Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (41689 Views)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by miredia(m): 11:44am On Mar 08, 2018
careytommy7:
MISLEADING TOPIC HITS THE HOMEPAGE

Don't mind them gbegele people. Even though there is some truth to the fear mongering being perpetrated by some pastors in order to make their members feel compelled to give, the truth is that this forms of seeding started many years back by some who did it with faith.
When their situation suddenly turned around for good and were asked what was the secret, they confessed what they did by seeding, praying and fasting WITH FAITH.

Most people just mistakenly believe you just give others but you must back it up with the other acts in faith.
Money doubler! You better go work hard and be diligent. God is no magician.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by akintom(m): 11:45am On Mar 08, 2018
If it ever come to a time, that all pastors in Nigeria, fall on their knees in confession of their fraudulent acts and EXTORTION by MANIPULATION, only bishop oyedepo will be left. He will rather die, than repent.

The atheistic thoughts is really watering down God-idea to what it's - jokes

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by miredia(m): 11:47am On Mar 08, 2018
hypnotic:
any pastor can say anything, Bible does not lie, honour God with your tithe and sacrifices. Pastor will pass away, the Bible still remain the same
As your name says, you're truly hypnotized. A little study don't hurt.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by mystiquemaestro(m): 11:49am On Mar 08, 2018
This is very misleading, and so shameful of the OP that posted this. He never talked about tithes, he just spoke about some persons willing to go round his churches to collect first fruit.

Very misleading topic, and we are complaining of this government telling lies when nairaland is posting misleading topics here

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Kotodoctor:

It's thesame thing. Just different names. Show me one pastor in nigeria is qualified to receive tithes. Since when do Nigerians become decedent's of aaron. If by spirit covenants. Christ is our great high priest. Offering are free donations. Let no man build any laws around it.

This is what christ came to free is from in every sense. Man's laws.
thanks for your reply here. you really nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by daveP(m): 11:55am On Mar 08, 2018
Im happy. unnigerian to publicly own up to mistake once a leader, celeb.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2018
akintom:
If it ever come to a time, that all pastors in Nigeria, fall on their knees in confession of their fraudulent acts and EXTORTION by MANIPULATION, only bishop oyedepo will be left. He will rather die, than repent.

The pride and anger in that man makes me wonder how he is a pastor, even at the risk of sounding judgmental.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Spidermon: 11:58am On Mar 08, 2018
TooNoisy:
It shows how much one person can achieve if he commits to doing it. Daddy Freeze decides to speak his mind on the topic of tithes and now, some Pastors are beginning to speak up. First it was Sam Adeyemi and now Rev. Mike Okonkwo.

It shows how much one person can achieve even in Nigeria. We should all think about one societal issue we can solve for this country by simply speaking out.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by CoolAmbience(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2018
debolayinka:
People are still bothered over this tithe of a thing?

Keep it to yourself if you no wan pay and stop all these noise!

Pay tithe to who? God?

The same God that owns everything including you?

It's a different thing when contributions / donations are sought to execute projects.

As for me, there is no such thing as tithe. Period.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by chuckdee4(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
If it was Daddy Freeze that said this, the insults on this page would be unending but now man of God don talk am
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by 2unjee: 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
MATTHEW 23 Vs 23
*What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

JESUS HAS SAID YOU CAN PAY TITHE, BUT IT IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THR LAW OF JUSTICE, MERCY AND FAITHFULNESS, WE ARE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT, AND NOT THE OLD TESTAMENT TITHE IS NOT THE KEY TO ANYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by achiever12: 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Hmmmmmmmmm more revelation coming. God help us in this end time prophesies. If ministers can simply take their hands off the tithe, seeds and fruits God can release an immense overflow in the kingdom.

Unfortunately, the reason for which most of them came into ministry is because of the tithe, seeds and fruits. The most baffling thing is that their members also believe EVERYTHING! their pastors tell them, both the truths and lies.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Olumyyde(m): 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
debolayinka:
People are still bothered over this tithe of a thing?

Keep it to yourself if you no wan pay and stop all these noise!
It may be noise to u and an enlightenment to others. Save ur breath.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Olumyyde(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
onatisi:

You are misleading people with your post topic and content and it violates nairaland rules and laws, don't post misleading contents.
The video message is about "first fruits" and NOT TITHES .
Unfortunately,many dumb ppl too won't bother to watch the video before commenting.
The word dumb is really unnecessary. We can learn to make our opinions without insults. GOD bless us.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Olumyyde(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
it's all over the social media please. stop telling me what is not. check other online newspaper OK. watch series of his videos and come back OK.
U're correct Johnnyessence, I even have the video on my phone.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by hypnotic(m): 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2018
If you were in a location no church, no internet, just your bible, what do you do?
miredia:
As your name says, you're truly hypnotized. A little study don't hurt.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

Unfortunately, the reason for which most of them came into ministry is because of the tithe, seeds and fruits. The most baffling thing is that their members also believe EVERYTHING! their pastors tell them, both the truths and lies.
that is the most painful part, the way they fight for pastor as if he's God is enormous. God will give us the wisdow to win souls for Christ in this end time.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
Olumyyde:

U're correct Johnnyessence, I even have the video on my phone.
thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. you have already vindicated me here. thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by hypnotic(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
Jesus Christ died and rose among other things to connect us to the blessings of Abraham, how did Abraham becomes rich: Tithing and obedience
miredia:
As your name says, you're truly hypnotized. A little study embarassed don't hurt.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
so freeze has been right all along...
when is suleiman and adeboye going to confess?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by vuc1(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
What I know is that God never took away WILL power from us.Some elements are just forcefully deceiving others.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
MorataFC:
Seun, all your supermods are trying to put your business down, they are trying to make mockery of what you have worked for for many years, and if this trends continues like this to push misleading topic or unverified messages to the front page then nairaland is heading for doom.

My two cents.
Oga seun, dont mind this man trying to make ur mods look bad.
the topic is very much on point
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by DONFASZY(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
Daddy freeze wil b so api here
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by dermmy(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Tithe is optional just like the blessing it provokes.

Money don't provoke blessing it's an insult on the work of redemption. Bill Gate's billions can't provoke GOD to rain any blessing let alone the 5k, 10k Nigerians give to the church, who do you think GOD is? What about​ the billionaire hindu guys in India or the Japanese Buddhist billionaires, those who control the wealth of this world are those people outside the church. How many of these ministries have produced the richest man or top 10 in the world? Every good things come from GOD he sends his rain on the righteous and non righteous people. We pay tithe in order to help the work of God not to become rich.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Evince(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
All of them pastors are still thief. Why are they coming up to admit that everything they said are made up all because freeze attack their incompetence in things of God. They still lie about speaking in tongues and other things.

Since I started reading Bible, I hv been challenging my parents with a lot of lies told us by pastors who interpreted Bible to suit their lifestyle.

Speaking in tongues
Tithe
First fruit
Laws
Marriage
Traditions etc.

We all do our traditional marriage yet we come and do white marriage why. Has ant white ever done black marriage.

No wonder chinua achebe said and I quote " how do you expect us to fight when our brothers have turned against us. The white man came quietly and peaceably with his religion and we were amused by his foolishness and allowed him to stay, he has won our brothers and our clan can no longer act like one, he has put knife in the things that held us together and we have fallen apart". As long as we rejected our tradition the center cannot hold
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by donsteady(m): 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
akintom:

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
Edopesin:
How much did freeze pay him ��
slave, freeze isn't one of your yahoo pastors
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2018
MorataFC:
Seun, all your supermods are trying to put your business down, they are trying to make mockery of what you have worked for for many years, and if this trends continues like this to push misleading topic or unverified messages to the front page then nairaland is heading for doom.

My two cents.
ye e pain am :-P
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by GrammarCheck: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
No wonder!!!

I grew up in TREM. From Akoka HQ to Obanikoro old church, to the mega church. I never heard the word First Fruit. The only things we did were tithe and offering. And tithing was optional. Very optional. If you wanted to donate money in church towards a project, it was your choice by making a vow.

Until I visited BLW on campus because we didn't really have a TREM campus fellowship...and I kept wondering what the hell first fruit meant.

Big Daddy didn't teach us such. Where you will hear big daddy's voice is Discipline and Faith.

As a child, chai, I had faith for Africa because of what he preached in church. I still have Faith sha
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Papyk: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
damosky12:

Don't be deceived o! This has nothing to do with Daddy Freeze.

Freeze, like demons do, only pounced on an imperfection to paint the church of Christ in a bad light.

Freeze is not of God. Anyone quite familiar with the scriptures shouldn't find that hard.
Whether you like it or not Daddy freeze is sent by God After God himself was tired of your 419 GOs.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
damosky12:
Compulsory tithing is not the only imperfect doctrine being taught in a few churches. Tithing is just one of them.
Now, that some churches collect tithes doesn't mean they are after money or that they are false churches. Tithe tradition, just like certain other imperfect doctrines had been passed over and over for a while...
So, it doesnt mean the churches that collect tithes aren't genuine churches of God. Its just an imperfection as normal.

Also, this has nothing to do with Freeze. Many of us had taught that giving is freewill before the demon in him began to seek cheap points to persecute the church. We shouldn't be fooled.
with all the rubbish your typed, you still can't hide your lake of sincerity
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by GrammarCheck: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
I just watched this video again..

He is going to have many enemies for this ooo!

"It is not every gift you take, take the one that can let you sleep"

"Even if I didn't see taking first fruits in the bible, my conscience will not let me"

God bless you Big Daddy"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.