Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (291319 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2022
samistry:
Rock feuded with hurricane, undertaker won the hardcore title, stone cold had a cowboy sing along with Kurt angle during his heel run.
No matter how super serious we want to take it. Wrestling is still grown men playing fight in their underwear grin
I dare anyone here to search "Jim Cornette" on YouTube and hear his reviews of wrestling weekly programs like RAW and Dynamite and I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be seeing wrestling differently henceforth. He has been in the business since the 70s, managed tag team legends like The Midnight Express, he's Paul Heyman's colleague and mate and even though we have little differences in opinion he's light years more sensible than modern wrestling logic. Take a listen, you'll get it.
And those things you mentioned were actually one of the lowest points of their individual careers.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:47am On Jun 08, 2022
samistry:
Rock feuded with hurricane, undertaker won the hardcore title, stone cold had a cowboy sing along with Kurt angle during his heel run.
No matter how super serious we want to take it. Wrestling is still grown men playing fight in their underwear grin

Lol that's facts and that's why we love ut cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2022
ValeeLove:
I dare anyone here to search "Jim Cornette" on YouTube and hear his reviews of wrestling weekly programs like RAW and Dynamite and I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be seeing wrestling differently henceforth. He has been in the business since the 70s, managed tag team legends like The Midnight Express, he's Paul Heyman's colleague and mate and even though we have little differences in opinion he's light years more sensible than modern wrestling logic. Take a listen, you'll get it.
And those things you mentioned were actually one of the lowest points of their individual careers.

What you might see as a low point for The Rock is actually the highest point for Hurricane.
In Pro-wrestling the wrestlers are meant to elevate each other and that's what Becky did on RAW, Jim can talk all he wants but if people/wrestlers were not sacrificed for Becky or The Rock or any too star they wouldn't be where they are right now and it's only fair for them to come down once in a while and help elevate others.
That 24/7 title scene immediately felt important just by Becky's involvement on RAW. I don't know which other logic you're looking for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2022
The same Jim cornette that was fired in OVW wrestling for slapping santino because he refused to sell being scared of the Boogeyman. Jim Cornette was also fired in TNA, fired in NWA powerrr.
Even your mecca of wrestling njpw wouldn't touch him with a stick anymore.
The point at the end of the day is wrestling is a niche. No matter how hard you try to paint it as real or sportslike.
ValeeLove:
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2022
samistry:
The same Jim cornette that was fired in OVW wrestling for slapping santino because he refused to sell being scared of the Boogeyman. Jim Cornette was also fired in TNA, fired in NWA powerrr.
Even your mecca of wrestling njpw wouldn't touch him with a stick anymore.
The point at the end of the day is wrestling is a niche. No matter how hard you try to paint it as real or sportslike.
yeah. That same Cornette. You wanna look at his character, the floor is yours. You wanna look at his wrestling expertise, you can do that too. During his short time in OVW was what made Brock, Cena, Orton and Batista. You can't take that away from him. From what I heard Santino refused to act serious, and what happened to his career afterwards?(not like I support Cornette's action).
He dislikes NJPW because of their strong-style(and it's well deserved. I dislike it too). How was TNA after he left? How was ROH after he left? Where is ROH now? Go and watch Tyler Black(Seth Rollins) vs Davie Richards and see the kind of matches Cornette was putting out. How is TNA doing? What about NWA Powerrrrrrrr? Cornette isn't the perfect being, but he's intelligent and knows so much about wrestling more than all of us here combined.
You could give atleast called NJPW "my Jerusalem".
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2022
pu7pl3:

What you might see as a low point for The Rock is actually the highest point for Hurricane.
In Pro-wrestling the wrestlers are meant to elevate each other and that's what Becky did on RAW, Jim can talk all he wants but if people/wrestlers were not sacrificed for Becky or The Rock or any too star they wouldn't be where they are right now and it's only fair for them to come down once in a while and help elevate others.
That 24/7 title scene immediately felt important just by Becky's involvement on RAW. I don't know which other logic you're looking for.
and Hurricane ended up becoming a World Champ. It might be good for a comedy movie, but it doesn't belong in professional wrestling is all I'm saying.
I dislike the idea of coming down to 'put guys over' and I'll explain that if you want me to. But one of the reason is because it reduces your status as a wrestler(whether you like it or not). If you want me to shed more light on that, I'll gladly do it.
Becky just soiled her hands for an irredeemable championship. I'm still yet to watch it though, so I'll reserve my comments.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
Not everyone can become world champion however,most folks remember hurricane for that feud as it out him into limelight.

Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon never won the world championship, Rowdy piper and Dustin Rhodes didn't either yet they are more memorable than someone like Jinder Mahal who did.

The rock lost to hurricane by interference and it advanced the story for rock vs stone cold while also making a moment for the hurricane.

Despite dropping the hurricane gimmick later on for a more serious one.
Gregory helms went on to having arguably the longest cruiserweight run.
Yet, everyone still remembers the hurricane gimmick for than the cruiserweight championship run.

Wrestling is about give and take, someone made you hence you do same for another.
By your logic, the rock, stone cold and other guys that came up during the attitude era would not become the stars if main guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels not put them over.
There was no bigger primadonna during the attitude era like Shawn Michaels yet even he put over stonecold at WrestleMania.
Hulk Hogan put over a young Brock Lesnar.
Triple H was made after defeating Cactus jack in a hell in a cell match.
Would Kazuchika Okada become the ace of njpw if Hiroshi Tanashashi not put him over?

Would Eddie Guerrero win as champion be momentful had Brock Lesnar not put him over?
Why didn't Brock make excuses and say Eddie is too small to pin him?
Chris Jericho greatest moment was winning stone cold and the rock for two championships the same night.

There's a story with Becky Lynch fighting for the 24/7 championship that you aren't seeing?
She is desperate to become a champion so bad that she would contend for even the lowest one.
Her contending for it and losing it by interference also furthers the asuka feud.
Her loss to Dana Brooke is a small bump in the road that doesn't dimisnish her star power.
Becky Lynch is already made and nothing can change that.

ValeeLove:
and Hurricane ended up becoming a World Champ. It might be good for a comedy movie, but it doesn't belong in professional wrestling is all I'm saying.
I dislike the idea of coming down to 'put guys over' and I'll explain that if you want me to. But one of the reason is because it reduces your status as a wrestler(whether you like it or not). If you want me to shed more light on that, I'll gladly do it.
Becky just soiled her hands for an irredeemable championship. I'm still yet to watch it though, so I'll reserve my comments.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
ValeeLove:

Lmaooo grin
How did that interaction with Hurricane "soil" the Rock's hands please? Everyone involved looked good.
If someone else didn't come down and "soil" their own hands for Rocky Maiva we wouldn't have gotten the Rock, same goes for Becky too.
You're being too extreme.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
pu7pl3:

Lmaooo grin
How did that interaction with Hurricane "soil" the Rock's hands please? Everyone involved looked good.
If someone else didn't come down and "soil" their own hands for Rocky Maiva we wouldn't have gotten the Rock, same goes for Becky too.
You're being too extreme.
man pu7pl3, I never expected this from you. I've watched it o. You know what I saw? I saw one-quarter of the Four Horse Women, a multi-time world champion, a WrestleMania Main Eventer, the wife of a mainstream star and a mother interacting with jobbers & jokes. Guess what that makes her by implication? She tried to make it make sense, but I must say, I am dissappointed in the company, I'm dissappointed in Vince for allowing that happen under his nose, I'm dissappointed in Seth for allowing his wife take part in that and I'm disappointed in Becky for agreeing to partake in that. That's all I'm going to say about that. It was a huge dissapointment.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
samistry:
Not everyone can become world champion however,most folks remember hurricane for that feud as it out him into limelight.

Scott Hall aka Razor Ramon never won the world championship, Rowdy piper and Dustin Rhodes didn't either yet they are more memorable than someone like Jinder Mahal who did.

The rock lost to hurricane by interference and it advanced the story for rock vs stone cold while also making a moment for the hurricane.

Despite dropping the hurricane gimmick later on for a more serious one.
Gregory helms went on to having arguably the longest cruiserweight run.
Yet, everyone still remembers the hurricane gimmick for than the cruiserweight championship run.

Wrestling is about give and take, someone made you hence you do same for another.
By your logic, the rock, stone cold and other guys that came up during the attitude era would not become the stars if main guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels not put them over.
There was no bigger primadonna during the attitude era like Shawn Michaels yet even he put over stonecold at WrestleMania.
Hulk Hogan put over a young Brock Lesnar.
Triple H was made after defeating Cactus jack in a hell in a cell match.
Would Kazuchika Okada become the ace of njpw if Hiroshi Tanashashi not put him over?

Would Eddie Guerrero win as champion be momentful had Brock Lesnar not put him over?
Why didn't Brock make excuses and say Eddie is too small to pin him?
Chris Jericho greatest moment was winning stone cold and the rock for two championships the same night.

There's a story with Becky Lynch fighting for the 24/7 championship that you aren't seeing?
She is desperate to become a champion so bad that she would contend for even the lowest one.
Her contending for it and losing it by interference also furthers the asuka feud.
Her loss to Dana Brooke is a small bump in the road that doesn't dimisnish her star power.
Becky Lynch is already made and nothing can change that.

I just have one question for you. Let's say you're in a wrestling company and you're part of the top guys. And in this company, you get paid based on your level on the card - upper card, mid card, lower card. With this knowledge in mind, knowing he would suddenly get paid more than you, would you like to 'put over' another wrestler?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
ValeeLove:
man pu7pl3, I never expected this from you. I've watched it o. You know what I saw? I saw one-quarter of the Four Horse Women, a multi-time world champion, a WrestleMania Main Eventer, the wife of a mainstream star and a mother interacting with jobbers & jokes. Guess what that makes her by implication? She tried to make it make sense, but I must say, I am dissappointed in the company, I'm dissappointed in Vince for allowing that happen under his nose, I'm dissappointed in Seth for allowing his wife take part in that and I'm disappointed in Becky for agreeing to partake in that. That's all I'm going to say about that. It was a huge dissapointment.

Tor...no wahala bro
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by chrisooblog: 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
In the wrestling business as a top guy there will eventually come a time when you will have to do what is good for ''business''. The Undertaker made a young wet behind the ears Randy Orton look credible in their first match together because he recognised his potential.

Guys like Taker, Bret Hart, Mick Foley to mention a few are loved and respected not just because of what they achieved or their wrestling ability but for the selflessness they show in willing to put others over.

Why do you think a legend like Hulk Hogan is disliked.

ValeeLove:
I just have one question for you. Let's say you're in a wrestling company and you're part of the top guys. And in this company, you get paid based on your level on the card - upper card, mid card, lower card. With this knowledge in mind, knowing he would suddenly get paid more than you, would you like to 'put over' another wrestler?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
chrisooblog:
In the wrestling business as a top guy there will eventually come a time when you will have to do what is good for ''business''. The Undertaker made a young wet behind the ears Randy Orton look credible in their first match together because he recognised his potential.

Guys like Taker, Bret Hart, Mick Foley to mention a few are loved and respected not just because of what they achieved or their wrestling ability but for the selflessness they show in willing to put others over.

Omo I'm tired of telling this guy this thing.
Man has chosen to die on that hill.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Although WWE television is undoubtedly worse when Roman Reigns isn’t a part of it, the company deserves credit where it’s due here — they’ve managed to do a pretty damn good job of keeping interesting stories going surrounding The Bloodline in his absence.
That includes the journey of Sami Zayn, who is still desperately searching for some clout after the bad run he went on, and Riddle, who is equally as desperate in his quest for revenge over Randy Orton being taken out of action.
Their paths crossed on this week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, where Zayn was representing The Bloodline in a one-on-one match against Riddle, who would be banished from the blue brand with a loss but would earn a title match against Reigns with a win. Paul Heyman intimated it would be greatly beneficial for Zayn if he won, hugely detrimental for him if he lost.
He lost.
This sets up two clear confrontations, both with their own unique intrigue, and both of which should lead to something interesting, pretty much no matter what happens. You should absolutely be excited for Reigns vs. Riddle, even if the outcome is obvious, because they’ve layered the story enough to know where it’s going and done a good enough job to make it fulfilling once we get there.
There being the return of Orton.
But you should also absolutely be excited for the inevitable confrontation between Reigns and Zayn. And there will be one.

And it will be fun.
Again, credit where it’s due for getting this much out of all this with Reigns not even appearing.
Look out, folks, Ronda Rousey might be getting interesting again.
For starters, it needs pointing out that she’s been working on her speaking. I’ve been critical of her promo work before, mostly on the basis that she would often speak in a monotone voice that came across like she was having a one-on-one conversation. This is obviously an issue when you’re in front of a crowd of thousands and need to project your voice.
She was much better with regards to literally all of that this week, so much so that it was plainly evident as she was cutting her promo. There’s still a little awkwardness there, but I thought she was pretty damn good here.
What’s more, she said the armbar her mother taught her is far better than the cheap knockoff Sharpshooter Natalya ripped from her uncle, Bret Hart, and the fans booed her for it. Ronda, bless her heart, couldn’t help but respond immediately with raised eyebrows.
It remains utterly fascinating watching her respond to real time reactions from a fickle fan base who will absolutely turn on someone at the drop of a hat. It’s more interesting with her because she has long been so invested in how those fans respond to her. She’s been delighted by the fact that she’s been so heavily cheered since her return.
What happens if the boos start coming in again?
Just something to keep an eye on while this feud with Natalya gets rolling.
In the meantime, she worked a match with Shotzi, and the fans were firmly in her corner the whole way. The match was pretty damn good, too, with Shotzi giving her one hell of a battle before tapping to the armbar. After, Nattie showed up and slapped a Sharpshooter on Rousey and it looked pretty damn good to me!
Natalya left Ronda on the mat and they’ll lock up at Money in the Bank for the title.

All the Rest
With participants still to be determined for the two Money in the Bank ladder matches this year, WWE went back to the tried-and-true method of holding qualifiers this week. The first one was an all out brawl that saw Drew McIntyre and Sheamus beat the ever loving trash out of each other, so much so they both got disqualified and then kept fighting all around the damned arena. This was my kind of pro wrestling, two big beefy dudes who got good and pissed off and just started throwing hands. When they were finally separated, they were just staring each other down, pissed as all hell, their chests heaving from the deep breathing brought on by the kind of fatigue you only feel after such extreme exertion. That’s the kind of battle that builds to something more. I loved it.

In the second qualifier, Lacey Evans ran through Xia Li, who still hasn’t been given much of a chance to do anything on the main roster. Evans was widely cheered and there seemed to be no hint of her working heel, despite the earlier teases. A big shrug to all this so far.

The Viking Raiders are coming to SmackDown soon! … Again.

GUNTHER won the Intercontinental championship from Ricochet in what was a much better match than I anticipated it to be, not because I question the talent of either of these guys but rather how WWE would put the match together. Ultimately, they had the perfect big vs. small match and while Ricochet lost, he looked every bit like he belonged in there while still putting GUNTHER over big. Really loved everything they did here.

This was a tight show that flew right on by for me. Can’t complain about that!

Grade: B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:27am On Jun 11, 2022
How do you guys feel about Roman hugging the 2 World titles and becoming a part-timer all of a sudden? Deserved or hypocritical?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2022
chrisooblog:

Hogan was no saint, but let's give him credit. He put over Warrior, The Rock and Lesnar on Smackdown. I totally understand all you guys are saying, even the ones you haven't said yet I get them, cos I've watched the 80s, 90s, Attitude era, Ruthless Aggression, PG, the latest WWE stuffs, TNA, ROH, NJPW, NWA and AEW. I understand everything everyone is saying, but the truth is pro-wrestling as a whole is not as good of a product as we actually think it to be, because of its bad production.
I got 2 questions for pu7pl3:
1. What extent will the WWE product get to for you to have to say "this is ridiculous, I can't watch this anymore"?
2. Would you watch WWE if it went sports-based like I explained(there'd be faces & heels, but the show would be produced following a legit sports pattern, so what that means in essence is that your storylines and promos are replaced by simple sports-like interviews for match building)?
Anyone else can answer these questions, but the aim is to know if we are actually sports-entertainment fans or plain wrestling companies fans.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
Hogan was no saint, but let's give him credit. He put over Warrior, The Rock and Lesnar on Smackdown. I totally understand all you guys are saying, even the ones you haven't said yet I get them, cos I've watched the 80s, 90s, Attitude era, Ruthless Aggression, PG, the latest WWE stuffs, TNA, ROH, NJPW, NWA and AEW. I understand everything everyone is saying, but the truth is pro-wrestling as a whole is not as good of a product as we actually think it to be, because of its bad production.
I got 2 questions for pu7pl3:
1. What extent will the WWE product get to for you to have to say "this is ridiculous, I can't watch this anymore"?
2. Would you watch WWE if it went sports-based like I explained(there'd be faces & heels, but the show would be produced following a legit sports pattern, so what that means in essence is that your storylines and promos are replaced by simple sports-like interviews for match building)?
Anyone else can answer these questions, but the aim is to know if we are actually sports-entertainment fans or plain wrestling companies fans.

The answer to both questions are simple.
As long as I'm entertained I will keep watching, even if they adopt another system and its entertaining with characters I can invest in I'll definitely watch.
Long story short, my entertainment is the deciding factor.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
How do you guys feel about Roman hugging the 2 World titles and becoming a part-timer all of a sudden? Deserved or hypocritical?

Hypocritical of course cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
pu7pl3:

The answer to both questions are simple.
As long as I'm entertained I will keep watching, even if they adopt another system and its entertaining with characters I can invest in I'll definitely watch.
Long story short, my entertainment is the deciding factor.
that seems fair.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 3:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
pu7pl3:

Hypocritical of course cheesy
for me, I'll take both. You know I'm the sports-based guy and if we look at the pattern of legit sports shows, you don't see the champions(especially World) every week. That's impossible. That way they become a special attraction...yeh! Who stone me?! I don't care though, the stone hurt, but I'll still say the truth. The other way around, it's hypocritical because he spoke against it and hell, it was the bone of contention leading to WrestleMania 34 main event. And 4 years later, look who's doing it. It's true that if you give someone money and power, you'll get their true nature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
for me, I'll take both. You know I'm the sports-based guy and if we look at the pattern of legit sports shows, you don't see the champions(especially World) every week. That's impossible. That way they become a special attraction...yeh! Who stone me?! I don't care though, the stone hurt, but I'll still say the truth. The other way around, it's hypocritical because he spoke against it and hell, it was the bone of contention leading to WrestleMania 34 main event. And 4 years later, look who's doing it. It's true that if you give someone money and power, you'll get their true nature.

Good thing it's all Kayfabe then.
Something tells .e someone would address it down the road in a feud with him.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
that seems fair.

cool
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
pu7pl3:

cool
but trust me, sports-based is the best. You'd have to see it first.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
Who's putting their moneys that Cody will return before 6 months time?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
but trust me, sports-based is the best. You'd have to see it first.

There is already boxing and UFC for that.
And I'll still pick Pro wrestling over them at gunpoint.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
pu7pl3:

Still can't forget that period I tried to get into UFC. Watched one women's match wey dem knack person head for ground because she no release armbar and ran straight back to pro wrestling
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
pu7pl3:

and there's a reason why they are bigger than pro-wrestling as a whole. AEW isn't WWE's competitor, it's UFC. That's why Vince is getting fraustrated, firing people and replacing officials cos he wants to get profits like the UFC, which is laughable. Didn't you hear the rumours of Stephanie getting fired cos they felt she wasn't up to par? UFC is a company that knows what it wants unlike WWE that is confused with the owner ripping up scripts 10 minutes to a show. It's only going to take a matter of time for the company to become old news or it gets sold and the only way to prevent that is by turning it into a sports-based product, which is what HHH was aiming at with NXT until Vince and that corporate blockheads in management like Prichard got to it and ruined it. Now they need main roster stars for ratings weekly.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
Kaycee7:
Still can't forget that period I tried to get into UFC. Watched one women's match wey dem knack person head for ground because she no release armbar and ran straight back to pro wrestling

I swear bruh, I don't find it entertaining enough
I can afford to skim through but I can never get invested I don't know why.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2022
ValeeLove:
and there's a reason why they are bigger than pro-wrestling as a whole. AEW isn't WWE's competitor, it's UFC. That's why Vince is getting fraustrated, firing people and replacing officials cos he wants to get profits like the UFC, which is laughable. Didn't you hear the rumours of Stephanie getting fired cos they felt she wasn't up to par? UFC is a company that knows what it wants unlike WWE that is confused with the owner ripping up scripts 10 minutes to a show. It's only going to take a matter of time for the company to become old news or it gets sold and the only way to prevent that is by turning it into a sports-based product, which is what HHH was aiming at with NXT until Vince and that corporate blockheads in management like Prichard got to it and ruined it. Now they need main roster stars for ratings weekly.

Bro UFC has never been bigger than Pro wrestling.
WWE alone posts better numbers than anything UFC has done, add other Pro wrestling companies and it's overkill.
Wrestling is more popular and more mainstream cos it's been around for much longer and has withstood the test of time.
It's not going away anytime soon either.
We will have more UFC athletes porting to WWE or any other Pro wrestling company than vice versa.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
ValeeLove:

I think it's deserved, man's been working his ass off for 2 years, showing up week in, week out defending the Universal title. Now a double champ he's got more work to do hence the deserved rest. Unlike Brock who defends like once or twice in a year and goes missing on TV for months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kaycee7:

I remember a UFC match I watched, it was so boring a bit brutal but no flare at all, I just switched to wrestling like how can you watch 2 grown ups fight with no storyline just some random challenge or fans pick. Meeeh. Wrestling will and will always be more entertaining especially WWE

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
that's sounds fun. You get to see the physicality unlike pro-wrestling were some of them fight like it's a Disney movie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.