Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (290623 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2021
Debroslink:

Happy birthday brother. More money into your account in this your new year. LLNP too.

Thank you OG
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
pu7pl3:
it's my birthday today guys smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=100naira post=105429180][/quote]

Thanks Gee
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
pu7pl3:

Thanks Gee
we are waiting for small chops and Heineken, on to normal levels cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
100naira:
we are waiting for small chops and Heineken, on to normal levels cheesy

I'm also waiting too comrade grin grin grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 12:58am On Sep 03, 2021
pu7pl3:

I'm also waiting too comrade grin grin grin grin
na sapa? cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2021
100naira:
na sapa? cheesy

You dey ask? E touch my side o grin but we meauve
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:19am On Sep 04, 2021
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

The Smart-EST
The route they’ve decided to go down with Becky Lynch is having her play innocent, confused at folks deeming her the bad guy after SummerSlam came and went. On what she did to Bianca Belair, she simply said “You weren’t ready — that’s on you, not me."
Which, fair play.
Belair’s response to this was to take ownership of the situation. She did what a true blue babyface would do, and while she acknowledged the hurt and upset that came with losing in 26 seconds after everything she did to get herself to that point, she held herself accountable for it.
You know what? It works.
Yeah, she wasn’t ready, and it doesn’t matter the reason, be it Becky acting despicably or not, she’s going to have to hold that L. She won’t be making any excuses for it either. Further, she won’t bring another woman down to bring herself back up. She’ll do things the right way, like earning a rematch, which she did last week, and winning her title back.
She won the crowd over with this promo, a not so small task considering they were just cheering Lynch before she hit the scene. She was positioned well to do so, what with laying out a challenge to have the match right then and there, and Lynch backing off from it for the second time in as many weeks.
I wasn’t initially sure of how this would turn out for Belair considering how it kicked off but she’s absolutely killed it since taking that loss at SummerSlam, especially with her promo this week. Becky’s alignment hardly matters — when Belair has her shoulders down on the mat and the referee is slapping it to count her down, the fans will be wild with hope and anticipation that he’ll get to three.

Demon
You know, one might argue that Brock Lesnar being announced for Friday Night SmackDown next week at Madison Square Garden in New York City could be taken as a spoiler for the result of the Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor title match set for later in the evening on this very same show. But they managed to announce his appearance while using it to help sell the title match.
Reigns, when questioning Heyman about the phone call that led to this information, wanted to know how Paul knew where Brock was when he made that call. Heyman, of course, didn’t have an answer, which meant he could very well be in the building.
Look, no one believed Balor could beat Reigns for the title anyway. Using a possible Lesnar run in to create some doubt is probably the smartest play they had here. It also furthered the issue between the champ and arguably the greatest rival in his career, and nicely set up the show at The Garden next week. Michael Cole called Balor the equivalent of a “trap game” in traditional sports, which is to say he’s not actually all that much of a threat on his own but he’s still good enough to steal one provided the ball bounces his way.
The circumstances they created surrounding the match were the WWE way of making clear the ball could very well bounce his way.
The ball did not bounce his way, of course. He had his chances, and got a nice near fall, but ultimately he got choked out. It’s worth noting he was attacked by The Usos before the match started, so he’s got an out to help explain his defeat, at least.
They also teased the return of The Demon after the match, with the lights going red and that familiar heartbeat hitting the loudspeakers. There’s still plenty of intrigue around Balor coming out of this show.

All the rest
The Usos and The Street Profits cutting promos before their match to open the show reminded me so much just how formula WWE is in general. I won’t waste time complaining about scripted promos but you can really tell these guys are being written, and it just feels inauthentic. Work the gimmick, throw the catchphrase in, generic insult, work the gimmick, close. The ensuing match was also standard fare, ending in a disqualification. This was called a “championship contenders match” and was made clear the Profits would get a title shot for winning. This qualifies, I suppose.

Paul Heyman has Brock Lesnar’s theme as his ringtone! Bah gawd! I like thinking he actually just has it set for Lesnar himself, so he always knows it’s Brock calling when he hears that familiar riff before the drums kick in. The absolute idiocy of it being what exposes him is entertaining to me. Exposes him for what exactly is a question worth asking, and the answer is what makes this story so compelling.
I am fully on board with this thing where Big E shows up in strange places, disguised, just to remind Paul Heyman he has the Money in the Bank contract and could be cashing it in at any time, by the way.

Toni Storm is a confirmed Rick BOOGS fan, which is to say Toni Storm has incredible taste. She also refuted Dolph Ziggler’s advances in revealing as much, which scores her even more points and, again, proves she has incredible taste. BOOGS then went out and beat Ziggler in a singles match, which is great all on its own.

I thought Sonya Deville and Adam Pearce were in a power struggle of sorts? I thought there were issues related to Naomi coming over and there not being any communication of as much? They apparently dropped that completely here.

Seth Rollins said he was going to learn from Edge to get himself back to the Universal championship. I absolutely love that we were meant to take that literally and he’s just straight up stealing his moves in matches now. That includes getting himself disqualified and using a broken chair to choke out Cesaro before teasing a Conchairto that Edge had to save Cesaro from. What I really love about all this is how yes, Rollins is being an absolute shitheel in doing this, but he’s also more or less holding a mirror up to Edge. If he was Edge-lite before, and he’s ramped it up to this now, what does that make him? More importantly, what does that make Edge? Most importantly, what does it mean for the rematch? This is somehow getting even better. Up next: probably another amazing match at The Garden next week.

If there was any doubt at all that you should never, ever cheer for Baron Corbin, they squashed that immediately by having this new Happy Corbin align himself with chief dipshit Logan Paul. The way they played Corbin’s “down on his luck turned success” story was just ambiguous enough that I actually appreciate that they made sure to beat us over the head with just how much of a dick he is and always will be.

They continue outright disrespecting Naomi and it’s pissing me right off. So, mission accomplished there. Let’s hope this leads to something worthwhile.

Dominik Mysterio just can’t seem to figure things out in these matches his dad has set up for him specifically so he can figure things out. He’s gotta stand on his own two feet apart from dear old dad, and all that. How many times does he fail before he turns on dad for setting him up? That sound you hear is the ticking of the clock.
I really like this show.

Grade: B+

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
No CM Punk talk today?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
He's still in the honeymoon faze on AEW. Happy to be back after seven years. He'll make his return to the ring this Sunday against Darby allin.
pu7pl3:
No CM Punk talk today?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
Who has a caption for this?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
New meme

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
Let's laugh a little grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2021
samistry:
He's still in the honeymoon faze on AEW. Happy to be back after seven years. He'll make his return to the ring this Sunday against Darby allin.

Should he win Darby? I want Darby to win
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2021
ValeeLove:
Who has a caption for this?

Come let's grow horns together
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
No way Darby wins. Punk is going over. Ironically if this was wwe, they will accuse them of jobbing young talents to vets.
pu7pl3:

Should he win Darby? I want Darby to win
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2021
samistry:
No way Darby wins. Punk is going over. Ironically if this was wwe, they will accuse them of jobbing young talents to vets.

Exactly, you caught my drift grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2021
AEW allout

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:21am On Sep 06, 2021
pu7pl3:
it's my birthday today guys smiley
happy belated birthday bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:39am On Sep 06, 2021
Qu3sT:

happy belated birthday bro

Thanks latecomer grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2021
Read a conspiracy theory one time that vince secretly owns AEW, which is bollocks btw..
But you have to wonder, why is WWE letting stars go, only for them to end up at AEW. It's like a deliberate attempt to strengthen your competition undecided undecided
Could the theory be true?? grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 9:12am On Sep 06, 2021
Loll... Lemme check it out. Hope it blows my load.
Qu3sT:
AEW allout
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2021
badinfluence:
Read a conspiracy theory one time that vince secretly owns AEW, which is bollocks btw..
But you have to wonder, why is WWE letting stars go, only for them to end up at AEW. It's like a deliberate attempt to strengthen your competition undecided undecided
firstly, tony khan is richer than Vince........secondly, wwe is bigger than aew and will be the number one wrestling promotion in the world for a long time.

They're not strengthening their competition per say, more like aew is providing another option for wrestlers cos I doubt moxley, cole or daniel will think about leaving wwe to another promotion if aew wasn't around.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2021
Qu3sT:

firstly, tony khan is richer than Vince........secondly, wwe is bigger than aew and will be the number one wrestling promotion in the world for a long time.

They're not strengthening their competition per say, more like aew is providing another option for wrestlers cos I doubt moxley, cole or daniel will think about leaving wwe to another promotion if aew wasn't around.
Ok
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2021
Happy belated birthday Pu7pl3. Sorry it's coming late. Grow prosperous and in more wrestling knowledge. Amen. grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2021
ALL I can say is AEW went ALL OUT!!

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Not bad for a pissant company...meanwhile what's going to happen to NXT now?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
What a great time to be a wrestling fan. YES Bay Bay!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
ValeeLove:
ALL I can say is AEW went ALL OUT!!
your favourite moment?

ValeeLove:
It's going to continue dredging on with more lows than highs.

ValeeLove:
What a great time to be a wrestling fan. YES Bay Bay!!
Yes it is.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
ValeeLove:
Happy belated birthday Pu7pl3. Sorry it's coming late. Grow prosperous and in more wrestling knowledge. Amen. grin

Amen Gee...latecomers full this thread sha grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2021
ValeeLove:

I'm also eager to find out, I hope they improve..they have all the star power they need

Post an AEW recap of you can bro, let's know what happened and what's got everyone buzzing
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
badinfluence:

Someone said AEW means all ex WWE grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.