Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

What Happens When You're Dead? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When You're Dead? (8458 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / What Happens When You Keep Sinning And Never Want To Stop / What Happens When People Die? (find Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2020
TheSourcerer:
sorry about your chess partner ,

Omg omg I love chess! I love Chess! How can we play?

Again sorry he died
Thanks. I'll miss him because our chess playing included a pint of Guinness and great conversation.

Register on gameknot and invite budat to a game. I'd have gotten a free month for your registration but I've already got life.
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2020
sonofluc1fer:

Weird that one day, my balls and eyes will be dinner for some slimy beings. Weird.

Hope my death is quick, however it comes. Those slow, long ones like cancer.... eeeiisshh..

After death, I'll be gone. A closed chapter. Hopefully I do something great before I go.

Makes life feel kinda pointless tbh.

You've just painted a picture of hopelessness. cool

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2020
hahn:

I will answer that question after I am dead undecided

By then, it will be too late.

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Jun 30, 2020
paxonel:

All christians do twinkle their eyes at death or the last day they live(1 Corinthians 15:52) and open their eyes again with a different body into another life in the womb of another woman who is ready for childbearing (1 Timothy 2:15).
All these happens the very moment they die and judged. It is appointed once for men to die, after that, judgement.
So christians don't die in the real sense, they live on this earth continuously and eternally. Only that they experience death like anyone else, but they lives on afterwards because death has been defeated.

Comfort one another with this good news

Fake news!

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2020
hahn:

DO you have video evidence of this? Have you witnessed it? Can you provide a witness? undecided

You will see the video after death. cool

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

I am responding to you because I think you are being sincere so please pay attention. Do note that I am not requiring that you agree, just that you understand. And no, I am not offended. I will let you know if I become offended.

As an atheist, when a person dies, it is my opinion that that is it. There is no after, according to my own opinion.

Can you see from the above why the question I asked
(What Happens When You're Dead?), is the question I would ask? And that if I had thought of, and asked the question you say I should have asked (What happens after you are dead?), it would have only been with some intention in mind?

Do note that I have liked every response, even those that oppose my own view. And I have not taken to arguing that anyone's opinion is incorrect. I have not died yet you see. And no one has died and returned to tell if there is an after death, least not as far as has convinced me yet.

Are you still an atheist?

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Buda's Perspective

So, you took your last breath. You don't exist as you did anymore. No more waking up to a beautiful new day, or seeing and talking to those who love you or those you hate. No more posting on social media, no going to work or paying bills or enjoying food or having sex. Unless someone knows you, we wouldn't even know you are dead for how many have you discoursed with on here but do so no more. We know nought of them, whether dead or alive.

Dust, basically, thou art, and dust you will become, food for worms and fertiliser at best, on the day you die, and nothing else.

Hard to take in, I'm absolutely certain. So post a consolation, an alternate reality.

What would happen after you're dead?

Or at best a Buddhist? undecided

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2020
soliq55:

There is a difference between dying and being dead. Dying is not a state of death but the pathway to the state of being dead. Unforunately, nobody knows definitively what happens when humans are in the state of being dead but dying can actually be observed and even quantified physiologically.

During the process of dying, depending on the severity and cause, the organs usually shut down one by one. It is not uncommon to hallucinate when the brain is in the process of shutting down. A common variable to to stories about people seeing heaven, God, Jesus, Allah and hell when they are in the process of dying is that it is culturally specific. For instance, a Yoruba man sees a Jesus that is black man wearing agabada speaking Yoruba, a white man sees Jesus in heaven wearing suit and tie. And so on.

These near death experiences are usually our brain repacking the data in our subconscious mind to give us images and even stories. Just because these pictures can be very vivid does not mean its true. It is the power of our subconscious mind.

The billion dollar advertisement industry is well aware of the power of the subconscious and tap into this to make their fortune. For example, when you go to the grocery store, where I live there could be up to 20 different brands of cereal. Have you ever stopped and ask why you picked the one you chose instead of the other perfectly good brands of the same cereal within the same price range? Your subconcious mind told you to do so. It may be due to an advert of that cereal you've seen as far back as when you were 3 years old that affects your decision to chose it.

More about the brain. cool

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
dalaman:

What happens when you die? You remain dead. That we know for a fact, any other thing proposed is nothing but conjecture.

Get an afterlife. cool

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
frosbel2:

Nothing

Atheism is hopelessness.

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Repent? Or Believe? There is a clear difference.

To the first, I'll only sin again so why bother. Besides, why waste the blood of Christ shed to continuously wash my sins away?

To the second, I quote Alice. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."

Both. cool

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

I just saw myself drinking the water thinking "but I don full now". Next thing, I woke up lying on the beach with all these people starring at my pata majidun, which I was ashamed of. So I rudely asked, "what you all starring at?", and they all laughed. It was only later that I was informed that I'd deprived everyone from swimming in the ocean because I'd drank it all up. They'd had to press it all out of my stomach!

For my second near death, I was aware like you were, and it was in a hospital. No lights either.

The atheist delusion. undecided

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
EmperorHarry:

Funny story is the universe we exist in has infinite possibilities... Maybe we all end up in a trap for eternity,maybe it's oblivion,reincarnation, heaven and hell,paradise for all regardless of what you've done on earth...There's no human in history that is 100% sure of what happens after death...
Anything is possible

The irony is that atheists are 100% certain that there is neither God nor afterlife. undecided

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Are you still an atheist?
I am to you what ever your small mind thinks I am, Deg. When your mind grows big enough however, you will find that I am who I am.
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

The atheist delusion. undecided
If you say so.

budaatum:

I have had 2 near death experiences myself, one which involved me drinking all the water in the ocean at Bar Beach. So I can at least claim to know something about them. And no, neither occasion made me convert from my previously held atheism.
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

I am to you what ever your small mind thinks I am, Deg. When your mind grows big enough however, you will find that I am who I am.
budaatum:

If you say so.

Try to stay positive and on the alert. wink

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by paxonel(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Fake news!
simply because it is not deeper life that is saying it?
Look, I'm not the one saying it, it's from the bible if you truly you are a Christian why do you doubt resurrection like the Sadducees saying it is fake news?
Follow the logic what the bible is saying, resurrection of the dead is real, if it weren't so Jesus wouldn't have preached it. Matthew 22:31-32.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 fully and explicitly explain how the dead is resurrected, that death has been defeated through Christ,But you deeper life you will never see that.
You have to study your bible independently and leave church alone.

Through one man(Adam) death came to this world, but Christ has come to restore eternal life back to this same world 1 Corinthians 15:22

1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman(Eve) being deceived was in the transgression.
1 Timothy 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Do you see the emboldened?
It's self explanatory, if you keep doubting it doesn't change the fact the resurrection is real and we are resurrected(saved from death ) through childbearing.

Now look at how Paul further explained this:

1 Corinthians 15:37 And that which thou sowest, THOU SOWETH NOT THAT BODY THAT SHALL BE, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

that means, there is a body that shall be, which is different from what is being sown.

Literally, this means that when a Christian is buried it's like a seed is been sown to the ground. But that same Christian will resurrect spiritually and according to 1 Timothy 2:15, he shall germinate like a seed in the womb of another woman who is Christian, so that the baby will be groomed a Christian by his Christian parent, but this time, with a different body(1 Corinthians 15:38) his body has changed, it will never be recognized that the baby was that same Christian that was once dead.

And why is it for Christians only?

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

This means, if we be dead as Christians we believe that we shall also be raised as Christians and not as Muslims or any other religion other than Christians, this is why the FAITH is very important, without faith it is impossible to please God.

And we only get that faith only when we are raised by a Christian parent from childhood, not from Islamic parent or parent from other religions.

I'm very sure kumuyi has not reseached his bible to this point grin
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Try to stay positive and on the alert. wink
It is the duty of all Christians to save drowning people. It is what the Lord Jesus thought should be done. Saving does not however mean converting them, for that is the duty of God.

Besides, being a Christian does not mean one is saved. Those who do not do the will of the Lord, the least of which is love your neighbours and your enemies moreso, will gnash their teeth.

budaatum:
In reply Jesus said: “A man was stuck in a river".

"A photographer stood there taking photos while an orangutan saved the man".

“Which of these do you think was a neighbor to the man stuck in a river?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]Go and do likewise[/url].”

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11026430_244049467975207imagem181581013078995_jpeg36831a722ecdff67f0e5698629a2a90c

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

It is the duty of all Christians to save drowning people. It is what the Lord Jesus thought should be done. Saving does not however mean converting them, for that is the duty of God.

Besides, being a Christian does not mean one is saved. Those who do not do the will of the Lord, the least of which is love your neighbours and your enemies moreso, will gnash their teeth.

You missed the point. The animal is not your neighbour that can save you when you are drowning in the sea of sin. Only Jesus can save. smiley

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11835718_atheistsrescue_jpeg1b08d26326a3d10c11c177fce7192a31

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You missed the point. The animal is not your neighbour that can save you when you are drowning in the sea of sin. Only Jesus can save. smiley

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11835718_atheistsrescue_jpeg1b08d26326a3d10c11c177fce7192a31
Well, I disagree. If an atheist or anyone needs saving and one is in a position to save them, then one better save them regardless of their beliefs, and if one fails, then one better accept one is incompetent and go learn to be better at it.

But as far as salvation save is concerned, that is the duty of God. For me is to let the light of my love so shine before them so that they may see my good works and glorify the Father which is in heaven.

No one saves anyone by being an ass.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

Well, I disagree. If an atheist or anyone needs saving and one is in a position to save them, then one better save them regardless of their beliefs, and if one fails, then one better accept one is incompetent and go learn to be better at it.

But as far as salvation save is concerned, that is the duty of God. For me is to let the light of my love so shine before them so that they may see my good works and glorify the Father which is in heaven.

No one saves anyone by being an ass.

Only Jesus can save you, not an ass.

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 7:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Only Jesus can save you, not an ass.
Is Jesus not God anymore?

budaatum:

But as far as salvation save is concerned, that is the duty of God.

If you can't be bothered to read what I write could you kindly try really hard not to quote me again please and leave my saving to Christ, and perhaps try to love your enemies and neighbours too, for it is rather ungodly not to and it is an indication of you needing salvation yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by TheSourcerer: 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

If you can't be bothered to read what I write could you kindly try really hard not to quote me again please and leave my saving to Christ, and perhaps try to love your enemies and neighbours too, for it is rather ungodly not to and it is an indication of you needing salvation yourself.
I don't bother with these people anymore ,let him believe in God buddy , let's talk a walk , it's a lovely evening !
Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
budaatum:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 12:07am On Jul 01, 2020
I guess you just love arguing with yourself. Your post is as stupid as saying a stone is not God when no one has said it is.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43am On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:
I guess you just love arguing with yourself. Your post is as stupid as saying a stone is not God when no one has said it is.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11838127_atheistargumenttohell_jpegc2e6f8a0030bb4abfcc02705cb3bbdc9

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:19am On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11839269_abortionnot_jpeg195aefaee87d5cb38a9f16ef22827483

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
The sinnings of others is not permission for you to sin too.

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2020

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 7:09pm On Jul 01, 2020

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
budaatum:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11843020_20200701190851272_jpeg_jpegd37fa2921e81fd9029803de69a5151c0

You have to first of all become a brother before I will consider whether to pull out the mote from your eye or not.

1 Share

Re: What Happens When You're Dead? by budaatum: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You have to first of all become a brother before I will consider whether to pull out the mote from your eye or not.
Leave the mote in my eye for Jesus to pull out and concern yourself with the beam that is in your own eye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are Women Preachers Allowed In The Church? / Is Homosexuality Wrong? / The Right To Choose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.