Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (30892 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

Any good and sufficient evidence to corroborate her grandmother's story of creation?

I recall starting my discussion with you on the premise that if your grandmother and a foreigner provides you with convincing but yet conflicting evidences of your history...which one will you believe...

This is as absurd as a Muslim educating Christians on the origin of Christianity...
What corroboration do you need again. Shebi she's given you ancestral history from an ancestor.
Bye bye Ooooo.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
LordVoldermort:
Get this
that was the part of the article dat appealed to you. Wat archeological evidence did you want to find on an event dat happened in d sea thousands of years ago? You just Google about ships and aircrafts that got missen in seas across the world that nations have given up finding.. A human being and chariot compared to an airplane, wch is bigger? 3 thousand years and 50 years, wch is longer? Are you also going to refute the fact the Malaysia MH 370 happened because you couldn't find the bodies of passengers and also the the plane? Is that logical to you?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Humanistme: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
salvation101:
God's dealing with mankind has always been progressive.. During the period from Abel till Jacob, a man could make sacrifices by himself, offer an animal as a sacrifice to make atonement for his sin. When the nation of Israel was born, it was unacceptable. That became only the job of the priesthood. In the dispensation of grace it is now unacceptable. Jesus is now the perfect sacrifice. It is a progression from permissible to perfection. It doesn't mean God has changed. Without Shedd of blood there is no remission for sin.
God is love and justice personified. D book of Ezekiel u quoted is several centuries apart. This was a period where the children of Israel were already in Babylonia captivity. He is a merciful God

what are you rambling about? if God's dealing is progressive then God has never been perfect. he is full of mistakes that's why he changes his word, his mind and his rules to make it better therefore calling him ominipotent is a contradiction because he makes mistakes.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

What corroboration do you need again. Shebi she's given you ancestral history from an ancestor.
Bye bye Ooooo.

And you'll believe without any bit of research on your part?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

And I've asked you, if both the foreigner and Jew presents convincing but yet conflicting evidence...which one will you settle for?

How do you know which one is right or wrong?

I don't want to believe the Jews are dullards...neither is the foreigner more insightful than them..
I will believe the Jew. tongue tongue
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
"And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."
John:1:21

"But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them."
Matthew:17:12

"Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
Matthew:17:13

John or Jesus one of them has to be lying

Salvation101 butterflyl1on
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

And you'll believe without any bit of research on your part?
Hahahaha hahahaha. People shey you guys are seeing what I'm dealing with.
Yes I will believe without further research cos the story is coming from an ancestor who knows about that history more than any other person.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Humanistme: 3:18pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

Fixed: If some parts of the ENGLISH BIBLE contains some inaccuracies...

The Bible was not originally written in English, get that part right first. And for someone like me, I do not believe in the English Bible 100%...

The truth is so delicate such that if something as little as punctuation mark is placed incorrectly, the entire context of that word can change...
Even worse off is when original words are substituted for synonyms due to limitations in language...

My mind is not closed to a collection of 66 books determined by certain men in the council of Nicaea to be the complete truth...

No book or religion or body of knowledge has absolute monopoly of the truth...and the complete truth cannot be written in any single book..

But that is not to say the entire bible is full of errors, there is truth in it as well... pick them out and move on with life...

so how do you determine the truth in jehosephat story?

what does it say in the original ahmaric translation?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2018
emmayayodeji:

To bad you can't see the B.S you just wrote...

You just twisted everything like every other pastor

Can you show me just one person who fell down in a field and his belly split open from the fall and his bowels spilled outside without something very heavy running over such a person?

Reading the Bible does not say you must not think alongside. Luke was a doctor so it is expected that he offer some detail when it comes to deaths and he did.

Nobody followed Judas to the field when he went to hang himself so he died alone and based on this surely you wouldn't assume that his body was discovered immediately did you? It must have stayed hanging for a good while and for decomposition to have begun before it was found. People who want to hang themselves normally do not do so openly here everyone can see them, they often hide and carry it out. So based on this his period of staying dead before discovery must have been long enough for decomposition to occur and of course decomposition Is a nasty thing as internal chemicals eat away the body until the skin becomes soft and the innards burst through and spill out.

Now tell me I just twisted this again as you obviously do not use your head at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I never said the bolded. You are the one stuck with nationality. That's why I have said it for the umpteenth time: I stand outside your dialectic of foreigners or nationality.

Neither the foreigner nor the Jew is to be believed or not believed. The facts, facts, facts are to be believed.

You must be a real religious person. I say this because your thinking depicts the way religious people think: black or white, good or evil, heaven or hell, Jew or foreigner. I stand outside your dialectical way of thinking.

Per the bolded...hasty conclusion is too bad here...

So because I support certain parts of a religious book automatically makes me religious...

Anyways, I've gone beyond religion, it does not tell the complete truth...

I've also researched a bit of Islam and Bhuddism and I find elements of truth in them which I support...

Since you think I am religious, kindly mention what religion I practice...

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:
Who is the morning star, Jesus or Satan?

I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."Revelation 22: 16

Isaiah 14:12
How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

Jesus is the BRIGHT morning star. Jesus said he is the ROOT (source) and the offspring of David. In other words he repeated what he said regarding Abraham when he said "Before Abraham, I am" here he said "Before David, I am"

Lucifer is the son of the dawn. He is the offspring of the Root who is Jesus. In order words he is the creation of the creator yet has a part of the true morning star in him.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha. People shey you guys are seeing what I'm dealing with.
Yes I will believe without further research cos the story is coming from an ancestor who knows about that history more than any other person.

If you believe without any shred of proof to corroborate...how does it make you different from a theist who believes in the existence of God?

My bad if I'm not dealing with an atheist though?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by ReinaFarine: 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

Ohhhhhh thank you, thank you a million times cos I found his line of thinking insufferably ludicrous. Please continue with him. I have handed the baton to you. I don tire.

Abeg oh.. I can't handle baton. I believe in facts is all. Okcornel should read on the presenter and watch the video and if the researcher can back up all his points with facts better than the Jews, then he or she can be said to be right. But if the story has inconsistency either as a result of incorrect translation and language/cultural barrier on the part of the researcher, then the whole theory can be discarded.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I will believe the Jew. tongue tongue

Personally, I won't look down on you for believing the foreigner as well...because he also has convincing evidence...

It's your choice (belief)...

One thing is sure though, if anyone is open minded...the passage of time will lead you further into the truth...as the truth never contradicts itself
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:29pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

Per the bolded...hasty conclusion is too bad here...

So because I support certain parts of a religious book automatically makes me religious...

Anyways, I've gone beyond religion, it does not tell the complete truth...

I've also researched a bit of Islam and Bhuddism and I find elements of truth in them which I support...

Since you think I am religious, kindly mention what religion I practice...

I admit. Hasty generalisation. I should have said 'I presume you are...'
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Abeg oh.. I can't handle baton. I believe in facts is all. Okcornel should read on the presenter and watch the video and if the researcher can back up all his points with facts better than the Jews, then he or she can be said to be right. But if the story has inconsistency either as a result of incorrect translation and language/cultural barrier on the part of the researcher, then the whole theory can be discarded.

No worries...I'll go through the video and revert over the weekend hopefully...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2018
LordVoldermort:
How do you explain these

"Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Matthew:19:19

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
Luke:14:26

lol. Jesus simply talked about the test of true discipleship. U didn't quote that matt 19 in contest. Here is wat transpired

He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Matthew 19:18‭-‬21 KJV

A young man wanted to know what he needed to do more to be qualified for the kingdom of God then Jesus asked him if he had been faithful to the laws of Moses, he then quoted some important laws and the man has been faithful in them. Then Jesus gave him the ultimate test of true discipleship. He should not be attached to anything in this world. He failed. His trust was in his riches. A true disciple, must get to the level that Abraham got to that even if God demanded for Ur Isaac, you are ready to give immediately.

The second part talking about hating parents was also taken our of contest by you. Jesus simply meant you should be ready to love him more than your parents. Peter had a wife, Jesus healed her when she was sick.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2018
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

Personally, I won't look down on you for believing the foreigner as well...because he also has convincing evidence...

It's your choice (belief)...

One thing is sure though, if anyone is open minded...the passage of time will lead you further into the truth...as the truth never contradicts itself
I like your last paragraph. Open mindedness. Religion is antithetical to an open mind.
Healing in Christianity- work of God
Healing in other religions- fake,, the work of Satan.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2018
Humanistme:

so how do you determine the truth in jehosephat story?

what does it say in the original ahmaric translation?

My bad, it was King Hezekiah...not Jehoshaphat...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:37pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mujtahida:

I like your last paragraph. Open mindedness. Religion is antithetical to an open mind.
Healing in Christianity- work of God
Healing in other religions- fake,, the work of Satan.

That's the problem of religious people who are narrow minded...

God has no religion...neither do I need a religion to communicate with Him...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Y + E + S YES

https://www.discoveryworld.us/biblical-discoveries/discovered-red-sea-chariot-wheels/

We have a tie...for now

Next phase is to investigate the persuasiveness of these evidences provided...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
Humanistme:

what are you rambling about? if God's dealing is progressive then God has never been perfect. he is full of mistakes that's why he changes his word, his mind and his rules to make it better therefore calling him ominipotent is a contradiction because he makes mistakes.
God never makes mistakes. Infact he is the God of justice. If u were in his shoes u would kill a person u know will hurt u in the future even before he does. Dat is not justice. Every man is judged according to what he has done not according to wat he would do that he is not yet guilty of.

The knowledge of man has also been progressive. Understanding of God has also been progressive
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
ReinaFarine:

It's all about weighing the evidence. Nothing less. Not nationality.
That a thing is written in a 'Holy book' does not make it the truth as such. It's claims must be thoroughly interrogated.
But beliefs do not necessarily have to do with truth or lies per se. Beliefs are concerned with simply believing. That's all
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by PastorAIO: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2018
Since this thread is about Self Contradictions....

MuttleyLaff:
I completely concur with the emboldened above
He didn't need to have the knowledge of Good and Evil except he wanted to be god.
The irony is, this they became though after eating

OkCornel:

Exactly...

After they ate of the fruit, their eyes open and they became like God...knowing and defining what good and evil is...

Even this was confirmed in the subsequent chapter where it was written "man is now like us"
MuttleyLaff:

A classic one is purporting that the bible says acquiring a Sense of Morality will turn us into a God.
and trying to back it up with quoting Genesis 3:5 and particularly Genesis 3:22

Genesis 3:22 begs the question, did they at all, like the serpent pretended, become God?
Not a chance of ice in hell,
hence the pftt sarcasm in Genesis 3:22
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
salvation101:
lol. Jesus simply talked about the test of true discipleship. U didn't quote that matt 19 in contest. Here is wat transpired

He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Matthew 19:18‭-‬21 KJV

A young man wanted to know what he needed to do more to be qualified for the kingdom of God then Jesus asked him if he had been faithful to the laws of Moses, he then quoted some important laws and the man has been faithful in them. Then Jesus gave him the ultimate test of true discipleship. He should not be attached to anything in this world. He failed. His trust was in his riches. A true disciple, must get to the level that Abraham got to that even if God demanded for Ur Isaac, you are ready to give immediately.

The second part talking about hating parents was also taken our of contest by you. Jesus simply meant you should be ready to love him more than your parents. Peter had a wife, Jesus healed her when she was sick.
Christians!!! Christians!! Christians!!! I won't argue with you your Bible will argue with you

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."
Matthew:10:34
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
PastorAIO:

Since this thread is about Self Contradictions....

Have I contradicted myself on this thread?

Please get your facts straight and deal with our conversation on a 1 on 1 basis...

Unless you are thinking both monikers belong to one and the same person...
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by adepeter2027(m): 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

And I've asked you, if both the foreigner and Jew presents convincing but yet conflicting evidence...which one will you settle for?

This is we're common sense should come in.
For the fact that one is a Christian doesn't infer that person knowing the bible well. There are Muslim scholars who will beat Christians pant down.

What is important here and key note is EXPOSURE, INTELLIGENCE and not LABEL.

1. Wright and Oliver 1st invented plane. But today, there are people who beat these first inventors pant down.
2. I live in sokoto, I know USMANU BIN FODIO history far better than some northerners.
3. There are igbos and malams that know oodua history far better than me.

So what's your point?
There are times where one should judge a book by its contents and not by its cover.

How do you know which one is right or wrong?

I don't want to believe the Jews are dullards...neither is the foreigner more insightful than them..
Choi.

You think in one direction without considering other perspectives. This is the reason why some/most atheists are far better than some/most religious fellas
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Mujtahida: 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

That's the problem of religious people who are narrow minded...

God has no religion...neither do I need a religion to communicate with Him...

We are in the same category. I need no Jesus, Muhammed, Quran, Bible, Intercessor, Priest, Pastor, Imam, Bishop, Alfa to get in touch with God. I am here now. Freely available to God. He can and should reach me by Himself. Until then nobody will rule over my soul in the name of God through a book or person even if that person is the son of God.

Thieves of souls-- that's what I call religions. Worst bandits the world has ever known
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by adepeter2027(m): 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

What's the fake link I dropped?
Please let us know...
The Jesus whatsoever blood DNA link.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
LordVoldermort:
Christians!!! Christians!! Christians!!! I won't argue with you your Bible will argue with you

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."
Matthew:10:34

Why do you cherry pick. Why not post the entire scripture. Being obtuse shouldn't be genetic for you should it?

That chapter, Jesus was talking about what those who believe in him should expect. Accepting him would cause a lot of problems for those who do believe as their parents, sisters, brothers etc would hate them, persecute them, etc. The sword there meant dissection or separation as family or friends who reject Jesus would not want to have anything to do with those who accepted him and we see that a lot in the world today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by PastorAIO: 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2018
OkCornel:

Have I contradicted myself on this thread?

Please get your facts straight and deal with our conversation on a 1 on 1 basis...

Unless you are thinking both monikers belong to one and the same person...

Nope, You have not contradicted yourself but someone else has. The question in my mind though is, why has the person resorted to contradicting a previous belief? I can think of two possible answers.

1. He is being hypocritical in his interactions with you.

2. He has actually changed his mind about what he thought.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. / Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.