Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

"Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says (25849 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Being Married To Your Partner? / 53-Year-Old Lady Who Got Married In 2014 Welcomes A Bouncing Baby Boy (Photos) / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by princefunmmy(m): 10:00am On Mar 03, 2018
Sterope:
Routine doesn't demand less. For house chores, It doesn't get easier unless it is something you enjoy.

All these men talk are merely what you think should be. It is not what it is in real time. Men will still be stuck doing the same old boring jobs like their wives. Nothing is going to change. Both parents will continue to adjust their income relatively to their expenditure. Your average home consist of parents who either holds a 8-5 job or runs a business.

Keeping a positive attitude towards your responsibilty and looking away from the sacrifice but consider the greater good, the love and peace it will fooster and build in your home should put a smile on your face and a feeling of satisfaction to you as a good and virtuous woman
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by princefunmmy(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2018
Safiaaa:
If you’re not doing your job as a husband to provide fully for me, yet expect me to cook clean and help you with the bills, I have the right to be separated ted from you. I have the right to find someone else who will make my life stress free. Same way if the woman is not doing her wifely duties, realistically what do m

Listen. All I’m saying is, if it’s 50/50, play your role significantly. I may still end up doing more house chores but play your role significantly.Help me to Cook,clean,take care of the kids and I will also help you out financially. If you want to take care of all the finances and my needs, then I will do the rest. There will always be minor exceptions but let the roles be finalised.
You seem like a feminist.
Like i tell me female friends that are feminist that ladies should earn the respect and not demand for it, i wish we could get to chat better
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Sterope(f): 10:10am On Mar 03, 2018
Good and virtuous woman? Bleh!. Cute little words that I don't care about grin

You can't have a positive attitude when your spouse is determined to be inconsiderate. Check out this post
https://www.nairaland.com/4375117/daily-routine-lagos-father

princefunmmy:

Keeping a positive attitude towards your responsibilty and looking away from the sacrifice but consider the greater good, the love and peace it will fooster and build in your home should put a smile on your face and a feeling of satisfaction to you as a good and virtuous woman

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by princefunmmy(m): 10:27am On Mar 03, 2018
Sterope:
Good and virtuous woman? Bleh!. Cute little words that I don't care about grin

You can't have a positive attitude when your spouse is determined to be inconsiderate. Check out this post
https://www.nairaland.com/4375117/daily-routine-lagos-father

Notice his opening statement, marriage will be sweet when one party is not forming my duty is more important or stressful. Like i said, the help you need from a man as a lady should be earned, i guess the wife didn't call a round table discussion on how to share the house duties but the fact that the husband know she has a job and she must not resume late made him to assist the wife. But did you notice that the guy didn't talk about what happens after they're back from work? That means the wife does the needful! Don't try to neglect or belittle your role as a woman in the house but you can earn a helping hand from your man,
I believe you are a very good lady at heart and you're gonna be a good wife and a great mother
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2018
princefunmmy:

You seem like a feminist.
Like i tell me female friends that are feminist that ladies should earn the respect and not demand for it, i wish we could get to chat better
not a feminist
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Sterope(f): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2018
One party can form important when the other party is INCONSIDERATE.

Point of correction, Help is not earned in marriage. It is the reason it is marriage. He is helping his marriage when he works hand in hand with his wife. I referenced the article for you to appreciate how he helps his family. That is what a good spouse does. They make life easier for everyone.

I really don't know what you mean by belittling and neglecting and I am not interested in figuring it out. I am not a helping hand so far I have as much stake in the marriage as my man.

Of course, I am a good person smiley

princefunmmy:

Notice his opening statement, marriage will be sweet when one party is not forming my duty is more important or stressful. Like i said, the help you need from a man as a lady should be earned, i guess the wife didn't call a round table discussion on how to share the house duties but the fact that the husband know she has a job and she must not resume late made him to assist the wife. But did you notice that the guy didn't talk about what happens after they're back from work? That means the wife does the needful! Don't try to neglect or belittle your role as a woman in the house but you can earn a helping hand from your man,
I believe you are a very good lady at heart and you're gonna be a good wife and a great mother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by erico2k2(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
check am na
you no get wahala
no kwanta at all, if U look at all these ITK, nah dem nor dey get Husband to marry b4 U know 41 years don nack, then dem go claim marriage is not for everyone, and wen 45 nack nah church sure pass, but @ 50, nah to dey do charity wrk, it works for oyibo not for us. grin grin
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
erico2k2:

no kwanta at all, if U look at all these ITK, nah dem nor dey get Husband to marry b4 U know 41 years don nack, then dem go claim marriage is not for everyone, and wen 45 nack nah church sure pass, but @ 50, nah to dey do charity wrk, it works for oyibo not for us. grin grin
wetin concine me
no be baba alaafin born twins at 80
make dem de fool dia sef
de compia diasef with man
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by cococandy(f): 4:03am On Mar 04, 2018
Dummy
PietraK:
God did not create women to be providers or bread winners.

Women were made to support men by cooking their foods and taking care of the home.

The man is responsible for feeding his wife and children and as well provide shelter. His wife in turn rewards him with her duty in keeping the home homely and sex.

If women can identify themselves and appreciate their strength, they will have it easier.

Women get mad when men objectify them as sex beings. They are supposed to embrace their uniqueness and follow nature's plan but they want to be the same with men.

They want to work and be independent. Who will breast feed your infants and cook for your children when you are out doing the man's work of providing for the family.

In fact, I will outlaw female employment in Nigeria if I get to rule the country. Men would work, be forced to be responsible and provide for their family. Enact a law that ensures 70% of men's salaries go to home management which the wife will oversee.

I will make a law that will ensure men get married before being employed to avoid men avoiding marriages and leaving women stranded.

This will make the world a better place.

Women want to work, no wahala... If you can combine the work with your responsibilities at home no wahala.
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
PietraK:
God did not create women to be providers or bread winners.

Women were made to support men by cooking their foods and taking care of the home.

The man is responsible for feeding his wife and children and as well provide shelter. His wife in turn rewards him with her duty in keeping the home homely and sex.

If women can identify themselves and appreciate their strength, they will have it easier.

Women get mad when men objectify them as sex beings. They are supposed to embrace their uniqueness and follow nature's plan but they want to be the same with men.

They want to work and be independent. Who will breast feed your infants and cook for your children when you are out doing the man's work of providing for the family.

In fact, I will outlaw female employment in Nigeria if I get to rule the country. Men would work, be forced to be responsible and provide for their family. Enact a law that ensures 70% of men's salaries go to home management which the wife will oversee.

I will make a law that will ensure men get married before being employed to avoid men avoiding marriages and leaving women stranded.

This will make the world a better place.

Women want to work, no wahala... If you can combine the work with your responsibilities at home no wahala.

What happens when the hubby dies ?
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by cococandy(f): 1:06am On Mar 05, 2018
pcguru1:

What happens when the hubby dies ?
Another man will pick her up as his 2nd or 10th wife. You know. To help the poor widow who never learned to provide for herself. Doesn’t sound bad at all. Remember that’s a reason some dummies give for supporting polygamy. I don’t see why it can’t work here.
And while we are at it, all the single ladies who can’t get a job because of his ingenious plan to outlaw female employment will just have to eat grass and wait until a man has mercy on them and decides to add them to his harem of wives. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by PDPGuy: 2:05am On Mar 05, 2018
cococandy:

Another man will pick her up as his 2nd or 10th wife. You know. To help the poor widow who never learned to provide for herself. Doesn’t sound bad at all. Remember that’s a reason some dummies give for supporting polygamy. I don’t see why I can’t work here.
And while we are at it, all the single ladies who can’t get a job because of his ingenious plan to outlaw female employment will just have to eat grass and wait until a man has mercy on them and decides to add them to his harem of wives. grin
You are mouthed grin grin

Working class women are harming their precious bodies, which should be kept smooth for their men grin
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by cococandy(f): 2:07am On Mar 05, 2018
PDPGuy:

You are mouthed grin grin

Working class women are harming their precious bodies, which should be kept smooth for their men grin
but where’s the lie? Lol
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by PDPGuy: 2:23am On Mar 05, 2018
cococandy:
but where’s the lie? Lol
No lies there

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2018
cococandy:

Another man will pick her up as his 2nd or 10th wife. You know. To help the poor widow who never learned to provide for herself. Doesn’t sound bad at all. Remember that’s a reason some dummies give for supporting polygamy. I don’t see why it can’t work here.

He is a simple minded person, and a weak one at that, in all my years on NL, that's the most useless statement i have ever heard, the reason i asked that question is because i don't think he really thought it through, I have lost a father leaving my mother to cater for us, while having my father's people take away all our properties, the only saving grace was my mother working to ensure everything was okay for us, it's why till now i don't joke with equal treatment for women because imagine what would have happened to my future if my mom was a total liability. That's the most unintelligent comment i have every heard in my life.

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2018
Chari4:
Very funny, women were created to take care of kids and manage home, then all women should be married and all should have kids. What are men created for? This egocentric narcissism is the reason there are many failed marriages because you fail to understand it a 50% effort from both parties. These ideology worked then cause men were full providers, their wives were pampered even given helps, how many men today can even boast of a good job to take of themselves? So when you start thinking of "outlawing" female employment better be ready to fully provide for the family but we all know that I never going to happen

Go back to my original post and read again. I made provision for every issue that can arise. Both men and women would be alright

Outlawing female employment will free enough jobs for men while there will be social security scheme (meal ticket) to help unmarried male and female
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
didyour grandma do the same number of ridges or did she roast yam for him(cooking)

Now it is about the same number? grin You are grasping at straws. Stop splitting hairs.

home training so it will not be strange like it is to you now so you rather do nothing while the man does every

Where did you read that I do nothing? Reading comprehension problems?

i see you cannot know yet the women catered for those brim
now just to raise 2 chudren de hard una then marry d work na
why deceive d poor man
tell him you will not housewife and let him choose
instead of pretending to get ring will you pay the bills 24/7
studies show that women given this choice still complain that the man is not working and they don,t want to pay bills and miss out on raising the chudren
you see nothing ever satisfies you women until everyting skata then your eyes will still not clear

Incoherent gibberish.

1 Like

Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
Mindfulness:

Now it is about the same number? grin You are grasping at straws. Stop splitting hairs.

i dont think you know what straws look like
you want to compare someone that accompanied another to farm who did all the work
you want to compare 10k work with 100k work

Where did you read that I do nothing? Reading comprehension problems?
what do you do
do you pay 50% of all bills gerege
or you just contribute a token
yet you want him to do 50% or more of housework
do you do yard work
do you wash car
who will defend against armed robber if e happen
compared to your guy(serious guy o)you do nothing

Incoherent gibberish.
aka you don't have an argument to counter so lemme throw insult and run away
don't cook and clean you hear mowu see weda you go see husband
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
i dont think you know what straws look like
you want to compare someone that accompanied another to farm who did all the work
you want to compare 10k work with 100k work what do you do
do you pay 50% of all bills gerege
or you just contribute a token
yet you want him to do 50% or more of housework
do you do yard work
do you wash car
who will defend against armed robber if e happen
compared to your guy(serious guy o)you do nothing
aka you don't have an argument to counter so lemme throw insult and run away
don't cook and clean you hear mowu see weda you go see husband

I pity you. undecided
Re: "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:49am On Mar 07, 2018
Mindfulness:

I pity you. undecided
good
keeep quiet since you hv nothing to say

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful / Three Men Fight Over Baby In Ibadan / I Caught My Wife Cheating: What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.