Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway (25395 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Removal Of Lekki Second Roundabout (Pictures) / Gov. Udom Inspects New Terminal Building At Uyo Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by bekpo(m): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
UDIOK:
You have a commissioner, house member chairman SSA, what are they doing are they not representing u well Gov wont enter the nooks and cranes of every LGA it is the duty of the adore-mention to keep the fire burning and draw the attention of the Gov.

It is now d duty of d aforementioned to attract development to Nkari. Did d Gov told u he is unaware of d problem of Nkari? He attended a function there last year , he saw things by himself apart from d fact that he was briefed. He made a cangaroo promise to address same immediately yet till date nothing of such is done not even a borehole is sank. During elections they will expect votes from Ini.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by UDIOK: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
sisimmi:
I happily join to show the other side of Akwa Ibom. The pictures below also indicate the "sterling" performance of Emmanuel Udom. This is Community Comprehensive Secondary School, Nto Osung, Ekpenyong Atai 1, Essien Udim LGA. It is owned by the government of Akwa Ibom State. The school has been abandoned to nature for decades. Children in their hundreds study here. Let the pictures speak:
You made a great mistake, did i hear you say abandon for decade you would have shown it to Akpabio then, he is from that place you just mentioned.......people like you ehn......if i just say what is in my mind ehn.....
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by saintkeppy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Obong owo song idem o.
Etubom please learn to appreciate your own. there was a time the road network in calabar intimidated us from Akwa Ibom espercially during donal duke yrs. he did well in that regards and we Okopusem people appreciate him, even though he left so much debt for the state , but he did well.
I think today No Akwa Ibom child will be intimidated by the share number of good roads in any city in Nigeria. Today we drive on flyovers, see them daily drive on good roads for hrs without portholes within our state. we should thank god for that.
It wasnt always like that, should we ask for more? YES but we should appreciate what we have.

you are free to criticize your govt. its your civic responsibility. but be truthful and honest in your assesment.

here is a picture of what this governor did in Oron in 2yrs 10 months Area of oron was impassable and locked like and Abandoned town because of erosion menace today it feels like a nature preserve. https://www.nairaland.com/4016783/oronnigeria-coastal-city-gets-face check this out and appreciate Governor udom. It wasn't always like this in Oron.
the people of that Area understand what am saying better.

Of course, he is trying, &it is expected, I have seen this pix before &i appreciate his works in tackling the erosion menace, my broda that's his responsibilities as the Executive Gov'nor to provide Basic Amenities &a conducive environment for biz to thrive, as a matter of fact, Oro Nation people deserves a better deal interms of Infrastructures, or the area is not part of the state or they do not contribute to the state's IGR or no Oil well is found there?

Eket Town is undergoing serious Urban renewal, road dualization &expansion, a plaza with a stadium under construction, can you say of Oron Town? The ans is NO

No single Ferry in Oron Town to convey passengers to/from Calabar.

No single dual road in the town as old as that town is, except for FG's East-West Rd

The Oron Museum, a natural cool spot by the River banks still under-develop.

This is the 1st time a Gov'nor as emerge from Eket senatorial district which Oro Nation is part of.
I can only give a Gov'nor that performs a 'thumbs up' no need to clap cos d'Ca$hMo₦€¥ required for him to perform &provide those BASIC Amenities is at his disposal so no excuses or whatsever.

My broda, I just wanna put it to you that to whom much is GIVEN, much is EXPECTED.

ABASI ODIONG FI.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by ubox: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
2sexyus:

True... They are not as standard as what Akpabio did.
I guess it's because the revenue has declined compared to before.
Julius Berger, CCECC and the rest will have high quotes cost wise

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Curiouscity(m): 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Abong Owo song idem o, am not an agent of Udom but a proud and satisfied citizen of Akwa Ibom. Am proud of our gov.
First Industrialization is a process and not a destination, You guys are quick to dismiss the tooth pick and pencil factory, But here's the deal. do you know that the Factory was for a long time producing below capacity not because of lack of raw materials or electricity, but because of the lackadaisical attitude of the youths employed there, they were late, lazy, not fast and feeling they could do better or earn more money else where, it got so bad that they were unable to generate enough income to pay even their own wages. Some were weeded out and others learnt and improved on the job. the factory is backon track now. and a plastic factory has been added to the pencil and toothpick factory.

Lessons learnt. Our youths had no idea what working in a manufacturing factory setting was, but now they have learnt and are improving and honing their skills, that experience you can never buy in the market.
It must start somewhere, those guys now working and growing those cottage industries will some day use that experience to run a heavy industry some where. Udom has put Akwa Ibom youths through manufacturing industry training in just 2yrs 10 months on the saddle.
That is Huge

on the chocolate factory, No factory exists without raw materials, there is an ongoing coco revolution in Akwa Ibom as we speak i will not elaborate further Mbak Mme ndito Idiok esit. hundreds of akwa ibom youths were trained by experts from Ghana on prunning and modern. techniques of cocoa farming.
Do you know that for years our cocoa products were counted for cross river state because we didnt produce enough to warrant or attract a produce board in Akwa Ibom. All that is changing as we speak. Ete ubom Its a good time to be an Akwa ibomite under Udom. Alot of common sense changes are happening and more are on the pipe line.

For you to call the cottage industries as the only industrialization effort of this governor is being economical with the truth. Have you heard of the syringe factory? the largest one in africa. the only other one in Africa is in South Africa and this one in Onna is many times the size of the
SA one in terms of capacity.
How about the electricity meter manufacturing plant?
How about the revived peacock paint.
the kings flour mill under construction.
The Coconut oil refinery under construction
St gabriel coconut plantation ?
etc
Udom Has more Akwa Ibom people working permenent jobs in the private sector than any governor in our history as a state. is it enough? the Answer based on the level of unemployment is capital NO, but the journey has began, the process is on course and we also need brilliant Akwa Ibom people like you to come and help. it is called private sector for a reason not Government sector.
Abasi udoing fien.

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my suggestions. And also responding to everyone on the thread. Very kind and generous you especially as someone who is not an agent of the government.

Sadly, you left the insecurity part out from your response.

Anyways, on the industrialization aspect, I count only functional companies that are in production, not those under construction. So Peacock paint which is hardly sustainable on it own and the pencil /toothpick companies are what I can count. But then how many people do these 2 employ? Though I recognize that the construction of those other ones have a good number of Akwa Ibomites as workers, but they are not yet industries.

I totally agree with you on the attitude of our youths towards factory work. This is caused by availability of quick money from politicians. I have experienced this myself when I did some data collection in Uyo 4yrs ago.

Like you said, we need private investors to come in. But how do I come in where I can not guarantee the security of my staff or investment? We need to tackle this small insecurities before they get out of hand. More so, intimidation by vested power in government is another challenge in government. Imagine being asked to bribe someone in millions before a company is given C of O? Because they company belongs to someone who may not support a given political interest, a C of O is denied. Will this help the state? Or do I have to support a politician before investing in my state?

You mentioned the training of youths in cocoa farm management, but from experience, vested interest will not allow these one offer their best. As an example, many people were trained as aircraft maintenance engineers and fire officers for the QUO by the government , but as at today, they are just mere civil servants in different ministries. Their skills rendered redundant by some vested interest. So proper arrangements be made adequate utilization of this investment in their training.

Da, yak nwed idahado. But all I want is a well rounded development in Akwa Ibom state. It is our only state and I hope to be an employer of labour soon in my own state.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by gameboyo: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Gov.Akpabio had eight yrs udom just 2yrs 10 months. compare apple with apples please. and by the way This is a continuation of the past govt. just like Gov. Akpabio was a continuation of gov. Attah in Akwa ibom we value and enjoy our continuity both in standard, volume and delivery. cool

My brother, I'm from eket and I'm yet to see what Udom has done. We attend same church, Udom is from my moms village, so u won't love Udom more than me. We created a media group, help propagate Udom, I spent my personal money for Udom's campaign.
I'm yet to see what Udom has done in eket. Before this time in akpabio's regime, ikot ekpene had changed completely from a mere village and was almost competing with uyo. When last this u go to eket? Tell me one major road in eket that Udom has repaired. I'm not talking about eket ibeno road ooo, cos that was budgeted for by the previous regime. Grace bill rd, Liverpool rd, oron rd, etebi Street, Afaha Ukwa, etc. No single major road in eket is motorable. It's a pity
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Sleekjunior(m): 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
wht got my eye was d range rover
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
saintkeppy:

Of course, he is trying, &it is expected, I have seen this pix before &i appreciate his works in tackling the erosion menace, my broda that's his responsibilities as the Executive Gov'nor to provide Basic Amenities &a conducive environment for biz to thrive, as a matter of fact, Oro Nation people deserves a better deal interms of Infrastructures, or the area is not part of the state or they do not contribute to the state's IGR or no Oil well is found there?

Eket Town is undergoing serious Urban renewal, road dualization &expansion, a plaza with a stadium under construction, can you say of Oron Town? The ans is NO

No single Ferry in Oron Town to convey passengers to/from Calabar.

No single dual road in the town as old as that town is, except for FG's East-West Rd

The Oron Museum, a natural cool spot by the River banks still under-develop.

This is the 1st time a Gov'nor as emerge from Eket senatorial district which Oro Nation is part of.
I can only give a Gov'nor that performs a 'thumbs up' no need to clap cos d'Ca$hMo₦€¥ required for him to perform &provide those BASIC Amenities is at his disposal so no excuses or whatsever.

My broda, I just wanna put it to you that to whom much is GIVEN, much is EXPECTED.

ABASI ODIONG FI.

Oron May have been neglected in the past But under this Administration of Udom, Oron is getting a fair share, Just like every other local govt.
Udom is a fair Administrator without tribal bias or agenda, he is righting every percieved or real slights.

The Dualized east west road terminates at Oron. Udom is dualizing the Airport road from the airport junction to Okopedi, Okobo which is in an Advanced stage of completion.
Udom Administration just began a 55.1km, 12 lane Super highway from Upenekang Junction in Ibeno to tie into the east west road in Oron.
This is By far the most ambitious road project in the state if not the Nation. Where else have you heard of such roads in Nigeria. remember this will the the major economic route in the state as it will be the main thorough fare of the Ibom Deep seaport.

Eteubom Oron is doing great under Udom. he recently appointed and Oro man from Ewang as the state number 3 man.
All this in just 2years and 10 months!
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
Curiouscity:

Thank you for taking your time to respond to my suggestions. And also responding to everyone on the thread. Very kind and generous you especially as someone who is not an agent of the government.

Sadly, you left the insecurity part out from your response.

Anyways, on the industrialization aspect, I count only functional companies that are in production, not those under construction. So Peacock paint which is hardly sustainable on it own and the pencil /toothpick companies are what I can count. But then how many people do these 2 employ? Though I recognize that the construction of those other ones have a good number of Akwa Ibomites as workers, but they are not yet industries.

I totally agree with you on the attitude of our youths towards factory work. This is caused by availability of quick money from politicians. I have experienced this myself when I did some data collection in Uyo 4yrs ago.

Like you said, we need private investors to come in. But how do I come in where I can not guarantee the security of my staff or investment? We need to tackle this small insecurities before they get out of hand. More so, intimidation by vested power in government is another challenge in government. Imagine being asked to bribe someone in millions before a company is given C of O? Because they company belongs to someone who may not support a given political interest, a C of O is denied. Will this help the state? Or do I have to support a politician before investing in my state?

You mentioned the training of youths in cocoa farm management, but from experience, vested interest will not allow these one offer their best. As an example, many people were trained as aircraft maintenance engineers and fire officers for the QUO by the government , but as at today, they are just mere civil servants in different ministries. Their skills rendered redundant by some vested interest. So proper arrangements be made adequate utilization of this investment in their training.

Da, yak nwed idahado. But all I want is a well rounded development in Akwa Ibom state. It is our only state and I hope to be an employer of labour soon in my own state.

If you want to talk about insecurity why not ask the people of Boronu, Yobe , Adamawa, and recently Benue and Taraba what true insecurity feels like.

If a bunch of street gangs want to kill themselves over turf war they are free to go at themselves thats what cultism breeds.
The governor has done his bid to quell the crisis, he aske the police to interverne, the group leader has been liquidated as we speak.
Like all Gang warfare all over the world the gang members will resolve their crisis one they have settled their beef.

If you want to invest you cant wait until there is no obstacle before you wade in, If there were no obstacles every one would have invested, What stand an entrepreneur out is his/her Ability to take risk. investment is a risky business and take on Obstacles head on.

Dangote sees Nigeria are a Goldmine while most see it as a bad place to do business. Taking risk and making obstacles work in his advantage where others fail, is what stands him out.
Thats the essence of the dakkada philosophy that Udom is preaching, few will imbibe it, majority will scoff at it, But you only need a few people that think like Dangotes to change Akwa Ibom the process is on the move.

Abasi udiong fien, Anam Uwana Omo Ayama Ke Usung Mfo, Usin fien ima ke esit so that you can invest in your home land. IJN

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by baralatie(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
vikithor:
As i scroll endlessly seeing what great infrastructural development going on in this state afraiding was catching me ,why ?
that other state has ben johnson in speed fia run pass my state in terms of touchable n feelable development ,
as i hear say na akwa ibom na so esit kon nem mi dudu uu i come dey ni- ogit so tey i come happy cos na my state be ra t oooo

if vex cos of my ingrish ,tell me (not on map )but touchable n feelable things your own state governor has done ,
no mention statues construction o
mendi?
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
gameboyo:

My brother, I'm from eket and I'm yet to see what Udom has done. We attend same church, Udom is from my moms village, so u won't love Udom more than me. We created a media group, help propagate Udom, I spent my personal money for Udom's campaign.
I'm yet to see what Udom has done in eket. Before this time in akpabio's regime, ikot ekpene had changed completely from a mere village and was almost competing with uyo. When last this u go to eket? Tell me one major road in eket that Udom has repaired. I'm not talking about eket ibeno road ooo, cos that was budgeted for by the previous regime. Grace bill rd, Liverpool rd, oron rd, etebi Street, Afaha Ukwa, etc. No single major road in eket is motorable. It's a pity

Ikot Ekpene did not change overnight under Akpabio(he didnt do it in 2yrs 10months), Ikot Ekpene was the first experimental Local Govt in British West Africa even before Nigeria was birthed . Are you telling me that right from then ikot ekpene had nothing on ground?
Akpabio did not create IK as some of us will like to claim because we love Akpabio so much, He contributed his quota to the State and IK, ISD development in particular. it was huge quota and we all love and appreciate Him for that, But it did not start from him and will not end after Him, The Area and the state will keep progressing, All that you see in Akwa Ibom today is just the foundation, We can only build higher.

Now Facts:
1) Eket to Ibeno road is one of the best dualized roads in the state completed and commissioned and put to use, leading all the way to the Atlantic Ocean At Ibeno. The past admi. Budgeted for the road how much of it was built before Udom Showed Up?
2) Julius berger and CCECC are at Advanced stage of linking Eket to Uyo with the best Dual carriage way of international standard under this Administration.
3) The Government of udom Emmanuel has began Urban renwal of Eket, re positioning the once forgotten city to be able to compete with other cities.
Here is a tip of what is being done in eket as we speak:
a. https://www.nairaland.com/4014681/pictures-ongoing-urban-renewal-eket
b. https://www.nairaland.com/4314670/update-massive-urban-renewal-eket
c. https://www.nairaland.com/4383086/15000-capacity-stadium-construction-eket
d. https://www.nairaland.com/4016699/akwa-ibom-state-govt-releases

Like i said pls criticize the govt. thats your civic responsibility, but be truthful and factual in your criticisms. The fact that you cant see what is being done in Eket By this Administration in just 2yrs 10months does not mean that others dont see it.

Note you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own fact. Facts dont lie.

Eteubom,Abasi udiong fien, Anam Uwana Omo Ayama ke usung Mfo ayung Uno fien Ifiok IJN.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by pally123: 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Atouke:

Annie owo ikood idem Buhariguy ke uto buhari economy ami, Ayen eka Mmi, Owo asasak Nnan eyin. grin grin
Aba nte itung owo edo nnan, my brother
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 8:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
ubox:

I guess it's because the revenue has declined compared to before.
Julius Berger, CCECC and the rest will have high quotes cost wise

Julius berger , CCECC are currently working in Akwa Ibom as we speak. there is enough work for every construction coy in Akwa Ibom. cost not withstanding.

But you cant give resurfacing of street to Julius berger when the local contractor is capable, able and willing. Five star construction for five star project snd so on , each according to their capability.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 8:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
sisimmi:
I happily join to show the other side of Akwa Ibom. The pictures below also indicate the "sterling" performance of Emmanuel Udom. This is Community Comprehensive Secondary School, Nto Osung, Ekpenyong Atai 1, Essien Udim LGA. It is owned by the government of Akwa Ibom State. The school has been abandoned to nature for decades. Children in their hundreds study here. Let the pictures speak:

Oga, I sympathize with your community over the state of the school, But here are the Fact: this school is a community school and not a state school, it is owned by the Essien Udim Community.
Govt. cant just push its way through a property that it does not own,and begin developing it, there is a rule of law which make such action illegal, Since govt. is a creation of the law, it cannot act illegally.

Now from the picture you have posted and others,you can see that government of AKWA IBOM STATE has fulfilled its responsibility to that community, take a look at the good road with drainage which is Akwa Ibom state Standard passing through such rural community. Take a look at your photos again.

Govt. has stocked the library by your own assertion and even provided reagents for the laboratories according to you. So govt. has dont its part the community should do its part by renovating its school infrastructure.

If they cant do it they should declare their inability/ bankruptcy and Humbly, approach govt through the ministry of Education, to take over the school and run it for them.Am sure there is a frame work for such take over.

No child should be allowed to study in such school, especially into todays Akwa Ibom where primary to secondary education is free and compulsory and where school infrastructure has greatly improved.

I would suggest that concerned citizen like you should organize stakeholders in that community and lead a protest to the community board that runs the school and prevail upon them to hand over the school to the govt. who will better run it.
Abasi udiong fien.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Tonytonex(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
buhariguy:
see this one, He is APC in spirit because he is doing like APC governor
Heavy irony.
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by sisimmi: 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2018
Atouke:

Oga, I sympathize with your community over the state of the school, But here are the Fact: this school is a community school and not a state school, it is owned by the Essien Udim Community.
Govt. cant just push its way through a property that it does not own,and begin developing it, there is a rule of law which make such action illegal, Since govt. is a creation of the law, it cannot act illegally.

Now from the picture you have posted and others,you can see that government of AKWA IBOM STATE has fulfilled its responsibility to that community, take a look at the good road with drainage which is Akwa Ibom state Standard passing through such rural community. Take a look at your photos again.

Govt. has stocked the library by your own assertion and even provided reagents for the laboratories according to you. So govt. has dont its part the community should do its part by renovating its school infrastructure.

If they cant do it they should declare their inability/ bankruptcy and Humbly, approach govt through the ministry of Education, to take over the school and run it for them.Am sure there is a frame work for such take over.

No child should be allowed to study in such school, especially into todays Akwa Ibom where primary to secondary education is free and compulsory and where school infrastructure has greatly improved.

I would suggest that concerned citizen like you should organize stakeholders in that community and lead a protest to the community board that runs the school and prevail upon them to hand over the school to the govt. who will better run it.
Abasi udiong fien.

You do not seem able to read and understand English language especially in the afternoon. Else, you would have read and understood the statement that "THE SCHOOL IS OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE" . Rather than unleash the tap guarding your rancid vocal cavity to throw your asinine jabs, you could have asked to know that Akwa Ibom State government had indeed, taken over ownership of community schools eons ago. And that CCSS Nto Osung is just one out of many such horrible pig-stays that pass for school in your El Dorado Akwa Ibom State. And I shudder to believe that you expect me to applaud a government because it has fixed the road that leads to an abandoned school? It shows the degree of primitive depravity of your mind. If the government does not construct roads, schools, bridges, hospitals, markets, etc., what then would be the duty of government? To blare sirens? Fly private jets? Etc.? Oh! You mean the citizens should set up "schools board" to run their schools? Or "humbly" approach the governor? It means that the people should serve the governor, not the other way round. It is called poverty of the mind. The people truly get the sort of government they deserve! You are part of the reason Akwa Ibom is where it is. Very sad indeed!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by saintkeppy(m): 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Atouke:

Oron May have been neglected in the past But under this Administration of Udom, Oron is getting a fair share, Just like every other local govt.
Udom is a fair Administrator without tribal bias or agenda, he is righting every percieved or real slights.

The Dualized east west road terminates at Oron. Udom is dualizing the Airport road from the airport junction to Okopedi, Okobo which is in an Advanced stage of completion.
Udom Administration just began a 55.1km, 12 lane Super highway from Upenekang Junction in Ibeno to tie into the east west road in Oron.
This is By far the most ambitious road project in the state if not the Nation. Where else have you heard of such roads in Nigeria. remember this will the the major economic route in the state as it will be the main thorough fare of the Ibom Deep seaport.

Eteubom Oron is doing great under Udom. he recently appointed and Oro man from Ewang as the state number 3 man.
All this in just 2years and 10 months!

Eyen-Eka, Before embarking on the 55.1KM Super High-way that will take, God knows when, mek him do these visible ones 1st, atleast mek persin see, feel&touch, Oron is a small Town, Strategically Located by the Cross River Estuary with many gateways both National &International to the Gulf of Guinea.

*the entry road (the road in the pix) in the Oron thread, should have been expanded or dualize, together with secretariat Rd &College Rd with functional Street Lights leading to The Maritime Academy, rehabilitate few streets that needs urgent attention, I appreciate the on-going Dualization of Oron Road from the Airport, though I haven't gone there personally to see the level &quality of work done, but i'll do that soon, cos seeing is believing.

*Develope the Museum @ the Beachside to a Modern Tourist Center with a lodge, just like the Marina Resort in Calabar, these will give the town that much needed facelift.

*Provide adequate &modern Ferries to convey passengers to &fro Calabar or Doula, Cameroun, he promised this mode of Transport when he addressed AKS indigenes living &doing biz in that country, this was his early days in office. This request became necessary due to incessant boat mishap for sea travellers.

Me &you know that Mr.Ekuwem's appointment is political,& to appease the aggrieved Oro Nation people, by giving them a sense of belonging, &this is part of the 2019 re-election agenda.
All am saying is equal provisions of dividends.
If he keep his promises to the people of Oro Nation, I will personally campaign for his re-election come 2019.

Like I said before, I have absolutely nothing against His Excellency, I sincerely wish him the very best as he continue to deliver the dividends of Democracy to this GREAT State named after God.

Yak Abasi Odiong Nndito Akwa Ibom ke Ofuri Ekondo.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Atouke: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
sisimmi:

You do not seem able to read and understand English language especially in the afternoon. Else, you would have read and understood the statement that "THE SCHOOL IS OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE" . Rather than unleash the tap guarding your rancid vocal cavity to throw your asinine jabs, you could have asked to know that Akwa Ibom State government had indeed, taken over ownership of community schools eons ago. And that CCSS Nto Osung is just one out of many such horrible pig-stays that pass for school in your El Dorado Akwa Ibom State. And I shudder to believe that you expect me to applaud a government because it has fixed the road that leads to an abandoned school? It shows the degree of primitive depravity of your mind. If the government does not construct roads, schools, bridges, hospitals, markets, etc., what then would be the duty of government? To blare sirens? Fly private jets? Etc.? Oh! You mean the citizens should set up "schools board" to run their schools? Or "humbly" approach the governor? It means that the people should serve the governor, not the other way round. It is called poverty of the mind. The people truly get the sort of government they deserve! You are part of the reason Akwa Ibom is where it is. Very sad indeed!!
The govt built roads passing through the school, as shown by your potographs govt.provide reagents for school labs and books for the school equally on your photos.
Your local community that owns the school failed it's community by not doing its part by maintaining its school.
Now you are trying to blame govt. For your community failure.
If the community wants govt to take over the school because they are bankrupt or no longer able to manage the school they should appeal to govt to take it over.
Abasi udiong fien.

1 Like

Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2018
-
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 10, 2018
-
Re: Governor Udom Inspects 1700km Of Roads, 35 Bridges And 2nd Airport Runway by gameboyo: 6:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
Atouke:

Ikot Ekpene did not change overnight under Akpabio(he didnt do it in 2yrs 10months), Ikot Ekpene was the first experimental Local Govt in British West Africa even before Nigeria was birthed . Are you telling me that right from then ikot ekpene had nothing on ground?
Akpabio did not create IK as some of us will like to claim because we love Akpabio so much, He contributed his quota to the State and IK, ISD development in particular. it was huge quota and we all love and appreciate Him for that, But it did not start from him and will not end after Him, The Area and the state will keep progressing, All that you see in Akwa Ibom today is just the foundation, We can only build higher.

Now Facts:
1) Eket to Ibeno road is one of the best dualized roads in the state completed and commissioned and put to use, leading all the way to the Atlantic Ocean At Ibeno. The past admi. Budgeted for the road how much of it was built before Udom Showed Up?
2) Julius berger and CCECC are at Advanced stage of linking Eket to Uyo with the best Dual carriage way of international standard under this Administration.
3) The Government of udom Emmanuel has began Urban renwal of Eket, re positioning the once forgotten city to be able to compete with other cities.
Here is a tip of what is being done in eket as we speak:
a. https://www.nairaland.com/4014681/pictures-ongoing-urban-renewal-eket
b. https://www.nairaland.com/4314670/update-massive-urban-renewal-eket
c. https://www.nairaland.com/4383086/15000-capacity-stadium-construction-eket
d. https://www.nairaland.com/4016699/akwa-ibom-state-govt-releases

Like i said pls criticize the govt. thats your civic responsibility, but be truthful and factual in your criticisms. The fact that you cant see what is being done in Eket By this Administration in just 2yrs 10months does not mean that others dont see it.

Note you are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own fact. Facts dont lie.

Eteubom,Abasi udiong fien, Anam Uwana Omo Ayama ke usung Mfo ayung Uno fien Ifiok IJN.

Best dualised road? How? Are u aware that I'm Fri. Esit Urua? The lady village before ibeno. Best dualised with no path way? No street light? Common brother. U don't love Udom as I do. That's my LGA, that's my town. This guy attends my church, from my mum's village, u can't love him more than I do. Yes, akpabio didn't create ik, but he turned it around. I've lived in ik and I can attest to it. When last did u go to eket? Mention any important road that Udom has reconstructed. Mention just one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Defections Fallout: Tough Times For Saraki, Dogara, Others / Obasanjo Slams NOUN VC, Says I Offer Free Service / Damaturu, Yobe Under Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.