Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Treat Him Like A Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Treat Him Like A Friend (1125 Views)

A Guy Was Wooing Me Today And I Replied Him Like This / Ladies Your First Visit And You Saw Him Like This Will You Continue Or Quit? / Don't Marry A Broke Man, Dump Him Like A Leper - Nigerian Lady Advises Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treat Him Like A Friend by dinewithoyin(f): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
Think back to the beginning of your relationship when you first met your partner. You didn’t nag him. Chances are, you treated him much as you would a friend. You were relaxed; you had fun and laughed more. You felt comfortable speaking your mind. He wasn’t the “be all and end all” of your existence. When you started nagging, your behavior began to tel a different story. “I’m affected by every move you make.” For this reason and this reason alone, nagging rewards him. Not because he enjoys it, but because it reassures him you care.
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
In other words, you're saying we should nag on them?
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2018
Nagging shows you care?
What happened to constructive criticism
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2018
greiboy:
Nagging shows you care?

What happened to constructive criticism
You can even criticise some people constructively and not have them see it as such. grin
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
kimbraa:
You can even criticise some people constructively and have them see it as such. grin
Yes

Maybe people that are too emotional or proud cheesy

As for me, I love to be criticized

In fact, I feel strange if no one criticize me for a long time
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
greiboy:
Yes

Sorry, modified. What I meant to type was "you could criticise someone constructively and not have the person see it as such. You just have to pray it doesn't turn into a serious fight 'cause perception varies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by PastorLucifer: 10:04pm On Mar 03, 2018
dinewithoyin:
Think back to the beginning of your relationship when you first met your partner. You didn’t nag him. Chances are, you treated him much as you would a friend. You were relaxed; you had fun and laughed more. You felt comfortable speaking your mind. He wasn’t the “be all and end all” of your existence. When you started nagging, your behavior began to tel a different story. “I’m affected by every move you make.” For this reason and this reason alone, nagging rewards him. Not because he enjoys it, but because it reassures him you care.

Don't take alcohol while you are pregnant, una nor go hear now see the gibberish you are typing.

1 Like

Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 03, 2018
kimbraa:
Sorry, modified. What I meant to type was "you could criticise someone constructively and not have the person see it as such. You just have to pray it doesn't turn into a serious fight 'cause perception varies.
OK

Absolutely! you are right, perhaps through humor or sarcasm.

Sure perception varies, that is why I always try to be familiar with the person I am criticizing, before someone burst my head

Unless it is on the internet, then I can say whatever I like grin
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Mandrake007(m): 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2018
what I can deduce is that you're trying justify the fact that you're a crazy,bi-polar temperamental and a confused lass BTW this post is bland .
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
greiboy:
OK

Sure perception varies, that is why I always try to be familiar with the person I am criticizing, before someone burst my head

Exactly!. I've an eighteen years old friend I corrected twice; one was for eating with her roomates she barely know their health history with the same spoon while another was for blowing air with her mouth into a nylon she wanted to rap moi-moi in, and you needed to see the facial expression and reaction afterwards. grin On a normal day since I've understood how she reacts to corrections, I wouldn't think of criticising her whether constructively or not 'cause the end result would be an insult meted on me.
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
kimbraa:
Exactly!. I've an eighteen years old friend I corrected twice; one was for eating with her roomates she barely know their health history with the same spoon while another was for blowing air with her mouth into a nylon she wanted to rap moi-moi in, and you needed to see the facial expression and reaction afterwards. grin On a normal day since I've understood how she reacts to corrections, I wouldn't think of criticising her whether constructively or not 'cause the end result would be an insult meted on me.

Maybe humor or sarcasm might have been appropriate in that scenario, but then again, humor can only work when the other party gets the joke.

So what other method will you use to deal with such a situation in the future?
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2018
greiboy:

Maybe humor or sarcasm might have been appropriate in that scenario, but then again, humor can only work when the other party gets the joke.

So what other method will you use to deal with such a situation in the future?

Humans are complicated. The ones you failed to correct will be like "you saw me doing this and you didn't say" while the ones you did correct may end up insulting you for correcting them or employing all sorts of defence mechanism. Anyway, we all have our sober moments we reflect on events and draw corrections from them. Like you said, knowing whom you're dealing with is paramount before attempting to criticise.
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
kimbraa:
Humans are complicated. The ones you failed to correct will be like "you saw me doing this and you didn't say" while the ones you did correct may end up insulting you for correcting them or employing all sorts of defence mechanism. Anyway, we all have our sober moments we reflect on events and draw corrections from them. Like you said, knowing whom you're dealing with is paramount before attempting to criticise.
So in summary, they will still blame you whether you correct them or not.

If that is the case, I will rather choose to correct them and live with the consequences of their defense mechanism. it is of no importance if the outcome is similar.
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2018
greiboy:
So in summary, they will still blame you whether you correct them or not.

If that is the case, I will rather choose to correct them and live with the consequences of their defense mechanism. it is of no importance if the outcome is similar.

Yeah, there are situations you can't help but correct them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by dinewithoyin(f): 12:51am On Mar 04, 2018
dinewithoyin:

criticism is futile because it put a person on the defensive and usually makes such person strive to justify himself. it is dangerous because it wounds a person's precious pride, hurt his sense of importance and arouses resentment.
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by dinewithoyin(f): 12:58am On Mar 04, 2018
greiboy:
OK

You are absolutely right
when dealing with people let's us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic we are dealing with creatures of emotions, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. let's try to figure out why they do what they do that's lot more profitable and intriguing than criticism and it's breeds sympathy, tolerance and kindness
Re: Treat Him Like A Friend by dinewithoyin(f): 1:15am On Mar 04, 2018
greiboy:
Yes

hmm....that good
some people may not like to be criticized, i think communicating in love,tolerating each other won't look offensive
let's correct in love.....

(1) (Reply)

“I Am Proud Of My Saggy Boobs – Nigerian UK Based Blogger / I MAY HAVE A SECRET LOVE AFFAIR WITH MY COLLEAGUE AT WORK!LADY CRIES OUT / School Female Teacher Caught While Having Sexual Intercourse In The School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.