything to say about this topic, but all those men talking about how he's been fvcking her free for 5years... Una dey crase. So em suppose to dey pay her after sex abi? Una ask am whether the girl pay am for all the fvck wey she sef don fvck am for that 5years?

To all those girls shouting "I hate stingy men" some of us (sabi guys) know y'all are just saying that because what y'all do is to get a boyfriend and put all your yeye problem on his head. And when he refuses to carry all your problem(mostly financial) on his head, that's when he's given the name "stingy guy"... Una sef dey crase smiley

No comment on the topic sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by 2m2mdarling: 11:18am On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

And it was even the 1st time she had ever asked in 5 years! Even if he couldn't give her everything she asked for, he could have given her half of it by saying that is all he can afford for now.

Instead of even calling the girl, and seeking ways to address the issue, he wants to dump her for a demand she didn't make, and something she probably had no knowledge about. By the time he leaves her, and a different sly character enters his life that collects 5 times the amount from him under various guises, he will still come back to NL to lament.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by mickybeejay(m): 11:30am On Feb 14, 2018
frank202012:

Mr helper,relationships re not employment opportunities.
There are ways things re been done.
What is wrong with u guys sef.
Oga if u have a mom go and take care of them nd free ur in-laws
Smh
Yes that's true to some extent. But you that wanna have a relationship with someone should know that there are some things that come with it. They are unavoidable just like corruption is unavoidable in naija. Am not saying you should make it a responsibility but there should be a follow up on ur aide about the things happening in ur wife's family and do the little you can do to help.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Ngokafor(f): 11:44am On Feb 14, 2018
I came to this thread late....@op i wish i can have your Fiancee mother's account number to settle her myself rubbish!...What a horrible terrible person you are...I hate your kind of man with a passion.....Wicked soul!..Tufia!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by babythug(f): 11:46am On Feb 14, 2018
Acidosis:

An outright give me money is definitely not appropriate.

I don't think she outrightly demanded money from the guy.

See OP's post;

She didn't even placed a call. People who usually request for money via text messages have gone through series of thoughts. They're usually not proud of their actions. I'm not saying all, though.

These are genuine reasons and OP seems like the only person that understands the situation. He has dated her daughter for 5 years. The relationship the woman has with the guy can be likened to what many married folks have with their in-laws. Forget the fact that they're not married. When a mother likes her daughter's guy, to the extent she's cool with them dating for 5 years, they're as good as married.

Before the end of the month means she's willing to pay back in 2 weeks or less. OP did not even wait to see whether the woman will refund or not before castigating her.

Lastly, you see this?

Truly we can go back and forth on it with different perspectives to the matter.
.I still feel it'll have been more dignifying for her to sell her clothes (im being figurative here) than ask a fellow who not married to her child!

The long length of the relationship is because they started off as students or something like that.

Her describing the request as a loan too is neither here nor there! Many will coat their requests with such a statement and make no attempt to return it. Even if she does return the loan is he expected to collect it back? Won't "we" all still imagine /expect that he should leave it for her! A relationship where prospective in-laws are already financially involved puts pressure on the recipient partner. He or she may want to end the relationship but remember that "Acidiosis is like a son to mum and dad and has paid our rent severally".

Honor and dignity must be preserved and elders should be elders. Let her call her own friends and relations to source this money.

If the fellow stumbled on that "need" by chance and he pays for it then that's more honorable and works best for all parties involved

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by jobbers: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
oh
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by GloryWilliams(f): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Does it mean you've been using this young lady without supporting her education or doing anything for her family, I don't think her dad is alive if not he wouldn't have allowed you with your action to come close to his compound because you are not a husband material. How dare you say you don't have anything for that poor woman, she saw, and took you as a son in-law to be, but you turn her trust on you. You are really wicked

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by TechGod(m): 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bros you're a shameless stingy bastard , na thunder go fire you before this month end , o swear to God. You don't deserve that girl or her family . What! you mean for 5 good years this babe didn't ask you for money , now because the mum ask for small thing still for your own girlfriend you run come Nairaland dey ask for advise? In fact bro give me her number or her mum's number I'm going to transfer 300k to them today today , and I will make sure that innocent girl break up with you . Stupid rat , selfish vulture
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
babythug:

It's not appropriate for any reasonable parent to make demands of the boyfriend or girlfriend of thier child. Especially financial, a few random errands may be ok* but not an outright 'give me money'

Doesn't the woman have relatives or friends to borrow from? Why will she throw away her dignity like that!

It's not even the fact that he refused the mum the financial assistance that has got most of us angry, but the fact that he wants to end the relationship after 5 years because the mum asked for financial assistance to pay his girl's fee, considering how good the girl has been to him, and him claiming to love the girl.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Olusegunjaye(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
be responsible
deanxy:
My fiancee and I have been in a relationship for 5 years now. I met her since she was in secondary school. We both love each other and she is very nice, loving and supportive too.

We have talked and started planning on settling down and that should before the end of the year but I am beginning to have a second thought.

The problem is not my fiancee but her mom. The woman is very nice and welcoming but lately, she did something that I am not comfortable with. Last week she sent me a text asking for financial assistance. That her daughter (my fiancee) is yet to pay her house rent at school and that my fiancee younger brother is yet to pay his registration fee. And so she had asked me to loan her some amount before the end of the month when she will remit it. That she considered me a son and that's why she confided in me. I later sent her SMS that I don't have anything.

I was like why would she asked me for loan when her daughter never asked for one naira in our Five years of relationship? So my fear is, should I marry her daughter, wont she trouble me with further demands? Please is there anyway around this? Please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by solotutu(m): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
deanxy:

brother you love this girl, cos if you do you will accept her with all her baggage, and also her family, mother, brother....how much is the money self...shebi its the same girl you want to marry.. abeg go and sit down jawe, you are not ready for marriage...there is no how this situation will not happen in the future after marriage...so if you cant endure...you cant marry.. u hear
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by lieutenantprime(m): 1:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by babythug(f): 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
kmcutez:

It's not even the fact that he refused the mum the financial assistance that has got most of us angry, but the fact that he wants to end the relationship after 5 years because the mum asked for financial assistance to pay his girl's fee, considering how good the girl has been to him, and him claiming to love the girl.

Fair enough!
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Ngokafor(f): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
deanxy:
yeah I know but that the girl never asked doesn't mean I don't do anything. I buy gifts even for her younger ones and the mother knows about this. I just feel it's not okay she asking

Guy just dump her, hop on another and stop whinning here please....The girl is too good for you simple..,Listen to irresponsible males here until you get to 50years with 4kids from 3 different women..,running helter skelter still looking for who to settle down with but ofcours extremely difficult now.

I know of a man like that in Abuja....na you go cry last last cos you are wicked.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by chikeorji123(m): 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Op u just dey embarrassed person... your girl for that matter..well today is Val ...
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by thekenzi: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
[You honestly deserve an award for your contribution. 5yrs and he is proud to say he has never given his Woman anything. Haba! These are the types that deserve to marry one witch.]You date a woman for 5years without her or her mom asking you for nothing, mean while you might have been having sex with her for 5years, they were all good.

As soon as her mom asks you for money for the first time in 5years to pay your "fiancee's rent you decide not to marry again.

You don't deserve that girl. You are one of the reasons women say men are bad. You are a bloody stingy motherf**ker. What's wrong in paying your fiancee's rent?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Skmoda360(m): 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
insigne:
Juve is currently teaching Tottenham a lesson of their lives
so what's now the aftermath of your ranting?
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by ChiefSweetus: 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
LaudableXX:

When people like you lack valid points, they resort to insults. Daft and greedy must be your middle names. If you had read all my responses on this thread, you would have seen the advice offered to the OP. You referred to the 5 year relationship as mere "fornicating' with the daughter. Some marriages do not even last that long. But then you are too myopic to see that. People go out of their way to help total strangers, how much more those they know. But then, a "hungry selfish nl activist looking to indoctrinate magadom" like you would lack the basic wisdom to understand that, wouldn't you?

Hegehegehegehege! cheesy

My brother in the lordt, I didn't read all your responses because fùck you bruh. wink idiocy bores me.

Nyen nyen nyen, shut up! If you don't come for me i won't come for you. Don't play the victim now after you started running your mouth in your first post to me.. like an uncultured smello.

As usual, you sound daft. Who is obligated to help anyone? Whether stranger or in-law? The only people I can truly fall back on are my immediate biological family I.e. parents and siblings, but even they owe me nothing. And I can expect their help will be limited as they have their own problems. But you are busy expecting help from strangers and anyone who your family member has invested vaginà in his life. Lol. grin good luck with your shameless and entitled strategy. Beggardom bodes well on thee. kiss
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2018

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by koolg: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
skales67:

Dude...she's not a wife yet.

What's the difference??
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by MARKETfund: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
ireneony:
Your own don finish for life...
For nairaland guys to say you're stingy and u don't deserve your fiancee know that your village people are using your picture to dance every night.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by MARKETfund: 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
ireneony:
Your own don finish for life...
For nairaland guys to say you're stingy and u don't deserve your fiancee know that your village people are using your picture to dance every night.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by olaboy1: 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
worworgirl:
Chai! And my Bf of 1year is here asking me what he should buy for my mom as valentine gift. This life sha, I’m glad the op type has never crossed my path since my history of dating

Why do you guys keep making unmatched comparisons. Your BF willingly chose to buy your mum a valentine gift, OP is been requested to do so under the guise of dating her daughter, both are not the same situation. OP has no financial obligations to her and should only help at his own free will if he has the means. Trying to shame him for declining this request sounds very childish.

Fellas try and watch Chris Rock Tamborine Netflix special.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by shilz(f): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
deewhydoski:

In the ops write up, I didn't see where he gave his fiancee monthly stipend... maybe u should read again
read the comments again, he replied somewhere
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
olaboy1:

Why do you guys keep making unmatched comparisons. Your BF willingly chose to buy your mum a valentine gift, OP is been requested to do so under the guise of dating her daughter, both are not the same situation. OP has no financial obligations to her and should only help at his own free will if he has the means. Trying to shame him for declining this request sounds very childish.

Fellas try and watch Chris Rock Tamborine Netflix special.

It is the attempt to break up with his girl because of the request that we are angry at. Also, maybe a little bit about the way he went about declining the request, which was to his girls benefit.
Re: I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom by LaudableXX: 7:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
ChiefSweetus:
Hegehegehegehege! cheesy

My brother in the lordt, I didn't read all your responses because fùck you bruh. wink idiocy bores me.

Nyen nyen nyen, shut up! If you don't come for me i won't come for you. Don't play the victim now after you started running your mouth in your first post to me.. like an uncultured smello.

As usual, you sound daft. Who is obligated to help anyone? Whether stranger or in-law? The only people I can truly fall back on are my immediate biological family I.e. parents and siblings, but even they owe me nothing. And I can expect their help will be limited as they have their own problems. But you are busy expecting help from strangers and anyone who your family member has invested vaginà in his life. Lol. grin good luck with your shameless and entitled strategy. Beggardom bodes well on thee. kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

See What 12 Year Old Boy Did When He Saw His Mother Twerking / Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.