Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289147 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
that Xia li has always injured wrestlers with that her round house kick, last time it was Aliyah that got her nose broken.

They should kuku give her a different move set, one that she can work with safely. The way Martinez fell, na straight knock out and possible concussion be that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2021
How dare you criticize my mortal kombat waifu
100naira:
that Xia li has always injured wrestlers with that her round house kick, last time it was Aliyah that got her nose broken.

They should kuku give her a different move set, one that she can work with safely. The way Martinez fell, na straight knock out and possible concussion be that.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:

You married the wrong wife bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2021
Purple take your time
pu7pl3:

You married the wrong wife bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:57am On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:
Your waifu na bad market. Just dey knack people fatality with brutality upandan.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:
when you chop correct round house kick from am, we all be like...

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:
Purple take your time

Where is it? I can't see it, give me my time bro angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
Lolll... Na Nia Jax go sit on you.
100naira:
when you chop correct round house kick from am, we all be like...

grin grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
Don't worry, you'll find it next to John Cena's intercontinental Championship reign.
pu7pl3:

Where is it? I can't see it, give me my time bro angry
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:
Lolll... Na Nia Jax go sit on you.
My Hole ooooo

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
samistry:
Don't worry, you'll find it next to John Cena's intercontinental Championship reign.

Nice one grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2021
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Edge started the show talking about how badly he wanted to win the title at WrestleMania.
It would have been a great story it would have been. It wasn’t in his plans, and rocked him, so he took some time off.
During the time off, he rewatched the match. He could have complained about Daniel Bryan’s insertion in that match, and 2006 Edge would have, but in 2021 he knows there’s always excuses and obstacles.
He then threw it to a picture on the tron from WrestleMania when Edge had Roman Reigns in the crossface with the piece of chair in his mouth and said that his eyes told the story. He’s in Reigns’ head, and Reigns knows he can beat him.
Then the story shifted with a few backstage segments between Jimmy Uso and Paul Heyman. Jimmy was heavily into the Head of the Table regime and said that he and Reigns would call out and take care of Edge when Reigns got to the arena.
Later, Heyman had to tell Jimmy that the Tribal Chief runs things on his own time, and it looked like Main Event Jimmy would have to go it alone. So Jimmy decided to use this moment as a way to show Reigns that he’s all in.
But when he went out there and Edge came out, Edge said what this really was. It was not Edge getting played by Reigns and Jimmy, it was Jimmy getting played.
And he was spot on.
Edge charged the ring and Jimmy was looking around for Roman, but he didn’t make the save. Edge speared him and broke off the same little piece from the steel chair and did the same crossface to Jimmy, and Jimmy had the same look as Roman.
Roman was nowhere to be found.
Edge asking Jimmy what happened to “Nobody’s Bitch” was really good, because it did seem like Jimmy was a bit quick to jump into this new right hand man stuff. It was because Jey was starting to get worked up over it, which was a nice touch for this story. But now all of a sudden Jimmy wants to hurt people for Roman.
I don’t know how I feel about it yet.
Now, the reason why I highlighted the word “inevitable” is because of my other point about SmackDown as a whole. The blue brand was inevitably going to turn into a subpar show after Roman’s return. It’s not because of Roman or anything involving him, it’s because the pandemic made this company incredibly lazy.
When one story is the highlight of 5 hours of weekly television, you have a problem on your hands. SmackDown got the Raw treatment since WrestleMania of repetition and laziness, which is unfortunate. And feuds that started after the big pay-per-view are still ongoing (Alphas/Profits and Nakamura/Corbin).
The point is - crowds. We need them. And we’ll have them very soon!

Quitting may finally end this feud
Bayley came out to brag about pinning Bianca Belair.
Physically, Belair is strong, but mentally, she’s weak. A loss this early isn’t a good sign. Bayley said that she’s crumbling in the pressure, and it would be sad to see her fall apart in front of all of her worshippers.
Belair interrupted looking un-phased by Bayley’s words. She said that Bayley is obsessed with her, but she is in her head. So in order to get over Bayley, she needs to be embarrassed at Money in the Bank.
But not just in any ordinary match, in an I Quit match.
Bayley said that she’d quit competing altogether if she were to say I quit.
This was a good segment with Bianca very confident in herself as Bayley looked at her worried that she may end up saying the words.
They’ve been bouncing these roles back and forth for a few weeks now. It seems obvious to me that Bayley will be the loser and take time off until the draft. I guess they could pull a shocking win in front of fans since Bianca never said she’d quit WWE.
I don’t see that happening though.

Welcome back
Well well well.
Zelina Vega returned as Sonya Deville’s next pick for the women’s Money in the Bank match.
Vega came back and said that she’s the most popular woman in WWE and she deserves this spot.
Liv Morgan came out to protest her not getting added to the Money in the Bank match. I had to go back and remind myself that she won against Carmella last week.
So she slapped Vega and said that she needs to prove it, and Deville allowed a match to happen.
And then Vega got rolled up.
This is another one of those “monkey’s paw” situations I was referring to a few recaps back. Yay for Zelina returning and being in the Money in the Bank match, boo to her getting pinned in her return match.
They’re telling a good story with Liv winning matches and not getting inserted into that match, but at Zelina’s expense? I would have rather Liv/Carmella 6 happened instead.
And speaking of Carmella, her looking on with a glass of champagne and smiling after she lost twice was strange. That’s a bit too delirious for me.

The Rest
Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn
I really just enjoy watching Owens and Zayn going at it. They have insane chemistry, only built between them for the last 20 years together. Zayn tossed Owens into the announce table and it didn’t break so I imagine that hurt. Owens stacked two tables on top of each other and Zayn saved himself. Owens went to the top rope and Zayn pushed him into the tables, but he was able to get up at the 9 count. Owens was almost dropped on his head on the apron and he still was able to make it back up. Absolutely excellent finish with Owens putting Zayn through the announce table, then the second table Zayn set up, and then a “Vintage KO” apron bomb.

Kingsuke Nakamura and Big E defeated Apollo Crews and King Baron Corbin
I was going to complain about Corbin coming out with the King music and graphics, but then Greg Hamilton announced him as King... and then apologized and the music just cut off and he said “Baron Corbin” in such a blah way and I LMAO’ed. I mean it still doesn’t really make sense that production wouldn’t update their stuff, but I popped for that so I’m not complaining. Then he did a walk of shame to his corner. Also all of that happening after Pat McAfee was shitting on his appearance was just so good. And then Rick Boogs announced that Corbin’s car was being towed away and they showed a really nice G-Wagon being loaded onto the tow truck. Okay look I’ve been saying I wanted to see a Corbin face turn and what it would look like and it seems that it’s where we’re heading? It’s something different. I’ll take it.
Poor guy. And Boogs was being a douchebag to Corbin afterward. Sheesh.

Otis defeated Angelo Dawkins
My goodness they couldn’t at least let Otis keep his long hair? Another poor guy deserved here. Anyway he won so I don’t feel too bad for him. I like his aggression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2021
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

An interesting story was told around the WWE championship on Raw.
MVP was in the room with Bobby Lashley and his ladies, and when Kevin Patrick asked him why the singles match was made a tag match, he said that Kofi Kingston couldn’t get away with the disrespect from last week.
Lashley was upset with Kingston’s comments on his vacation from last week, and you could feel his anger throughout the show.
Later, New Day had a standard New Day promo and were just hyping the match.
Before the match, Lashley was doing pull ups on a bar as MVP just plainly stated that Lashley hasn’t missed a step. He had a death stare into the camera as New Day’s music played. I really appreciated all of the seriousness from Lashley because I think it’s really hitting home the story being told.
In the closing stretch, Lashley was not showing any concern for MVP in the ring even though he was still limping. Kingston tagged in and flew all over the place, taking out MVP and knocking Lashley off the apron. A surprise Trouble in Paradise knocked Lashley out of the ring and then Kingston countered the Playmaker with a Trouble in Paradise as Xavier Woods took Lashley out so he couldn’t interfere.
The story here is that it appears Bobby may start to realize MVP is hanging around and throwing him off his game. MVP got pinned and Bobby was mad, even though he helped him up. You could see it.
The insertion into his match and the distracting ladies might be leading to a Lashley turn on MVP at Money in the Bank. I have a theory that MVP will be up to his usual shenanigans and Lashley won’t be able to capitalize off of it now that there will be someone else in his opponent’s corner for the first time this year.
I think Bobby will want to be solo heading into SummerSlam and take all of his distractions out to focus on whoever his Big opponent should bE.
See what I did there?

Opening segments set the mood
The show started with the Money in the Bank edition of Miz TV.
Let’s all make sure that John Morrison is as moist as possible for Money in the Bank. This was something said on Raw. Drew McIntyre was called a “splash-hole” on this Raw.
The moist stuff ran its course a while ago, y’all.
We learned that McIntyre is a distant relative to Davey Crockett. The more you know. We also learned that he will be able to cash in on any champion on any brand. Please don’t give McIntyre the win, WWE.
Ricochet came out and spelled his name and then was called dry by Morrison.
Riddle climbed the only ladder set up in the ring (they don’t call it the Money in the Bank edition for nothing!) and said he was very high and sad.
AJ Styles and Omos came out to continue whining about how last week should have been a one on one match and attacked Riddle, leading Morrison to attack Ricochet before their match, which we’ll talk about in a bit.
This is not the type of opening segment that makes me excited to tune into a 3 hour show.
Opening segments that set up matches for the night... that’s fine. All of this pointless talking and people not acting like regular human beings gets boring. I can tell you that it actively made me less interested in the show, and I don’t feel like Raw kept the good streak going.
And that was before the absolutely pointless Elias/Cedric Alexander and Jaxson Ryker/R-Truth match. Even before the questionable 8 woman tag booking, and the next segment I’m talking about.

Can we stop this, please?
Charlotte Flair announced that she might miss Money in the Bank.
She said Rhea Ripley is scared because she has to resort to doing Flair’s own moves to take her out. She’ll be taken out indefinitely and Ripley will continue to keep her championship. She praised Ripley for using her own tactics.
Ripley then came out, also with a crutch on the same leg as Flair.
She said she’s still using Flair’s tactics and that Flair is being a drama queen. They both dropped the act and swung the crutches at each other. Flair avoided Ripley and got out of the ring.
This segment was completely pointless and not how you book champions. I really don’t understand why they couldn’t just let Rhea be the great bad ass she was coming out of the Royal Rumble. All of this heel/face/tweener stuff has just been bad.
I was really enjoying Charlotte after returning, but none of this works. The Opportunity Charlotte the first month was great, but man all of the stuff since has not been.
Will this feud be over after Money in the Bank? Probably not, going off of WWE’s track record.

The Rest
Riddle defeated AJ Styles
Riddle did a great job selling the foot injury in this match. He never was able to do his usual entrance, Styles heavily worked it over throughout and got tricked by Riddle when he did the Karate Kid pose. Styles kept kicking him in the right foot to knock him down , and even when Riddle used the injured foot, he sold it. Omos knocked him off his feet without the referee seeing. All of a sudden Erik and Ivar distracted Omos, which distracted Styles, and Riddle rolled him up to win. While the distraction finishes are meh, this was a great match and I would be interested in Riddle winning the briefcase just to see the interactions with Randy Orton.

John Morrison defeated Ricochet
I was excited to see another match in this series. A very cool move that Ricochet didn’t get to follow through with happened with a backslide over Miz which he was trying to turn into a hurricanrana on Morrison, but Morrison caught him and threw him into the barricade. They tried to do something crazy over the top rope that looked frightening but then the silly referee who was looking right at Ricochet and Miz didn’t happen to notice that Miz was blocking him from getting back into the ring, and Ricochet got counted out.

Mustafa Ali defeated Mansoor
A few weeks ago I had to advertise this feud for WWE, but now they’re giving it life. My work here is done. This was really more than a match. It was Ali teaching Mansoor all about how to be successful. Mansoor had a nice spinebuster for a two count. But Mansoor let his kindness in and helped Ali get out of the ropes, and Ali rolled him up to win. I’m enjoying this back and forth and wonder if it leads to Mansoor joining the former RETRIBUTION leader.

Hello disqualification my old friend (Drew McIntyre vs. Jinder Mahal)
So Mahal was upset that McIntyre texted him the number 2 instead of saying the word too. Kind of childish and ridiculous, but whatevs. Corey Graves literally put me in tears after Drew’s promo about the Loch Ness Monster when he said that the next tale Drew graces us with will be how he defeated Lord Farquaad. Mahal was pretty aggressive in this match so that was nice to see. Drew is Drew and is still cutting the worst promos on Raw. And that’s saying something when you have a monstrosity of an opening segment like this show’s. Yeah, it’s looking more like Drew is winning the briefcase. Yikes.

Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Eva Marie, and DouDrop defeated Naomi, Asuka, Nikki A.S.H., and Alexa Bliss
DouDrop was going to start with Naomi, but Marie tagged in and couldn’t handle it so she tagged DouDrop back in. The funniest part of this hands down was Bliss scaring Marie out of the ring. Jax and DouDrop may end up being a decent tag team at some point in the future. The stuff with Reginald and the gaze of Bliss is really dumb now. It been weeks. Stop looking in her goddamn eyes, dude. The almost superhero got pinned so let’s see how well this gimmick is treated going forward.

Lucha House Party defeated Mace and T-Bar
T-Bar launched Lince Dorado out of the ring, and then Mace went to Byron Saxton and gave him some commentary tips. Continuity! Ya know what these teams aren’t so bad with each other. Nice shock win for Lucha House Party here.

Grade: C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
Happy Birthday to Adam Cole bay bay��

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2021
WWE NXT {THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH} REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

GAB Cypher
What I am doing is giving props to Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, B-FAB, Top Dolla, and Ashante “Thee” Adonis for being, dare I say, dope.
When you listen to as much hip hop as I do, you know wack sh*t when you hear it and there was nothing wack about anything they did. The flows were crisp, there were several hot lines, and all three rappers showcased different styles. I went into this expecting Men on a Mission but instead I got something infinitely better. JAY-Z always says he’s not a rapper; he’s a hustler who just knows how to rap. Hit Row aren’t rappers. They’re just wrestlers who know how to rap really damn well.
Of course, your mileage may vary on how much you liked a concert breaking out in the middle of a wrestling event—especially one of this magnitude—but it is a unique celebration method that bucks wrestling convention. Like every other genre on the planet, pro wrestling needs to constantly evolve or die trying. More importantly, it needs to figure out ways to illustrate unique characters. Hit Row is unlike any group in wrestling history, therefore they shouldn’t use the same tried and true methods to get over with the audience.
That said, and maybe I’m bugging, but wasn’t it weird when Bronson Reed didn’t interfere at all? Feels like a wasted opportunity but I won’t gripe much about it.

Red, White and bruised
WWE loves telling a story of good friends turned better enemies. And to be honest, fans are infatuated with it as well, so I get why they keep going back to the well. Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole are the latest in a long line of former friends who feel compelled to fight each other and their emotions at the same time.
Cole and O’Reilly had a lot to live up to following their first encounter but for me, they succeed with flying colors. Having their first match as the foundation, part 2 felt more personal and, surprisingly, more intense. These two cats beat the hell out of each other in a back and forth contest with Cole focusing on O’Reilly’s bad knee that got worse the longer the match went. It’s tough beating any person with one leg, let alone Adam Cole, but Kyle tried. The problem is that he tried a little too hard.
I love when wrestling really does focus on the fact these people are athletes. And like any athlete, a lot of what they do is based on instinct, not always strategy. Every athlete, regardless of the sport, is used to using different body parts to move in a certain ways on their field of choice. So when Adam Cole jumps off the top rope, Kyle instinctively uses his knee to defend himself and counter whatever Cole planned. Of course, he used the bum knee. Like I said, he tried a little too hard.
At that point, the ending was elementary. Cole stood tall. For now. The two are now 1-1 and Kyle has his knee as an excuse but it’s hard to see Adam giving him a rematch out the kindness of his heart. But if he isn’t convinced he’s NXT’s best ever, as Wade Barrett loudly proclaimed when the match ended, then perhaps his ego gets the best of him.
Who are we kidding? This is a Shawn Michaels and Triple H production. The tiebreaker match is almost guaranteed.

Guess Who’s Back?
Candace LaRae and Indi Hartwell defended their NXT Women’s Tag Championships against Zoey Stark and Io Sharai. On any other night, the big story is the fact the champs were dethroned. But the Great American Bash isn’t just any other night.
That battery charge graphic NXT teased for weeks? It finally hit 100% and out came Tegan Nox to ruin Candace’s day. The minute Nox showed up, LaRae followed the rules of wrestling and took her eyes on the prize to focus on the person on the ramp. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Look, I’m not a fan of titles exchanging hands like this, especially because it does blot out the sun the new champs should bask in, if only a little. A match that started telling the story of Io having Candace’s number ended up being less about the match itself. This is most certainly not the way. But hey, we got new champs, Zoey’s theme music is a damn banger, and then this happened:
If your heart didn’t melt even a little, you have no soul. Or you’re the Tin Man, who, as we all know, has no heart.

The Best of the Rest
Cameron Grimes is now LA Knight’s butler
Cameron Grimes and LA Knight’s story doesn’t do much for me. I like both guys a lot and they have good chemistry, but something about this is just missing me. Grimes as Knight’s butler should provide several chuckles though, so at least there’s that. I do love that Knight managed to use the Million Dollar belt to help him get the W. Heels need to cheat to win a whole lot more than they do. Salute that man.

Put respect on MSK’s name
In a very dope opening bout, MSK successfully defended their NXT tag titles against Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher. It was a simple story about one team fighting for respect from the other while always being one step behind.
Until they weren't.
MSK learned during the match and got smarter as it went on. It felt like a Dragon Ball Z fight where combatants just get better the longer the fight lasts. In the end, they finally learned enough to get the W, retain their titles, and got the respect they demanded.

The Not so Best of the Rest
Keeping it all the way real, the Johnny Gargano and Karrion Kross “confrontation” bored me. I get nothing from two people talking to each other who just talked to each other last week. The most interesting part about it is Samoa Joe refereeing their championship match next week. When it comes to Joe, Kross is cruising for a bruising and clearly wants that action. I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe gives it to him next week once he’s “provoked.”

Grade: A-
The funny thing about NXT is there are really no bad matches. Ever. The Great American Bash was a great night of wrestling capped off with a physical grudge match between two people who hate each other.
Why not a full A? The talking segments didn’t work for me. We had a few backstage interviews setting up future matches that thankfully weren’t long but just weren’t compelling. And that goes ditto for the supposedly clever insults Gargano and Kross threw at each other. The show was at its best when the wrestlers wrestled and on that note, it got the job done.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by triggaSG(m): 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2021
I come. I read. I appreciate the OP. appreciate everybody dropping inputs. loke loke y'all will be going.

just wanted to say, I look forward to Shinsuke's matches cause of that song of his with the guitar guy playing it. brings tears to me eyes.

salutations.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
triggaSG:
I come. I read. I appreciate the OP. appreciate everybody dropping inputs. loke loke y'all will be going.

just wanted to say, I look forward to Shinsuke's matches cause of that song of his with the guitar guy playing it. brings tears to me eyes.

salutations.

You're welcome
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:16am On Jul 10, 2021
Devastating news sad

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 6:32am On Jul 10, 2021
pu7pl3:
Devastating news sad
Carmella will be against Bianca next week Friday

Edge now has his support in Rey and Dominic cheesy grin

Usos and Reigns were shocked
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2021
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

If this show did one thing, it definitely showed us that Roman Reigns has only one man in mind - Roman Reigns.
The Tribal Chief came out to start the show and told Jimmy Uso he had family business to tend to. He was able to do what Jimmy couldn’t do, and that’s get Jey Uso back. So Jey waltzes back out after nearly a month out and said that he was back and ready to be the Right Hand Man.
Reigns also said that Edge was a liar, and that he is honorable and will tell the truth that yes, he had a moment of fear like any good man would, but he leveled up from it and smashed, stacked, and pinned at WrestleMania.
Then he turned to the Usos and said that all he wanted was the Usos together as a family, winning championships and representing the family. They then hugged, and Reigns looked at the camera suspiciously.
So Roman tried to play that he wanted his cousins to be champions all along, but he did what he claimed Edge was false about - lying. We know that he never wanted that. I see you, Roman.
The Usos went to Edge’s locker room and said they were going to go to him before Edge called Reigns out. Edge wasn’t in there though. He was too busy foreshadowing the Seth Rollins match going up to him being interviewed and said he was doing something Rollins wouldn’t do. Hmmm.
So Edge went out to the ring to call out the Tribal Chief and the camera went back to the Usos in Reigns’ locker room, and Jey said he smelled something off about this and they went to the ring.
I can say that it did feel strange, but I didn’t see the Mysterios coming back and turning the tables on the Bloodline.
And the third member had to be in the same spot as Reigns and Jimmy. As both Usos were being tortured in the ring, Reigns stared at them, turned around, and walked away.
What a jerk.
I smell a 6 man tag! And its one that I would really like to see. Maybe for next week? But I think that it’s too quick since Money in the Bank is two days later.

The right thing was done
If you hadn’t heard before this show, yes, Bayley is legitimately injured and out for 9 months.
A lot of speculation ran wild about who would be her replacement, a bunch of us on WhatsApp listed off names such as Natalya, a returning Sasha, Shayna Baszler, and even someone from Raw.
Reginald was also speculated on. I mean he has to be included, right?
However, one name was also thrown into the mix - Carmella. (And by me!)
So Sonya Deville came out and announced in fact, that Carmella would replace Bayley, and that the match would instead be on SmackDown next week.
And out came Liv Morgan for the third straight week to air her grievances, but Deville said that in Carmella’s place at Money in the Bank would be her! She also said that it was deserved, and yeah it really is.
I think the right thing was done here. Carmella is the perfect person to go into the title match next week and Liv finally gets her shot. I would be interested in finding out at some point what the end game would have been had Bayley not been injured, but we got there anyway.

The Rest
King Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin
Nakamura and Rick Boogs rolled up to the arena in Corbin’s old G-Wagon repo-ed from last week. Big E invited Pat McAfee to the couch for his very own comforting foot pedi water thingy. E was also wearing a Ding Dong Hello! shirt, signifying that he is an amazing person. Corbin hasn’t had a haircut or shaved for the past few weeks and he’s not looking good. He had a wicked clothesline that Nakamura sold beautifully, but Nakamura put him away with a Kinshasa. E and Pat were rocking out on the couch and announce table and my God I love Pat McAfee and please never let him go. He at one point said that Corbin’s hairline committed treason and I could not stop laughing.

Seth Rollins defeated Cesaro
Really great spot where Cesaro caught Rollins as he was jumping over him and powerslammed him with one arm. Rollins got mad and destroyed the announce table and Kevin Owens just hilariously asked in a calm voice “What an attitude problem. Stomp the thing, that’ll help.” as he was stomping on the table cover. Rollins, new move where he goes for the stomp but backtracks and kicks the opponent in the back of the head is a really nice move. Cesaro’s incredible strength lifting Rollins above his head from behind and slams him. Cesaro was swinging Rollins when they came back from break. At 9.9, Cesaro, bloodied and battered, got back in the ring and Rollins won with a stomp. I wasn’t expecting Rollins to win here but that was a very good match.

Shotzi and Nox defeated Natalya and Tamina
There was definitely some trouble with this match. Some spots were very much planned, like they just went over the match before it happened. Getting to see the tank on SmackDown made up for it though. Beating the tag team champions only leads to one thing.

Grade: B
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Carmella will be against Bianca next week Friday

Edge now has his support in Rey and Dominic cheesy grin

Usos and Reigns were shocked

And Toni Storm was called up!!!!

I almost forgot to add that
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2021
pu7pl3:

And Toni Storm was called up!!!!

I almost forgot to add that
Are the rumours about Brock and Cena returning for Summer slam true??
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Are the rumours about Brock and Cena returning for Summer slam true??

Cena's own seems very legit, in a match with Roman but I'm not sure about Brock yet
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:41am On Jul 13, 2021
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

The August 21, 2020 SmackDown was the first show with the ThunderDome.
On that show, by the end of the first hour, I was already done with it.
The screens and the directing of fans on them has never been my cup of tea. Well, I wasn’t a fan of the screens being used for fans. They certainly were able to do some different things with the screens and the platforms that could have never been done without them.
Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns utilized them for their match. As did Drew McIntyre and Randy Orton. But my favorite moment with the ThunderDome was actually just a few weeks ago, when Bayley’s face appeared in every screen laughing at Bianca Belair. Aside from that, the fire presentation for the Orton vs. Fiend Firefly Fun House Inferno match.
All of that ends this Friday.
ThunderDome is dead. Let’s do everything in our power to make sure it never has to re-debut with a new gimmick.

No more mister nice guy
I could sort of see where this was going before Bobby Lashley came out to the ring.
The ladies and MVP were there hyping him up, and he was super concentrated, almost like he was trying to drown them all out.
Xavier Woods had a really cool leaping jump off of Lashley’s back but man did Lashley make him pay for it with a military press to the outside. Back inside, Lashley was in a cross face and lifted Woods right out of it. He then speared Woods and went for the Hurt Lock, but Woods reversed into a schoolboy to win!
This was a surprise I did not see coming, since it’s 6 days from Money in the Bank but I keep forgetting they don’t really care about that. (They being Vince McMahon. That being smart booking outside of Roman Reigns.)
Later, New Day were being interviewed and were told that Lashley was back to be on the VIP Lounge later. Kofi Kingston again made reference to Lashley being distracted.
And then it happened.
Lashley returned looking a bit disheveled and you could see that MVP knew something was up. Lashley told the ladies to leave and then said that Kofi was right. He’s been distracted and it’s time for the bullshit to stop.
He then destroyed the VIP Lounge, grabbed the mic again and said that he would destroy Kofi and his career.
Excellent closing segment. Bobby didn’t break away from MVP like I predicted last week, but he did one better. He made sure to put an end to the distractions and have MVP sort of take a Paul Heyman role to his Brock Lesnar.
Wonder if that’s a bit or foreshadowing?

Where’s Alexa Bliss?
Before this match, DouDrop was invited to Alexa Bliss’ playground, but Eva Marieeeeeeee joined her.
Bliss wasn’t happy with her there and tried to get DouDrop to answer her question and Marie wasn’t having it.
So the Eva-Lution decided to come out during the fatal four way. I liked DouDrop being nice with her, but that was short lived because Bliss screamed at Marie and DouDrop threw her over the barricade.
And then she just... disappeared. Never even came back for the match.
Asuka had fire with Naomi and Nikki ASH. Naomi’s double pin attempt on them.
But Nikki was able to get the victory here, and I like that for her. Getting this character over with some wins is certainly helpful, no?
Unrelated to Raw, I absolutely detest what people on social media did to Naomi that forced her off of Twitter. Don’t be an asshole to people. It’s a simple thing, really.
I don’t know what the reasoning was for Alexa’s disappearing act, but if she reappears on Sunday, my bet is that she’s winning the Money in the Bank briefcase. (And I think Lilly is going to be in that briefcase.)

The Rest
Ricochet defeated John Morrison
Drip Drip and Miz squirted the splash-holes Riddle and Ricochet before the match. Morrison did a wicked neckbreaker to Ricochet on the apron and went for a quick cover. Morrison tried to use Miz’s wheelchair to pin Ricochet and it didn’t work. Ricochet had a really nice German suplex. They spilled to the LED boards and Ricochet slammed him into them. (You won’t be missed, screens!) Top of the barricade 450 from Ricochet too. Sheesh. And Ricochet is F***ING INSANE doing a shooting star press on the ring post to the floor. They ended up in Gorilla and back onto the stage. Miz honestly is really funny trash talking from the wheelchair. RICOCHET RODE DOWN THE WHEELCHAIR BEHIND MIZ HAHAHAHA. Riddle helped Ricochet by flipping the wheelchair to its back and I lost it. Ricochet splashed Morrison through the ladder set up between the ring and table to win. Shit. This was incredible.

Rhea Ripley defeated Natalya
Natalya put a heck of an effort in, but what I really cared about more was the killer beatdown after the match by Charlotte Flair. Flair was in high heels and ran into that ring and locked Ripley in the figure eight while hanging off the ring. Ripley bit the bottom rope to I guess get some of that pain focused elsewhere. That was a badass quick beatdown. I’m ready for this hopefully feud ending match on Sunday.

Sheamus defeated Humberto Carrillo
Sheamus attacked Carrillo before the match after agreeing to be on the same page with Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville. He then had a stare down with Damian Priest! (Hey remember that guy who tagged with BAD BUNNY?) Carrillo limped out and into the ring aaaaaaaaaand it’s gone. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that Sheamus was winning here. Sheamus went back for seconds and Priest made the save.

Ivar defeated AJ Styles / Omos defeated Erik
Styles was going to apologize but took the heel route. He also did the classic underestimate your opponent and forgot how agile and powerful Ivar is. Styles attempted a sunset flip powerbomb and Ivar fought out of a chinlock. Ivar hit the Banzai drop to win.
Omos knocked Erik off his feet early, and then Omos got cocky. He went for a bear hug and Erik elbowed his way out. He got some momentum for a moment and then Omos ran over him. Crazy powerbomb put Erik away. I expected Omos to win here.

Jinder Mahal won’t be rollin’ anymore
Because Drew McIntyre broke some of the accessories on his custom motorcycle. Oh well.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Una know say MITB na this week? Cos I'm not understanding the quietness here
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:12am On Jul 14, 2021
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Johnny Wrestling vs. Karrion Kross
Last week at the Great American Bash, General Manager William Regal decided the fighting between NXT champion Karrion Kross and The Way’s leader Johnny Gargano needed to come to an end. His solution? Give Gargano a title shot and make his enforcer Samoa Joe the special guest referee. Kross was not pleased with these developments and insinuated Gargano doesn’t even “wear the pants” in his family. The retort back was as obvious as it was enjoyable.
Now in my mind this set up was the perfect excuse to call Karrion Kross up to the main roster. If Samoa Joe was “provoked” by Kross, he could simply choke him out and let Gargano make the pin. I doubted that it could actually be that simple but unlike some of the other WWE brands, NXT more often than not does what would logically make sense, so I was anxious to see if they’d give Kross an out without having Gargano just pin him clean. I realize that would be preferable but despite his “Johnny Wrestling” nickname and my adoration of him, I highly doubted they’d let him do that to their new project.
Despite Joe going to both locker rooms before the match began to lay down the law MMA style (“Protect yourself at all times. Obey my commands at all times.”) both men promptly ignored him and began brawling on the outside. An irate Joe got out of the ring twice to insist they get back in the squared circle, directing most of his wrath at Kross, but Kross smashed Gargano’s back into the announce desk instead.
After a commercial break taking us to the top of the hour Joe had miraculously managed to get them back into the ring. It hardly mattered because Kross still wasn’t listening to authority. He refused to break the Kross Jacket when Gargano grabbed the ropes, and Joe had to pull him off, giving us our first face off between the two. Kross tried to break down the steel steps and smash Gargano with them, forcing Joe to pull them out of his hands for our second face off. Both times Joe dared Kross to do something stupid, both times he refused. Despite Gargano’s best efforts he finally got caught with a forearm to the back of the head and pinned. Joe raised the champion’s hand, but Kross wasn’t done getting in his face. Scarlett tried to pull her man back, but when Joe went to walk away, Kross jumped him from behind and applied the Kross Jacket until Joe went out cold.
I have many, many thoughts about this. The first is that perhaps they’re not quite ready to pull the trigger on Kross going to the main roster, but God knows why. The second is that Joe called the match fairly down the middle and didn’t interfere to help Gargano in any way, only stopping Kross from breaking the rules of a title match. Despite that an enraged Kross choked him out afterward, and that could lead to William Regal stripping Kross of the title. I’m not sure which one would be worse for Kross — losing by being screwed, or having your reign end without even defending the title. What would that even lead to? A tournament for the vacant belt? We’re already in the middle of a Breakout Tournament, so having two at once would be huge overkill. My next thought is that this is to set up a program between Joe and Kross — but is Joe medically cleared for that? It might sound strange to say this but I’m pleased with the lack of a direction to go in here. It makes me want to watch the show next week to see how they resolve all of this, and I’m betting that you feel the same way.

Ikemen Jiro vs. Duke Hudson
I don’t know if I’d go so far as to call Ikemen Jiro a “viral sensation” but he’s certainly been one of the more noticeable aspects of 205 Live, making the most of his flair in ring attire and wresting maneuvers every chance he gets. In the opening round of the 2021 Breakout Tournament though, he’d have to go against a hulking 6’5” beast named Duke Hudson.
Before the match had even begun Wade Barrett was selling the idea that Hudson was just too big for Jiro to beat. No — really? Jiro was on 205 Live and Hudson looks like he eats 20.5 ounces of steak for every meal. Eventually he just put Jiro down with a Big Bossman Slam, also known as the Winds of Change when Wade Barrett did it. Back to Friday nights for “Handsome” Jiro. He’s better off there. They’ve never given him a win on NXT and he certainly wasn’t getting one over Hudson. The writing was on the wall.

Hard times for Cameron Grimes
As stated previously NXT tends to make the obviously correct choice more often than not. I’m sure fans of Cameron Grimes would have preferred him to get his revenge on the devious L.A. Knight, but the opposite happened at the Bash and now Grimes has to be his personal butler. The comedy of Grimes being forced to clean Knight’s boots and serve him martinis while constantly grumbling about his boss is just too good to pass up.
As eagerly as I was anticipating what Kross and Gargano would do inside the ring, I was just as much anticipating what Grimes and Knight would do outside of it. How many weeks of abuse could Grimes take before he’d snap? More than one. Knight tried to humiliate Grimes with a haircut, a shave, and a butler’s uniform. Grimes just smiled at how good he looked in the mirror and said Knight was jealous. Knight tried to get him to mow his vast estate with a push mower. Grimes “delegated authority” and paid a kid to do it for him, lounging by the pool with a drink instead. Knight tried to stop Grimes from paying said kid, so the kid punted Knight and Grimes bumped him into the pool. “Can I offer you a towel... sir?” The only one who got humiliated this week was the former Eli Drake! More of this please.

Sarray vs. Gigi Dolin
William Regal’s number one import “Warrior of the Sun” Sarray was excited to face Toni Storm in one-on-one competition, but Storm mercilessly shot her down by saying she’d had more wins in Japan than Sarray had hot lunches. Ouch.
The good news for Sarray is that somebody else was more than willing to compete with her. Gigi Dolin (formerly Priscilla Kelly) stepped up at the Capitol Wrestling Center with a challenge for Sarray, one which could take the place of that missed match with Storm.
For inexplicable reasons Mandy Rose came out to watch this match. She seemed to be impressed when Sarray hit a double kick to the head right through the ropes, followed by a high angle suplex that couldn’t have felt good for Dolin, leading directly to the pin.
She didn’t stop to confront either of the women involved. She just nodded her head and left. Where are we going with this? Did Rose get sent down when Tegan Nox got sent up? We’d get some answers a little later on after a bonus tag team match, so keep on reading.

Ember Moon vs. Dakota Kai
Dakota Kai cut a promo on Ember Moon last week, calling her an annoying little bug that needed to be squashed. Nice idea in theory, but in practice Kai usually needs the help of Raquel González to pull off any form of bug smashing. On top of this Ember Moon just lost her tag team partner to a SmackDown call up, so she’s got even more to prove as a soloist.
This match opened up the live broadcast last night, and had at least a half dozen near falls before the first commercial break. Something seemed to be a little off for both women when we came back. Kai was out of position for some of her spots. Moon nearly slipped when she tries to come off the ropes for a crossbody. Eventually they got on the same page for long enough to do a finish, thanks to a distraction from González on the outside. which was just enough for Kai to land her patented Go 2 Kick and get the pin. She had no time at all to celebrate because Xia Li came out to challenge González to a women’s title match. González accepted. That’s fine. She needs new opponents and we haven’t seen her defend the belt for a while. The sooner this happens the better!

Santos Escobar vs. Dexter Lumis
As stylistic pairings go I don’t think they get much weirder in NXT than this. On one hand we have Santos Escobar, the high flying “respect the bingo” luchador who has been obsessed with the North American title and vows he represents sangre y tradicion in the ring. On the other we have Dexter Lumis, who one well known podcast refers to as “the creep from the creep farm,” and it’s an apt description. He kidnapped Austin Theory. He stalks Indi Hartwell. Even if you’re an InDex fan (and I am) he’s a total psycho whose signature move is to hit people in the jaw with an uppercut — ain’t no high flying here. How would this turn out?
NXT wisely decided to play up the “weird” factor from the get go, having Lumis kneel and pull himself around the ring with his hands both before and during the match, leaving Escobar shook by his antics. He ordered his Legado flunkies to attack Lumis in response, but instead they had to save him from being pulled under the ring by the creeper! After the break it settled down into a more normal match, but you had to expect Legado del Fantasma to interfere and they certainly did right as Lumis was about to lock on the Silencer. Mendoza dragged Escobar to safety, and Wilde posted Lumis on the outside as he gave chase. They sent him back into the ring for Escobar to hit the Phantom Driver. The celebration was short lived though as Hit Row came out to confront Legado for all the trash they were talking about last week’s cypher. Escobar and his men decided to live to fight another day but I’m looking forward to a six-man tag match between these two!
As a little bonus after the break, Indi Hartwell tried to repay the favor and carry Dexter Lumis to the back. She picked him up clean (that girl is impressively strong) but then had to pretend to trip just so she could fall on top of him for a smooch. Right as they were about to lock lips Candice LeRae ran down to break up InDex yet again. Boooooo!

The Diamond Mine is still open
As if this show wasn’t already loaded up from the top to the bottom, the Diamond Mine decided to remind us they’re still open for business by throwing out an open challenge. Which member of the NXT roster would step up, and which Miner 49er would they face? As it turns out they figured it out before the show even went to air — Bobby Fish accepted the invitation for a one on one shot at Tyler Rust.
I wouldn’t exactly call this match a squash, but it didn’t go through a commercial break, that’s for damn sure. Fish had to play the dumb babyface and let himself be distracted by Roderick Strong so that Rust could hit a chop block to the knee and a buzz saw kick to the head for the pin. The entire Diamond Mine got in the ring to finish Fish off, but KUSHIDA ran out to make the save. Looks like we’ve got ourselves a tag team match in the future!

What else do you need to know?
Adam Cole (bay bay) came out to cut a promo and said he was done with Kyle O’Reilly and that his interview with Wade Barrett earlier in the show was pathetic. Honestly he’s not wrong. He said he’s moving on to Samoa Joe. His call out backfired though because he made the mistake of saying nobody in the back had the guts to confront him, not Joe, not anybody — and Bronson Reed answered him. He called Cole his “golden opportunity” and knocked him out of the ring when he tried a superkick. Samoa Joe came down to ref the main event, stopped to stare daggers in Cole, but just moved on to the business at hand. Yet another potential match for Joe if he’s medically cleared. They just can’t stop teasing us with them.

Speaking of which...
We had a backstage segment where Pete Dunne declared himself the baddest man on the entire roster, better than Gargano or Kross, and Timothy Thatcher took exception to this. Dunne responded: “Who’s asking?” Tommaso Ciampa ran in for the answer and both teams got into a wild brawl. Later on after they had been separated Joe was giving his final instructions to Johnny Gargano, and as he walked away in disgust, Dunne was waiting. Okay at this point it’s ridiculous. Either tell us that he’s cleared or stop promoting these matches that we’ll never get to see. Shit or get off the pot.

Kacy Catanzaro & Kayden Carter vs. Jessi Kamea & Aliyah
So here’s how we found out what Mandy Rose was up to — it’s a bit convoluted so bear with me. C&C (Music Factory) picked up the win, at which point an irate Aliyah snapped on Robert Stone and slapped him. He asked her what the hell she was doing, and she said she had done way more for him than he had ever done for her. She slapped him harder and sent him flying across the ring. Then she gave him a thoroughly vicious beating as the crowd roarer their approval. She blew a kiss to the crowd, to Kamea, and left on her own.
At this point Franky Monet came out to pick up the pieces, and a brutalized Stone essentially ceded power to her, letting Kamea leave with her and stumbling along behind. Backstage Monet declared that we wouldn’t have to worry about Aliyah any more as her newly minted flunkies looked on. Mandy Rose walked up, surveyed the situation, and said “It seems like the Robert Stone Brand is under new management.” She and Monet gave each other approving looks. If this doesn’t mean Rose is joining the Franky Monet Brand, then I don’t know what the hell the point of this was. I’m 99.9% sure that’s where it’s going.

Grade: A
This would have been an easy A+ if the main event have been given more time to breathe. There was something incredibly old fashioned about tonight’s show in the best possible way. I miss the days when I used to watch Raw every week and think “Who’s the next challenger? Where’s that relationship going? Why are these people working together?” It has often been said that pro wrestling is a soap opera in spandex, and whether or not you like the comparison, that’s when it really works best — when it sinks its hooks in you and refuses to let go until you get the answers to those questions. My one and only complaint would be to pick a feud for Joe if he’s cleared. Not the whole roster — just one man — hopefully Kross. I really really liked this episode and can’t wait to see what comes NeXT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:47am On Jul 14, 2021
This is getting interesting, please tell us if Joe is cleared cry

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1415156723040587776?s=19
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2021
We've been trapped in the firefly fun house.
pu7pl3:
Una know say MITB na this week? Cos I'm not understanding the quietness here
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Nxt is great as usual but please kross go to raw with your three stars out of five match performances. Purple who's your pick to win MITB?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2021
samistry:
We've been trapped in the firefly fun house.

Ah ah...house that was locked till further notice?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2021
samistry:
Nxt is great as usual but please kross go to raw with your three stars out of five match performances. Purple who's your pick to win MITB?

My pick is either Big e or Ricochet but Drew could also win it..K.O. is a dark horse as he is the most high profile superstar on that line up that hasn't won it...
Riddle is there for cruise grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nezzjnr: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2021
pu7pl3:

Cena's own seems very legit, in a match with Roman but I'm not sure about Brock yet
How do they wanna fix the match since Edge is back

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.