Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,976 members, 7,866,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:28 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (296531 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by mostob(m): 6:24pm On May 04, 2020
Hello here, I have been a follower for some time now. There are some things not clear to me about wrestling but for now, lemme just ask ... where is Ronda Roussey? it's been long o.
BTW, oga pu7pl3 , I am enjoying your analysis.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:40am On May 05, 2020
mostob:
Hello here, I have been a follower for some time now. There are some things not clear to me about wrestling but for now, lemme just ask ... where is Ronda Roussey? it's been long o.
BTW, oga pu7pl3 , I am enjoying your analysis.

Thanks bruh and welcome...

Ronda is taking a break, she may or may not come back but all things indicate to her coming back
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:49am On May 05, 2020
Raw recap review and reactions:-

Seth Rollins made a mistake, and if he doesn’t catch himself, it could cost him everything he’s tried to prove to the world this past month.
Seth put Drew over as a fighter and an honorable man, but said that it’s not Drew’s destiny to be a champion for the future, it’s his. He said the WWE championship means too much to Drew, but he is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Seth isn’t trying to take anything away from Drew, he’s trying to represent a generation and an industry. Drew isn’t ready to take on the trials and tribulations of a champion, he’s trying to unburden him. He wants to save Drew.
To get us ready for the match between Drew and Murphy, Charly Caruso asked Murphy why he follows Seth. Murphy said that Seth took him under his wing when they both needed it most. He hopes to be on the same level as Seth, and maybe one day even better than him. Later, Charly approached Drew and he called Murphy a confused young man. He fell into the charm of Seth Rollins and doesn’t want to deny Seth or Murphy the opportunity to do some sacrificing.
Seth accompanied Murphy to the ring, and watched from the stage. Drew dominated Murphy while Seth looked on, not coming to his disciple’s aid as Drew laid him out by commentary. Murphy took control, and then counted down for his own Claymore kick.
He ended up counting down for Drew! Drew took advantage and Claymored Murphy for the win.
After the match, Drew begged for Seth to get in the ring and fight him. Hesitantly, he creeped up the ring steps, but got off and walked up the ramp. Drew grabbed the WWE title and turned to the camera after Seth walked up the stage, and Seth surprised us all and attacked Drew. He reiterated that this is bigger than the both of them, and suddenly the title caught his eyes. It stopped him in his tracks and he grabbed it from the mat, gazing into it. He didn’t take his eyes off it fast enough, because Drew headbutt him and just missed a Claymore as Seth ducked out and ran. Silly Seth. If he were a good man, he’d know that a Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
The nuance in the close of this show was masterful. All this time, Seth has taken it upon himself to be the Messiah for the WWE. He will sacrifice himself for the greater good and he will help lead the way. For Drew, he saw that in his eyes, Drew wasn’t the right leader for Raw, because no one should have to take the burden of being champion. Seth will sacrifice himself to be champion. But then, something happened.
Seth, in what seemed to be a moment of weakness, put it all to the side when the championship was back in his hands. He gazed at it, seemingly remembering what it was like to be the top guy. It looked like that Messiah facade faded away for a moment, and Seth paid for it. Really well done.

Bobby Lashley, without Lana, and Titus O’Neil started off the gauntlet. O’Neil was put away quickly, which was unfortunately expected. Akita Tozawa was next and picked up the pace with two moves, and then got speared and he was gone.
Out came Shelton Benjamin who gave Lashley his first real fight. Really cool spot where Lashley went for a spear and Benjamin jumped out of the way, but he too fell to a spear. Humberto Carrillo was next and my goodness Lashley LAUNCHED Carrillo across the ring and beat him down and then suddenly Lashley decided to put his hands on the ref as he was kicking Carrillo in the corner. The ref disqualified him.
A dominant performance by Lashley, to then get disqualified for shoving the ref lightly. May as well have had Lana out there instead. That was ridiculous. Also, a heel getting DQ’ed after facing a bunch of faces, and then a heel comes out when they’re out? C’mon, WWE.
Angel Garza came out to face Carrillo as Lashley beat Carrillo down upset for getting DQ’ed. Man, seeing these two together is so much fun. Carrillo fought through his beat down and countered out of a very painful looking submission. Garza hit a great moonsault but it wasn’t enough and Carrillo pinned him!
So the heel got beat, you know what that means! Austin Theory was next, and he almost took Carrillo’s head off with an elbow but Carrillo kept fighting. After a superplex by Theory, Carrillo countered with a small package and eliminated him. AJ STYLES was next! The match between them was good, but I was surprised to see it go as long as it did. Am won with a calf crusher and it’s revealed that he was the final entrant.
After the match, AJ said he’s not a zombie or a ghost. The boneyard match was Undertaker’s way of stealing the spotlight. So what if he got buried? He didn’t lose anything because a boneyard match has no rules. He’ll throw anyone off the roof of WWE Headquarters to win because no one has been what he’s been through.
I did not expect AJ to return in this match, as I had pegged Jinder Mahal to be the final entrant and win. While I’m pleasantly surprised, I’m confused by a few of the decisions here. Bobby getting DQ’ed that way was ridiculous, killing off two out of three of Zelina’s associates without one win under their belt in weeks pretty much seals the deal that they’re not as high up on the push list anymore, and AJ not getting rid of Humberto quick squandered a really dominant feel to AJ’s return.
Maybe we’re supposed to think AJ was not 100% since he was buried last month? I don’t really get that line of thinking but I am just super happy Jinder was nowhere near this. AJ is a clear favorite to snatch that briefcase.

Come at the Queen - Charlotte talked about pulling double duty on Raw and NXT. Io’s her next opponent and said she’s happy that Io’s dream of facing Charlotte Flair will come true. Surprise Liv Morgan appearance! Liv asked Charlotte if she remembers her, and that not all of us are born with silver spoons shoved up our… mouths. If she has to knock down a couple backstabbers or a self-entitled queen, well, blessed be
During the match, Charlotte and Liv battled for control. This was by no means a burial. I know that so many, particularly when it comes to Charlotte as of late, say that people are being fed to her and getting buried. This was a very good match, which yes, would have been better if it didn’t lead to a loss for Liv. It showcased her talking abilities and her psychology in the ring.
Need to praise the continuity too! The last time Charlotte and Liv were together, it was on Smackdown, and it was the reason for Liv leaving for months. She said when she came back, she would be real, and tonight she proved it.

MVP’s VIP Lounge - MVP asked the women if their set of skills are enough to win Money in the Bank, starting with Nia, who touted her wins since returning. Asuka. said words. Shayna said that she talks with action. Asuka and Shayna attack Nia and send her out of the ring, and then the segment ends.
Uh, yeah this was something that didn’t get me interested in this match for the women on Raw. A very unpretentious segment that could have been better.

Viking Raiders def. Street Profits - Viking Raiders dominated the whole first half against Tez and after nearly squashing him, he managed to kick out. Really thought it was over there. Tez went so high on a drop kick that he landed in pin position. Ivar is one of the most agile big dudes I’ve seen in wrestling. Multiple times in this match you thought one team was winning and I really enjoyed this. Having said that, once again we fall into another WWE trope of non-title match before the team that wins becomes contenders and the next match is a title match. This needs to stop.
The promo before the match from Street Profits, not great.

Brendan Vink and Shane Throne def. Ricochet and Cedric Alexander - Thorne and Vink worked over Cedric at first, then Ricochet and Cedric double team Thorne. Drop kicks, DDT’s super kicks, galore. No wasted motion from RicoRic. Super high flying and loads of fun to watch. This is most likely going to be a 50/50 booking situation which doesn’t excite me, since RicoRic were climbing up the ranks in the tag division on a winning streak. This was upsetting, but I’m glad it wasn’t a short squash. But I don't understand this booking angry

Money in the Bank promos - Aleister Black and Rey Mysterio cut promos hyping the pay-per-view. Rey’s literally sounded like a script to sell Money in the Bank to someone who’s never seen or heard of Money in the Bank before. Absolutely detest promos like that.

Aleister’s however, much much better. He called out AJ Styles and asked him how it felt to be buried six feet and being swallowed by darkness. If AJ manages to throw him off the top of WWE headquarters, he better pray he doesn’t get back up. When he climbs back up and gets the briefcase, he’ll wish he was buried deeper. This was a great promo and had a wonderful ambiance to it. Much better than the “knock on my door” promos he was doing on SmackDown. I’m excited for Sunday!

Aside from the most unique Money in the Bank match, I am so ready for Drew vs. Seth. Both men have killed it in the build up and if not for the uniqueness of Money in the Bank this year, deserved to be the main event of the pay-per-view. It will be intriguing to see if the Disciple gets involved, or Seth takes his eyes off the mission once again and sacrifices his own self idolatry for selfishness.
Overall, the show had a nice blend of promos and wrestling, most of it good! I don’t like the 50/50 booking and people with win streaks taking losses to further someone else’s story. Cedric and Ricochet losing was the most upsetting to me. Vink and Thorne lost and just because they become MVP’s new associates, they win? Not a good play in my book. There was nothing different between the first time they faced each other and now. They were just booked stronger. No need to end RicoRic’s winning streak for this.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:32pm On May 05, 2020
pu7pl3:
Raw recap review and reactions:-

Seth Rollins made a mistake, and if he doesn’t catch himself, it could cost him everything he’s tried to prove to the world this past month.
Seth put Drew over as a fighter and an honorable man, but said that it’s not Drew’s destiny to be a champion for the future, it’s his. He said the WWE championship means too much to Drew, but he is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Seth isn’t trying to take anything away from Drew, he’s trying to represent a generation and an industry. Drew isn’t ready to take on the trials and tribulations of a champion, he’s trying to unburden him. He wants to save Drew.
To get us ready for the match between Drew and Murphy, Charly Caruso asked Murphy why he follows Seth. Murphy said that Seth took him under his wing when they both needed it most. He hopes to be on the same level as Seth, and maybe one day even better than him. Later, Charly approached Drew and he called Murphy a confused young man. He fell into the charm of Seth Rollins and doesn’t want to deny Seth or Murphy the opportunity to do some sacrificing.
Seth accompanied Murphy to the ring, and watched from the stage. Drew dominated Murphy while Seth looked on, not coming to his disciple’s aid as Drew laid him out by commentary. Murphy took control, and then counted down for his own Claymore kick.
He ended up counting down for Drew! Drew took advantage and Claymored Murphy for the win.
After the match, Drew begged for Seth to get in the ring and fight him. Hesitantly, he creeped up the ring steps, but got off and walked up the ramp. Drew grabbed the WWE title and turned to the camera after Seth walked up the stage, and Seth surprised us all and attacked Drew. He reiterated that this is bigger than the both of them, and suddenly the title caught his eyes. It stopped him in his tracks and he grabbed it from the mat, gazing into it. He didn’t take his eyes off it fast enough, because Drew headbutt him and just missed a Claymore as Seth ducked out and ran. Silly Seth. If he were a good man, he’d know that a Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
The nuance in the close of this show was masterful. All this time, Seth has taken it upon himself to be the Messiah for the WWE. He will sacrifice himself for the greater good and he will help lead the way. For Drew, he saw that in his eyes, Drew wasn’t the right leader for Raw, because no one should have to take the burden of being champion. Seth will sacrifice himself to be champion. But then, something happened.
Seth, in what seemed to be a moment of weakness, put it all to the side when the championship was back in his hands. He gazed at it, seemingly remembering what it was like to be the top guy. It looked like that Messiah facade faded away for a moment, and Seth paid for it. Really well done.

Bobby Lashley, without Lana, and Titus O’Neil started off the gauntlet. O’Neil was put away quickly, which was unfortunately expected. Akita Tozawa was next and picked up the pace with two moves, and then got speared and he was gone.
Out came Shelton Benjamin who gave Lashley his first real fight. Really cool spot where Lashley went for a spear and Benjamin jumped out of the way, but he too fell to a spear. Humberto Carrillo was next and my goodness Lashley LAUNCHED Carrillo across the ring and beat him down and then suddenly Lashley decided to put his hands on the ref as he was kicking Carrillo in the corner. The ref disqualified him.
A dominant performance by Lashley, to then get disqualified for shoving the ref lightly. May as well have had Lana out there instead. That was ridiculous. Also, a heel getting DQ’ed after facing a bunch of faces, and then a heel comes out when they’re out? C’mon, WWE.
Angel Garza came out to face Carrillo as Lashley beat Carrillo down upset for getting DQ’ed. Man, seeing these two together is so much fun. Carrillo fought through his beat down and countered out of a very painful looking submission. Garza hit a great moonsault but it wasn’t enough and Carrillo pinned him!
So the heel got beat, you know what that means! Austin Theory was next, and he almost took Carrillo’s head off with an elbow but Carrillo kept fighting. After a superplex by Theory, Carrillo countered with a small package and eliminated him. AJ STYLES was next! The match between them was good, but I was surprised to see it go as long as it did. Am won with a calf crusher and it’s revealed that he was the final entrant.
After the match, AJ said he’s not a zombie or a ghost. The boneyard match was Undertaker’s way of stealing the spotlight. So what if he got buried? He didn’t lose anything because a boneyard match has no rules. He’ll throw anyone off the roof of WWE Headquarters to win because no one has been what he’s been through.
I did not expect AJ to return in this match, as I had pegged Jinder Mahal to be the final entrant and win. While I’m pleasantly surprised, I’m confused by a few of the decisions here. Bobby getting DQ’ed that way was ridiculous, killing off two out of three of Zelina’s associates without one win under their belt in weeks pretty much seals the deal that they’re not as high up on the push list anymore, and AJ not getting rid of Humberto quick squandered a really dominant feel to AJ’s return.
Maybe we’re supposed to think AJ was not 100% since he was buried last month? I don’t really get that line of thinking but I am just super happy Jinder was nowhere near this. AJ is a clear favorite to snatch that briefcase.

Come at the Queen - Charlotte talked about pulling double duty on Raw and NXT. Io’s her next opponent and said she’s happy that Io’s dream of facing Charlotte Flair will come true. Surprise Liv Morgan appearance! Liv asked Charlotte if she remembers her, and that not all of us are born with silver spoons shoved up our… mouths. If she has to knock down a couple backstabbers or a self-entitled queen, well, blessed be
During the match, Charlotte and Liv battled for control. This was by no means a burial. I know that so many, particularly when it comes to Charlotte as of late, say that people are being fed to her and getting buried. This was a very good match, which yes, would have been better if it didn’t lead to a loss for Liv. It showcased her talking abilities and her psychology in the ring.
Need to praise the continuity too! The last time Charlotte and Liv were together, it was on Smackdown, and it was the reason for Liv leaving for months. She said when she came back, she would be real, and tonight she proved it.

MVP’s VIP Lounge - MVP asked the women if their set of skills are enough to win Money in the Bank, starting with Nia, who touted her wins since returning. Asuka. said words. Shayna said that she talks with action. Asuka and Shayna attack Nia and send her out of the ring, and then the segment ends.
Uh, yeah this was something that didn’t get me interested in this match for the women on Raw. A very unpretentious segment that could have been better.

Viking Raiders def. Street Profits - Viking Raiders dominated the whole first half against Tez and after nearly squashing him, he managed to kick out. Really thought it was over there. Tez went so high on a drop kick that he landed in pin position. Ivar is one of the most agile big dudes I’ve seen in wrestling. Multiple times in this match you thought one team was winning and I really enjoyed this. Having said that, once again we fall into another WWE trope of non-title match before the team that wins becomes contenders and the next match is a title match. This needs to stop.
The promo before the match from Street Profits, not great.

Brendan Vink and Shane Throne def. Ricochet and Cedric Alexander - Thorne and Vink worked over Cedric at first, then Ricochet and Cedric double team Thorne. Drop kicks, DDT’s super kicks, galore. No wasted motion from RicoRic. Super high flying and loads of fun to watch. This is most likely going to be a 50/50 booking situation which doesn’t excite me, since RicoRic were climbing up the ranks in the tag division on a winning streak. This was upsetting, but I’m glad it wasn’t a short squash. But I don't understand this booking angry

Money in the Bank promos - Aleister Black and Rey Mysterio cut promos hyping the pay-per-view. Rey’s literally sounded like a script to sell Money in the Bank to someone who’s never seen or heard of Money in the Bank before. Absolutely detest promos like that.

Aleister’s however, much much better. He called out AJ Styles and asked him how it felt to be buried six feet and being swallowed by darkness. If AJ manages to throw him off the top of WWE headquarters, he better pray he doesn’t get back up. When he climbs back up and gets the briefcase, he’ll wish he was buried deeper. This was a great promo and had a wonderful ambiance to it. Much better than the “knock on my door” promos he was doing on SmackDown. I’m excited for Sunday!

Aside from the most unique Money in the Bank match, I am so ready for Drew vs. Seth. Both men have killed it in the build up and if not for the uniqueness of Money in the Bank this year, deserved to be the main event of the pay-per-view. It will be intriguing to see if the Disciple gets involved, or Seth takes his eyes off the mission once again and sacrifices his own self idolatry for selfishness.
Overall, the show had a nice blend of promos and wrestling, most of it good! I don’t like the 50/50 booking and people with win streaks taking losses to further someone else’s story. Cedric and Ricochet losing was the most upsetting to me. Vink and Thorne lost and just because they become MVP’s new associates, they win? Not a good play in my book. There was nothing different between the first time they faced each other and now. They were just booked stronger. No need to end RicoRic’s winning streak for this.

Me with my bad eye sight after looking at this ur writeup
[img]https://media1./images/4f13276dc8d07e57752c10bec30f12f5/tenor.gif?itemid=10219667[/img]

Keep it up...make me sef do my own
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by mostob(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Thanks bruh and welcome...

Ronda is taking a break, she may or may not come back but all things indicate to her coming back
OK chief.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2020
Why is Charlotte still coming to raw when she is nxt champion?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:20pm On May 05, 2020
Qu3sT:
Why is Charlotte still coming to raw when she is nxt champion?

Cos she is a hard working Raw superstar that loves to slave for her company
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:15pm On May 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Cos she is a hard working Raw superstar that loves to slave for her company
I no blame her, I blame know-know rhea... Just hoping that io can win on Wednesday.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DriggityDre: 8:03pm On May 05, 2020
Watching #StoneColdSessions with Hogan
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:41pm On May 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

I no blame her, I blame know-know rhea... Just hoping that io can win on Wednesday.

grin grin if Io Sharai wins il give Thanksgiving in my online service grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:46pm On May 05, 2020
DriggityDre:
Cool, will check it out later
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

grin grin if Io Sharai wins il give Thanksgiving in my online service grin
It's a must win for her as she's fighting not just for herself but for the nxt women's division.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:49pm On May 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

It's a must win for her as she's fighting not just for herself but for the nxt women's division.

She will try grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:50pm On May 05, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:05pm On May 05, 2020
Chei Titus O'Neil still de wrestle?

And he was squashed in quick time, Chei! lipsrsealed

Anytime Tozawa comes out shaking his big head unto gingering himself, just know that he is going to lose faster than you change your TV channel.

Vince abeg if na intercontinental championship kuku give Lashley abeg embarassed
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:13pm On May 05, 2020
DriggityDre:
I have only seen the undertaker, Kane and Goldberg
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DriggityDre: 11:26pm On May 05, 2020
100naira:
I have only seen the undertaker, Kane and Goldberg
Yah, there's Hogan as well. I've seen those 3 too. I am a fan of #StoneColdSessions.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 5:47am On May 06, 2020
100naira:

Anytime Tozawa comes out shaking his big head unto gingering himself, just know that he is going to lose faster than you change your TV channel.

Vince abeg if na intercontinental championship kuku give Lashley abeg embarassed
You no well grin grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:49am On May 06, 2020
grin grin grin grin
100naira:

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 3:15pm On May 06, 2020
grin
100naira:

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2020
The matches on this week's NXT was takeover level but it didn't feel so especially the NXT title match..Dexter Lumis is really creepy tho

Ciampa's absence continues to irk me angry but I can't deny Killer Kross and Scarlett Bourdeux had a really great debut...and that theme song/entrance was dope asf

Gargano beat Dominic using any means necessary, even came in with a new theme too..I'm liking this new Gargano

The queen retained against Io Sharai by getting herself disqualified which is good as it makes Io look strong....this is my brutality also returned, good to have Rhea back

Torzawa won again...get squashed on Raw, win on NXT grin e no make sense sha o

Chelsea Green is godamn pretty embarassed
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:09pm On May 07, 2020
And as expected, Charlotte retains

wink

Making their in-ring debut

Wonderful �
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2020
Happy birthday to the best wrestler on Raw right now

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:29am On May 09, 2020
Smackdown recap, reviews and reactions

So I was pleasantly surprised to see WWE included Otis in this match instead of everyone’s guess, Elias. And it was done organically too! Corbin mentioned him in an interview, and talked about him being fat and he’d never make it off the ground floor of WWE Headquarters.
There was a great assist by Nakamura to Cesaro when he tossed Gulak into Cesaro’s elbow without the ref seeing it. Then Gulak with a sick scoop slam to Cesaro. Y’all, Cesaro and Gulak can fight forever. Hands down the best part of this match. This was a spotlight match for Gulak. One good thing about Corbin was a surprise Deep Six win, instead of End of Days.
After, Nakamura, Cesaro, Bryan, and Gulak fought to backstage somewhere, and Corbin was alone so he decided to grab a ladder and climb up to the men’s Money in the Bank briefcase. Bryan attacked him and Corbin put him down. As he climbed up again, Otis attacked him and got the better of him. Because Corbin seems to speak everything into existence (see Gable, Shorty in the dictionary) Otis started to climb the ladder and the first two steps broke. Of course. Because he’s fat! HAHAHAHA. Corbin got him out of the ring and climbed up, successfully grabbed the briefcase and posed with it.

Come home, Braun
Braun started by saying yes, he debuted in the Wyatt family, but Bray is by no means responsible for his success. Bray entered to his lovely Firefly Fun House theme and said that only ever wanted Braun to apologize. He said that a good creator knows his own creations and Braun needs to come home. He can show Braun how to be special. He just needs to get the Universal title first.
Braun said Bray doesn’t know him and it will be over at Money in the Bank. Bray wants to show Braun what’s to come and tries to hand him the black sheep mask so he can come home. Abby, Mercy, Ramblin’ Rabbit, and Huskus tried to beckon Braun to come home, but Braun said that he is home, and Bray can go back to playing with his puppets.
“Bye! See you Sunday
Braun doing ‘Bye! See you later!,” to start and end up to the pay-per-view, was great. Sadly that’s the only positive I have of him for four weeks. Now Bray, he sold the feud. And tonight, he put a cherry on top as Braun walked out of the ring and up the ramp. The sinister way he said he was sorry and that he tried, looking at Braun with disappointment and then seething anger, *chef’s kiss*. It’s too bad this won’t get the cinematic treatment, but understandably we have to keep those to special feuds.
To tangent for a moment, I just had a thought. There’s a ready made story in the unused Bo Dallas trying to be “brought home” by Bray in the exact way that was done tonight. For some reason, WWE has refused to have Bray and Bo, real life brothers, in any of their WWE iterations together. For BOTH men’s entire WWE careers. Even when their father, Irwin R. Schyster, was a producer for years. Well, Curtis Axel is gone now. Let’s do it once we finish up with Braun!

Sonya Deville def. Mandy Rose - When a match with bitter ex-friends starts the way this started, I am immediately invested. “I feel bad at this point. This is embarrassing” said Sonya to Mandy. Legit cackled. Sonya tore off Mandy’s fake eyelashes! Mandy was the most angry I’ve ever seen her and it wasn’t enough! Sonya won with a schoolboy and Mandy (and everyone else except me) were shocked.
Firstly, I was shocked that this opened the show. Secondly, it was too short. Thirdly, I was very surprised to see that when the match was over, the whole angle was over for the whole show, except for a few moments Drew Gulak and Daniel Bryan approached Otis backstage. This feud has been consistently good, with everyone doing wonderfully last week. Why was this so quick this week? This could have been saved for the pay-per-view. As we saw later, they gave time to complete nonsense.

Time to put out Jeff Hardy’s flame - Jeff Hardy returned and said that he’s Swanton bombed off of the tall mountains in WWE and he’s a survivor. He misses the fans and can hear them chanting his name. The whole time Sheamus was backstage mocking Jeff’s words and walked out to the ring. The saddest thing he’s seen in WWE is an adrenaline junkie crawling back to beg for one more sip. The fans he’s been pandering to are tired of him, his suspensions, releases, and wasted second chances. Everybody knows that Jeff’s next failure is around the corner.
“Since I’ve come back I’ve been sniffing out SmackDown’s weakest flames. And yours, has been barely burning, for far too long. It’s time for me to put it out.”
Holy shit, Sheamus. It’s been a long time since you captivated me like this. What a promo. What then followed was a total ass whooping by Jeff, and deservedly so. I would’ve preferred that not to happen though, at least until whenever they fight in a match. He deserved it, but he didn’t need it yet.

Miz and Morrison and Forgotten Sons def. New Day and Lucha House Party -
The match itself was your pretty standard multi man match. Babyfaces took control and when we came back from break, babyfaces lost control. Kofi tried for a leg drop at one point but basically did a body drop onto Blake’s ribs. Blake did a suicide dive that nearly took his head off. Lance, Metalik, and Morrison were the most fun part of this match! Ok, so clearly because I asked what did Miz and Morrison do to deserve being in the match on Sunday, they had Miz be the one to win for the heels.

Tamina and Lacey Evans def. Bayley and Sasha Banks - I was hoping we would see Sasha/Bayley dissension tonight going into Money in the Bank, but alas, they seem to have dropped doing anything that teases a break up for the past two weeks. If you’re a faithful WWE viewer, you knew what was happening here. Challenger pins champion, announcer x states “If challenger does that this Sunday, then they’ll be the new champion!” Rinse, repeat
I hope for a Tamina upset on Sunday. Do it. Let it be because of miscommunication between Sasha and Bayley and let that finally take off. They don’t need a title to feud.

Payback is coming soon - Finally the hacker (which I think is Ali) returned! This time, he only showed us Bayley and Sasha, New Day, and Carmella and Dana Brooke. It’s clear that we’re supposed to be thinking it’s Sasha and Bayley. Could it be a swerve and it ends up being New Day? Perhaps. But most likely not. We already know Carmella and Dana Brooke are going to have a falling out, since that just started and they’re in Money in the Bank together. Let’s see where this goes.

Gonna be honest here, folks. SmackDown was mostly a LetDown for me. There were some good moments, like Sheamus’ promo, the short time Sonya and Mandy got, and brief spots between Gulak and Cesaro and LHP and Morrison, but other than that, I wasn’t really feeling it.
This show was mostly your typical people fighting against each other at the upcoming pay-per-view in multi person matches trope. I am not a fan, and that was what every match was after Sonya and Mandy, who should have had that match at Money in the Bank.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DriggityDre: 12:27am On May 10, 2020
Watching #StoneColdSessions with Glenn Jacobs.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2020
pu7pl3:
Smackdown recap, reviews and reactions

So I was pleasantly surprised to see WWE included Otis in this match instead of everyone’s guess, Elias. And it was done organically too! Corbin mentioned him in an interview, and talked about him being fat and he’d never make it off the ground floor of WWE Headquarters.
There was a great assist by Nakamura to Cesaro when he tossed Gulak into Cesaro’s elbow without the ref seeing it. Then Gulak with a sick scoop slam to Cesaro. Y’all, Cesaro and Gulak can fight forever. Hands down the best part of this match. This was a spotlight match for Gulak. One good thing about Corbin was a surprise Deep Six win, instead of End of Days.
After, Nakamura, Cesaro, Bryan, and Gulak fought to backstage somewhere, and Corbin was alone so he decided to grab a ladder and climb up to the men’s Money in the Bank briefcase. Bryan attacked him and Corbin put him down. As he climbed up again, Otis attacked him and got the better of him. Because Corbin seems to speak everything into existence (see Gable, Shorty in the dictionary) Otis started to climb the ladder and the first two steps broke. Of course. Because he’s fat! HAHAHAHA. Corbin got him out of the ring and climbed up, successfully grabbed the briefcase and posed with it.

Come home, Braun
Braun started by saying yes, he debuted in the Wyatt family, but Bray is by no means responsible for his success. Bray entered to his lovely Firefly Fun House theme and said that only ever wanted Braun to apologize. He said that a good creator knows his own creations and Braun needs to come home. He can show Braun how to be special. He just needs to get the Universal title first.
Braun said Bray doesn’t know him and it will be over at Money in the Bank. Bray wants to show Braun what’s to come and tries to hand him the black sheep mask so he can come home. Abby, Mercy, Ramblin’ Rabbit, and Huskus tried to beckon Braun to come home, but Braun said that he is home, and Bray can go back to playing with his puppets.
“Bye! See you Sunday
Braun doing ‘Bye! See you later!,” to start and end up to the pay-per-view, was great. Sadly that’s the only positive I have of him for four weeks. Now Bray, he sold the feud. And tonight, he put a cherry on top as Braun walked out of the ring and up the ramp. The sinister way he said he was sorry and that he tried, looking at Braun with disappointment and then seething anger, *chef’s kiss*. It’s too bad this won’t get the cinematic treatment, but understandably we have to keep those to special feuds.
To tangent for a moment, I just had a thought. There’s a ready made story in the unused Bo Dallas trying to be “brought home” by Bray in the exact way that was done tonight. For some reason, WWE has refused to have Bray and Bo, real life brothers, in any of their WWE iterations together. For BOTH men’s entire WWE careers. Even when their father, Irwin R. Schyster, was a producer for years. Well, Curtis Axel is gone now. Let’s do it once we finish up with Braun!

Sonya Deville def. Mandy Rose - When a match with bitter ex-friends starts the way this started, I am immediately invested. “I feel bad at this point. This is embarrassing” said Sonya to Mandy. Legit cackled. Sonya tore off Mandy’s fake eyelashes! Mandy was the most angry I’ve ever seen her and it wasn’t enough! Sonya won with a schoolboy and Mandy (and everyone else except me) were shocked.
Firstly, I was shocked that this opened the show. Secondly, it was too short. Thirdly, I was very surprised to see that when the match was over, the whole angle was over for the whole show, except for a few moments Drew Gulak and Daniel Bryan approached Otis backstage. This feud has been consistently good, with everyone doing wonderfully last week. Why was this so quick this week? This could have been saved for the pay-per-view. As we saw later, they gave time to complete nonsense.

Time to put out Jeff Hardy’s flame - Jeff Hardy returned and said that he’s Swanton bombed off of the tall mountains in WWE and he’s a survivor. He misses the fans and can hear them chanting his name. The whole time Sheamus was backstage mocking Jeff’s words and walked out to the ring. The saddest thing he’s seen in WWE is an adrenaline junkie crawling back to beg for one more sip. The fans he’s been pandering to are tired of him, his suspensions, releases, and wasted second chances. Everybody knows that Jeff’s next failure is around the corner.
“Since I’ve come back I’ve been sniffing out SmackDown’s weakest flames. And yours, has been barely burning, for far too long. It’s time for me to put it out.”
Holy shit, Sheamus. It’s been a long time since you captivated me like this. What a promo. What then followed was a total ass whooping by Jeff, and deservedly so. I would’ve preferred that not to happen though, at least until whenever they fight in a match. He deserved it, but he didn’t need it yet.

Miz and Morrison and Forgotten Sons def. New Day and Lucha House Party -
The match itself was your pretty standard multi man match. Babyfaces took control and when we came back from break, babyfaces lost control. Kofi tried for a leg drop at one point but basically did a body drop onto Blake’s ribs. Blake did a suicide dive that nearly took his head off. Lance, Metalik, and Morrison were the most fun part of this match! Ok, so clearly because I asked what did Miz and Morrison do to deserve being in the match on Sunday, they had Miz be the one to win for the heels.

Tamina and Lacey Evans def. Bayley and Sasha Banks - I was hoping we would see Sasha/Bayley dissension tonight going into Money in the Bank, but alas, they seem to have dropped doing anything that teases a break up for the past two weeks. If you’re a faithful WWE viewer, you knew what was happening here. Challenger pins champion, announcer x states “If challenger does that this Sunday, then they’ll be the new champion!” Rinse, repeat
I hope for a Tamina upset on Sunday. Do it. Let it be because of miscommunication between Sasha and Bayley and let that finally take off. They don’t need a title to feud.

Payback is coming soon - Finally the hacker (which I think is Ali) returned! This time, he only showed us Bayley and Sasha, New Day, and Carmella and Dana Brooke. It’s clear that we’re supposed to be thinking it’s Sasha and Bayley. Could it be a swerve and it ends up being New Day? Perhaps. But most likely not. We already know Carmella and Dana Brooke are going to have a falling out, since that just started and they’re in Money in the Bank together. Let’s see where this goes.

Gonna be honest here, folks. SmackDown was mostly a LetDown for me. There were some good moments, like Sheamus’ promo, the short time Sonya and Mandy got, and brief spots between Gulak and Cesaro and LHP and Morrison, but other than that, I wasn’t really feeling it.
This show was mostly your typical people fighting against each other at the upcoming pay-per-view in multi person matches trope. I am not a fan, and that was what every match was after Sonya and Mandy, who should have had that match at Money in the Bank.
Mandy and Sonya aren't done yet and expect more next week, but I would have loved it to be on money in the bank but patience is necessary when building slow just like with Sasha and Hayley.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2020
Qu3sT:

Mandy and Sonya aren't done yet and expect more next week, but I would have loved it to be on money in the bank but patience is necessary when building slow just like with Sasha and Hayley.

Yea but who is Hayley

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:02pm On May 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Yea but who is Hayley
Bayley's more evil twin sister grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:06am On May 11, 2020
Qu3sT:

Bayley's more evil twin sister grin

Ode grin grin

Go and be preparing MITB GIFs o
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 6:18am On May 11, 2020
I love this year's MITB
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 9:30am On May 11, 2020
Lol

What type of money in the bank ladder match did I watch cheesy cheesy cheesy

They were just bumping into people

Vince had to sanitize his hand....

I'll watch this over and over again cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:05am On May 11, 2020
MITB review recap and reactions

Otis and Asuka are your Mr. and Mrs. Money in the Bank winners. cheesy

Otis. grin

Asuka. cool

Did NOT see that coming!

Let’s hit the most notable stuff, and then we’ll unpack the rest.

Auska started off on the second floor balcony, and dived off to take out all the women.
The men started in the company weight room and used various machines to their advantage. Corbin broke a mirror with a weight plate. That’s coming out of your paycheck, bud!
Rey ran into Brother Love after he finished up in the bathroom.
There was one spot in an elevator bank that had ring ropes on the walls and Bryan got Corbin tangled up in them, and while he Yes kicked Corbin, Otis did the Yes chants!
The women end up in a conference room, where a briefcase with money hung over the table. Dana smashed Nia with a chair and climbed up to get it. Stephanie McMahon in a terribly shot spot, clearly not in the same room, made an appearance.
AJ Styles had a bit of PTSD as he turned a corner and saw Undertaker in a picture on the wall. Then he opened a door and a casket was on the floor.
The men and women meet in a big room and Paul Heyman was at a table with food, so naturally a food fight commenced. Otis then found the cafeteria where John Lauranitis rode in on his People Power electric scooter and Otis shoved a pie in his face.
AJ and Bryan brawled into Vince’s office. He turned around and both men stopped in their tracks. Vince shouted “Out!” at them and they fixed his conference table chairs and left. Vince then sanitized and carried on about his business. grin grin grin grin grin
Baron Corbin - “I’m going to the roof!” Smart, dude. Good idea. grin
And that’s when we got to the final stretch. Nia and Lacey were the first in the ring, and Nia set up a ladder after disposing of her. As Nia climbed, Asuka attacked her, but was unsuccessful. Lacey gave Nia a Women’s Right and took her out. Asuka and Lacey had a back and forth ladder spot, but it was Asuka who got to the top and grabbed the briefcase.
That was after a weird spot where Corbin got in the ring and tried to prevent her from grabbing the briefcase. Why? Dude would have won easily if he left her alone. With Corbin out momentarily, Otis started to climb the ladder but once again the first step broke! Baron Corbin committed manslaughter TWICE! He threw both Rey and Aleister off the roof. (You will have to explain to the police Corbin)
Aj and Corbin fought up the ladder and had the briefcase in hand, but Elias smashed a guitar over Corbin’s back, which caused it to slip from AJ’s hands and right into the arms of Otis.

So… alright. There were bright spots and head scratchers.
First, the head scratchers. Some of Corbin’s spots, with the exception of breaking the mirror in the weight room. I liked that, and his look of “Shit I’m going to have to pay for that” was great. Holy shit, that Stephanie McMahon spot was hot garbage and completely unnecessary. After strong and borderline psychotic booking on Raw, Shayna Baszler did really nothing of note in this match. She never even made it to the roof! Finally, Elias interfering means we’re getting more of that feud. Whew boy! Not excited for that!

Now, the bright spots. Asuka was booked to perfection. From start to literal finish. Even though I didn’t peg her to win, she deserved it after this performance. I’m a Brother Love mark so I cackled at him coming out of the stall. Undertaker seemingly playing mind games with AJ could lead to a potential second match? Boneyard 2 at Summerslam perhaps? I’m down! Vince McMahon didn’t do much, but his role was perfect. Otis winning was legitimately shocking. There is a lot of fun stuff that can happen with this result, and we’ll talk about that soon.

Braun Strowman def. Bray Wyatt - Bray started the match cheerily, chuckling at Braun and his strength. Braun dominated him for the first half, then Bray sidestepped while Braun charged at him on the outside and Braun went over the announce table. Huskus appeared behind the barricade cheering Bray on! Bray’s ring psychology as the FFH host is masterful. His hesitancy to do harm and being apologetic about it is real dedication to this character.
And then the storytelling was taken to a new level. Braun popped up from the floor in the sheep mask and embraced Bray as all the FFH players were around the arena welcoming Braun home. Swerve! Tricked by Braun, Bray let his guard down and paid for it. The reason why I think it worked is because Braun has been pretty one dimensional since he turned face the first time. Once the puppets were shown, it was clear that this match was taped at some point. I then expected the Fiend to show up, but I think it’s better that he didn’t. He will be. Soon.

Drew McIntyre def. Seth Rollins - Before we get into this, let’s quickly address NEW MUSIC FOR SETH! Entering to a choir rejoicing and bright lights is EXACTLY what this iteration of Seth needed. Wonderful! cheesy
This was all about putting Drew down. Seth did multiple suicide dives and knees on the outside, continuously resetting the ref’s 10 count. It was a bit repetitive but necessary to wear down Drew. It worked for the most part but Drew got the fire back. Seth’s double and sometimes triple superplexes spot is always one of my favorites, and against a man like Drew, it’s so impressive. Both men sold each other’s moves great.
Because of the slower pace, it ended up not being as good as I expected it to be. The new music hyped me up for a really great time, but I was let down. The ending was the best, with a battered Drew thanking Seth for giving him a true fight. Drew is a phenomenal babyface and that is exactly what I’d expect from him.

New Day def. Forgotten Sons, Lucha House Party, and Miz and Morrison - This match had a nice blend of flippy and powerhouse. Metalik and Morrison took everyone out early. Forgotten Sons really targeted New Day which was smart. Dorado drop kicked Miz and moonsaulted Morrison at the same time! LHP and Forgotten Sons were great and had time to shine in this match, which I expected for Forgotten Sons, but I was pleasantly surprised LHP got it too. Once Jaxson Ryker was thrown out for interfering, I knew FS were out.
A lot of really smart decisions were made by all teams here. The right tags at the right moments, great pacing and awareness, and interference where it mattered. Made for a really fun opening match and set a positive mood for the night.

Bayley def. Tamina - Before the match, Kayla Braxton asked Sasha if Bayley blamed her for their loss on Friday and Bayley interjected saying no, and that she’s going to beat Tamina because she’s the most dominant champion we’ve seen. The look Sasha shot Bayley and Kayla as Bayley walked up the stairs. You tease.
Loved Bayley bullying Tamina to start the match, like that was going to do anything. Bayley worked Tamina’s right leg viciously and it was smart, because she was able to take real advantage when Tamina went for a super kick and Bayley scouted it and countered into a submission. After Bayley threw a bottle of water at Tamina she snapped. But Sasha interfered for her bestie and distracted Tamina. This was one of Tamina’s best matches in recent memory.
Now we need to see it happen. But while it has been foreshadowed as Sasha, I really think Bayley should be the one to do the deed. And it should happen at Backlash. I will wait to see what happens on SmackDown before fantasy booking further.

MVP Bobby Lashley def. R-Truth - MVP was given the night off by Lashley. How nice! Truth “accidentally” slapped Lashley to start the match and Lashley put him away pretty quick. No Lana in sight.

With Asuka winning, I hope that she becomes a floater and teases cash ins with all 3 brands’ champions. It’s only fair since Charlotte got to use her Rumble win to go to NXT. I’m so excited for Asuka’s antics with this briefcase. As for Otis, like I said before, there’s a lot of stuff that can be done. It can cause dissension between himself and the absentee Tucker, Tucker or Mandy could play a role in Otis unsuccessfully cashing in, or someone could challenge Otis for the briefcase and he loses because of a heel turn by Tucker or Mandy. This storyline has been a highlight on SmackDown so adding the Money in the Bank briefcase to it also adds intrigue and makes me wonder, who is going to be the turncoat? I’m not envisioning a successful cash in.

I enjoyed this show alot, a little bit bummed that the murderous King didn’t win the briefcase grin.
The slow pace of Drew and Seth and the unnecessary R-Truth and MVP/Lashley stuff where a more important segment or match could have been were my lows. Hey, that could have been the Mandy vs. Sonya spot! It was harmless fun, though.

Grade: A+

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.