Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him (2586 Views)

Nigerian Men Are Not Intelligent - Baddie / I Love Her But She's Not Intelligent Advice Me Please / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Nanabaffour(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Got this message as an email. You can send us your relationship stories via Okayghofficial@gmail.com

I’m a 26 years girl and have been with my boyfriend who is also 30years for almost 6 months, he’s been living with me and my parents for about a month now. He was only supposed to stay for 3 days.

My parents finally had enough of him and rented a place for him to stay. My mother also recommended that I find a way to break up with him. He’s incredibly sweet but unfortunately he is extremely unintelligent. He barely got through high school. He does ridiculous things like putting a fried egg in the fridge till the next day, doesn’t even know how to use the Microsoft office, doesn’t know the meaning of simple words, etc.

Read Also: ‘My Girlfriend Ran Away With My GHc43,000 After I Gave her my ATM’ – Heartbroken Man Reveals

My parents keep asking me if I really want to be with someone who couldn’t complete high school. Last time, he put a bowl of jollof in the cabinet with the dishes. The most annoying thing is he doesn’t know how to use an ATM. We have an amazing time when we go out on dates. He has an entitled attitude where he thinks that his family (that abandoned him in the first place) owes him.

Every job he gets seems to reduce his hours down to nothing and eventually fire him. He says he dreams of a life for us with a house, children, all that and sometimes I think I can see it. Then he’ll do something ridiculous that makes me question his abilities entirely. The sex is absolutely incredible and he’s the kindest person I’ve ever met.

Read Also: “If You Can’t Give Your Girlfriend Money, Be Prepared to Share Her With a Guy” – Lady

I worry that in the future if we do decide to live together I’ll have to be the main source of income and maintain all the expenses and bills, because he’s incapable. This isn’t the future that I want for myself, but every time I bring it up he cries and says he’ll “try harder to better himself”.

I do love him and I want the best for him, our personalities seem to be perfect for each other and we have very similar interests and similar childhoods. Sadly, I’m not sure he is ever going to be able to make it out there in the real world. Should I stay in the relationship during the time that he is in transitional living and see if he improves, or break up with him before he goes? He allowed me to use his phone recently and I found messages between him and his ex-fiancé.

Read Also: Lady Punishes Her Boyfriend; Orders Him To Write ‘I Won’t Cheat No More’ 224 Times

“I don’t care what my gf says I’m going to talk to you anyway” and “she’ll never break up with me she has too many problems” were just a few that I found. When confronted he apologized and said he was in a bad mental state at the time. He has been suicidal in the past and constantly talks about with me.

He blames his bad childhood for all his issues, whereas I don’t because I overcame mine and got help. This is only my second relationship, so I could really use some help. Here are some of the pros, because I don’t want this to look completely negative: He helps me run my home clothing business, he does the dishes, doesn’t drink/party, will do practically anything for me.

source: http://www.okaygh.com/my-boyfriend-is-not-intelligent-i-want-to-break-up-with-him/
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by MrOjay1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2018
shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by MhizAJ(f): 7:41pm On Feb 23, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by midolian(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2018
A man that appreciated an "intelligent" lady like you, approached you to talk to you about it, got a "yes" from you cos you felt he deserved it is the same man you call too unintelligent cos he s got some weaknesses?

For you not to notice this before giving him a positive answer makes you far more unintelligent.

7 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by crismark(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2018
dis one is too strong.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by ayookunlee: 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2018
shaking
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by habsydiamond(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
U need to kantinue helping im oooo
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Ahmed0336(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2018
I no fit shout cough dey worry me
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Pubichairs(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
cry Op at your age u can't copy and paste..look at the rubbish u posted for people to read..u must be shameless

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by FreshBoss007: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
midolian:
A man that appreciated an "intelligent" lady like you, approached you to talk to you about it, got a "yes" from you cos you felt he deserved it is the same man you call too unintelligent cos he s got some weaknesses?

For you not to notice this before giving him a positive answer makes you far more unintelligent.

exactly what I was thinking... but Na wa for the guy though... how would you be staying with your girl's parents for 3month... ile igidigan

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by christ007(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
Is intelligent past of love. Been unintelligent doesn't mean he can not make it in life.who know maybe if you leave him now is life will be better grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Dannyset(m): 8:44pm On Feb 23, 2018
Staying with your gf parents for months could be as a result of a financial problem and might not mean unintelligent. But you can't be unintelligent and still be sweet

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by midolian(m): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2018
FreshBoss007:

exactly what I was thinking... but Na wa for the guy though... how would you be staying with your girl's parents for 3month... ile igidigan
Some guys cn be crazy..he might even be "scamming" the girl. Now that the girl sees him as an occasional dunce which he is probably aware of, he can now hide under this umbrella to do these things which are not right..and blame it on his "weakness"
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Stycon(m): 9:14pm On Feb 23, 2018
Super story undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2018
Not buying this
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by swiz123(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2018
No need advising you;seems your mind is already made up.

In fairness, I think it could be really frustrating to put up with a slowpoke cos that's what he is

There are some things you don't learn in school, so forget the "I didn't complete high school" thingy.

Dumbness is no peccadillo,and it shouldn't be ignored.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by OneCorner: 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
stupid bf... tell him not to call u again...
good riddance cool
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by youngderek1(m): 1:16am On Feb 24, 2018
midolian:

gbam! you've said it all
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Basic123: 8:04am On Feb 24, 2018
Dannyset:
Staying with your gf parents for months could be as a result of a financial problem and might not mean unintelligent. But you can't be unintelligent and still be sweet
Exactly

being sweet is part of intelligence
Re: My Boyfriend Is Not Intelligent! I Want To Break Up With Him by Kobicove(m): 8:31am On Feb 24, 2018
undecided

(1) (Reply)

For How Long Will I Remain Silent?? / Lady Attempting To Dump Her Man :see Her Excuses Below / See How A Slay Queen Strips Pastor Nak3d After Refusing To Pay For Her Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.