Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (41691 Views)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Goshen360(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
Bishop Mike just shot himself in the leg. If he's saying first fruit is not a new testament practice, how about tithe? Same is tithe, it's not a new covenant practice and such cannot be found in the new testament.

Who's Bishop Mike disguising to? You recently invited Ashimolowo to your church and alas, his message was on tithe. If first fruit not in the practice of new testament Christians so is tithe you should drop it off your church and stop the double standard.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
teamtibzy:
Even if his sermon on First fruit is right, it still doesn't create the room for disrespect and to hurl words at them.

If you don't give two hoots about their position, that is your choice. I'll advise you follow the path David (in the Bible) took when he had the chance to kill Saul, (the man who was stubbornly hunting him so as to kill him) but didn't:

1 Samuel 26:8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8 Then said Abishai to David, God hath delivered thine enemy into thine hand this day: now, therefore, let me smite him, I pray thee, with the spear even to the earth at once, and I will not smite him the second time.

9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?

10 David said furthermore, As the Lord liveth, the Lord shall smite him; or his day shall come to die; or he shall descend into battle, and perish.

Let God himself judge them if they are guilty.
it is either you're a pastor, or your relative is one, or your benefactor is one. For i can't explain why you're so thick skulled
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
damosky12:

Don't be deceived o! This has nothing to do with Daddy Freeze.

Freeze, like demons do, only pounced on an imperfection to paint the church of Christ in a bad light.

Freeze is not of God. Anyone quite familiar with the scriptures shouldn't find that hard.
this happens when you miss sentiment with logic. The holy bible was instructive about tithe, but your sentiment and fear won't let you face the truth. Your pastor is no levite
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
this tithes matter, when will the controversies end......now the attack is now o the church instead of the gov't....daddy freeze come and finish what you have started o
ignore this one
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
GrammarCheck:
No wonder!!!

I grew up in TREM. From Akoka HQ to Obanikoro old church, to the mega church. I never heard the word First Fruit. The only things we did were tithe and offering. And tithing was optional. Very optional. If you wanted to donate money in church towards a project, it was your choice by making a vow.

Until I visited BLW on campus because we didn't really have a TREM campus fellowship...and I kept wondering what the hell first fruit meant.

Big Daddy didn't teach us such. Where you will hear big daddy's voice is Discipline and Faith.

As a child, chai, I had faith for Africa because of what he preached in church. I still have Faith sha

This is not true.

It may not have been said explicitly, but tithing was made compulsory. It was implied.

firstly as a Worker and graduate of School of Discipleship, you had to be a tither. Tithe booklets were issued.

Big Daddy used to take a Sunday to pray for tithers.

Even he has admitted that he used to preach that non-tithers are cursed.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by hotboz: 3:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
This OP is just a liar. Simple!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by GrammarCheck: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
BushWickBill:

This is not true.

It may not have been said explicitly, but tithing was made compulsory. It was implied.

firstly as a Worker and graduate of School of Discipleship, you had to be a tither. Tithe booklets were issued.

Big Daddy used to take a Sunday to pray for tithers.

Even he has admitted that he used to preach that non-tithers are cursed.

I wasn't a worker or sch of discipleship member. I was just a go- to- church person and i did not feel coerced to pay tithe. He didnt threaten fire and brimstone like I saw in other places. As far as I was concerned it wasn't by force.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by petchi: 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
it's all over the social media please. stop telling me what is not. check other online newspaper OK. watch series of his videos and come back OK.

Johnyessence shame on you. You are a BIG TIME SCAMMER. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by damosky12(m): 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2018
Papyk:
Whether you like it or not Daddy freeze is sent by God After God himself was tired of your 419 GOs.

The sad thing with you guys is that you are ignorant and doggedly into ignorance. I never said I am into tithing doctrines.

I taught against compulsory giving even before your Messiah, freeze, came to freeze you up.
You can read up my article if you are literate enough to be willing to learn.
https://www.nairaland.com/4171061/what-sheeples-need-know-tithing

That he speaks against tithing doesn't make him of God. The same guy spoke against evangelism, healing, etc.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by damosky12(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
Eagba:
this happens when you miss sentiment with logic. The holy bible was instructive about tithe, but your sentiment and fear won't let you face the truth. Your pastor is on levite

I don't blame you much. You probably weren't brought up to read patiently. I never spoke for tithing in my post...

Learn here, https://www.nairaland.com/4171061/what-sheeples-need-know-tithing

As for Freeze, he is not always right. Its risky to learn from him.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by damosky12(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Eagba:
with all the rubbish your typed, you still can't hide your lake of sincerity

If only you could read. If only you were smart enough to read well before commenting!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Eagba(m): 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=damosky12 post=65669292]

The sad thing with you guys is that you are ignorant and doggedly into ignorance. I never said I am into tithing doctrines.

I taught against compulsory giving even before your Messiah, freeze, came to freeze you up.
You can read up my article if you are literate enough to be willing to learn.
https://www.nairaland.com/4171061/what-sheeples-need-know-tithing
i'm so ashamed on behave my nigerian pastors. If they have nothing to gain on this tithe issue, they won't be dragging it. Compulsory or not compulsory tithe, what's wrong is wrong. Even offering i don't give until i make sure that the church releases their financial report weekly or monthly and their is no "rotten" fish in the report.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by derecho(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
I didn't bother to watch anything.. Even if baba Adeboye or any angel come to say Tithe isn't scriptural, I didn't believe the Bible because of them.I BELIEVE GOD'S WORD and I look to His Spirit to lead me.I can't be tossed around. TITHING is one of the ways I honour God with my substance and I don't need any Pastor to validate it.I have seen it and I believe it.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by DeWisedon(m): 5:15pm On Mar 08, 2018
that man is simply saying trash,the principle of success is simply giving, its a natural law
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Edopesin: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Eagba:
slave, freeze isn't one of your yahoo pastors
Unfortunately for you, I don't give a fvck about freeze or fuckiing pastors
So shut your mouth douche

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by kingchris30(m): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2018
Tithing is a personal thing I believe that, some people believe they are blessed through it and as for them it works for them and that you are cursed if you don't pay, is not actually God but your pastor, you can actually receive blessing and curse from your pastors. if you don't believed in tithe the best thing is to find a church that practice what you believe. there is blessings attached to obedience to Man of God, don't confuse it with God, God cannot curse you for not paying tithe, his blessings are free, just understand that when pastors say "if you don't pay tithe, thing will be tight" he is indirectly cursing you and if you under such congregation! watch out, don't be under any pastor that you don't agree with his doctrine, If you can't obey just leave the church. Am not saying that tithe is good or bad but you will understand somethings as you mature as a Christian. I don't pay tithe anyway but I give freely for the work of God and mind you they are not the same.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by damosky12(m): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=Eagba post=65670056][/quote]

Learn from the Bible. Why won't you give offering?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Greatzeus(m): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
MorataFC:
Seun, all your supermods are trying to put your business down, they are trying to make mockery of what you have worked for for many years, and if this trends continues like this to push misleading topic or unverified messages to the front page then nairaland is heading for doom.

My two cents.
Shut your crab,it seems Op is trying to spoil business for you by posting this topic Why is it paining you so much. Leave people's hard earned money alone,use your God given brain to do something.
Lastly keep your stupid advise to yourself,seun doesn't it need it. He grew Africa's biggest forum,what have you achieved in your life
It's not in the place of a pauper to be given financial advise to millionaire, **** tongue, use your advice to make something out of your life.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Olumyyde(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. you have already vindicated me here. thank you.
You're welcome.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by mikeaims: 2:30am On Mar 09, 2018
for every person defending their pastors pls know that every church worldwide is registered as A CHARITY ORGANIZATION. if the needy in your church has been ignored then ur pastors are fraudsters.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by mikeaims: 2:36am On Mar 09, 2018
pastors are now changing their mouth because people are now seeing the truth for themselves. many more pastors will change course of their hard stance on supporting tithing. I just pity their fanatic members who will be mocked when their pastors confess. I pray for their liberation from the voodoo spells cast on them by theitr pastors
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 3:39am On Mar 09, 2018
Olumyyde:
You're welcome.
thanks.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 3:42am On Mar 09, 2018
petchi:

Johnyessence shame on you. You are a BIG TIME SCAMMER. undecided undecided undecided
where have I scam you? stop disgracing yourself here OK. check other internet platforms and read the news more online. you just have to agree with me here that am saying the fact OK. check pulse.ng and other online newspaper. I have been vindicated by alot of people. so please take your time to read all through OK. I will never be a scammer, and I won't indulge in such a crime. I have a name to protect OK. get this straight.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Olumyyde(m): 7:37am On Mar 09, 2018
Johnnyessence:
where have I scam you? stop disgracing yourself here OK. check other internet platforms and read the news more online. you just have to agree with me here that am saying the fact OK. check pulse.ng and other online newspaper. I have been vindicated by alot of people. so please take your time to read all through OK. I will never be a scammer, and I won't indulge in such a crime. I have a name to protect OK. get this straight.
Brotherly, why bother yourself with all these talk. If your explanation isn't taken, let them deal with it.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 9:37am On Mar 09, 2018
GrammarCheck:

I wasn't a worker or sch of discipleship member. I was just a go- to- church person and i did not feel coerced to pay tithe. He didnt threaten fire and brimstone like I saw in other places. As far as I was concerned it wasn't by force.

As a former worker in TREM I can tell you it was compulsory.

As a former graduate of School of Discipleship I can tell you it was compulsory

Yes he didn't threaten anybody, but it was implied in several ways that it was compulsory.

To me it is still the same. Whether or not there was a threat. He used to take one sunday in every month to pray for tithers. That is a subtle way to coerce people into tithing.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by GrammarCheck: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
BushWickBill:

As a former worker in TREM I can tell you it was compulsory.

As a former graduate of School of Discipleship I can tell you it was compulsory

Yes he didn't threaten anybody, but it was implied in several ways that it was compulsory.

To me it is still the same. Whether or not there was a threat. He used to take one sunday in every month to pray for tithers. That is a subtle way to coerce people into tithing.

Well, your kettle of fish.

It remains my humble opinion
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
This is coming after the whole show& ministry has been sponsored to publicity by Tithe payers money.
Well, there's blessing in tithing. Its between the thither and his God based on personal relationship, not based on a cajoled giving.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Johnnyessence(m): 2:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Olumyyde:

Brotherly, why bother yourself with all these talk. If your explanation isn't taken, let them deal with it.
thanks for your reply here.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by od4life(m): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by CodeTemplar: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
MorataFC:
Seun, all your supermods are trying to put your business down, they are trying to make mockery of what you have worked for for many years, and if this trends continues like this to push misleading topic or unverified messages to the front page then nairaland is heading for doom.

My two cents.
Seun should please look into this ASAP.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 8:02am On Mar 10, 2018
GrammarCheck:

Well, your kettle of fish.

It remains my humble opinion
Thank you for the subtle put down.

My kettle of fish doesn't make you understand what I encountered as a worker.

Your "humble" opinion is sacred to you.

Sorry for trying to correct an impression, especially one that was formed from afar. My experience at close quarters isn't enough for you. You still want to hold onto your"humble opinion" so as not to be seen as wanting.

If I ask you to find out if my assertion about workers tithing is true from workers who are still there you will insult me again. So I will allow you and your ego to be.

It is people like you and their attitude that drove me out of the church: people whose pride is paramount; who can't climb down from a position and admit they may not be right in spite of the facts on ground. You did not counter the fact that Bishop took a Sunday in each month to pray for tithers-a subtle way of coercion into tithe paying.
You decided to call it my kettle of fish.

Please let this needless debate end here. I have better things than indulging in this pettiness.

Good day

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2018
Goshen360:
Bishop Mike just shot himself in the leg. If he's saying first fruit is not a new testament practice, how about tithe? Same is tithe, it's not a new covenant practice and such cannot be found in the new testament.

Who's Bishop Mike disguising to? You recently invited Ashimolowo to your church and alas, his message was on tithe. If first fruit not in the practice of new testament Christians so is tithe you should drop it off your church and stop the double standard.
Big bro

I respect your anti-tithe stance from way back.

To me his message is not clear enough. He should go all the way in debunking the entire practice.

It is clear that these people trying to save face are not ready to repent.

The pro-tithe brigade will still keep up their vanguard irrespective of the evidence on ground. It looks like Bishop Okonkwo doesn't want to ruffle feathers. The PFN pastors may not like the sound of what he is saying but he comes across as stopping halfway.

Just that a half truth is also a half lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.