Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City (28966 Views)

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ishilove: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2018
OneSentence:

lmao...are u from Edo state?
I have kindred and friends from yonder there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Surulady: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2018
baby124:
Congratulations OP. This is not the place to ask about the wedding process for Edo bride if you are not a mischevious and unserious groom. Don’t you have in laws who you can ask? Even at the worst you can watch videos on YouTube. Only a person who wants trouble, goes around asking foolish questions.

It seems like you are not confident in who you want to marry, so you come online to seek answers to your doubts. Okunrin a tojubole kiri. Nkan ti o wa lo ma ri last last. I sincerely do not like people like you. They get burnt at the end of the day and jump from frying pan to fire.
you have jst said it all what is he expecting to see or hear that edo people are good and not bad or the bad and not good?if you not comfortable with the woman you are dating pls oyinle find your level we leave that babe alone and marry the oyinle like you
And for those calling edo people first class witch wehdon if witch no dey your family una no go make nairaland living apartment u see e money and ubifranklyn here?their village witch cooperate with them,make una go settle una own lipsrsealed
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by djl(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:
First of all let's start with your grammar, I am 'a European' man.

What part of Europe do you come from?
Don't they teach the rules in vowel sound in the part of Europe you come from? a, e, i, o, u...

OP, no mind me, we here in Nairaland and criticism are like 5 & 6 grin

Lols

You are obviously the one with limited understanding of the English language.
You cannot rely on the letter that starts a word in deciding whether “a or an" comes before it. In most cases you rely on the sound.

European literally sounds as Yuropean. So it's A European

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ojemedad: 9:26am On Feb 20, 2018
dingbang:
wow... And what are the Igbo sisters doing sef

Sorry to say our beautiful Igbo sisters don't travel outside more, mostly local

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by BrownRoofRep: 9:27am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

I have kindred and friends from yonder there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See Ingrish ... APC is a liar!
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ishilove: 9:29am On Feb 20, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

See Ingrish ... APC is a liar!
Yonder is olde English. And yas, APC are liars!! cheesy
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by lilslim(m): 9:30am On Feb 20, 2018
thegentleman:
They love having sex.
Who doesn't?

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by BrownRoofRep: 9:33am On Feb 20, 2018
bolondo:
Hello everyone. It is my first intervention here and I expect many more.
I am a European man who has a girlfriend of Edo state for years, and thinking about getting married.
What can you tell me about the wedding in Benin City?
Greetings and thanks.

I take it that you are like me, a African man grin. English is not our first language.

No vex sire, art thou from Italy?
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by SmartyPants(m): 9:34am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

People say Edo girls fly at day time but just ignore them.

Edo people are generally easygoing people. They don't make trouble, don't find trouble, don't give trouble, unambitious and have not contributed anything meaningful to the growth and development of the country tongue tongue

People also claim the headquarters of witchcraft is in Edoland (first class azeh ) and their women often knock off their wealthy husbands in order to inherit his riches. Whether this is true or not, I am in no position to confirm or refute. Once again, IGNORE THEM. tongue cheesy

They do not demand for an arm and leg during the marriage processes, and unlike certain parts of Nigeria, you will not need to break your bank to marry one of theirs. cheesy You will find that they will make most agreeable in-laws. grin

However, If you are a religious person, pray to God for guidance before settling down with your partner because love, good and evil does not know race, ethnicity or gender. With God, you can never go wrong

As a very longstanding member of nairaland this is unexpected of you. The man specifically asked about the wedding not about your thinly veiled prejudices.

The hustle for likes is real abi? Hope the few you've gotten made it worthwhile for you.

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by BrownRoofRep: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

Yonder is olde English. And yas, APC are liars!! cheesy

Sisi, you don't say yonder there. What is APC turning Nigeria to?
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by mamuzoOMAH(m): 9:39am On Feb 20, 2018
this is what will most likely happen. You will eventually die and the woman will inherit your property. just pray she's not the one that kills you. may God be with you as you marry her. Amen.
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ishilove: 9:40am On Feb 20, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Sisi, you don't say yonder there. What is APC turning Nigeria to?
I know, smartypants BroownRoofRep. It's a deliberate tautology. It's all deliberate wink cheesy
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Kizyte(m): 9:45am On Feb 20, 2018
Boss13:

Laughs - you just exposed your ignorance, but I understand you.

Europe is pronounced ”Yurope” and not Eerope as pronounced in Africa. So it is very wrong to write an European. It is a Yuropean. He is right and you are wrong.

At OP - Benin people have a massive rich culture and heritage. On the average I can say Africans value marriage more than the West. Hence, there is a bit of success in that. I wish you the best
Pesin no fit follow una joke again? cheesy
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Kizyte(m): 9:46am On Feb 20, 2018
Brownville007:

Guy in a bid to be funny you just made a dunce of yourself. The OP is right, there are some vowels that goes solely with A and not AN in exceptional cases. Europe and Uganda are one of them. It is A Ugandan and not an Ugandan , A European and not An European. Next time do your research
Why are you taking the joke personal na? grin
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2018
alfseth:
i pity ur lyf ewu
Them Edo wings will come for me tonight shey? grin
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 20, 2018
Gentle034:

U ain't gonna hear Dat from my mouth. Wait lemme ask Zuka
hehehehe

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Kizyte(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2018
FA13:

Stop displaying your ignorance and half-wit knowledge here.

European (jʊərəpiːən) is pronounced as though it starts with a consonant letter hence the use of 'a' and not "an".

Thanks.
Some jokes are easily misunderstood... Anyway, have a fun-filled day ahead! smiley

1 Like

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by lexy2014: 9:52am On Feb 20, 2018
livebynite:

exactly, i have noticed an increase in alot of fake posts on nairaland lately. I have a feeling traffic is dropping and some people who work for this website and now creating fake posts to gain interest. Look at the other topic of a guy who wants to marry a girl and she asked for 500k? you see the similarity? I also noticed another fake topic about a guy who said his ex wants him back because he is now employed!!! fake topics with similar patterns. they were all created by the same person
Thats how one idiot said he wants 2 divorce his wife 4 cheating on him with her boss. but doesn't no how 2go about it. He said he is comfortable and lives in a 5bedroom duplex yet he doesn't have d sense 2go 4a lawyer but instead he came 2 naira land to ask 4 opinion. They should call this naira land but opinion land
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by BrownRoofRep: 9:55am On Feb 20, 2018
Ishilove:

I know, smartypants BroownRoofRep. It's a deliberate tautology. It's all deliberate wink cheesy
Oh! Dear o dear!
Never take you mean Bini girls capable of jokes.
Forgive my stupidity!
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by livebynite: 9:57am On Feb 20, 2018
lexy2014:
Thats how one idiot said he wants 2 divorce his wife 4 cheating on him with her boss. but doesn't no how 2go about it. He said he is comfortable and lives in a 5bedroom duplex yet he doesn't have d sense 2go 4a lawyer but instead he came 2 naira land to ask 4 opinion. They should call this naira land but opinion land
exactly ! I am.happy you see it too! They are all fake topics with very astounding similarly
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
bolondo:
Hello everyone. It is my first intervention here and I expect many more.
I am a European man who has a girlfriend of Edo state for years, and thinking about getting married.
What can you tell me about the wedding in Benin City?
Greetings and thanks.

Op if you love your woman and she is well brought up and from a good family please go ahead and marry her. Forget about what people are saying about edo women.

I am an igbo man married to an edo girl.
And I can tell you in all honesty that marring her is the best decision I have ever made in my life.
The love. The respect .The peace of mind (even when I was jobless for almost 3 years ) is out of this world. And their traditional marriage is very cheap and easy.

So my advice is go for it.

3 Likes

Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by somehow: 10:09am On Feb 20, 2018
I hope you know you are sick to have type this rubbish?
Ishilove:

People say Edo girls fly at day time but just ignore them.

Edo people are generally easygoing people. They don't make trouble, don't find trouble, don't give trouble, unambitious and have not contributed anything meaningful to the growth and development of the country tongue tongue

People also claim the headquarters of witchcraft is in Edoland (first class azeh ) and their women often knock off their wealthy husbands in order to inherit his riches. Whether this is true or not, I am in no position to confirm or refute. Once again, IGNORE THEM. tongue cheesy

They do not demand for an arm and leg during the marriage processes, and unlike certain parts of Nigeria, you will not need to break your bank to marry one of theirs. cheesy You will find that they will make most agreeable in-laws. grin

However, If you are a religious person, pray to God for guidance before settling down with your partner because love, good and evil does not know race, ethnicity or gender. With God, you can never go wrong
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by LaClickLaBend: 10:16am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

Don't they teach the rules in vowel sound in the part of Europe you come from? a, e, i, o, u...

a European man is actually very correct. stop displaying your ignorance here mumu
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by DrMuzungu(m): 10:20am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

English is not everybody's 1st language, even in Europe. Talking of that, I bet that his English is a lot better than you could be in his native language smiley
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by IamLaura(f): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2018
Kizyte:

Not all Europeans use English as their official language therefore English is a borrowed language to them just as it is to you black Africans.
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Navalsadiq(m): 10:26am On Feb 20, 2018
livebynite:

you spoke like an imbecilee
you mean he writes like an slowpoke
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Navalsadiq(m): 10:27am On Feb 20, 2018
livebynite:

you spoke like an imbecilee
you mean he writes like an imbecilee
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ishilove: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Oh! Dear o dear!
Never take you mean Bini girls capable of jokes.
Forgive my stupidity!
Your stupidity is forgiven and forgotten. kiss

I no call you stupid o. I just dey quote wetin you write grin
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Ishilove: 10:29am On Feb 20, 2018
Navalsadiq:
you mean he writes like an imbecilee
I am pretty certain he meant 'you spoke like an _imbecile'
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by Jflex07(m): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2018
livebynite:

exactly, i have noticed an increase in alot of fake posts on nairaland lately. I have a feeling traffic is dropping and some people who work for this website are now creating fake posts to gain interest. Look at the other topic of a guy who wants to marry a girl and she asked for 500k? you see the similarity? I also noticed another fake topic about a guy who said his ex wants him back because he is now employed!!! fake topics with similar patterns. they were all created by the same person
And what if they weren't fake? over sabi
Re: White Man Wants To Marry His Edo Girlfriend In Benin City by VULCAN(m): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2018
I don't want to believe you are implying that he should have typed 'I am an European man.

This is why it is said that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

FYI, the OP's sentence construction is correct.

If you knew the in-depth rules surrounding vowels you would know that the word 'European' is silent therefore 'a' is used and not 'an'

Kizyte:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / How to Ask Your Girlfriend's Parents For Her Hand in Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.