Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288355 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
STEPHANIE MCMAHON: "Until the conclusion of the investigation into recent allegations, I am honored to assume the role of interim Chairwoman & CEO. I love @WWE and all it continues to do to entertain billions around the world."

Looks like Stephanie will be the one deciding things from now on.
Hehehehe, I pity all those "higher ups" that was involved in badmouthing her last month.

3 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
pu7pl3:
STEPHANIE MCMAHON: "Until the conclusion of the investigation into recent allegations, I am honored to assume the role of interim Chairwoman & CEO. I love @WWE and all it continues to do to entertain billions around the world."

Looks like Stephanie will be the one deciding things from now on.
Hehehehe, I pity all those "higher ups" that was involved in badmouthing her last month.
hmmn. I just saw the news. Shocked to the bone marrow.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:23am On Jun 18, 2022
ValeeLove:
hmmn. I just saw the news. Shocked to the bone marrow.

I think it's time to start preparing your return to WWE.
The alliance won.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

It’s good to remember what pro wrestling is, and where it came from, when considering Vince McMahon’s appearance on this show. There are plenty of folks speculating why it is exactly he showed up on Friday Night SmackDown this week, and what the ultimate goal of his appearance was. I’ve seen folks mention he was saying goodbye, I’ve seen others say he was thumbing his nose at the investigation into his conduct by the WWE Board of Directors, I’ve seen talk that he was just trying to make clear what he means to the company by getting the pop he knew he would.
Maybe one of those things are true, maybe not. It doesn’t really matter, though, because any or all of them would accomplish the same thing, the central goal at the root of everything they do at WWE.
This was done to capitalize on something that could get them better ratings. It’s as simple as that.
He didn’t say anything, because of course he didn’t. What could he say? Nothing! But that hardly mattered. All he needed to do was appear, so that they could promote him appearing, and the world would tune in to see what would happen.
That nothing did hardly matters.
It’s a carny business, folks.

Riddle’s promo early in the evening, and really his work in general over the past however many months, has worked wonders for Randy Orton. Not that Orton needed the help or anything but I’ll be damned if this isn’t getting Randy (I can’t say that name without thinking of Riddle and how he says it anymore, damn him) over like crazy.
All because Riddle loves and misses his friend.
Truly heartwarming stuff.
Later, he had his match with Roman Reigns, where he challenged for the WWE Universal championship under the condition he would never get another crack at it as long as Roman is champ if he loses and, of course, he lost. We knew he would lose, that much was never really in doubt, but I found it meaningful that Reigns gave him so much throughout the course of it. Riddle was never treated like he was underneath Reigns — he was treated like an equal.
He may have lost the match, but in the end this was a victory for Riddle when considering the long term.
Now to get to the other big thing that happened on this show — the return of Brock Lesnar.
I love me some Brock Lesnar.
Even all this time later, even after seeing all those matches that don’t vary all that much in terms of content but captivate me nonetheless, I’m still all in anytime I see him on my screen. I can at least understand why so many others wouldn’t be, and I can absolutely sympathize with anyone who dislikes the idea of WWE going back to the well and doing yet another Reigns vs. Lesnar match.
I just don’t reside on that side of the fence. I love when these two fight each other, and I genuinely wouldn’t mind seeing them fight forever. Two big beefy dudes just battling it out over the top title in the land is what this whole damn thing is supposed to be about.
I’m ready for more.
Also, just think: we might get more of Lesnar and Zayn together again!
Yes, please!

All the Rest
Madcap Moss got the “last laugh” on Happy Corbin by defeating him in their latest singles match. It was a dominant win, a clear and definitive victory that finally ends the feud between the two. Moss went 3-0 against Corbin. After, he grabbed a microphone and laughed at Happy. After a commercial break, Corbin still hadn’t left and decided he wanted to get in Pat McAfee’s face about all the trash he’s been talking. Remember the “Bum Ass Corbin” stuff? He threatened Pat Mac, who responded by grabbing the microphone and leading the entire arena in laughing Corbin to the back. “Hahahahahaha you suck,” McAfee shouted. It was a great time. Even The New Day came out and laughed at him as they walked by! It was fantastic. I wouldn’t hate if this was leading to McAfee vs. Corbin at SummerSlam.

Skyscrapin’ Shanky and Jinder Mahal were having their way in a match against The New Day when Xavier Woods got creative and broke out the trombone. Shanky couldn’t help but break into dance, and it cost them the match. Goofy but fun.

Both Sheamus and Drew McIntyre were added to the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match in a funny segment. Adam Pearce said he reviewed the footage and announced Sheamus was in. So he talked trash, McIntyre beat him up, and then Pearce, who was trying to separate them, stopped it by saying he was going to announce McIntyre is in too. Should be fun!

Raquel Rodriguez beat Shayna Baszler to qualify for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match. There wasn’t much to the match, and what we’ve seen of Rodriguez on the main roster so far doesn’t seem terribly interesting, but here’s to hoping things improve.

Max Dupri was supposed to debut his clients on this show, but refused because Pearce didn’t give him the exact lighting he wanted. The artist formerly known as LA Knight is somehow making this damn thing work through these backstage segments with Pearce where he invades the ever loving hell out of his personal space. It’s delightfully dumb.

I liked what they did on this show where some folks appeared but only in the form of a quick interview or promo backstage. We don’t need everyone on TV every week — a simple promo in the back does just fine. In this case, Natalya put over the Sharpshooter as superior to Ronda Rousey’s armbar and Ludwig Kaiser claimed GUNTHER will be Intercontinental champion forever. Simple but effective promotion.

I enjoyed the show, especially everything in the main event.

Grade: B+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2022
Also shout out to Pat McAfee for that "John Cena" reference grin cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 8:43am On Jun 18, 2022
So we're getting Brock vs Lesnar again.
I'm kinda fedup with that feud.
No matter who wins, we lose because the title won't be seen weekly.
I'm kinda fedup with wrestling in general with this summer curse of bad events.
pu7pl3:

It’s good to remember what pro wrestling is, and where it came from, when considering Vince McMahon’s appearance on this show. There are plenty of folks speculating why it is exactly he showed up on Friday Night SmackDown this week, and what the ultimate goal of his appearance was. I’ve seen folks mention he was saying goodbye, I’ve seen others say he was thumbing his nose at the investigation into his conduct by the WWE Board of Directors, I’ve seen talk that he was just trying to make clear what he means to the company by getting the pop he knew he would.
Maybe one of those things are true, maybe not. It doesn’t really matter, though, because any or all of them would accomplish the same thing, the central goal at the root of everything they do at WWE.
This was done to capitalize on something that could get them better ratings. It’s as simple as that.
He didn’t say anything, because of course he didn’t. What could he say? Nothing! But that hardly mattered. All he needed to do was appear, so that they could promote him appearing, and the world would tune in to see what would happen.
That nothing did hardly matters.
It’s a carny business, folks.

Riddle’s promo early in the evening, and really his work in general over the past however many months, has worked wonders for Randy Orton. Not that Orton needed the help or anything but I’ll be damned if this isn’t getting Randy (I can’t say that name without thinking of Riddle and how he says it anymore, damn him) over like crazy.
All because Riddle loves and misses his friend.
Truly heartwarming stuff.
Later, he had his match with Roman Reigns, where he challenged for the WWE Universal championship under the condition he would never get another crack at it as long as Roman is champ if he loses and, of course, he lost. We knew he would lose, that much was never really in doubt, but I found it meaningful that Reigns gave him so much throughout the course of it. Riddle was never treated like he was underneath Reigns — he was treated like an equal.
He may have lost the match, but in the end this was a victory for Riddle when considering the long term.
Now to get to the other big thing that happened on this show — the return of Brock Lesnar.
I love me some Brock Lesnar.
Even all this time later, even after seeing all those matches that don’t vary all that much in terms of content but captivate me nonetheless, I’m still all in anytime I see him on my screen. I can at least understand why so many others wouldn’t be, and I can absolutely sympathize with anyone who dislikes the idea of WWE going back to the well and doing yet another Reigns vs. Lesnar match.
I just don’t reside on that side of the fence. I love when these two fight each other, and I genuinely wouldn’t mind seeing them fight forever. Two big beefy dudes just battling it out over the top title in the land is what this whole damn thing is supposed to be about.
I’m ready for more.
Also, just think: we might get more of Lesnar and Zayn together again!
Yes, please!

All the Rest
Madcap Moss got the “last laugh” on Happy Corbin by defeating him in their latest singles match. It was a dominant win, a clear and definitive victory that finally ends the feud between the two. Moss went 3-0 against Corbin. After, he grabbed a microphone and laughed at Happy. After a commercial break, Corbin still hadn’t left and decided he wanted to get in Pat McAfee’s face about all the trash he’s been talking. Remember the “Bum Ass Corbin” stuff? He threatened Pat Mac, who responded by grabbing the microphone and leading the entire arena in laughing Corbin to the back. “Hahahahahaha you suck,” McAfee shouted. It was a great time. Even The New Day came out and laughed at him as they walked by! It was fantastic. I wouldn’t hate if this was leading to McAfee vs. Corbin at SummerSlam.

Skyscrapin’ Shanky and Jinder Mahal were having their way in a match against The New Day when Xavier Woods got creative and broke out the trombone. Shanky couldn’t help but break into dance, and it cost them the match. Goofy but fun.

Both Sheamus and Drew McIntyre were added to the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match in a funny segment. Adam Pearce said he reviewed the footage and announced Sheamus was in. So he talked trash, McIntyre beat him up, and then Pearce, who was trying to separate them, stopped it by saying he was going to announce McIntyre is in too. Should be fun!

Raquel Rodriguez beat Shayna Baszler to qualify for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match. There wasn’t much to the match, and what we’ve seen of Rodriguez on the main roster so far doesn’t seem terribly interesting, but here’s to hoping things improve.

Max Dupri was supposed to debut his clients on this show, but refused because Pearce didn’t give him the exact lighting he wanted. The artist formerly known as LA Knight is somehow making this damn thing work through these backstage segments with Pearce where he invades the ever loving hell out of his personal space. It’s delightfully dumb.

I liked what they did on this show where some folks appeared but only in the form of a quick interview or promo backstage. We don’t need everyone on TV every week — a simple promo in the back does just fine. In this case, Natalya put over the Sharpshooter as superior to Ronda Rousey’s armbar and Ludwig Kaiser claimed GUNTHER will be Intercontinental champion forever. Simple but effective promotion.

I enjoyed the show, especially everything in the main event.

Grade: B+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2022
samistry:
So we're getting Brock vs Lesnar again.
I'm kinda fedup with that feud.
No matter who wins, we lose because the title won't be seen weekly.
I'm kinda fedup with wrestling in general with this summer curse of bad events.

Hehehe, at this point it's safe to assume they will fight forever. Tbh I'm not mad at that.
I think I may be the only one with this thought process.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
I would have loved Roman to fued with Lashley, anyhow Brock and Roman would be interesting, it's hard to predict the outcome of their fight.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2022
DanieBlinkz:
I would have loved Roman to fued with Lashley, anyhow Brock and Roman would be interesting, it's hard to predict the outcome of their fight.

Okay we're 2 now cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2022
pu7pl3:

All these points you brought up, especially the one about weapons, it's not only WWE that is guilty of it so I wonder why you're channelling your frustration to only WWE.

As for me I enjoy all those shenanigans on TV and I hope they continue.
the only problem I see in this comment is that you put "enjoy" and "shenanigans" together. You'll get it eventually, you and many others. But as for me, I'm free from the manipulations.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
pu7pl3:

I think it's time to start preparing your return to WWE.
The alliance won.
so Stephanie's idea was having Brock come out? Nothing spectacular. If it was HHH in that position or Heyman running the booking then I'd see little light. Meanwhile Samistry is already getting tired of wrestling(told ya), I know how that feels.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2022
ValeeLove:
the only problem I see in this comment is that you put "enjoy" and "shenanigans" together. You'll get it eventually, you and many others. But as for me, I'm free from the manipulations.

what's wrong with putting enjoy and shenanigans together?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
ValeeLove:
so Stephanie's idea was having Brock come out? Nothing spectacular. If it was HHH in that position or Heyman running the booking then I'd see little light. Meanwhile Samistry is already getting tired of wrestling(told ya), I know how that feels.

I don't think that was her idea...Vince was still there.
Could have been one last minute favour he called in I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by triggaSG(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2022
Came here for WWE review and im seeing something else. If you no like am. Stick to UFC. Jesus Kristi. It's not called UFC discussion. Ffs.

Salutations
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2022
triggaSG:
Came here for WWE review and im seeing something else. If you no like am. Stick to UFC. Jesus Kristi. It's not called UFC discussion. Ffs.

Salutations

Welcome bro, the discussion was still about Pro wrestling and WWE
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

The Money
Rhea Ripley isn’t cleared for Money in the Bank. Possibly due to the mouth injury from a couple weeks ago. Me, myself, and I wish Rhea a speedy recovery!
Rhea’s absence creates a void. WWE decided the best way to fill said void is through crowning a new contender for Bianca Belair via a Fatal 5 Way match. Asuka, Becky Lynch, Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Alexa Bliss set the show off this week in a battle for supremacy.
And you know what? It started very sloppy. Alexa and Liv got most of the spotlight in the opening minutes and it was just silly. Both women rolled around the ring in inside cradles or Rolling Gedo Clutches looking for the pinfall. And it didn’t feel like a fight, which is what I need from my wrestling. It was way too choreographed and silly. The match didn’t get better when Becky, Asuka, and Carmella entered. The match lacked rhythm, crispness, and speed.
The match picked up in the second half, thankfully, and turned into a pretty good affair. Maybe they just needed to get their feet wet.
Carmella got the surprising W after doing what she does best: survive. Becky slapped a Mahandle Slam on Liv Morgan. Asuka broke up the pin. Liv blocked Alexa’s Twisted Bliss attempt with double knees. And before she capitalized, Liv ate a Superkick from Mella.
Carmella and Bianca Belair at Money in the Bank, ladies and gents. Perfect opponent for Bianca, which hopefully gives us a fun week. Wish they had more than a week for building this match, but hey, that’s no one’s fault here.
Side note: WWE writers really need a thesaurus because they’re abusing “opportunity.”

Big Time Empress
Becky, incensed she lost yet another shot at getting back what she feels is rightfully hers, complained to Adam Pearce. Pearce, always a man of little backbone, reminded Becky of her previously scheduled Money in the Bank qualifier match with Asuka. Becky was down! But then Adam scheduled the match for this week. Becky was not down.
But she was ready. The minute Asuka stepped out of the curtain for this week’s main event, Becky slapped fire out of her. I love that because yes, this shouldn’t just be another match. And two, Becky is frustrated with a lot of rage towards Asuka.
She should attack her and this match should feel personal. Becky’s story right now is one of constant disappointment, so anyone in her way, especially Asuka, is kill on sight.
Surprising no one, these two put on a good main event match once Asuka crawled out from under the beating Becky handed to her. Becky was extra aggressive for most of the match, trying to get it over as quickly as possible while putting extra sting behind her punches and kicks.
At one point, Becky threw an uppercut at Asuka that launched the Empress off the top turnbuckle and onto the floor. Illustrating her desperation through her moveset is always a much appreciated storytelling device.
But everything turned for Becky when Asuka used her aggression against her. With Asuka standing outside the ring, Becky launched herself at her rival. Asuka knew what to expect and countered with a knee to Becky’s jaw. That was it. Both women rolled back into the ring, Asuka reversed and countered both the Manhandle Slam and the Dis-Arm-Her, then knocked Becky into next Monday with a thunderous roundhouse kick.
Becky took one too many blows to the head and was unfocused against a better opponent. Count me shocked at the outcome. Becky’s loses are pilling up and I figured that all came to a head this week.
This is why I don’t bet on wrestling.
While Asuka moves on to the Money in the Bank match, the story here is still what will come of Ms. Lynch. How low will she go? Will WWE really keep another big star off their 4th of July weekend event? I don’t think so. I’m curious how Becky factors into everything revolving around the Raw women’s championship on July 2.

The Rest
Rock On
Look, the Elias Rock Concert was great. Not because we got a concert, but because Elias was there with a beard, guitar in hand, and frustrated the hell out of Kevin Owens. That frustration grew when Ezekiel showed up on screen during the segment, following both men appearing together on screen in an obviously pre-recorded segment.
Elias didn’t sing much but he did tune up his guitar on KO’s back.
KO, irate, challenged Elias, Ezekiel, or even their unseen little brother Elrod to a match next week. Watch the whole segment for KO going to pieces when Ezekiel showed up backstage and accepted his challenge at the same time Elias was supposed to be in the ring and we never saw him walk backstage.

Riddle Me That
Riddle and Omos put on a good match. I didn’t expect to type those words when they announced the match but here we are. And what made it good was Riddle. The man sold for Omos extremely well, while still selling the rib injury from his match with Roman Reigns. Omos looked like a beast while Riddle looked like a guy full of heart. And pretty much just heart since the rest of his body barely functioned. Omos took Riddle’s best shots and kept moving. That’s why he’s going to Money in the Bank and Riddle isn’t.
Seth Rollins made his way to the ring after the match. Riddle mentioned his name in a prematch promo, so of course Seth made an appearance. Beating up and laughing at a broken man is what Seth does. It worked for getting a lot more heat on Seth while ingratiating Riddle even more.

Mighty Theory
Bobby Lashley and Theory got much better placement on the show this week. Rather than a main event spot for a pose down, we got them in the middle of the show this week. And instead of a pose down, we got Theory posing then getting his ass beat. Lashley returned the favor and sprayed baby oil in Theory’s face, then challenged Vince’s new favorite son for a U.S. championship match.
Theory convinced the third worst WWE official in the world—two guesses on who is first and second—to put Lashley in a gauntlet match and make him earn a title match.
And it was great. The Alpha Academy were his first two opponents. First Chad Gable, then Otis. And both men did great heel work. Chad got his licks in, no doubt, but for the most part, he was the perfect illustration for Bobby’s power. The best moment of the match was Bobby ramming Chad off the ring apron and into the commentary table. The second best moment was Chad reversing a spear attempt into an Ankle Lock. But eventually, he tapped to the Hurt Lock. Otis put a beat down on Lashley, allowing Bobby to play the underdog role and show some vulnerability. After getting the DQ win—because of course Chad and Otis cheated—Lashley dealt with the final gauntlet opponent: Theory. Theory lost because Lashley showed some resilience. Hell of a story and props to all men involved.

Prophecy?
The Street Profits and the Usos added another chapter to their rivalry this week. Angelo Dawkins faced the right-hand man himself, Jey Uso. Last week, we got Jimmy and Montez in a really good match, but with Montez taking the L. Angelo faced pressure to get the job done and get a win back for his squad. While the Profits have a win over Jimmy and Jey, it’s a count out win. And despite how the Profits of the Street dress it up, the Usos weren’t exactly hurting as a result of that count out. Angelo proved Jimmy and Jey aren’t perfect. When the moon is just right, or hits someone’s eye like a big pizza pie, they can go down.
Angelo showed he’s just as agile and high-flying as Jey, while never forgetting his power. The Profits finally gave members of the Bloodline a reason to sweat thanks to Angelo picking up the W. And I love the Sky High as a finisher for him.

Timeout
Seriously, timeout. We got Ciampa vs. AJ Styles with no nothing. No build up. No forewarning. No foreshadowing. Ciampa just showed up during Miz TV and put hands on AJ, so a wrestling match ensued. I don’t even know what to say about it beyond that because the entire ordeal is disappointing. Shocker, AJ won and now it looks like he’s beefing with Miz.

Carnage
Veer cut a promo this week and it wasn’t great. Mostly because Veer’s delivery is hampered by the fact English isn’t his first language. I don’t put that on him. Someone in management needs to know that. Putting the talent in the position to win is sort of a big deal in this world of professional sports entertainment wrestling.

Raw was pretty damn good this week, apart from some hiccups I enjoyed the show.

Grade-B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dahmie2013: 9:03am On Jun 21, 2022
If Vince has issues with his wife, what does one have to do with the other.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
dahmie2013:
If Vince has issues with his wife, what does one have to do with the other.

This your question is confusing bro.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dahmie2013: 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
pu7pl3:

This your question is confusing bro.
Why is he stepping down? Didn't you read Stephanie's tweet?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
dahmie2013:

Why is he stepping down? Didn't you read Stephanie's tweet?

He is stepping down cos he is being investigated.
He allegedly had an affair with a WWE legal officer and paid her 3million as hush money. So him and Laurinitis who is also involved have both stepped down.

That's why Steph is taking over

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2022
Posted NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS and got banned but I didn't know cheesy

Sperm Burt with the violence again, nice 1
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bullet points from NXT this week:

-Santos Escobar betrays The Don D'Angelo and Carmelo retains his title

-Enofe took Cameron Grimes to the limit and earned his respect

-Toxic attraction watched as Cora and Roxanne brawled with Kayden and Katana for who's got next.

-Solo told us he's got next last week but Grayson is really the one that's next cos he beat Solo for an opportunity to face the A-champ.

-Alba Fyre got a DQ win over Lash Legend who used her bat against her

-Trick Williams told Wes Lee to shut the fvck up

-This episode was all over the place with its pacing. I didn’t even mention all the vignettes and backstage interviews. We got segments from Nikkita Lyons, Chase U, Bron Breakker & Cameron Grimes, Joe Gacy (ugh), Indi Hartwell & Kiana James, another Apollo Crews Equalizer audition reel, Tiffany Stratton, and NXT’s newest arrival JD McDonagh. A LOT. NXT is at its best when it lets matches, match results, and everything else around the matches breathe. This felt like someone completely out of breath while running the Marathon.

Grade: B-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Man I've missed Lyons sha

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 7:47am On Jun 25, 2022

Long way to the top
Roman Reigns now has a date with Brock Lesnar in a Last Man Standing match at SummerSlam late next month in Nashville, so he wasn’t even around on Friday Night SmackDown this week. Instead, we got a bunch of guys itching to get to the main event scene arguing over how they’re going to go about getting there.
Like Drew McIntyre making claims about Reigns ducking him so he’ll just have to win the Money in the Bank contract to book himself in a match. Meanwhile, Sheamus made note of the fact that he’s won the Money in the Bank contract once before and when he cashed in to win the title, he did so against Reigns.
Good points!
That just led to Paul Heyman hitting the scene with Adam Pearce with word that actually McIntyre and Sheamus aren’t in the Money in the Bank ladder match cause they didn’t earn it by winning a qualifier. You remember, they had that double disqualification. But they could still make it in by teaming up and defeating The Usos in the main event of the evening.
This is the kind of writing you get when they’re trying to service all masters with no real firm plans in place from week to week. You put your unified tag team champions in a match against a duo who aren’t a team, who you know are going to be in the match and therefore have to win, while having commentary explain that the tag team titles aren’t on the line and The Usos winning wouldn’t put them in the Money in the Bank ladder match.
The idea that The Usos would try to block them both from the contract is fine, it just feels uninspired. What’s more, why not have them support Zayn and try to get him in the ladder match when he was saying he wanted to win the contract not to cash in on Reigns but to protect him? That’s an actually compelling angle! Thankfully, Zayn won anyway and they can maybe lean into this but it sure looks a lot more like they’re just trying to put an obstacle in the road for McIntyre to overcome en route to a September title shot.
Sure enough, McIntyre pinned Jimmy after a Claymore to win the match to keep the big fellas in the Money in the Bank ladder match. There were shenanigans involved, so it wasn’t entirely clean, considering Zayn got involved (notice him trying to help out!) and The Street Profits were there to equalize, but the show went off the air with Drew and Sheamus celebrating.
Take it for what you will.
The match was really fun, though, no doubt about that.

Jacket time
See, this is more in line with how Ronda Rousey should be presented.
Natalya gets goofy, dressing up like Rousey with a baby stroller and trolling her about tapping out and being “the saddest woman on the planet” and what not. It’s silly, it’s dumb, it’s all those things but it’s by design. It’s a nice set up for Rousey to knock down and look good doing it.
Whether or not she did that is up to your interpretation and tastes as a fan. I’m not sure how I feel about the zingers about not recognizing Nattie “without your rack out” and the knocks against her for getting plastic surgery to conform to impossible beauty standards or whatever, but she did have one strong line near the end: "The closest you'll ever get to being a main attraction in this company is dressing up like me"
That’s pretty damn good.
Rousey is getting more and more comfortable on the microphone and it shows in her delivery here. I’m not saying she’s suddenly The Rock, but she’s worlds better than she was even just a couple months ago. Say what you will about her run in WWE this time around, there’s been marked improvement, and this segment showed that.
I also liked the absurdity of Rousey straight up stealing Natalya’s jacket — cause it’s Ronda’s, get it — and Nattie responding by attacking her with the stroller. Pro wrestling, y’all, you gotta love it.

All the Rest
Sami Zayn beat Shinsuke Nakamura to qualify for the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match in what was an incredibly fun opening bout on this show. I went over a little why it was somewhat disappointing in one regard earlier in this here review but on its own, it was a damn fun match and there’s real potential for Zayn to win the contract. This makes me, for one, far more interested. Zayn’s interaction with Heyman backstage later in the show is every reason why he deserves all the airtime he’s getting these days.

The New Day were supposed to wrestle Shanky and Jinder Mahal, but the former played a chune and the overwhelming urge to dance ended any idea of conflict. That was until The Viking Raiders returned, with a fresh coat of paint, and attacked the three from behind. They’re back from their trip to NXT and looking like the same old, same old.

Sonya Deville is back and taking Adam Pearce to task for such issues like the state of the women’s division on SmackDown. I badly wanted her to mention the tag team division but something tells me that’s just never going to happen. As it turns out, she, along with Shayna Baszler and Xia Li, were used to put over Lacey Evans and Raquel Rodriguez on their way to Money in the Bank. That’s fine, but Deville is a million times more interesting than either of those two.

GUNTHER beat down Ricochet in an Intercontinental championship rematch. It wasn’t all that interesting, which is unfortunate considering their first match-up was outstanding. There’s a lot of potential in GUNTHER but we’ll see if they do anything to unlock it.I continue to be wildly entertained by Max Dupri not ever debuting his models because Adam Pearce can’t get the conditions for it exactly right.

Pat McAfee is going to wrestle again, this time at SummerSlam, and I couldn’t be happier that he’s getting involved in more angles/matches. He’s arguably the best performer on the entire damn roster. I can’t wait to watch him beat Bum Ass Corbin in front of a stadium full of people.

This was a pretty good show overall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Purpl3: 11:25am On Jun 28, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Stillmatic
WWE celebrated John Cena this week. The party resembled a nice trip down memory lane, with several segments dedicated to the PhD in Thuganomics, including different wrestlers referencing his history or words in their promos. That was a nice touch that showed how influential Peacemaker is within whatever halls WWE superstars roam on a given week.
The ceremony culminated with Cena addressing the thousands in attendance and the millions watching at home. The only reason I’m putting it here is because it was damn good as Cena always is on the mic, and the guy’s shadow looms over everything WWE does. Then, Now, and Forever.
Cena spoke from the heart, thanked the fans for keeping it real with him, and begged them to always keep it real with everyone. If they like something, let them know. If they hate something, let them know. The relationship he has with fans shaped him into a better man, a better husband, and a better professional. There are very few people in all of wrestling who always appear genuine. Eddie Kingston is one of them, Jon Moxley is another. But that’s something Cena has in spades. No matter the era, no matter the situation, he always makes the audience believe. That’s the most important aspect in this thing of ours, so a bunch of people in WWE should take notes.
Cena dropped some news as well: He plans to wrestle again. And it won’t be for just “one more match.” He doesn’t know when—the world needs a lot of peace right now—but it will happen. Cena interacted with Theroy earlier in the show, lending Creedence to the rumor these tow are set to tango in August. Maybe that’s Cena’s next appearance. Maybe it’s not.
Whenever we see him again, make sure to cherish the guy who truly gave everything to this business and its fans.

The Rest
Picture Me Rollin’
WWE is telling a good story with Becky Lynch. Becky’s slump since losing at WrestleMania took her to some dark places. Funny places too, but mostly dark. This week, Becky faced five other women for the last spot in the women’s Money in the Bank match. Would she falter? Would she destroy the competition?
The answer, in short, is yes. I liked Becky’s aggression to start the match. She went after everyone in her path, doing whatever in her power as a woman on a mission. Xia Li? Pinned her. Nikki A.S.H.? Submitted her shortly after pinning Xia. Clearly the star of the match, Becky raised everyone else’s game as well. Specifically Doudrop. If someone else dominated as much as Becky, it was Doudrop. She dominated everyone whenever the action went outside of the ring, and she eliminated Shayna Baszler and Tamina back-to-back.
This was always coming down to Becky and Doudrop. Becky, in vain, attempted the Manhandle Slam a couple times. It wasn’t until Doudrop finally made a mistake that Becky capitalized off someone else’s follies rather than making her own.
Doudrop hoisted Becky onto the top turnbuckle, lost her positioning, and fell victim to the Manhandle Slam.
Becky is going to Money in the Bank.
Good main event showcasing just great Becky and Doudrop are together, and a nice chapter to Becky’s “comeback” story.

One More Chance
Battle Royales are a mess, so don’t look for a recap here on the blow by blow. I will talk about the Final Four. Riddle, AJ Styles, Nakamura, and Miz. Now, the idea here is the winner gets a spot in the Money in the Bank match. Great, makes sense. The caveat here is one of these men cannot challenge for WWE’s big championship so long as Roman Reigns has the belt.
And yet, Riddle won. The audience popped for it and it was a great finish between he and Miz, but I think he’s the wrong cat for this spot. Give it to someone without that stipulation because it increases the suspense going into the Money in the Bank match. Maybe WWE surprises me and Brock Lesnar defeats Roman...maybe. But the odds of that are pretty slim based on recent history. Meaning, in my mind, that’s one person in this match who has no shot at that briefcase on July 2, 2022.

O.P.P.
The Street Profits are in their heads. Even after Angelo Dawkins’ win over Jimmy Uso last week, they’re not quite convinced they have what it takes to defeat The Usos. I like that angle a lot. Despite their list of accomplishments—which John Cena so helpfully laid out—they’re shook when it comes to Jimmy and Jey. That means another solo victory over a member of the Bloodline meant more than just “another win.” With all that in mind, we got Montez Ford vs. The Man Formerly Known as Main Event Jey Uso.
Look, there are only so many ways I can tell you these two put on a good match. Was it great? No. But it was good because The Profits and The Usos work well together in any configuration. The best part was the ending, where Dawkins ensured his partner got a fair shot at going to the pay window, taking out Jimmy before he mucked up the works. Montez, in another ridiculous display, damn near touched the briefcases above the ring with a Frog Splash.
Insanity.
Montez picked up the W, which probably means a loss is in their future. Right? I’m not so sure. The Usos are the Barcelona to the Profits’ Real Sociedad. Every little victory counts, so maybe it’s the beginning of the end for Roman’s cousins.

Balls and My Word
During that Battle Royale, Miz cost AJ Styles in typical Miz fashion. The coward faked an injury and waited until the perfect moment to eliminate Styles. That’s why during a Miz interview segment, AJ rushed to the ring like a kid towards Toys R’ Us in 1993 for Power Rangers.
What followed was a solid bout that ended the minute Miz walked out. Perfect for his character, Miz left the match without hesitation, giving AJ the count out victory.
And I’m okay with this. AJ and Miz isn’t something you blow off in a random spot on a random Monday night. There’s more story here and it deserves a bigger stage. AJ needs a challenge and chasing Miz for a few weeks until SummerSlam sounds like the right obstacle.
Also? Corey Graves has it on good authority that Miz has gigantic balls.

Real Big
Carmella and Bianca Belair’s “face to face” segment this week left me rather bored. Bianca called Mella talented but insecure. The EST says Mella is too focused on her looks to realize her potential. Okay...there’s some truth there. But, again, the match is in a few days, so adding in this portion of the story at this point is moot. Mella came to the ring dressed like a Bob Fosse backup dancer, explaining how she’s anything but insecure. She’s smart. And that’s why she’ll beat Bianca etc. etc. you know how this goes.
Carmella then fronted like she was leaving the ring, only to deliver a kick to the champ everyone saw coming. Including Bianca who not only caught the kick, but kept looking out the corner of her eye.
The entire segment was just a little too predictable with no real immediacy. Meh.

I Dare You
Prior to their match, Liv Morgan told Alexa Bliss she will not only win Money in the Bank in Las Vegas, but she’s beating her this week. Alexa basically said “nah.”
Well, Alexa was wrong. This was a fun match between two tag partners who realize it’s every woman for themselves when the big championship is on the line. Liv reversed Alexa’s DDT and got the W with a quick roll up. Nothing but respect between the ladies after the match, friendly competition and all that jazz. But we’ll see if they maintain that civility when the briefcase is on the line.

Can I Live?
Bobby Lashley dealt with WWE’s perpetual bad guys, Alpha Academy. Otis and Chad Gable faced Lashley in a handicap match with Theory playing outside special referee. The match existed to get more heat on Theory, which I’m not sure is necessary at this point. But, hey, Chad tapped to the Hurt Lock and Theory ran off after getting in several cheap shots on his Money in the Bank opponent.

Patiently Waiting
Cody Rhodes interview! The doctors tell him nine months recovery! He’ll congratulate Seth Rollins if Seth wins! He hyped everyone in the Money in the Bank match! Back to rehab!

Raw wasn’t exactly go-home worthy this week, but it wasn’t awful either. The Cena celebration was a great touch, and Raw’s side of the Money in the Bank card is finally finished. The biggest knock? No Elrod, Elias, and Ezekiel vs. Kevin Owens match. That’s sinful to deprive us of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:22am On Jun 29, 2022
triggaSG:

Salutations
that's kind of hypocritical seeing it's a similar business pattern and prowrestling's biggest stars in the name of Brock and Ronda Rousey came from there. Anyway it was just for comparison, no one is shifting the focus from pro-wrestling, I'm just saying pro-wrestling can be so much better if it went full sports based.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:39am On Jun 29, 2022
Purpl3:

There are very few people in all of wrestling who always appear genuine. Eddie Kingston is one of them, Jon Moxley is another. But that’s something Cena has in spades. No matter the era, no matter the situation, he always makes the audience believe. That’s the most important aspect in this thing of ours, so a bunch of people in WWE should take notes.
I hope you can be really honest about this. CENA IS NO GIMMICK and that's why you can believe him. He was in the past though, as the doctor, but he's learnt above all things to be natural and just himself. KO vs Ezekiel doesn't say that, Seth Rollins doesn't say that, Chad Gable doesn't say that, Happy Corbin doesn't say that, Cody Rhodes says that, Brock Lesnar says that, if you take away the catch phrase and Robotic attitude then Roman says that. GIMMICKS don't work, they never did, we just didn't know it was predetermined back then.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:13am On Jun 29, 2022
Let’s talk NXT!

Chumbawamba
Cameron Grimes gets knocked down, but he gets up again. You’re never going to keep him down.
Bron Breakker hopes for a different outcome than that ‘90s song. He faces Grimes at The Great American Bash at less than 100 percent because, well, we’ll get to the because. But first let’s talk about their verbal sparring session.
Grimes said some real sh*t: If Bron loses the title, he just goes to Raw or SmackDown. In fact, he might show up at SummerSlam. NXT is a pitstop for him but the future is less assured for Cameron. This is all he has; there is no backup plan for him. But this was Bron’s backup plan. While he didn’t make it in the NFL, his lineage always made this a logical “break glass in case of emergency” option.
Grimes is 100 percent right. The question is if Bron gets called to the main roster, but when. They’re already prepping him for a larger role in the company. He’s wrestling royalty with a yellow brick road lighting his path along the way. With that in mind, Grimes does want the championship more than Bron because he truly needs that title. He needs the validation and he needs it to secure some semblance of a future. Bron has bigger fish to fry. Cameron doesn’t even know if he’ll have a small fish to fry, much less something on which to fry the fish.
The reason it worked is because no lies detected or told. Bron thought Grimes was better than this. He thought their match was about respect, not Grimes whining or throwing what he considers cheap shots.
Things took a turn for the violent when Grimes mentioned Bron’s dad one time too many. And by that, I mean he said Bron’s dad doesn’t have any heart. And that’s why Bron has no heart. A fight broke out, because it’s wrestling, and Grimes pushed Bron into the ring turnbuckle not once but twice. That second shove is important because that’s how Bron injured his shoulder.
The medical officials hit the ring and tended to his shoulder while Grimes reveled at the prospect of defeating an injured Bron.
“At 100 percent, maybe I can’t beat you. But you’re not 100 percent.”
The Grimey man told the medics to make sure Bron is okay so he can lose that title next week.
Dope stuff all around. The most interesting and entertaining part of the show and make their championship match must see television.

Queen of the Jungle
Nikkita Lyons has a point: If she doesn’t injure her knee, there’s a good chance Roxanne Perez isn’t where she is right now. Rather than complain about that, she went straight to the NXT Women’s champion and issued a challenge. Mandy Rose, always down to embarrass someone and make a point, accepted.
Mandy can hang with any woman in the division at this point. Mostly because her style is so steeped in the art of heel that everyone else shines as a result. This is all to say Lyons looked good. In fact, she looked like she didn’t miss a beat. Her offense is still the same and her aggression is still high.
Now to the story. Obviously, Nikkita wants that championship. Mandy not only wants to keep it, but wants to remind everyone she is the “Queen of the jungle.” And it’s easy to rule when she has to other lionesses by her side in Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne. Mandy knows she’s never out any match and if all else fails, cheating is the best option.
Nikkita controlled the action until the rest of Toxic Attraction distracted her. The rookie mistake gave Mandy the opening to test that knee. Mandy grounded Lyons, and even yelled an insult at Lyons. Mandy just doesn’t believe this woman belongs in NXT or anywhere near her. So, to Mandy, the fact Lyons stepped to her is itself an insult.
That gave Nikkita the opening she needed and in the middle of gaining momentum, in came Gigi and Jacy.
Like I said, Mandy is never out of any match.
They commenced the beat down only to turn Swayze when Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez evened the odds.
Not sure how well Lyons plays with others, but for her sake, I hope the answer is “pretty well.”
This was a solid match that sets up a lot of interesting angles going forward.

The Rest
Pop Rock
Cora Jade & Roxanne Perez are going to The Great American Bash. And not as spectators. They defeated Katana Chance & Kayden Carter in a match I really dug. Chance & Carter flashed some heel tendencies. They were vicious and more physical than usual, clearly believing the tag championship shot was theirs and theirs alone. Jade & Perez survived long enough until their opponents slipped up with one mistake. With Toxic Attraction perched from the Toxic Lounge, Chance & Carter let their focus wander way too often. They weren’t as focused and thats why they’re going home unhappy.

Ike
Poor Ikemen Jiro. The man is lost ever since WWE released Kushida. That aimlessness continues this week with a loss to Giovanni Vinci in a match that wasn’t really much of a match.

No, Boy!
Briggs & Jensen crowed about their new NXT UK Tag championships. They should; they’re champions and champions get to gloat. After saying they’re here for all comers, Pretty Deadly came out with insults in their holsters. Nothing was really funny because it was all stereotypical jokes (country hicks, country accents, etc.) but they want their titles back. They want to represent the UK properly. A fight broke out but a title match is on the horizon.
The segment didn’t do anything for me but I am interested in the end result.

Odds & Ends
Last week, Kiana James picked on Indi Hartwell using math. For that alone, she deserves all the punishment in the world. Unfortunately, Hartwell was not the one to issue said punishment. The two wrestled a sound if uninteresting match. But the last part is due to them not having enough time to truly do anything exciting. James stole the win with her legs on the ropes during a pin attempt. I do love a cheating heel. to

Mine Collapse
Much more interested in the Diamond Mine drama looming over this match than the match itself. Joe Gacy and his Dyad—who still wrestle in robes—picked at the Mine’s wounds. Those issues showed themselves during the end of a six-man tag between Team Crazy Gacy and The Bros. Creed & Roderick Strong. Julius Creed had victory in his sights. Roddy tagged himself in and lost the match for his team.
The Mine doesn’t work without a true mouthpiece. And Strong just doesn’t work as the leader. As a result of the drama, Strong challenged Julius and Brutus to a tag championship match at The Great American Bash. Strong says it’s time they learn a lesson and start following his lead. Yeah, again, he sucks as a leader. Strong & Damon Kemp vs. The Creed Bros.
The sooner we end this the better because it’s run its course.

Big Brawl Bashing
Xyon Quinn lost to Sanga. Unfortunately, the match never captured the fire it had in the beginning. The two men battled before the bell went ding and needed several officials keeping them apart just to start the match. Then it slowed down. Not only did that not make sense, it also killed the momentum.
Later in the night, Xyon stepped to Solo Sikoa and Apollo Crews. Xyon challenged both men. Kind of.
I’m sure Apollo will journal about this so hard tonight.

Boring. That’s the first word that comes to mind. The show started strong and ended even stronger. But everything in between provided no spark. Even the Melo & Trick stuff was a snooze this week. On the somewhat bright side, it’s highly implied Tony D’Angelo tossed Two Dimes over a bridge. He sleeps with the fishes.

I’m looking forward to The Great American Bash, but the only moment this week worthy of a “go home show” was the last segment.

Grade: C-
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2022
How to know a professional prowrestler.

1. They sell.
2. They don't take the microphone from the interviewer, in other words, they know how to do an interview.
3. Their matches are slow-paced.
4. They sell.
5. They know how to actually promote a match on the mic and not just make unnecessary babble and trash talk.
6. They know how to sell.
7. They know to grapple.
8. They do less to no hardcore/garbage/gimmick matches.
9. They sell.
10. They are physically fit.
11. They can work a match without it being choreographed or scripted or both.
12. And this is the most important, they know how to SELL.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2022

There’s nothing more natural and not at all contrived than having a bunch of big ass ladders set up in the ring with all the participants in the Money in the Bank ladder match sitting atop those ladders having a casual conversation. No one can give you a good reason why these dudes would agree to doing this, yet there they were, right at the start of Friday Night SmackDown this week, hanging out and shooting the breeze with each other.
They talked strategy — Seth Rollins thinks the right idea is to cash in at SummerSlam, because Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns will be beat to hell after their Last Man Standing match. They talked retribution — Riddle really badly wants to get back at Reigns for what he did to his best friend, Randy Orton. They argued and bickered back and forth and eventually we got a few folks showing up to campaign for inclusion in the match — The Miz, Ezekiel, Happy Corbin, and Madcap Moss all made a pitch.
Adam Pearce showed up and decided, screw it, how about a battle royal?!?
Happy Corbin won that battle royal, laughed a lot, laughed at Pat McAfee, then refused to answer any questions related to the challenge McAfee laid down for a match at SummerSlam. That part was fun, because Pat Mac got to talk more trash about him, but it was also confusing because, uh, was he going to be in the Money in the Bank ladder match now? After all, he just beat everyone already in, and also the guys who wanted to get in.
That they didn’t bother making that clear is every reason WWE is so awful at telling even the most basic stories anymore. Nothing is ever clear. That and the fact that the go home angle to this big match was to have literally all of the guys in the match lose to a guy who may not even end up being in it.
Incredibly enough, the four guys who campaigned for the match earlier and partook in the battle royal, with three of them getting destroyed and one of them winning, were booked for a Fatal 4-Way that would decide who would be the seventh participant. I have no idea how this makes ANY sense at all, but it’s what they went with.
Guess who didn’t win?
You got it!
This was a horrible way to go about literally all of this.

All the Rest
I’m not sure if you’re aware but the Viking Raiders are NEW and VICIOUS. And to think, poor New Day were just there to gamble on dad jokes.

Natalya gave an interview backstage to push her match with Ronda Rousey and promised to become the first person to make her tap out. Not much to say about it.

We got a BATTLE OF THE BRANDS, with the Raw side of the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match taking on the SmackDown side. Considering how far they’ve leaned into just using everyone on both sides as needed, this held zero weight and acted much like the MOMENTUM BATTLE ROYAL at the start of the show on the men’s side. This was arguably better if only because Becky Lynch was on commentary and having an absolute blast messing with Michael Cole. The Raw side won, by the way. If that matters at all (it doesn’t).

Sonya Deville slapped the HELL out of Adam Pearce. My word, she’s racked up quite the compilation of slaps, hasn’t she? It’s not quite Stephanie McMahon level, but she’s absolutely rocked some folks during her time in WWE.

WWE used a reddit gimmick to promote the tag team title match, with The Usos and The Street Profits answering apparently fan submitted questions. There wasn’t much to it, outside of a weird tease that Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins are having issues, something they denied vehemently, and then they stole each others catchphrases and said them really loudly in each other’s faces. There was no mention of a stipulation, which would seem to confirm that has been forgotten about.

Max Dupri finally debuted proper, introducing us to both Ma.çé, the artist formerly known as MACE, and Mån.sôör, the artist formerly known as Mansoor. They both walked the red carpet while Dupri talked them up. Pat McAfee was incredible putting them over as a big deal. I don’t know where this is going to go or how the hell it’s going to have any legs, but I’m moderately entertained by the whole presentation of it.

Ronda Rousey gave an interview not unlike Natalya and attacked her challenger’s math skills while promising she would be the one to force a tap. An awfully uninspired way to build to the match on the last show before said match, but there you go.

This was a bad show.

Grade: D+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
The Maximum Male Models segment instantly bumps up this show to an A+.
I'm getting giddy in anticipation to ValeeLove reaction to this
pu7pl3:

There’s nothing more natural and not at all contrived than having a bunch of big ass ladders set up in the ring with all the participants in the Money in the Bank ladder match sitting atop those ladders having a casual conversation. No one can give you a good reason why these dudes would agree to doing this, yet there they were, right at the start of Friday Night SmackDown this week, hanging out and shooting the breeze with each other.
They talked strategy — Seth Rollins thinks the right idea is to cash in at SummerSlam, because Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns will be beat to hell after their Last Man Standing match. They talked retribution — Riddle really badly wants to get back at Reigns for what he did to his best friend, Randy Orton. They argued and bickered back and forth and eventually we got a few folks showing up to campaign for inclusion in the match — The Miz, Ezekiel, Happy Corbin, and Madcap Moss all made a pitch.
Adam Pearce showed up and decided, screw it, how about a battle royal?!?
Happy Corbin won that battle royal, laughed a lot, laughed at Pat McAfee, then refused to answer any questions related to the challenge McAfee laid down for a match at SummerSlam. That part was fun, because Pat Mac got to talk more trash about him, but it was also confusing because, uh, was he going to be in the Money in the Bank ladder match now? After all, he just beat everyone already in, and also the guys who wanted to get in.
That they didn’t bother making that clear is every reason WWE is so awful at telling even the most basic stories anymore. Nothing is ever clear. That and the fact that the go home angle to this big match was to have literally all of the guys in the match lose to a guy who may not even end up being in it.
Incredibly enough, the four guys who campaigned for the match earlier and partook in the battle royal, with three of them getting destroyed and one of them winning, were booked for a Fatal 4-Way that would decide who would be the seventh participant. I have no idea how this makes ANY sense at all, but it’s what they went with.
Guess who didn’t win?
You got it!
This was a horrible way to go about literally all of this.

All the Rest
I’m not sure if you’re aware but the Viking Raiders are NEW and VICIOUS. And to think, poor New Day were just there to gamble on dad jokes.

Natalya gave an interview backstage to push her match with Ronda Rousey and promised to become the first person to make her tap out. Not much to say about it.

We got a BATTLE OF THE BRANDS, with the Raw side of the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match taking on the SmackDown side. Considering how far they’ve leaned into just using everyone on both sides as needed, this held zero weight and acted much like the MOMENTUM BATTLE ROYAL at the start of the show on the men’s side. This was arguably better if only because Becky Lynch was on commentary and having an absolute blast messing with Michael Cole. The Raw side won, by the way. If that matters at all (it doesn’t).

Sonya Deville slapped the HELL out of Adam Pearce. My word, she’s racked up quite the compilation of slaps, hasn’t she? It’s not quite Stephanie McMahon level, but she’s absolutely rocked some folks during her time in WWE.

WWE used a reddit gimmick to promote the tag team title match, with The Usos and The Street Profits answering apparently fan submitted questions. There wasn’t much to it, outside of a weird tease that Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins are having issues, something they denied vehemently, and then they stole each others catchphrases and said them really loudly in each other’s faces. There was no mention of a stipulation, which would seem to confirm that has been forgotten about.

Max Dupri finally debuted proper, introducing us to both Ma.çé, the artist formerly known as MACE, and Mån.sôör, the artist formerly known as Mansoor. They both walked the red carpet while Dupri talked them up. Pat McAfee was incredible putting them over as a big deal. I don’t know where this is going to go or how the hell it’s going to have any legs, but I’m moderately entertained by the whole presentation of it.

Ronda Rousey gave an interview not unlike Natalya and attacked her challenger’s math skills while promising she would be the one to force a tap. An awfully uninspired way to build to the match on the last show before said match, but there you go.

This was a bad show.

Grade: D+

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.