Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated (27434 Views)

Wizkid Agrees With Naira Marley That His Legwork is Bigger Than Headies / Dj Xclusive And Zlatan Ibile Hang Out After Release - Picture / "I'm Overrated, I Am Wack" - DJ Cuppy Finally Agrees With Ushbebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by harmbhrosz(m): 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
LZAA:

so spiderman,x men,deadpool and avengers are what?flops?
grin
so because someone's opinion says Black Panther is the best Superhero movie instantly translate to every other movie being a flop right i.e (Messi is the best player ever also means every other player on the planet before and now are flops right)

The way some of you reason ehn makes me wonder if every human walking around are really humans.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by psalmiel(m): 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
I've never liked this Freeze of a thing but from my point of view, this movie is truly overrated and I was so disappointed the day I watched it cos it wasn't up to my expectations with all the hype. But to be candid, the black guys tried cos it's not easy.

The end of discussion is whether the movie is overrated or not, they've raked in their millions of dollars and still raking in...

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kenostika(m): 6:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
Blacks always criticising.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by obembet(f): 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
Freeze will end up like Aunty Kemi soon... Mind your biz or else

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Mubiz(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
if u don't like the movie..don't cause a fuss, just buy a strong rope and hang ur self .the end
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Greatzeus(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
Handsomecole:
A times I wonder if we blacks are cursed never to appreciate our very own. The reason whites ate usually ahead of us that they support their own even when it is just odinary .
Black Panther is not your own please,it's just another business venture by a white owned movie company,that is successful. Written by a white man who probably has never stepped his foot on Africa before, produced by another white guy,distributed by a white owned media outlet,at the end white capitalists became richer.
Riches that doesn't have any bearing with you or any other African. So stop deceiving yourself,black panther is just another successful business venture for some white men somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by romeoetin(m): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
OhGeeBee:
For the first time, I'll be agreeing with Papa freeze.

The movie is truly overrated.

After all the noise it's our white masters that are raking in the cash.

We're just like pawn to them.

The movie portrays the white man's view of the black race.

For a movie I anxiously waited 3 months for, I was highly disappointed with the entire production. It was too "cringy".. Something wasn't just right about it given the hype

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labanj1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
OhGeeBee:

When will you have sense??

And you're not a kid anymore!
So you think I'm one of those people who will engage in e-war with you. I can see you're really sensible.
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labanj1(m): 7:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
OhGeeBee:

When will you have sense??

And you're not a kid anymore!
So you think I'm one of those people who will engage in e-war with you. I can see you're really sensible
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by LZAA: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2018
harmbhrosz:
so because someone's opinion says Black Panther is the best Superhero movie instantly translate to every other movie being a flop right i.e (Messi is the best player ever also means every other player on the planet before and now are flops right)

The way some of you reason ehn makes me wonder if every human walking around are really humans.
the dude said best superhero movie EVER which u and i know is a huge lie
btw that movie is overrated not bad
big difference

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by victorvezx(m): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
Greatzeus:

Black Panther is not your own please,it's just another business venture by a white owned movie company,that is successful. Written by a white man who probably has never stepped his foot on Africa before, produced by another white guy,distributed by a white owned media outlet,at the end white capitalists became richer.
Riches that doesn't have any bearing with you or any other African. So stop deceiving yourself,black panther is just another successful business venture for some white men somewhere.
Always the white man's fault. It's being more than 70 years since the creation of super hero comics, yet black people did not produce even one black super hero movie. Now the white man produced black panther, u idiots are now complaining of how its a white man business venture. What were black film makers doing for the last 70 years?

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by victorvezx(m): 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
psalmiel:
I've never liked this Freeze of a thing but from my point of view, this movie is truly overrated and I was so disappointed the day I watched it cos it wasn't up to my expectations with all the hype. But to be candid, the black guys tried cos it's not easy.

The end of discussion is whether the movie is overrated or not, they've raked in their millions of dollars and still raking in...
That is because it's an origin movie like Iron Man 1, that was not too interesting
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by jeffoski(m): 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
papoose321:
Abeg see charcoal de call pot black.. 1 overrated DJ to another overrated celebrity.. Make ogùn no freeze una mouth xclusively

Epic grin
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by ahavas: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
Guys saying this movie is overrated have no clue what African Amercians/Blacks go through in the western world in terms of identity. Our kids in the western world grow up with the impression that blacks have no super hero. As lame as this is to an adult it goes a long way in giving the average black kid a sense of low esteem. When every super hero you see in comics and movies are whites , it paints an image in the psyche of the black kid in to accepting that black are inferiors. To a Nigerian in Nigeria who lives in the midst of blacks this movie might mean nothing but to a visible minority black in white dominated environment it means a lot, as fictional as it is. The psychological emotional boost goes a long way in helping the self estem of our kids . As an educator in the westren world I see the damage that is daily done to the self esteem of an average black kid and I can say this movie goes a long way in doing something about that. Many kids that I know have watched this movie in the part of the world where I live are so proud to be black although they have never been to any country in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by ooshinibos: 7:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Ill have given you further proof to buttress my points only if you were sure of yourself.

Let me know when you finally decide your NOT really is for real!
lol , the Blank Planther , did not really feel African to me , maybe because they did not use some of the African artiste , I don't know , it look like they were making fun of the African continent and its leaders , we are always cutting each other short even when we have all the resources , it was a wake up call sha , that is what Africa should be like , the graphic and animation was good but it was not made for the real Africa , the movies will appeal to the black Americans and to someone that have not visited Africa before ( most of the stars in that movie ) , the whole story was a cliché ,African always fighting themselves ...

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by harmbhrosz(m): 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
LZAA:

the dude said best superhero movie EVER which u and i know is a huge lie
btw that movie is overrated not bad
big difference
you should know that is his opinion,
His best Superhero movie EVER does not have to be your best Superhero movie ever and shouldn't be mine too, we all have our unique differences in taste which is what made us human.

Even critics globally have good things to say about the movie

By the way Tell me exactly how an overated movie is expected to meet your expectations.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Ayodejioak(m): 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
ooshinibos:

lol , the Blank Planther , did not really feel African to me , maybe because they did not use some of the African artiste , I don't know , it look like they were making fun of the African continent and its leaders , we are always cutting each other short even when we have all the resources , it was a wake up call sha , that is what Africa should be like , the graphic and animation was good but it was not made for the real Africa , the movies will appeal to the black Americans and to someone that have not visited Africa before ( most of the stars in that movie ) , the whole story was a cliché ,African always fighting themselves ...

See, This is the issue...

When Movies potraying Africa as a shrine with thatched roofs on mud houses and everyone be walking in leaves are made, we begin to rant and go haywire about it.

Now they decided to get us some 5 decades ahead of the present U.S technology and all the good stuff, and this is all you have to say?

If you've seen the movie, you ll get to see how much reference was made to trends of Africa and even Nigeria in particular.

Now, I personally feel it is baseless to judge that movie simply because ogogo, babasuwe and the rest of you favourite artiste are missing in it!

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Emerikoss: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Wee they both keep kwayet!!!

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by LZAA: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
harmbhrosz:
you should know that is his opinion,
His best Superhero movie EVER does not have to be your best Superhero movie ever and shouldn't be mine too, we all have our unique differences in taste which is what made us human.

Even critics globally have good things to say about the movie

By the way Tell me exactly how an overated movie is expected to meet your expectations.
think u are missing he point here
i never said dat film was bad
d hype for the film was silly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Palmerbarry: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
It's slightly overrated, too many science fictions...

Good story
Bold characters #wakanda

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by boiz2men(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
KingsCare:
That simply means that it's publicist really did a very nice job by making the movie viral online and offline...........Meanwhile....if you need a good & committed online marketer for your business & services to maximize viral exposures, awareness, engagements and creativity.....HIRE ME.....Whatsapp no...0, 9, 0, 9, 1, 4, 5, 1, 0, 7, 4

Make this post or yourself viral... Then we will do business
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by harmbhrosz(m): 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
LZAA:

think u are missing he point here
i never said dat film was bad
d hype for the film was silly
oga nothing about hype is silly...

This is the FIRST black superhero movie that was produced by Marvel, and what kind of hype were you expecting.

Even the most hype about the movie is on social media and it's coming from people that have seen it. Meaning there is public acceptance for the movie so what exactly are you saying.

If you don't like something it's not a must you make a negative comment about it, hard working professionals in the world put all their time and energy to bring this movie to reality at least appreciate the hype behind their hard work

And by the way you still haven't explained how an over hyped movie is expected to meet your expectations

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Greatzeus(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
victorvezx:

Always the white man's fault. It's being more than 70 years since the creation of super hero comics, yet black people did not produce even one black super hero movie. Now the white man produced black panther, u idiots are now complaining of how its a white man business venture. What were black film makers doing for the last 70 years?
Can you point out where I blamed the white man? Someone called black panther "our own" I made it clear it's not about Africa really,the story id fiction,not any African history. It's just another Hollywood movie, another business venture,written, produced and distributed by whites.
" You idiots" wow really,hmmm feel your pain bro,our prayers are with you grin grin
A hungry man is truly an angry man lol haha ahh grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by KevinDein: 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
harmbhrosz:

This is the FIRST black superhero movie that was produced by Marvel, and what kind of hype were you expecting.

Even the most hype about the movie is on social media and it's coming from people that have seen it. Meaning there is public acceptance for the movie so what exactly are you saying.

If you don't like something it's not a must you make a negative comment about it, hard working professionals in the world put all their time and energy to bring this movie to reality at least appreciate the hype behind their hard work

And by the way you still haven't explained how an over hyped movie is expected to meet your expectations
The thing is most of these guys screaming over hyped or overrated can't even explain how exactly the movie is over hyped.
I mean this is a movie that got a rating of 97% by the notoriously stingy, yet well respected Rotten Tomatoes.
I'd take that assessment over those of Freeze and his likes.

I think some people just think sounding or appearing different from a crowd make them seem intelligent. It's not always the case and this proves it.

4 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by harmbhrosz(m): 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
KevinDein:

The thing is most of these guys screaming over hyped or overrated can't even explain how exactly the movie is over hyped.
I mean this is a movie that got a rating of 97% by the notoriously stingy, yet well respected Rotten Tomatoes.
I'd take that assessment over those of Freeze and his likes.

I think some people just think sounding or appearing different from a crowd make them seem intelligent. It's not always the case and this proves it.
bro I just saw the movie yesterday noon and i was amazed on how rich and amazing the movie is. I had to visit rotten tomatoes to see what Global critics had to say, they all accepted and praised the movie...

I now wonder how some third world people that probably can't afford 1500naira to see the movie/waiting for the pirated copy feels a movie that gulped $200million and has made $700million in just 2weeks feels the movie is over hyped.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Abogwara: 9:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
I like Daddy Freeze. He's a man of fearless truth. Blackpanther isn't so great that you would want to see again or buy for keeps. I've had very few movies I saw twice like one or two of Harry Potter movie series and some 007 movies.

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by profstar(m): 9:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
psalmiel:

my brother, you read out my mind
i agree with DJ Xclusive,
i mean, i was so pissed after watching the movie like what d f

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by LZAA: 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
harmbhrosz:

i hope u undastand wat marketing is
hope u have seen rappers like lil pump,chance the rapper blowin up thru social media
the marketing was over the top
spectre,skyfall ate tens of millions in advertising and were worth it(tho spectre was a bit empty imo)
thank God u said first by marvel cuz d storyline of blade (part 1) shits all over black panther(funny enough wesley snipes in his prime pitched d idea of making black panther but was turned down)

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by ooshinibos: 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

See, This is the issue...

When Movies potraying Africa as a shrine with thatched roofs on mud houses and everyone be walking in leaves are made, we begin to rant and go haywire about it.

Now they decided to get us some 5 decades ahead of the present U.S technology and all the good stuff, and this is all you have to say?

If you've seen the movie, you ll get to see how much reference was made to trends of Africa and even Nigeria in particular.

Now, I personally feel it is baseless to judge that movie simply because ogogo, babasuwe and the rest of you favourite artiste are missing in it!

I see your point ,I have seen the movie here in the UK , its valid but I believe the movie was made to appease the blacks in America because they have been complaining that all powerful comic heroes are always portrayed as white , it was not made to promote developments in African , its a gimmick ,basically , the movie just create more multi-,millionaires for the Marvel team or board of directors , to be honest , Africans does not need a movie to tell them who they are ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Ayodejioak(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
ooshinibos:

I see your point ,I have seen the movie here in the UK , its valid but I believe the movie was made to appease the blacks in America because they have been complaining that all powerful comic heroes are always portrayed as white , it was not made to promote developments in African , its a gimmick ,basically , the movie just create more multi-,millionaires for the Marvel team or board of directors , to be honest , Africans does not need a movie to tell them who they are ..

Thank you for that sentence " Africans does not need a movie to tell them who they are "

Its funny how people don't get the politics here... Just like any other firm, Marvel wants to rake in as much MONEY as they can.

Its all about the money here more than love for the culture or love for mama Africa...

That explains why they are being more global than local. I.e their content needs to cut across the people of the world as much as possible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by harmbhrosz(m): 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
LZAA:

i hope u undastand wat marketing is
hope u have seen rappers like lil pump,chance the rapper blowin up thru social media
the marketing was over the top
spectre,skyfall ate tens of millions in advertising and were worth it(tho spectre was a bit empty imo)
thank God u said first by marvel cuz d storyline of blade (part 1) shits all over black panther(funny enough wesley snipes in his prime pitched d idea of making black panther but was turned down)
stop beating around the bush tell us how an expected over hyped movie should look like.

And for fvck sake why the hell are you bringing an anti-vampire cast into a comic Superhero movie discussion?

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to like a particular thing tho, coz even the devil has followers so negative comments are allowed but guess what the majority of the world populace disagrees with you so your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing.

Bye
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by LZAA: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
harmbhrosz:
stop beating around the bush tell us how an expected over hyped movie should look like.

And for fvck sake why the hell are you bringing an anti-vampire cast into a comic Superhero movie discussion?

Anyway, I don't expect everyone to like a particular thing tho, coz even the devil has followers so negative comments are allowed but guess what the majority of the world populace disagrees with you so your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing.

Bye
whooooooa there
first of blade IS a superhero film
secondly i hope u know the second fifty shades of grey movie was awful yet made a ton of money
as per majority well majority of germany agreed with hitler as well and also the southern usa agreed to hve slaves as well grin
Hi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Waje Before Stardom / Ubi Franklin Drags Troll Who Said His Post Made 'no Sense' / Portable Admits To Beating Manny Monie Who Reported Him To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.