Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288328 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
samistry:
The Maximum Male Models segment instantly bumps up this show to an A+.
I'm getting giddy in anticipation to ValeeLove reaction to this

You know Valee is going to shut it down grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
pu7pl3:

You know Valee is going to shut it down grin
grin you guys are talking behind my back abi?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
samistry:
The Maximum Male Models segment instantly bumps up this show to an A+.
I'm getting giddy in anticipation to ValeeLove reaction to this
I don't follow WWE so I haven't watched the segment. I'll try and check it online, but I'm sure to be dissapointed. Think about it this way, WWE just indirectly told LA that he isn't a good enough wrestler, just a talker. You guys shouldn't get your hopes high, it won't fly. Pu7pl3, look at Cena's segment when he walked to the ring with other wrestlers clapping, I feel really sad to say this, WWE doesn't have any stars anymore. Bianca isn't over as champ for how long now, Becky is in a sorry state, Seth is a clown, so many things don't feel right and I can't pretend. No one, simply no one active is Cena's calibre.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:02am On Jul 03, 2022
ValeeLove:
grin you guys are talking behind my back abi?

Nooo nothing like that boss grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:03am On Jul 03, 2022
ValeeLove:
I don't follow WWE so I haven't watched the segment. I'll try and check it online, but I'm sure to be dissapointed. Think about it this way, WWE just indirectly told LA that he isn't a good enough wrestler, just a talker. You guys shouldn't get your hopes high, it won't fly. Pu7pl3, look at Cena's segment when he walked to the ring with other wrestlers clapping, I feel really sad to say this, WWE doesn't have any stars anymore. Bianca isn't over as champ for how long now, Becky is in a sorry state, Seth is a clown, so many things don't feel right and I can't pretend. No one, simply no one active is Cena's calibre.

Roman Reigns will be bigger than Cena by the time he celebrates his own 20years.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
pu7pl3:

Roman Reigns will be bigger than Cena by the time he celebrates his own 20years.
baba don reach him peak. When Cena was his age, he was setting the world on fire, he wasn't a part-timer and there were other mega stars on the roster. But now we're just managing Reigns, because there's no one else.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
Israel Adesanya defeated Cannonier walking out to Undertaker's theme song, with the signature hat and urn with HHH, Stephanie and Vince McMahon at ringside.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 6:55am On Jul 04, 2022
ValeeLove:
Israel Adesanya defeated Cannonier walking out to Undertaker's theme song, with the hat and urn with HHH, Stephanie and Vince McMahon at ringside.
the young Nigerian also indicated interest in working for WWE in the future as he was a childhood fan.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
ValeeLove:
the young Nigerian also indicated interest in working for WWE in the future as he was a childhood fan.

Soomuch for WWE being dead
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
ValeeLove:
baba don reach him peak. When Cena was his age, he was setting the world on fire, he wasn't a part-timer and there were other mega stars on the roster. But now we're just managing Reigns, because there's no one else.

we will see.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tried posting MITB REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS and both my accounts got banned for my troubles.

I'm happy for Liv tho

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:44pm On Jul 04, 2022
Purpl3:
Tried posting MITB REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS and both my accounts got banned for my troubles.

I'm happy for Liv tho
Fück spermbutt. Was really looking forward to reading it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 11:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
Kaycee7:
Fück spermbutt. Was really looking forward to reading it.

Don't mind Seun and his archaic facilities.
You can read directly from here tho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

Soomuch for WWE being dead
don't take it personal bro. The key word there is "childhood". I don't think he follows the current product, and me, I'll advice him not to. Look at Brock, Ronda and Sheyna. Their stock has gone down since they left. Even bad guys like Ken Shamrock in the 90s.
You guys are pretty intelligent in this group, so I know one day you will understand all I've been saying all along.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:12am On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

someone said Liv Morgan can't get over, because she's too girly, and as a fan I have to agree. She's talented, but that statement still holds water. I hope it all turns out well for her though.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
don't take it personal bro. The key word there is "childhood". I don't think he follows the current product, and me, I'll advice him not to. Look at Brock, Ronda and Sheyna. Their stock has gone down since they left. Even bad guys like Ken Shamrock in the 90s.
You guys are pretty intelligent in this group, so I know one day you will understand all I've been saying all along.

So you think someone that has sustained a childhood dream till now isn't following the current iteration of that dream?
WWE can never die bro...accept it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
someone said Liv Morgan can't get over, because she's too girly, and as a fan I have to agree. She's talented, but that statement still holds water. I hope it all turns out well for her though.

That person is capping, she is already over, almost Becky Lynch levels even.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

As much as I know you hate indecisive finishes, I knew you wouldn't mind the end of that tag match. That match really needed an encore.

Can't say the same for that addendum after Bianca's defense. I really don't want another series of matches with Carmella. We had more than enough of those last year.

The women's MITB match was a mess, if we're being frank. I haven't seen work that horrible from the women's division in a while.

I don't even know why I was surprised that the Bobby/Theory match was that good. They're both talented workers. I should've expected it.

Did you catch that character tease? My mind instantly went to Bray Wyatt but folks on twitter are making a strong case that it's Edge. What do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

One More Road to Cross...
Life after WrestleMania isn’t exactly fun for Becky Lynch. The master of the Big Time can’t get right and keeps coming up short in pursuit of what she believes is her championship. Becky believes Asuka is the author of her all pain. It was Asuka who made her rematch with Bianca Belair a triple threat match at Hell in a Cell. And it’s Asuka who is always lurking.
Asuka, for her part, seemingly made it her mission to make Becky’s life miserable. Asuka believes Becky whines way too much and is so far from the woman who bestowed her the Raw Women’s championship two years ago. If Becky is annoyed, Asuka is disgusted.
But it was Becky who called for a No Holds Barred match. And it was Becky who chose violence when she pulled a table from under the ring before the match even started. Those are touches I love because it’s showing and not telling. Yes, I know Becky hates this woman but illustrating it in a way that serves her character and the match is just good storytelling.
The table, it turns out, was just part of the equation. Asuka and Becky used trash cans, kendo sticks, and chairs as well. Asuka launched a trash can at Becky as her opening salvo! Why hip toss or lock up when you can take out the trash? The other two big moments of the match came courtesy of Asuka superplexing Becky onto a pile of chairs, and, of course, the ending.
In a call back to their match proceeding the Hell in a Cell match, the ending involved a parasol and green mist. Asuka found a parasol under the ring—seriously, who cleans that place?—and Becky snatched it from her. Asuka went for the green mist, which Becky blocked with the parasol. Both women get to the top turnbuckle, with a table positioned directly underneath them. After a bit of a struggle, Becky Manhandle Slams Asuka through the table, getting the W and exorcising her demon.
This was a great way to end the show and a good end to their story. At least for now. I’m not sure what’s next for Asuka. Maybe a change of scenery on Friday nights or a potential feud with Alexa Bliss, which WWE foreshadowed tonight. But Becky wants Bianca’s title. With Carmella, and possibly Rhea Ripley in front of her, we’ll see how David Bowie’s favorite marches forward.

The Rest
Rey and Dom Phone Home
Props to The Judgment Day. They started the match with a surprise attack, which makes all the sense in the world. They’re bad guys; be bad. Their sneak attack got Rey Mysterio and Dominik’s hometown crowd fully on board with the father and son issuing an ass whopping to Damian Priest and a Finn Balor dressed like a member of The Revolution.
This is a weird spot for Damian and Finn. This is their first true outing as a team and Judgment Day’s first test as a unit without Edge. But, clearly, they’re not beating Rey and Dom in their hometown.
WWE split the baby and gave us a DQ finish. Normally I'd complain about that but Rey used Eddie Guerrero’s chair trick, popped the crowd, got the W, while Damian and Finn keep their shoulders off the mat. We also got a vicious post match beatdown courtesy of Judgment Day to boot. So yeah, I’m pleased.

Phenomenal Balls
Miz, as a character, will never out-wrestle AJ Styles. Miz’s only play is outsmarting Styles. For a moment, a very brief moment, Miz found that moment. He used AJ’s momentum against him and threw his head into a middle turnbuckle. But AJ recovered after Miz got in a few licks, and got the W with a Phenomenal Forearm.
Short-lived victory though because the main thing to talk about here is Ciampa. Once again, NXT’s black heart roughed Styles up after the match, giving Miz a chance for the last laugh. After Miz executed a Skull Crushing Finale on Styles, he and Ciampa shook hands. Soo...they’re a thing now? Officially? I’m not sure what they’re doing with Ciampa on the main roster. I’m not even sure they know what they’re doing with him. But at least this is something and hopefully, with Miz, it leads to something more.
Hopefully. I know, I know, just let me dream.

Spotlight
Bianca Belair & Liv Morgan vs. Carmella & Nattie. Before I get to results and who did what to whom, let’s talk about how we got here in as few words as possible.
Liv hit the ring to celebrate her championship. Nattie interrupted and said Liv owes her because without the Sharpshooter injuring Ronda’s knee, Liv isn’t standing there as champ. Liv invited the smoke. Mella came down and said the spotlight is only big enough for her (weird insertion here) and told Liv to get out the ring. Liv, in short: “Make me.” Mella and Nattie double teamed, Bianca hit the ring for the save, and we got a tag match out of it.
Bianca played a supporting role here, as the spotlight truly belonged to the new champion. Bianca and Mella continued their violent dance, while Liv, after getting a very hot tag from Belair, fought her way to hitting an Oblivion on Nattie and getting her first W as champ.
Solid tag match that might give Liv her first contender while Bianca and Mella keep hating each other.

That’s Gonna Leave a Stain
I knew there was more. Ezekiel and Seth Rollins got it on over a ketchup stain. Actually, a very big ketchup stain. WWE did their annual 4th of July party and Zeke, unfortunately, sprayed ketchup all over Seth’s all-white outfit. Seth laughed like a lunatic after seething for a few tense moments. Seth challenged Zeke to a match—for revenge—and the two put on a pretty damn good bout. But Elias and Rollins always worked well together in the ring.
Seth found an opening and got the W after Zeke scared him several times during the match. But I knew there was more. Seth made his way back to the ring for more revenge, only for Riddle to appear out of nowhere with an RKO to the man forever known as Franklin Rollins.
Riddle and Seth at SummerSlam sounds like a really fun time with the right story in place.

The Hurler
Fans of Wayne’s World know all about “hurl” and what it means. Some of you may even know about the roller coaster named in honor of Wayne and Garth, “The Hurler.” Why am I bringing up random ‘90s trivia? Because the minute Angelo Dawkins and Otis competed in a hot dog eating contest, the hurl was inevitable. Otis ate 23 hot dogs while Dawkins downed 22. Neither man won since Tozawa ate about 40. Anyway, this was prior to both men competing in a six-man tag match. Lashley teamed with the Profits while Theory joined the Alpha Academy.
Shocker, this was a fun tag match between six good wrestlers. Eventually, the match broke down, as six-man tags often do, and Otis was isolated. Now, through the entire match, Otis held his stomach. So you can guess what happened after the big man suffered a spear from Lashley and a frog splash from Montez Ford.
Grant it, Otis survived the attacks and eventually, his partner took the pin after eating a massive Lashley spear. But after the match? Otis hurled. And it was disgusting. But props for following through on Chekov’s hot dog.
As an aside, the Profits are still rightly upset at how their Money in the Bank tag match ended, and Theory challenged Lashley to a United States championship rematch at SummerSlam.

Raw gave us some good stuff this week. We got some SummerSlam table setting, with quality matches. I can always do without the obvious time-filling video packages and the less said about that Gunther/R-Truth match the better. That said, if there is a big knock on the show, it’s that nothing truly major happened. This wasn’t a newsy show when it should be with SummerSlam still three weeks away. One of WWE’s weaknesses is sustaining momentum for stories over that period of time. As a result, they normally rush into the actual storytelling aspect one week away from a big show, which isn’t ideal.

Grade: B-

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2022
Kaycee7:

As much as I know you hate indecisive finishes, I knew you wouldn't mind the end of that tag match. That match really needed an encore.

Can't say the same for that addendum after Bianca's defense. I really don't want another series of matches with Carmella. We had more than enough of those last year.

The women's MITB match was a mess, if we're being frank. I haven't seen work that horrible from the women's division in a while.

I don't even know why I was surprised that the Bobby/Theory match was that good. They're both talented workers. I should've expected it.

Did you catch that character tease? My mind instantly went to Bray Wyatt but folks on twitter are making a strong case that it's Edge. What do you think?

That tag match was instantly the match of the night tbh..the USOS never seem to have any bad matches, they are awesome.

And yea I caught the tease bruh, I initially thought it was Gable Stevenson cos of the medal but I also went to twitter and people were saying it's edge cos of the Jeff Hardy sleeves and Dudley glasses.
I also caught the Latino heat plates so I think we should just wait and see grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2022
Purpl3:

That person is capping, she is already over, almost Becky Lynch levels even.
let me put it this way, she lacks *in Vince McMahon's voice* ruthless aggression. She doesn't have that killer instinct. She's too nice, too relaxed. She doesn't feel strong enough. She has shocked me in the past with her in-ring skill. But if she focuses less on modelling and more on in-ring ability, maybe something will change.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
ValeeLove:
let me put it this way, she lacks *in Vince McMahon's voice* ruthless aggression. She doesn't have that killer instinct. She's too nice, too relaxed. She doesn't feel strong enough. She has shocked me in the past with her in-ring skill. But if she focuses less on modelling and more on in-ring ability, maybe something will change.

I don't see it tho.
I think she looks like a Champion.
I don't know if she focuses on modelling but I know she is really good in the ring.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2022
WWE NXT GAB REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Shoulder the Load Broken Bron
Was Bron Breakker 100 percent? That was the question on the minds of everyone going into the NXT championship match. Cameron Grimes didn’t believe Bron’s answer; he knew that shoulder was a wreck. So when the two men finally met in the squared circle, they played a game of cat and very big mouse. Grimes went for the shoulder almost immediately while Bron, still fresh, pulled away so many times. Once, he even found himself shocked at Grimes’ strategy. Don’t really know why since the man told him, and the world, what he planned and how he planned to do it.
Grimes, for the most part, wrestled a slower pace than usual as a way to grind Bron down. He knew the longer the match went, the less stamina in Bron’s tank to protect that shoulder. And Bron was clearly hurting.
He barely pulled off any power moves requiring two hands. That military press he loves? Nope. Shoulder tackles with the right shoulder? Also nope. Even right-handed punches were out of the question. Grimes, over time, shut down the entire right side of Bron’s arsenal through submission holds, kicks, bunches, and a really dope cannonball on the outside of the ring where Grimes crashed right into Bron’s right side. It was pinpoint accuracy with perfect timing. Bron got his licks in as well because, well, duh. But Grimes controlled most of the match since he, in effect, fought a one-armed man.
But that one-armed man proved Grimes wrong: He has plenty of heart. No matter what Grimes did to that shoulder, no matter how much pain he was in, he kept going and fought through every wince. Even when his own moves, like a spine buster, did more harm to him than Grimes, he kept going. But nothing hit harder than Bron kicking out of the Cave In.
After getting slammed into the ring post right shoulder first, Bron turned around to get a Cave In for his troubles. And yet, he didn’t go down. Grimes was stunned but not dismayed. The Grimey man took to the top rope for the Super Cave In—that’s what I’m calling it now—but Bron was ready. The champ speared his challenger in mid-air, and got the pin.
Great match that had everything: Good storytelling, good psychology, high drama, stakes, and an explosive finish.
Speaking of explosive...JD McDonagh lied to us. Earlier during the Bash, he told us he is making his debut next week. Yeah, well, next week is actually this week. As Bron celebrated in a lot of pain, JD jumped the champ. JD told Bron that all of his promos were meant for one man: Bron Breakker.
This should be good and a great follow-up to this little pitstop with Grimes. Grimes, at this point, might need to move on to the main roster or get into a tag team in NXT. He lost two big title matches back-to-back and is aimless at this point. Which is unfortunate because clearly the man can go and always shows up big in huge moments.
Peep the match.

The Answer
Carmelo Hayes honored Allen Iverson at The Great American Bash with his ring attire. Iverson’s gritty and flamboyant style is part of the reason he’s a basketball legend. Also, there’s the whole “shoot and don’t miss” thing. Melo’s match with Grayson Waller didn’t have much in common with any game AI played, but it was just as memorable as one of his many big games during his career.
Waller and Melo did the damn thing, which should shock no one reading this. Words won’t do it justice. In fact, the ending, while good in its own right, wasn’t even needed. But it played into the fact both men play dirty when they need to do so.
Waller went for his running Stunner. Trick stood in his way just long enough to give Melo time to get himself together. But while Trick ran his mouth in front of Waller, Wes Lee attacked Trick from the crowd. Why did Wes do that? You gotta keep reading for that but trust me, Trick had it coming.
Once Waller finally rolled into the ring, Trick countered it with a beautiful Codebreaker. Hayes went for the Nothing But Net and that was that.
Fantastic match because anything Melo is in at this point works. Waller, no slouch of his own, brought all of his A-game.

The Rest
And NEW...
First off, shoutout to the ref’s hightop fade. Somewhere, Christopher Reid (Kid of Kid ‘N Play) is smiling.
The story with every Toxic Attraction match is how their opponents deal with the numbers game. The matches inevitably become semi-triple threat bouts. Roxanne Perez & Cora Jade understood that better than most, as their history with Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne is layered as hell. So, for most of their tag team championship match, they just hung around. They withstood TA’s best attacks and their cheating, while waiting for Mandy Rose to overstep that line.
She is, after all, a habitual line stepper.
Mandy’s interference came in the most blatant way: She pulled the referee out of the match while he counted Jacy’s shoulders on the mat. Mandy’s arrogance resulted in the ref spending so much time with her that it allowed Cora & Roxanne to gain the upper hand.
One Pop Rox later, we have new tag team champs.
Solid opening match with the right finish: Toxic Attraction’s usual tricks finally bit them in their asses. Cora and Roxanne earned that W, but we’ll see how Toxic Attraction deals with their first big loss in God knows how long. Especially with Roxanne issuing her challenge to Mandy Rose for the Women’s championship.
Next. Week. How solid is this friendship between the two “best friends”?

Trick Willy Style
Trick Williams is a special cat. His star shined the brightest during his match with Wes Lee. It followed the usual NXT 2.0 formula of a short match following a lengthy opening, while showcasing some solid wrestling from both men. But Trick’s character carried the whole thing. The Muhammad Ali homages not withstanding, the man did everything a heel should do. He cheated, he lied, and he even used rubbing alcohol. Yes, he rubbed alcohol in Wes’ eyes. That was the prelude to a mean Mortal Kombat-style kick—shoutout to Lash Legend—and Trick vanquishing Lee.
When he’s on, Trick makes everything better.

Stratonfaction
Wendy Choo chose violence early. While Tiffany Stratton was in the makeup chair, Wendy attacked like KRS-One. Wendy and Tiffany beat the hell out of each other on their way to the ring, starting the match earlier than scheduled.
They put on a good match too. Wendy always shows she’s more than a punchline when she gets in the ring, while Tiffany keeps getting better and is so good with character moments. Tiffany got the W after working Wendy’s hurt hand for most of the match. I want Wendy to get some Ws under her onesie belt, but Tiffany walking out victorious is the right move here.

Diamond Mine 4 Life?
Very physical tag match between “teammates,” right? The Bros. Creed defended their tag team championships against their Diamond brethren Roderick Strong and Damon Kemp. Julius and Brutus have no beef with Kemp; Strong is the thorn in their side. And, of course, Strong did his best to get under their skin. He cheated, he talked trash, and he blamed them for any underhanded move he made. Spoken like a true leader, I suppose. Well, no I don’t suppose. Strong sucks as a leader and with the Creed Boys getting the W, along with all the pressure Ivy Nile feels as she holds this thing together with rubber bands and bubblegum, one wonders how long Strong remains in the group, much less in charge.
Solid, physical tag match befitting the styles of all men.

CHASE UK
Chase U is invading the UK!

QR Madness
8:10:11.
NXT flashed a QR code during the show and I, of course, scanned it because that’s my job. No, not to scan things, but inform you of all the important things. So, yeah, that’s what the message was. Sound off in the comments with your guesses. The right guess gets absolutely nothing but the respect and admiration of everyone else.

Laid up with the Fishes
We got a Elektra Lopez sighting this week! But apparently that means Santos Escobar can’t be in the same place with her at the same time. Tony D’Angelo says he put Santos in the hospital for his disobedience. Okay, sure.

Grade: B+ 

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2022
Can't believe I'm saying this but the reviews I have for SMACKDOWN today is that it was lame AF.
I don't know if it's cos of all the things Valeelove has been feeding me here but I just couldn't get into it even with Roman returning cry

Grade: F
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by BigSarah(f): 1:06pm On Jul 09, 2022
pu7pl3:
Can't believe I'm saying this but the reviews I have for SMACKDOWN today is that it was lame AF.
I don't knownifuts cosnif all the things Valeelove has been feeding me here but I just couldn't get into it even with Roman returning cry

Personally I feel, WWE has lost quality since 2016..

Who knows where I can download WWE from 2015 to 2011
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2022
BigSarah:

Personally I feel, WWE has lost quality since 2016..

Who knows where I can download WWE from 2015 to 2011

I don't think that's possible
Just use the money for that data and subscribe to WWE channel undecided
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by BigSarah(f): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

I don't think that's possible
Just use the money for that data and subscribe to WWE channel undecided

Thanks
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
pu7pl3:
I don't know if it's cos of all the things Valeelove has been feeding me here but I just couldn't get into it even with Roman returning cry

I laughed a bit while reading this. My intention over the last months was not to make anybody feel bad, but to educate and enlighten wrestling fans and customers. And no, I am not some wrestling expert. I'm not a sport or entertainment guru, I'm even yet to own a business of my own. But in this dispensation those are irrelevant because the things I speak of ONLY require a brain to know and understand. They are commonsensical matters. People say prowrestling is entertainment hence the shinanegans are excused, I say prowrestling is sports and entertainment so the 2 elements shouldn't be neglected. But today there is little to less sport in it, the guys are mainly actors and choreographers; but when we surprisingly see sport(reality/shoot), our attention is gotten in a way that it hasn't over the long times of our viewing. And for many of us, we watch for the shoot angles only. People like Reigns' character because they feel he's real. It might be for a show, but maybe he's somewhat that backstage. It's the same reason CM Punk's pipe bomb blew up in popularity.

What Should WWE Look Like?

Since everyone in that company wants entertainment over sport, I propose 70% of entertainment and 30% of sport. Have a show that tells a movie-like story and ends up as a match in an arena. The story is not restricted to backstage areas alone and the camera is not acknowledged, like a movie. Not the perfect example, but see Adam Page's rise to prominence as an example. The only issue was the stories were told on a YouTube show and not on TV. The Attitude Era did a bit of this, it's no wonder why people liked it. Do this and you'll have your entertainment over sport and it will be ENJOYABLE, unlike the current product. The only downside is that your workers will be referred to as actors or mostly actors since it's more of entertainment.
If you want a real pro-wrestling product of equal emphasis on sport and entertainment without one going over the other, then what you need is a sports-based product(a slang though). What it means is that the story is between a good character and a bad character that is developed in a sports based form i.e like a real sport. There are no movie-like storylines here. No scripts. No choreography. Only predetermination which is based on who draws more money or who is a better performer. That way there is real sport competition going on there and the better performer not only goes over, but makes more money. Imagine how guys will work with this setting.
Yes I know, it wasn't like this in the past, but the truth is:
1. Pro-wrestling was built on the deceit that it was 100% real. So when you viewed trash, you didn't know it was so cos you had been coarsed to think it was a 100% real. That's why it grew and grows less popular as people are discovering the truth. It was also the reason why the movie-like story telling sold, cos if you thought it was 100% real and you saw a bad guy attack a good guy from behind or cheat to win or the Dusty finish or a brawl or anyother movie-like storyline we have grown to accept as normal which back then was a big deal, you were bound to give huge attention to it and their profit would skyrocket. These were the reason for the strict laws of kayfabe, cos if people knew the truth, people's source of livelyhood was threatened. You get it now? Let's give them a fake product, hotshot it, make tons of money quickly, keep our mouths shut and we'll keep on making money; if only they knew the internet was coming. So what happened after the hotshotting, the same thing that happens to anything hotshotted, people get bored of it and eventually see through it. But the funniest part and the irony is that the hotshotting which was used as a scam in the early days of Pro-wrestling is what we've grown to normalize today. It's what you Purpl3 refer to as "shenanigans". It's real shenanigans, it's also trash. That's like saying "we know you deceived us in the past when we didn't know the truth, now we know the truth and we oblidge to being continuously deceived because we never want to stop living in the illusion you created for us and we want to keep on having the same feeling we did back then" and that feeling will NEVER come no matter how many times you watch. Also that example is likened to drug addiction.
It's the reason why my proposal to the wrestling world seems boring. They've been used to hotshotted stuffs so much so that when they eventually hear of simple, true, real and effective methods they are quick to rebuke it and see such as boring. Back then when I used to watch the Ruthless Aggression era and I would watch matches with blood, hardcore and gimmick. And when it was time to watch a regular wrestling match, it felt boring and downright unwatchable. That's a serious problem. You claim to be a wrestling fan and yet can't do without gimmicks, can't do without the movie-like stories, can't do without gimmick matches even though you are well aware that you'll see good wrestling. It shows nothing else, but indoctrination into a wrong mindset about wrestling and only a re-learning and reorientation will enable people to know the truth.
2. Like every other part of life, we simply have to move on.
I'm not saying all about the old-timers was bad. They knew how to work, they knew how to talk, they could act. They were just a bit greedy and maybe confused. "Confused" is the word to describe modern wrestling. Confusion is not just relative to fans alone, even to the promoters. In where you work Purpl3, what does it take to get to the top? I'm sure you're not confused about that or about any other course of venture in life. Professional wrestling is the only venture where it isn't known what makes wrestlers successful, what 'gets them over'. In WWE they even had to make a word for it to show their cluelessness; they call it the "It" factor. What a load of trash. They are as confused as the fans, either that or they are scammers themselves. And that's why I strongly believe the business will go down or be sold in the long run and the signs are showing.
At the end of the day I can't tell you what to watch, but I hope I've if nothing else, demonstrated common sense.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
ValeeLove:
I laughed a bit while reading this. My intention over the last months was not to make anybody feel bad, but to educate and enlighten wrestling fans and customers. And no, I am not some wrestling expert. I'm not a sport or entertainment guru, I'm even yet to own a business of my own. But in this dispensation those are irrelevant because the things I speak of ONLY require a brain to know and understand. They are commonsensical matters. People say prowrestling is entertainment hence the shinanegans are excused, I say prowrestling is sports and entertainment so the 2 elements shouldn't be neglected. But today there is little to less sport in it, the guys are mainly actors and choreographers; but when we surprisingly see sport(reality/shoot), our attention is gotten in a way that it hasn't over the long times of our viewing. And for many of us, we watch for the shoot angles only. People like Reigns' character because they feel he's real. It might be for a show, but maybe he's somewhat that backstage. It's the same reason CM Punk's pipe bomb blew up in popularity.

What Should WWE Look Like?

Since everyone in that company wants entertainment over sport, I propose 70% of entertainment and 30% of sport. Have a show that tells a movie-like story and ends up as a match in an arena. The story is not restricted to backstage areas alone and the camera is not acknowledged, like a movie. Not the perfect example, but see Adam Page's rise to prominence as an example. The only issue was the stories were told on a YouTube show and not on TV. The Attitude Era did a bit of this, it's no wonder why people liked it. Do this and you'll have your entertainment over sport and it will be ENJOYABLE, unlike the current product. The only downside is that your workers will be referred to as actors or mostly actors since it's more of entertainment.
If you want a real pro-wrestling product of equal emphasis on sport and entertainment without one going over the other, then what you need is a sports-based product(a slang though). What it means is that the story is between a good character and a bad character that is developed in a sports based form i.e like a real sport. There are no movie-like storylines here. No scripts. No choreography. Only predetermination which is based on who draws more money or who is a better performer. That way there is real sport competition going on there and the better performer not only goes over, but makes more money. Imagine how guys will work with this setting.
Yes I know, it wasn't like this in the past, but the truth is:
1. Pro-wrestling was built on the deceit that it was 100% real. So when you viewed trash, you didn't know it was so cos you had been coarsed to think it was a 100% real. That's why it grew and grows less popular as people are discovering the truth. It was also the reason why the movie-like story telling sold, cos if you thought it was 100% real and you saw a bad guy attack a good guy from behind or cheat to win or the Dusty finish or a brawl or anyother movie-like storyline we have grown to accept as normal which back then was a big deal, you were bound to give huge attention to it and their profit would skyrocket. These were the reason for the strict laws of kayfabe, cos if people knew the truth, people's source of livelyhood was threatened. You get it now? Let's give them a fake product, hotshot it, make tons of money quickly, keep our mouths shut and we'll keep on making money; if only they knew the internet was coming. So what happened after the hotshotting, the same thing that happens to anything hotshotted, people get bored of it and eventually see through it. But the funniest part and the irony is that the hotshotting which was used as a scam in the early days of Pro-wrestling is what we've grown to normalize today. It's what you Purpl3 refer to as "shenanigans". It's real shenanigans, it's also trash. That's like saying "we know you deceived us in the past when we didn't know the truth, now we know the truth and we oblidge to being continuously deceived because we never want to stop living in the illusion you created for us and we want to keep on having the same feeling we did back then" and that feeling will NEVER come no matter how many times you watch. Also that example is likened to drug addiction.
It's the reason why my proposal to the wrestling world seems boring. They've been used to hotshotted stuffs so much so that when they eventually hear of simple, true, real and effective methods they are quick to rebuke it and see such as boring. Back then when I used to watch the Ruthless Aggression era and I would watch matches with blood, hardcore and gimmick. And when it was time to watch a regular wrestling match, it felt boring and downright unwatchable. That's a serious problem. You claim to be a wrestling fan and yet can't do without gimmicks, can't do without the movie-like stories, can't do without gimmick matches even though you are well aware that you'll see good wrestling. It shows nothing else, but indoctrination into a wrong mindset about wrestling and only a re-learning and reorientation will enable people to know the truth.
2. Like every other part of life, we simply have to move on.
I'm not saying all about the old-timers was bad. They knew how to work, they knew how to talk, they could act. They were just a bit greedy and maybe confused. "Confused" is the word to describe modern wrestling. Confusion is not just relative to fans alone, even to the promoters. In where you work Purpl3, what does it take to get to the top? I'm sure you're not confused about that or about any other course of venture in life. Professional wrestling is the only venture where it isn't known what makes wrestlers successful, what 'gets them over'. In WWE they even had to make a word for it to show their cluelessness; they call it the "It" factor. What a load of trash. They are as confused as the fans, either that or they are scammers themselves. And that's why I strongly believe the business will go down or be sold in the long run and the signs are showing.
At the end of the day I can't tell you what to watch, but I hope I've if nothing else, demonstrated common sense.

This guy just basically said I'm a fool and that I choose to remain so.
Issorite
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Can I Live?
Anyone familiar with that JAY-Z song knows Jay framed the 1996 tune around desperation. Hence, the question. I think of that desperation when it relates to Dolph Ziggler as a character and whatever is happening in Raw’s main event scene. Follow me for a bit.
Theory & Seth Rollins teamed against Bobby Lashley & Riddle. Okay, that makes sense. All four men have beef and the alignments are natural. We even got Bobby Lashley lying his ass off when he told Riddle he watched Stranger Things 4. You ain’t gotta lie to kick it, Lashley. SummerSlam is two weeks away and I’m not sure what we get from this, but hey, I don’t run a billion dollar company. All four men did good work, putting on a solid match. What hurt them is the fact there were no stakes. Bragging rights can only get you but so far and momentum truly means nothing in a world where 50/50 booking is the annoying rule of day.
But then along came Dolph Ziggler and that’s when the desperation really hit. Ziggler sat ringside for most of the match. He didn’t explain himself. didn’t ask questions, didn’t do anything but sit. The last time we saw him, Ziggler and his partner were in the beginnings of a thing with MVP and Omos. Now, Dolph is flying solo.
At that point, the match became less important than the man watching the match. Lashley did his usual spear spot into the barricade on Seth, leaving Theory alone with Riddle. The two countered each other’s finishers and then Theory gained the upper hand. Since he’s a bad guy, of course he put his feet on the ropes while going for a roll up pin. But, to the shock of everyone, Dolph pushed his feet off the rope. A shocked Theory fell victim to a Riddle’s RKO and ate a clean pin in the middle of the ring.
So the Money in the Bank winner not only lost a match for his team, but ended the show on his back with Ziggler—seemingly a babyface— looking at him with contempt.
I’m confused. Mystery is good and we don’t need answers to everything immediately, but this is just weird. As I said, the the guy holding the briefcase taking a pin like that is always odd. It’s doubly odd with Ziggler involved because was M.I.A. for months. I’m a fan of what Ziggler did in NXT. He did wonders for Bron and Ciampa, then did the favors on his way out. But this is just confusing. The explanation better be fantastic because if not, this reeks of the last act of a desperate man, clinging to the spotlight with a pinky finger.
Dolph’s appearance was indicative of a show that seemed discombobulated in several respects. But we’ll get to those further down the list.

How Do U Want It?
Brock Lesnar doesn’t show up to Raw without destroying someone. He stepped into San Antonio, cowboy hat on his head, and sent a message to Roman Reigns. Of course, Paul Heyman was on hand because Roman, much like Garfield, hates Mondays. Paul is good at job, which you know. Heyman gassed Brock something serious, stating that this Last Man Standing match is perfect for his former client.
Even when it’s about Roman and Brock, it’s still about Brock and Paul. That said, even when they’re both on their A-game, they’re running out of new things to say. Maybe that’s a result of a seven-year battle. Maybe it’s because the best moments in the Roman and Brock saga are physical and no words do them justice. Much like other feuds in the show getting long in the tooth, WWE threw in some other ingredients for spice. Namely, Theory and Alpha Academy.
We got a lot of Theory this week. And you know what? He’s dull as dishwater. He’s got the goods in the ring but his mic delivery is more wooden-laden than an episode of Angry Beavers and he doesn’t have a presence. Put him in the ring with Lesnar, Lashley, or even Riddle and Seth Rollins, and it’s painfully obvious he doesn’t have that undefinable spark. Lesnar invited him to fight since Theory talked about his cash in plans. Theory, shockingly, said nah. But you know who didn’t?
Chad Gable and Otis.
You know what happened here. Lesnar pummeled Chad and gave Otis one hell of an F5 through the commentary table. While the monitors were still hooked up, no less. For that moment alone, the segment at least gets a passing grade. Lesnar lifting Otis like a child and executing that move in that fashion is always worth the price of admission.

The Rest
Judgment Day
I need more from Judgment Day. Corey Graves mentioned on commentary that their motives are still mysterious and no one knows what this “change” looks like.
Agreed, Graves. And we don’t agree on much. Outside of that leather jacket you wear because that’s a great choice.
We got a bit of that tonight before Finn Balor and Rey Mysterio squared off in the middle of the ring. Damian Priest and Finn told Dominik his old man is washed. In no uncertain terms, it’s time for Dom to leave that zero and get with some heroes. Dom said nah and the fight commenced. The main issue with the group isn’t the wrestlers. Finn and Rey wrestled a good match because duh. And the story of the young (ish) battling the old guard for supremacy and for the loyalty of a family member is an easy one to tell effectively. The problem is Damian isn’t a good mouthpiece for the group. Finn could be that person, but he wasn’t too hot this week. And Rhea is on the shelf. None of them have Edge’s presence. Even their music doesn’t fit them; it fits Edge.
The group went from cool to corny real quick. And I think it’s because their roles aren’t defined. With Edge, it’s easy to see how everyone fits. Without him, they look like an island of misfit toys. Even when Finn injured Rey’s knee during the match, I never believed Finn would take advantage. Yes, he got the win, but there was no viciousness. No bite. No nastiness.
Corey mentioned how powerful this group is without us having any actual proof of said power. Therein lies the issue: WWE keeps telling us instead of showing us.

Spend a Little Doe
Carmella and Bianca Belair put on a very good match. Mella is underrated in the ring and always serves her character well. I want their beef to keep going because of matches like this. What I don’t want, however, is Becky interfering in the proceedings. Of course, that’s exactly what WWE provided this week. This isn’t me dissing Becky, either. I just want a women’s championship feud independent of the Big Time. She sat ringside while Mella and Bianca wrestled, then distracted Bianca. The ref counted to 10 and Mella picked up a count out victory over the champ. Mella celebrated like she won the championship which is perfectly in-character if not kinda stupid. In fact, the only thing I didn’t like about the match was the ending.

All Eyez on Me
Ciampa wants the spotlight. That’s why he hitched his wagon to Miz’s star. It’s weak but it’s better than the nothing we got for weeks. Right? Right. The weird part was Miz calling out Logan Paul. Miz told his former partner if he doesn’t change his tune, then Miz will find another tag partner to scale WWE heights. So, let me get this straight: Miz asked his old partner to come back to him in front of his new partner? Spoken like a man with tiny balls.
As an aside, Miz tripped over his words several times during Miz TV. It’s only worth mentioning because the man is so good and rarely, if ever, fudges up. Anyway, Ciampa and Miz’s handicap match with AJ Styles became a tag match when Ezekiel came to the ring. Zeke used the moment to introduce himself to AJ, a man whom his brother speaks very highly.
Zeke got involved but this was all about AJ, Miz and Ciampa. When AJ trapped Miz in the calf crusher, Ciampa rushed in for the save. The problem, however, is he didn’t let up. Miz and Ciampa were disqualified, meaning they get to live and fight for another day.

Big Momma Thang
When it looked like Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan might form a tag team. the latter won a championship and went to SmackDown. What a bum. Asuka is taking her place, at least that’s how it seems right now. The two faced Doudrop & Nikki A.S.H. this week and picked up the W. Good for them but this Doudrop and Nikki thing is going nowhere. For a quick minute—very quick—we got some story on their team up. Now they just come out together, get divided, and lose. More importantly, with the women’s tag titles in, ahem, stasis, a tag match between four women is pointless.

Do It Again
This might be the point where Raw fell off the cliff for me. WWE interrupted our regularly scheduled Usos/Street Profits singles match in prep for a tag match programming with R-Truth and Omos. While it didn’t make sense, it was at least a wrinkle in the same story beats we got for weeks leading to Money in the Bank. Seriously, you can cut both teams’ promos from June, past them in July, and nothing changes. Truth’s presence added levity to the situation. But it went on too long.
Then Omos came out of nowhere and my eyes almost rolled into the back of my head like the Undertaker. And just like that, the tag team match morphed into a six-man tag match. The good guys took on the bad guys and the bad guys won. More importantly. Omos pinned Angelo Dawkins. I don’t get it. There’s a tag match between the Profits and the Usos in just two weeks. Why involve Omos? Why pin any of them? How do Omos and Truth advance this story? Why do any of it at all?

I promised to keep it all the way real with you guys, so yeah. This show bored me almost to tears. Bianca, Mella, and Lesnar slamming Otis through a table not withstanding, this show just didn’t move me. SummerSlam is two weeks away and Raw feels no less special now than it does on a random Monday in May.

Grade: D

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.