Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

"Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady (28618 Views)

16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee / How Many Men Get Married As Virgins? / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by mvem(m): 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
If feminism was a joke it would have died since but guess what it still exists.Yes Nature has its contributions but it is m pi aainly society that contributes to women oppression and not necessarily Nature.Feminism has come to stay and it would still continue to achieve its objectives.
....ok...do u want equality or equity...feminist sometimes can't really define purely what is all about....I hv no problem with women having same opportunities as men but as I said even nature has set differences which are innate...maybe u hv to go back to prehistoric times to change things or change biological and neurological make up of we beings that differiantiate the two sex....if not is just mere liberalism

3 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2018
mvem:
....ok...do u want equality or equity...feminist sometimes can't really define purely what is all about....I hv no problem with women having same opportunities as men but as I said even nature has set differences which are innate...maybe u hv to go back to prehistoric times to change things or change biological and neurological make up of we beings that differiantiate the two sex....if not is just mere liberalism
Your argument is vague.Nature or society who brought discrimination it is just like saying that blacks and whites are not equal o do not need the same rights because Nature made the black man inferior.Yes I am grateful to people looks john Locke who brought about liberalism and the proto feminist I am also grateful to ancient Greeks

3 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
The young lady made a very good valid point

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by mvem(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Your argument is vague.Nature or society who brought discrimination it is just like saying that blacks and whites are not equal o do not need the same rights because Nature made the black man inferior.Yes I am grateful to people looks john Locke who brought about liberalism and the proto feminist I am also grateful to ancient Greeks
....black/white man analogy is different from the male/female own....discrimination is different, even in Europe that are more liberal u see feminist complaining of one thing or the other...I read something some time ago when so called feminist were arguing that women should be enrolled into the marines Abi special forces, that they should hv dat right... The army said doing that means they hv to reduce the rigor of the training and selection process compromising the whole thing.... So that women can get in and fight in the battlefield... Obviously the feminine gender is not endowned with that strength and character that will see them through in the battle field but feminist no go hear, they want equality.... I think the fight should be more about female discrimination in 3rd world like Africa and Asia/middle east, am in support of that...and why the double standard....u shout crime when a lady is harrased by a male snr but the other way round u claim is not same thing but u still want equality... Like I said equality and equity is different... Equity is preferable

5 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2018
Blonchilli:
Okonjo Iweala, Oby (BBOG), Chimmamanda Adichie, Dora Akunyili, Stella Obasanjo and even Mama Peace are the only Feminist I know in Nigeria. The rest are just e-warriors using feminism to market their Oloshoism to stay relevant. And don't mention any celebrity, we know how they got there. Look at Toke that everyone took for a feminist until we found out she's opening her legs for her grandpa
for real?shocked..Toke Markinwa?..she dey do sugar daddy runz??

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
mvem:
....black/white man analogy is different from the male/female own....discrimination is different, even in Europe that are more liberal u see feminist complaining of one thing or the other...I read something some time ago when so called feminist were arguing that women should be enrolled into the marines Abi special forces, that they should hv dat right... The army said doing that means they hv to reduce the rigor of the training and selection process compromising the whole thing.... So that women can get in and fight in the battlefield... Obviously the feminine gender is not endowned with that strength and character that will see them through in the battle field but feminist no go hear, they want equality.... I think the fight should be more about female discrimination in 3rd world like Africa and Asia/middle east, am in support of that...and why the double standard....u shout crime when a lady is harrased by a male snr but the other way round u claim is not same thing but u still want equality... Like I said equality and equity is different... Equity is preferable
I am busy right now so no time for argument but keep in mind that no one is complaining and what people feminist or whatever are trying to fight are societal stereotypes.Maybe next time but at this period I am busy we can have better arguments later on.

2 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Martin0(m): 8:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
gypsey:
correct girl! women can not even live Amongst themselves,

one day with all this feminist bull crap! we men will pack up and move to jupiter, let's see how all these women will cope without men.

I hear Jupiter women are more beautiful, and they do not wear fake hair or faces caked with

make up. grin

abi
Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by makydebbie(f): 8:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
both of you are dunderheads. grin

Airheads even.
Estherfabian?
Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2018
DonPiiko:
https://www.informationng.com/2017/11/toke-makinwa-cannot-stop-sleeping-married-billionaire-festus-fadeyi.html/amp
aghhh! shocked aghhh!! Aghh!shocked...a married man at dat? And the man is even spending all his company's profits on hershocked...wait oooo abi Toke don dey use Decimal 10:10?shocked...this must be decimal 10:10cheesy. A man in his right senses can't just be wasting all his money on snailcheesy. .. Abeg abeg shift lemme faint.

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
lefulefu:

Haaa you just dey find out shocked Na she dey warm that 78 year old Festus Fadeyi wey get Pan Ocean Oil Corporation cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2018
efesodje:

Haaa you just dey find out shocked Na she dey warm that 78 year old Festus Fadeyi wey get Pan Ocean Oil Corporation cheesy
aghhh! shocked... 78 yrs? ....chai! cheesy.na were dem daniella okeke,cozzy and Roman goddess dey where toke catch this big fishcheesy. And toke is always forming innocent and decentcheesy. Omo fear babes dat are always forming decentcheesy.most of them are closet karashikascheesy.Xinzu come and hear Tory cheesy. But come oo i thought Toke was a self proclaimed feminist na.what does a feminist need a sugar daddy for?cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by InvertedHammer: 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
Same old, Cliche, regurgitated garbage from a brainwashed patriarchy princess . grin

Real Feminists won't grace you with An ounce of attention. Except you tell us how feminists run away from problems. Detailed explanations, albeit succinctly too.

It is ok.

When there is a hostage situation and they are negotiating for the release of women and children, I expect all the feminists to stay back with the men to eschew preferential treatment.
Until then, feminists remain a bunch of frustrated, attention-seeking, low-life losers in my dictionary. No lady of substance belongs to the Feminists' organizations. The irony of it is that the "Feminists" move one step forward and fellow ladies move them three steps backward.
/

3 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Ogaonos: 8:51pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
like I said I wouldn't indulge both of you. smiley

You both very well know the struggles of Women but both of you chose to feign ignorance and ask me belittling questions tainted with unnecessary sarcasm.
my sista dt nt d rite way 2 go.is lik atheist ar attackin ur christian faith nd they sayin giv us instance dt shws ther God.nd u fire bak they ar ignorance.it jesus wil disappointed.it shws u hav pride.we all knw women hav bein violated by we men nd those guys ar ignorant nd lukin at it 4rm hw 9ja gal use luv 2 scoop guys 4 moni.but fighting such rights tak wisdom boldness nd humility dt hw racism was fought.d truth is 21st century ferminist went wrong wen female celeb wen into it esp. D socialite ones.u guys ar nt aiming d rite target.my sista d solutn na small thin na only rape na em hard.let talk about gal child educatn wat d solutn simple fight 4 d constitutn of d office of d ist lady.na she b d pol. Will.let fg budget mnni 2 her office use c build gal sch.in d federatn.it goes 2 d state nd local govt.finirh but because u pple hate men dt y hav nt seen u ferminist attack d ministry of women affairs wat ther functn 4 heaven sake.

2 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Vado(m): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
We don't. We only seek equality. smiley not matriachy.
And women have always been denied opportunities. Why you think We aren't is simply because feminists fought for our rights to education, rights to vote, rights to marry whom we please, rights to be human, rights to study whatever course we choose, rights to live.

In politics, Women are being marginalized. Don't act like you don't see it. How many women are in leadership positions in the world?

Education. The girl child struggles to go to school. Let's look at the northern states for instance. Female kids are made to get married rather than actually having ambitions.

In Saudi Arabia, women aren't Even allowed to drive cars. Lol. You think this isn't inhumane?
Feminism is simply about choice. Knowing and noticing wrongs with social constructs regarding genders before even becoming educated about it.

Women have ruled Brazil, south Korea, Croatia, Germany, Myanmar, Liberia and many more. Speaking of women being denied some rights in places like the northern part of the country or Saudi, take up you issues with Islam rather because it's simply an ideological problem rooted in their religion depending on your perspective.

It's a free world, if you have a political ambition, go for it and actualize your dream. Men are not in war or interested in feminine subjugation.

6 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
oyb:

http://www.informationng.com/2017/02/meet-sola-david-borha-highest-paid-bank-ceo-nigeria-allegedly-collecting-n484-931-daily-n117m-annually-photos.html

what are these struggles you speak of?

do you actually work in nigeria, or are you just sputtering balderdash?

that is just one example

women are represented very well in the nigerian workforce across all industries from the entry level right up to the boardroom

there have been multiple female coos, HODs and managers where i have work.

women are not restricted in anyway outside of your imagination

unless of course, you are looking for something more

Wow. Women are everywhere?
I always read on NL that Nigerian women don't work... grin

It's only on threads like this, I see men saying women work.
Nice!!
Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by ivanalimi: 10:03pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
And women have always been denied opportunities. Why you think We aren't is simply because feminists fought for our rights to education, rights to vote, rights to marry whom we please, rights to be human, rights to study whatever course we choose, rights to live.

In politics, Women are being marginalized. Don't act like you don't see it. How many women are in leadership positions in the world?

Education. The girl child struggles to go to school. Let's look at the northern states for instance. Female kids are made to get married rather than actually having ambitions.

In Saudi Arabia, women aren't Even allowed to drive cars. Lol. You think this isn't inhumane?
Feminism is simply about choice. Knowing and noticing wrongs with social constructs regarding genders before even becoming educated about it.
babe its now I know u are really confused. u are confusing feminism to religion? see most states in northern Nigeria are core Muslims. they don't believe in western education so they don't send their MALE and FEMALE to school. they believe in Islamic schooling that's the most important thing to them. i served in the north so i know what am saying.yes their female kids marry early cos that's their culture backed up by Islam. same thing applies to Saudi Arabia. women are marginalised in politics in the world are u serious?? pls don't come and splatter ur ignorance all our us here. are u even educated?? former President of Korea was a woman bf she resigned on corruption issues. the president of Argentina is a woman, Angela Merkel of Germany ,former president of Liberia, President of Brazil are all women. hilary Clinton nearly became president of the united states. are women also marginalised politically in Nigeria? buknor was deputy governor of Lagos was it under tinubu av forgotten this was wen democracy was still very young o then.we av female senators, house of rep members, women are really representing in politics in Nigeria. pls don't come and air ur ignorance on social platform. google is ur friend and readily available

5 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by liquidmetall: 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am busy right now so no time for argument but keep in mind that no one is complaining and what people feminist or whatever are trying to fight are societal stereotypes.Maybe next time but at this period I am busy we can have better arguments later on.

Busy for where

You're defeated....

3 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 17, 2018
AntiBrutus:

Wow. Women are everywhere?
I always read on NL that Nigerian women don't work... grin

It's only on threads like this, I see men saying women work.
Nice!!

Yep, you lazy, gold digging wenches will be forever held down by the Man. Now get back to the other room and make me a sandwich angry

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Excuzeme: 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:
I wouldn't indulge you. You're simply an hypocrite that chooses willful ignorance.

Anyway. Let me just give you an insight.
Feminism is all about female choice. It doesn't threaten you or your phallus. Let it rest.

Lubbish!

Stay on-point and stop swerving like a vehicle with a bad steering rod. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Divay22(f): 10:29pm On Feb 17, 2018
donstan18:
The lady made a point, but made a mistake by calling them "Feminists", because I simply do not think these sets of ladies she's reffering to are feminists, they are just bunch of frustrated pained dumb and feminist wannabes cheesy
cheesy

Real feminists are beautiful, proud, confident, intelligent, smart, successful, wise and well established sets of women

They are not these set of confused lazy and frustrated women who depend on men and privately cry to get married cheesy , they are not these set of pained ladies who crave for the benefits of men, yet won't take care of the financial responsibilities of men in their families and society.

Real feminists are big turn on to some men, they don't rant online like these broke, ugly, confused, frustrated, dump,beggars and illiterates we see online cheesy , real feminists don't even have time to tell you that they are feminists, they won't even tell you what they are, you'll see it in them.

Nowadays, even ladies wee no sabi wash their pants de form feminists grin cheesy
Funke!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Have mercy na this boy undecided
Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Excuzeme: 10:42pm On Feb 17, 2018
FluidQueen:

You are just as dumb and confused, as the idea you are propagating.

No one is stopping any woman, from ascending to leadership position, if she has what it takes.
Last Liberian President (Srileaf) -Woman.
South korean President - Woman
German PM - Woman
e.t.c. If all these women can ascend to the highest office in the land, through hardwork, competition and sheer brilliance. then others like you who cant, should just accept that you are failures who are INCAPABLE, instead of blaming it on men.

Some years back, all black people could not vote in the U.S and it took both men and women (Martin Lurther king for example) to fight for the right to vote. Are you now saying he was a feminist because he fought for the right of women (and men too) to vote?

Instead of looking at the Northern states (where their Religion does not generally favor education. Read: Boko Haram - Western Education is bad~!), you better look at the Eastern Region where the Boy-Girl Child ratio of enrolment in schools is 30% (Boys), 70% (Girls).
Would you say they hate Boys over there? Or is the girl-child still educationally disadvantaged in that region?
Should the Boy-child start carrying placard, like all you lazy-bone women?

The problem with Saudi Arabia, is that of Religion. Islam is forbiding of so many progressive things, including women driving cars.
That is not a gender issue but a Relgious issue.

FYI, successful women, who got to the peak of their success (like the former Yahoo CEO), dont give a hoot about feminism because they know it is not what made them and does not add any value to them.
these womne were made with intelligence, hardwork, determination and ability to compete against anyone, men or women.

But women who are lazy, unintelliegent, dull, cheap, want to have what they dont deserve, by playing the gender-card.
They say: because l have a bweast and something between my V-legs, l deserve special treatment and should be given what l dont merit.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Wize1: 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2018
BluntBoy:

But all these have been provided. What else do you women want if not total domination over men

Opportunities are not determined by gender anywhere. I am a data analyst and I have worked closely with statisticians and industrial psychologists. And I have also collected datas myself and painstakingly analyzed them scientifically. Women are not denied opportunities. If you insist, I will like to show me instances where women are denied opportunities.

More than three people before you asked her this question. Rather than seize the opportunity to share her convictions (assuming she has any). All she did was mumble clichés and reply them with insults. Majority of them (Bandwagon feminists association, Nigerian chapter) have no single clue what the subject matter seeks to address. Instead of learning, they seize every opportunity to cover up ignorance by venting their frustration. The Nigerian feminism paradox: You want recharge card from boys, u still want equal rights. Choose one biko, stop confusing us. Bunch of bitter pseudo intellectuals.

8 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by macof(m): 12:45am On Feb 18, 2018
FluidQueen:
this isn't What Feminism means, my dear.

It's not female favoritism, neither is it gender bias. Feminism is simply equality for both Sexes. Give one gender same Opportunities as the other. Don't praise a gender on accounts Where you discriminate the other gender. Give them equal rights and liberty to do as they please. Let nature determine their strengths. Let them lead. Equality. Feminism. Choice.

Biggest lie of the modern world

Feminism is female bias

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by bobphrisel(m): 12:48am On Feb 18, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Your problem is with the people who started the movement they call it equality and the definition and aims are understandable.There is nothing like equity of rights and opportunities it's equality.No gender is greater or better than the other it's only society that makes it so.And in more years to come women would continue to achieve greater things.
are u a christian?, do u believe the bible?, GOD SAID, and the woman shall be under the man, gender can never, i repeat never be equal, thats how God placed it from the start (na eve first chop apple)
But that doesnt mean that women should be discriminated, gender equity i support, gender equality can never be attained

3 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Highex: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

His argument is valid, If you understand nature well enough. The gender inequality is natural and NO MAN can make this equal. We can only hope the female species evolve to an equal or stronger one.

Take about gender marginalisation then you have a discuss but gender equality nahhhh, baseless.

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Blonchilli(m): 1:03am On Feb 18, 2018
skales67:

Lol...you mean Toke Makinwa?
That Toke Makinwa

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Blonchilli(m): 1:06am On Feb 18, 2018
lefulefu:
Which female 'celebrity' don't do it. Point one and I'll show you a dog that meows

2 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by MrRichmond: 1:21am On Feb 18, 2018
Feminism is a curse on this world.
No matter how they want to twist it, when closely examined you will see that their stupid ideology is riddled with holes.
Don't ever let a woman deceive or manipulate you into thinking that Feminism is about equality, it is NOT!
Feminism is all about superiority.
Only wise women will be bold enough to admit the deep manipulative & victimhood tactics these feminist use.
I pity men that fall for this scam!

7 Likes

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobleking2000(m): 2:43am On Feb 18, 2018
oyb:

the same world that gave us margaret thatcher, angela merkel, queen victoria is now a world where women are marginalized?

you are talking about northern poverty - it is poor female kids that are made to get married, just as poor male kids are made to become almajiris

you are talking about saudi arabia? saudi arabia is your yardstick for claiming that women all over the world are marginalized? do you know how ridiculous that sounds? so what if i decided to reference british women as a yardstick for women the world over?

if you have to pick particular societies with a reputation for being backward, then you know your argument is already flawed

Leave that hypocrite she also forgot the divorce laws that suits women more than men that a man can give up all he worked for just for a failed marriage yet they don't see anything wrong in such laws.

1 Like

Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 18, 2018
oyb:

Yep, you lazy, gold digging wenches will be forever held down by the Man. Now get back to the other room and make me a sandwich angry

Are you sure that's all you want?
I'm always at your service Lord Oyb.
Re: "Feminists Want Benefits That Men Get But Don't Want The Problem" - Lady by electroilorin(m): 6:18am On Feb 18, 2018
Gender has not been equal since when God created Adam first b4 creating eve out of him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

17 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Broke Guy / Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married? / "If Your Girlfriend Demands For Money Routinely, She's A Prostitute" - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.