Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated (27433 Views)

Wizkid Agrees With Naira Marley That His Legwork is Bigger Than Headies / Dj Xclusive And Zlatan Ibile Hang Out After Release - Picture / "I'm Overrated, I Am Wack" - DJ Cuppy Finally Agrees With Ushbebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Kaycee7(m): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
Thought these two had something reasonable to say but DJ Xclusive can't even express his opinion coherently. WTF is "the king and his cousin (the other king)? Would it kill the dude to actually learn the names of characters in the movie he just watched? And type like an educated person. Freeze just increased on my stupidity scale.
The opinions of two idiots who definitely know nothing about watching movies, talk more of making one is worthless than the dirt on my shoe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by psalmiel(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
profstar:

my brother, you read out my mind
i agree with DJ Xclusive,
i mean, i was so pissed after watching the movie like what d f

Mehn! It is well.
I was just happy I didn't buy the ticket with my money. If not, it would have been really painful.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by lenghtinny(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Handsomecole:
A times I wonder if we blacks are cursed never to appreciate our very own. The reason whites ate usually ahead of us that they support their own even when it is just odinary .
You are calling an American movie your own...
If you have indeed watched the movie, does it seem like an African movie to you... A movie that portrays the whites mindset about Africa is not an African movie...
Stop getting emotional because of the skin color, it's just another Marvel superhero comic b*llshit angry

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kaycee7:
Thought these two had something reasonable to say but DJ Xclusive can't even express his opinion coherently. WTF is "the king and his cousin (the other king)? Would it kill the dude to actually learn the names of characters in the movie he just watched? And type like an educated person. Freeze just increased on my stupidity scale.
The opinions of two idiots who definitely know nothing about watching movies, talk more of making one is worthless than the dirt on my shoe

Lol

Bros why are you insulting people that just talking about a comic book film na
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Kaycee7(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2018
labi1977:

Lol

Bros why are you insulting people that just talking about a comic book film na
If you want to talk trash about a movie that is adapted, make sure you know the source material or have reasonable gripes. Otherwise, be prepared to eat the food the public will cook for you. People invested their time, money, talent and risked their lives to make this movie. To bring our fantasy to the big screen. And then, two nincompoops with no positive contribution to society think they can trend by bashing it? Bro, don't get me worked up

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

I love Nigerians.

They will never admit they are broke access

Instead, they 'll find something to blame.

Black panther is the most interesting and successful movie in the history of super hero comics. Quote me anywhere.

Please quickly google marvel movies you'll see that several have made almost 1.5 billion so how can black panther be the most successful if it has made 700 m so far, it's way too soon to tell

also two celebs above and several other people in this thread disagree with you that it's the best marvel movie. It's ok not the best

spawn is still my fav black superhero movie even though its old smiley

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kaycee7:
If you want to talk trash about a movie that is adapted, make sure you know the source material or have reasonable gripes. Otherwise, be prepared to eat the food the public will cook for you. People invested their time, money, talent and risked their lives to make this movie. To bring our fantasy to the big screen. And then, two nincompoops with no positive contribution to society think they can trend by bashing it? Bro, don't get me worked up

worked up why

were you already worked up

The film is ok and has made lots of money which is good for everyone

Many excellent movies get trashed and destroyed every single day its life no need to get sensitive since none of us were involved in making them anyway

hex and green lantern r excellent movies critics destroyed them and they didn't even make their budget back now those were real crimes lol
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by pressplay411(m): 10:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
IkeBuya:
It is just a movie. The people that are saying it's overhyped, what did they expect??
To call Black panther over hyped is not lost on the movie but more the person.
Like you said it's just a movie, perhaps freeze and xclusive got the ticket with the expectation that the vibranium will solve their personal issues.

So you see It's not the fault of the movie, they both need a shrink.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2018
KevinDein:

The thing is most of these guys screaming over hyped or overrated can't even explain how exactly the movie is over hyped.
I mean this is a movie that got a rating of 97% by the notoriously stingy, yet well respected Rotten Tomatoes.
I'd take that assessment over those of Freeze and his likes.

I think some people just think sounding or appearing different from a crowd make them seem intelligent. It's not always the case and this proves it.

Guy we meet again you see that I'm not so alone 2 celebs and many here agree with me also

I don't know if you finally went through imdb, the first 100 **user reviews where crucifying this movie

rotten tomatoes is respected but again its about 20 paid critics who may not want to be called racist vs 500 **real people raw user ratings on imdb if you look at them like I said you see that in fact many even hate this movie, but their hate is too much

I disagree with many of them, the film is at least ok , 700 million and counting

wakanda forever anyway, I've been a panther fan since the 90s i'll say that they got the panthers story quite accurately

by the way spawn is still a good black superhero movie till this day for any interested viewers
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by mablie(m): 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
pressplay411:
To call Black panther over hyped is not lost on the movie but more the person.
Like you said it's just a movie, perhaps freeze and xclusive got the ticket with the expectation that the vibranium will solve their personal issues

So you see It's not the fault of the movie, they both need a shrink.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Ayodejioak(m): 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
labi1977:

Please quickly google marvel movies you'll see that several have made almost two billion so how can black panther be the most successful if it has made 700 m so far, it's way too soon to tell

also two celebs above and several other people in this thread disagree with you that it's the best marvel movie. It's ok not the best

spawn is still my black superhero movie even though its old smiley

Like you said, We are judging based on its 2-week excellent tract record of a successful sale here.

So it 'll be baseless for you to compare some 20 year old spawn to some 2- weeks old Movie.

3 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Like you said, We are judging based on its 2-week excellent tract record of a successful sale here.

So it 'll be baseless for you to compare some 20 year old spawn to some 2- weeks old Movie.

Exactly that's why you can in no way say its the best or most profitable marvel movie yet, you can only say its the one you like best.

wait a few months then check the stats then see what you can say
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Ayodejioak(m): 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
labi1977:

Exactly that's why you can in no way say its the best or most profitable marvel movie yet, you can only say its the one you like best.

wait a few months then check the stats then see what you can say

Im not sure how much research you did but This said movie just surpassed Spider man in Box office sale.

Look it up and save us the back and forth pls!

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 11:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Im not sure how much research you did but This said movie just surpassed Spider man in Box office sale.

Look it up and save us the back and forth pls!

Which spiderman movie was it there are almost six now and most of them did well, some almost hit 1 billion

anyway I think avengers ultron is the top earning marvel movie now with almost 1.4 billion and captain america civil war is 2nd

if panther nears 1 billion after opening in china and russia it'll be doing good

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by sprints1: 11:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
well the reason why black panther is so overated and hyped because it is the first black superhero ever to grace the big screen so 90% of the black community support it so we all expect it to gross much but I haven't seen the movie though will wait till June or July till I get the blue ray version not interested in watching cinema abegi I want to farabale digest the movie but based on the ones I have seen MARVEL movies don't freak me and most times overhyped..the same thing happened to WONDERWOMAN that one is DC not MARVEL first female superhero movie was so hyped as well watched it nothing freaked me there... I have seen good and well scripted movie but most of dem don't get mentioned

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by ooshinibos: 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Thank you for that sentence " Africans does not need a movie to tell them who they are "

Its funny how people don't get the politics here... Just like any other firm, Marvel wants to rake in as much MONEY as they can.

Its all about the money here more than love for the culture or love for mama Africa...

That explains why they are being more global than local. I.e their content needs to cut across the people of the world as much as possible
and they have succeeded , Nollywood now needs to make such movies too to cut through Europe and America , I have not seen that happen yet , most of the people that watch African movies in Europe are Africans , we need to create contents that will attract the Europeans and Americas ,it doable , you need á sizeable budget and a good producer

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by sprints1: 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
labi1977:

Guy we meet again you see that I'm not so alone 2 celebs and many here agree with me also

I don't know if you finally went through imdb, the first 100 **user reviews where crucifying this movie

rotten tomatoes is respected but again its about 20 paid critics who may not want to be called racist vs 500 **real people raw user ratings on imdb if you look at them like I said you see that in fact many even hate this movie, but their hate is too much

I disagree with many of them, the film is at least ok , 700 million and counting

wakanda forever anyway, I've been a panther fan since the 90s i'll say that they got the panthers story quite accurately

by the way spawn is still a good black superhero movie till this day for any interested viewers
they are rotten tomatoes indeed those people rate movies based on sentiments rotten tomatoes that rated big sick over 95% that useless boring movie

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by chuckjonesautos: 11:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
See the over rated almost albino freeze talking.. you are so overhyped too... talking about tithes just to gain relevance.. go and raise 200 MILLION naira at least and go shoot a movie.. Fake celeb..
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by labi1977(m): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2018
sprints1:

they are rotten tomatoes indeed those people rate movies based on sentiments rotten tomatoes that rated big sick over 95% that useless boring movie

I'll never forgive them for what they did to my green lantern, hex and other movies

The even slaughtered will smith's last movie, again, not a bad one either

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Burgerlomo: 12:27am On Feb 28, 2018
Overhyped or no Overhyped, the thing don raked in more than $700 million cool

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Ayodejioak(m): 1:22am On Feb 28, 2018
ooshinibos:

and they have succeeded , Nollywood now needs to make such movies too to cut through Europe and America , I have not seen that happen yet , most of the people that watch African movies in Europe are Africans , we need to create contents that will attract the Europeans and Americas ,it doable , you need á sizeable budget and a good producer

Thank you! You speak wisdom.

African movies are the best of its kind IN AFRICA because they are made by africans for africans

African are now tired of its movies because the rest of the world make Movies for international consumption.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by psalmiel(m): 2:24am On Feb 28, 2018
victorvezx:

That is because it's an origin movie like Iron Man 1, that was not too interesting

The
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kwessiStewie2(m): 6:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Ayodejioak:

I love Nigerians.

Black panther is the most interesting and successful movie in the history of super hero comics. Quote me anywhere.
You know that's not true

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kwessiStewie2(m): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2018
Handsomecole:
A times I wonder if we blacks are cursed never to appreciate our very own. The reason whites ate usually ahead of us that they support their own even when it is just odinary .
Our own? I don't think you know what are talking about

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kwessiStewie2(m): 6:26am On Feb 28, 2018
LZAA:
so spiderman,x men,deadpool and avengers are what?flops? grin
I shock sef

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kwessiStewie2(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2018
ahavas:
Guys saying this movie is overrated have no clue what African Amercians/Blacks go through in the western world in terms of identity. Our kids in the western world grow up with the impression that blacks have no super hero. As lame as this is to an adult it goes a long way in giving the average black kid a sense of low esteem. When every super hero you see in comics and movies are whites , it paints an image in the psyche of the black kid in to accepting that black are inferiors. To a Nigerian in Nigeria who lives in the midst of blacks this movie might mean nothing but to a visible minority black in white dominated environment it means a lot, as fictional as it is. The psychological emotional boost goes a long way in helping the self estem of our kids . As an educator in the westren world I see the damage that is daily done to the self esteem of an average black kid and I can say this movie goes a long way in doing something about that. Many kids that I know have watched this movie in the part of the world where I live are so proud to be black although they have never been to any country in Africa.
So what stops them from creating their own superhero. African Americans are some of the useless set of people out there all the do is complain without doing anything about their situation.They complain about the lack of decent jobs when majority if them spend their lives at clubs drinking, smoking and having indiscriminate sex and they turn around to vent their frustration on the "system". I don't pitty them one bit

2 Likes

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by AGIDIMA1(m): 7:51am On Feb 28, 2018
Freez na idiot He can react and criticise but yet has no CREATIVITY.
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by Lotechi(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2018
Faithway10:
https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/02/daddy-freeze-agrees-dj-xclusive-black-panther-overrated.html
. If one should say they are both over hyped they will rain curses on the person......do not dish out what you can't take
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by amiibaby(f): 9:31am On Feb 28, 2018
Ayodejioak:

I love Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by LZAA: 10:03am On Feb 28, 2018
kwessiStewie2:
I shock sef
u go fear na
what peeps don't know is that marvel just picked on d discontent going on in black america to market this film
Good business-yes but it was silly marketing
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by ooshinibos: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2018
Ayodejioak:

Thank you! You speak wisdom.

African movies are the best of its kind IN AFRICA because they are made by africans for africans

African are now tired of its movies because the rest of the world make Movies for international consumption.

Thank you , you are absolutely right ...once we get our infrastructure right and the basics of life- which our leaders and people fail to understand , we will blossom more than the Americans - they have more problems than us but they are lucky they have leaders that love their country
Re: Daddy Freeze Agrees With DJ Xclusive That Black Panther Is Overrated by kwessiStewie2(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2018
LZAA:

u go fear na
what peeps don't know is that marvel just picked on d discontent going on in black america to market this film
Good business-yes but it was silly marketing
Exactly ma guy. You couldn't have said it any better.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Waje Before Stardom / Ubi Franklin Drags Troll Who Said His Post Made 'no Sense' / Portable Admits To Beating Manny Monie Who Reported Him To Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.