Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,703 members, 7,862,206 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (295823 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2020
Victornezzar:
Lol

What type of money in the bank ladder match did I watch cheesy cheesy cheesy

They were just bumping into people

Vince had to sanitize his hand....

I'll watch this over and over again cheesy cheesy

that Vince's office spot knocked me tf out grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 10:24am On May 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

that Vince's office spot knocked me tf out grin grin
cheesy cheesy

Who was that girl that bombed into Stephanie office and collected the main briefcase??
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:03am On May 11, 2020
Victornezzar:

cheesy cheesy

Who was that girl that bombed into Stephanie office and collected the main briefcase??

Do you mean Dana Brooke?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 11:10am On May 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

Do you mean Dana Brooke?
Yeeeeeahhh cheesy cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:32am On May 11, 2020
Victornezzar:

Yeeeeeahhh cheesy cheesy

don't let Batista catch you o
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 11:54am On May 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

don't let Batista catch you o
Are they related?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:47pm On May 11, 2020
Victornezzar:

Are they related?

No , she is his girl
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:14pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:24pm On May 11, 2020
Ladies and gentlemen, the greatest money in the bank ever

AJ grin

Great second defence from the champion

The only person that used their head throughout the match

And finally, a moment of silence as we mourn the death of Aleister Black and Rey Mysterio

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:24am On May 12, 2020
pu7pl3:

No , she is his girl
So na Batista dey handle those melons? Big Dave like big things ooo

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:01am On May 12, 2020
Seth don give Becky belle!! cheesy

But that guy wey comment na werey grin grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:30am On May 12, 2020
Kaycee7:
So na Batista dey handle those melons? Big Dave like big things ooo

Hopefully he is a sharp shooter too like seth grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2020

Raw reviews, recaps and reactions:- Wow.

One day removed from Mother’s Day, Becky Lynch has revealed that she will be a mom.
And the special announcement that she had for the winner of the Women’s Money in the Bank winner Asuka - she is now champion.
This was quite an emotional moment and seemed to take everyone by surprise(you're crying, I'm not crying cry). Asuka had a beautiful reaction that made the moment that much more emotional.
Becky said that in 2013 when she entered the PC she knew no one. The fans have stood up for her and had her back and because of this, she felt we deserved to hear it from her.
So Becky is gone for quite a bit. Asuka is now our champion. What’s next?
While I was eager to see Asuka with the briefcase for a while, this made the most logical sense, and frees up the women for perhaps a tournament to determine #1 contender. If anything, it gives us a time killer for a three hour show.
More interesting to note, later on Asuka was being interviewed and Kairi Sane popped back up for the first time in nearly a month. The question is - will she be a friend, or a foe?

Old Testament Wrath:- Seth Rollins has lost it cheesy.
Fresh off his loss to Drew last night, and the surprise announcement of him becoming a father tonight, Seth was in a catatonic state. It was a bit strange to have this booking this week, right as his fiancée announced her pregnancy, because at first, he looked like a shocked first time Dad. Rey Mysterio tried to congratulate him but he just stared ahead and walked away. Rey appropriately called him a dick. By the way, kudos to WWE for having Rey talk about the “secondary roof” and that he and Aleister were saved by it.
During the match between him, his disciple Murphy, Aleister Black, and Rey Mysterio, he stood on the ring apron, and didn’t move a muscle. Murphy tried to get his attention multiple times to no avail. But Rey hit Seth, seemingly by accident, and that was it.
Seth snapped! He shoved Rey’s right eye into the corner of the steel steps. It was gruesome and hard to watch. Weird moment where Rey gets his mask off for the doctors and the camera kept being on him. It was awkward. Just go away, camera guy! After the break, Seth went back to… apologize? to Rey but Aleister attacked Murphy and Seth just walked off.
This was very well done. Seth felt he had no direction tonight, and was just chillin’ in the corner being emo, but Rey had to strike him. Accidental or not, Seth’s reaction was perfect. I’m super interested in what happens next.

Brand to Brand Invitation
Reaction to the actual match that happened before this announcement is below, but I need to have a larger space to talk about this one.
No.
Not necessary at all to have people jumping from brand to brand again. We did this before. Remember “wild card?
Drew McIntyre announced that the King will arrive on Raw next week and face him in a match, because that’s what losers get. A match on Raw against its top champion.smh angry
So what happens if this actually happens, Corbin wins? Corbin challenging for the WWE championship? This is bad booking tbh angry
Even though we are in uncertain times with COVID-19, each brand has enough performers to survive. WWE - BE CREATIVE WITH THEM! Don’t bring one person here and one person there and Akira Tozawa to Raw, NXT, Main Event, and 205 Live to lose over and over. What is the reason for this, besides “Hey! Someone on SmackDown from Raw? That’s going to bring more viewers!” Newsflash – it won’t! angry

Edge vs. Orton… in a WRESTLING match?!? - This was a masterful segment and continued to prove why Orton is so damn good on the mic. Orton interrupted Edge as he talked about being back after 9 years and he’s ready to move on. Silly Edge, moving on is for kids!
Orton congratulated him and said the better man won at WrestleMania, but not the better wrestler. Edge had the luxury of being in gimmick matches that meant he didn’t have to wrestle, which means he still hasn’t truly come back from retirement. He wants Edge in a WRESTLING match at Backlash.
Edge has the best facial expressions. Immediately you could see he was doubting himself because technically, it’s true. He hasn’t wrestled yet. Charly Caruso asked him if he would accept, and he didn’t answer. This was fantastic.
And guys, it’s going to be the GREATEST wrestling match ever!

An IIconic Moment of Bliss - IICONICS ARE BACK! So incredibly happy to see them return, and they haven’t lost a beat. They were on A Moment of Bliss and challenged Bliss Cross.
Well, too bad it wasn’t a title match because they’d have won them tonight! Next week however, they’ll be in a title match. My expectation is that they’ll immediately be 50/50’ed but hey let’s see if we get a panic button title change. Give me a good shock, WWE!

Angel Garza def. Akira Tozawa - Before the match Zelina’s crew were arguing backstage. Zelina was in between them trying to calm everyone down but was unsuccessful, as we returned from break during this match and they were all still arguing. Interesting to note, it was Garza and Andrade getting in Theory’s face. There was also no reason given as to why this was even happening.
Tozawa lost, and Garza was taunting Theory the whole time saying he can do this all day, all week, and all year. Drew McIntyre interrupted the arguing to get everyone back on the same page, but Garza and Andrade threw Theory into a Claymore Kick and laughed about it. So Drew Claymored Garza for good measure and that led to a champion vs. champion match.

Drew McIntyre def. Andrade - Andrade and Drew are a great time, any time. They are vicious to each other, and have scouted each other well. They had the type of match I was hoping to see last night between Drew and Seth. Both men saw each other’s moves coming. Andrade always sticks to the arm he damaged at TakeOver.
Teasing dissension, and then Andrade loses was not what I expected here. There was a point where both were on the outside attacking each other, and it really should have just ended in a count out. They are so up and down with Zelina’s crew after that one week of showing them to be dominant. Pick a lane and stick to it.

Ballin’! - The Street Profits and the Viking Raiders played basketball tonight. It went exactly how you’d expect basketball between Street Profits and the Viking Raiders to go. The score was not similar to Toon Squad vs. the Monstars. The Viking Raiders don’t play basketball on their ships and have never done anything for fun except kill and ride in a car. Street Profits won, and Viking Raiders let them win because after the (basketball) match, Ivar showed off his real skills.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we’ll get ‘em next time, fellas. Props to SP for them Kobe numbers on their jerseys.

Bobby Lashley def. Humberto Carrillo - Carrillo got some air and drop kicked a chair into Lashley’s face. Carrillo used that chair to attack Lashley which brought me back to when he destroyed Andrade two months ago. It was not enough however as Lashley made him tap out. The no DQ stipulation made this better. Outside of the ring stuff and the usage of the chair were really nice.
Bobby Lashley had a very good night tonight, because it wasn’t over there. Later, MVP approached him and asked him what he was doing fighting Carrillo, when Corbin will be facing the WWE champion next week. He told Lashley to get back to him. Then MVP ran into Lana and she screamed at him. That was the only time she was shown or mentioned this week though. Interesting.

R-Truth, Cedric Alexander, and Ricochet def. MVP, Brendan Vink, and Shane Thorne - This match was continuing the weirdness of the whole night. While really good wrestling was going on, we had R-Truth switching between himself and “Pretty Ricky”, his “cousin.” I’m a fan of everything R-Truth does. This was also one of those things. This could have been a segment away from a match tho, and it probably would have worked better. R-truth pinned MVP to win.
After the match, Bobby Lashley came out and took care of R-Truth for MVP, and said they needed to talk. YES! I am onboard with this Lashley push.

Shayna Baszler def. Natalya, and common decency - If you’ll recall, last night I said that Shayna had some psychotic booking leading up to the pay-per-view, and then did nothing of note during the MITB match. Then… tonight.
While everyone was praising Becky Lynch, she chastised her for getting knocked up while champion grin. Then she said the kid was going to suck because look at the father! And THEN she told Natalya the Hart line ends with her because she won’t have children.
Who cares about this match? Shayna was brutal. That was really the highlight here. I popped for every moment Shayna was on TV tonight. More women stepping up to defend Becky, please!

This was quite a show. Ups and downs, lefts and rights, and everywhere in between. Taking a few minutes to meditate over it, the changes and out of the ordinary booking I believe did what it was supposed to do. There are some changes and different angles I’m excited to see. I was entertained for a majority of the show, but there are two things that worried me the most. Zelina’s crew imploding so early into their run as a stable I do not like. These guys are all talented and could have been title contenders. Instead, Andrade is losing in nearly every match, and once again they get fed to Drew.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:48am On May 12, 2020
Kaycee7:
Seth don give Becky belle!!

But that guy wey comment na werey grin grin

grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:06am On May 12, 2020
this demeanor will forever be golden

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 9:32am On May 12, 2020
Becky is pregnant

Wow!!!
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:44am On May 12, 2020
Victornezzar:
Becky is pregnant

Wow!!!

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 9:45am On May 12, 2020
[quote author=pu7pl3 post=89458228][/quote]
Is that why he unleashed hell on Rey last night?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:41am On May 12, 2020
Victornezzar:

Is that why he unleashed hell on Rey last night?

yea

Rey should have let the man brood in peace
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Victornezzar: 10:41am On May 12, 2020
pu7pl3:

yea

Rey should have let the man brood in peace
Dude is meant to be happy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:53pm On May 12, 2020
Victornezzar:

Dude is meant to be happy

the Messiah is not meant to be knocking women up bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:31pm On May 12, 2020
pu7pl3:
this demeanor will forever be golden
Nigga thinking about his life, the future and past at the same time grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2020
Qu3sT:

Nigga thinking about his life, the future and past at the same time grin

How his Messiah career about to be cut short by a mini him grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 7:36pm On May 12, 2020
pu7pl3:

How his Messiah career about to be cut short by a mini him grin
Or send him more into his delusion, we shall see.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 1:00am On May 13, 2020
Mehn Raw was packed and solid!

Congrats to Becky on her impending motherhood. Chai just when she was at the top of the mountain but overall life trumps everything. Congrats to Asuka as well, the new Raw women's champion.

Seth score goal and immediately became depressed grin

Be like say The Zelina Vega empire is crumbling, how many claymores de don chopped since lock down? Looking forward to McIntyre v Corbin next week.

Edge v Orton at Backlash, nice promo by the viper
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 2:17am On May 13, 2020
pu7pl3:

Raw reviews, recaps and reactions:- Wow.

Shayna Baszler def. Natalya, and common decency - If you’ll recall, last night I said that Shayna had some psychotic booking leading up to the pay-per-view, and then did nothing of note during the MITB match. Then… tonight.
While everyone was praising Becky Lynch, she chastised her for getting knocked up while champion grin. Then she said the kid was going to suck because look at the father! And THEN she told Natalya the Hart line ends with her because she won’t have children.
Who cares about this match? Shayna was brutal. That was really the highlight here. I popped for every moment Shayna was on TV tonight. More women stepping up to defend Becky, please!

This one don pass play matter. Shayna don comot for chain. Imagine the boos if the crowd was here. Them for no even allow her talk finish with boos.
But na true she talk sha. Why Natalya never born? I mean, she get this mother hen attitude for the women's locker room, so she can't tell me it's because she's not the mothering type. Abi Tyson Kidd no fit score?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2020
Kaycee7:
This one don pass play matter. Shayna don comot for chain. Imagine the boos if the crowd was here. Them for no even allow her talk finish with boos.
But na true she talk sha. Why Natalya never born? I mean, she get this mother hen attitude for the women's locker room, so she can't tell me it's because she's not the mothering type. Abi Tyson Kidd no fit score?

Lol, I don't know o...maybe it's not in her plans for now or there are medical complications
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:02am On May 13, 2020
since Sami Zayn decided to quarantine himself...I hope he gets the chance to have a better run, this one was quite underwhelming

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by brandon180(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2020
Is it just me or does anyone else feels that this braun vs Bray feud just began .
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:36am On May 14, 2020
brandon180:
Is it just me or does anyone else feels that this braun vs Bray feud just began .

it's not just you...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by winnerr(m): 3:47pm On May 14, 2020
brandon180:
I feel like there can't be much twists to it, Bray will most likely win it at the next ppv and trashtalk Braun about being his sidekick and shit. Except the scriptwriters shock me though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.