Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (41687 Views)

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? / It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by doyinbaby(f): 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
On tithe freeze is correct..,....but freeze is an unbeliever if you listen to him too much he will mislead you......

1 Like

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Goshen360(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
BushWickBill:

Big bro

I respect your anti-tithe stance from way back.

To me his message is not clear enough. He should go all the way in debunking the entire practice.

It is clear that these people trying to save face are not ready to repent.

The pro-tithe brigade will still keep up their vanguard irrespective of the evidence on ground. It looks like Bishop Okonkwo doesn't want to ruffle feathers. The PFN pastors may not like the sound of what he is saying but he comes across as stopping halfway.

Just that a half truth is also a half lie

Exactly!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by MuttleyLaff: 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2018
BushWickBill:
Thank you for the subtle put down.

My kettle of fish doesn't make you understand what I encountered as a worker.

Your "humble" opinion is sacred to you.

Sorry for trying to correct an impression, especially one that was formed from afar. My experience at close quarters isn't enough for you. You still want to hold onto your"humble opinion" so as not to be seen as wanting.

If I ask you to find out if my assertion about workers tithing is true from workers who are still there you will insult me again. So I will allow you and your ego to be.

It is people like you and their attitude that drove me out of the church:
people whose pride is paramount;
who can't climb down from a position and admit they may not be right in spite of the facts on ground.
You did not counter the fact that Bishop took a Sunday in each month to pray for tithers-a subtle way of coercion into tithe paying.
You decided to call it my kettle of fish.
That one, plus the insensitivity and hypocrisy in organised church, which funnily enough, actually is just a glorified social club

Imagine two ladies I know who go to different branches of one these big Penterascal churches, always having to reach out, not to their regular fellow worshippers
but to outsiders for assistance with last minute child minding issues, or car breakdown help.

I always wonder why these two ladies, don't call on their over 100 local church members for child minding or car breakdown assistance but always first and only call on others

BushWickBill:
Please let this needless debate end here. I have better things than indulging in this pettiness.

Good day
More groundnut oil to your elbow
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by BushWickBill: 8:05am On Mar 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
That one, plus the insensitivity and hypocrisy in organised church, which funnily enough, actually is just a glorified social club

Imagine two ladies I know who go to different branches of one these big Penterascal churches, always having to reach out, not to their regular fellow worshippers
but to outsiders for assistance with last minute child minding issues, or car breakdown help.

I always wonder why these two ladies, don't call on their over 100 local church members for child minding or car breakdown assistance but always first and only call on others

You are so correct.

At the heart of most Christian gatherings is vanity, pride, ego. Strife, wranglings, clanishness. Things we are supposed to put away having taken in up the likeness of Christ.

Just like the fellow that was calling my opinion kettle of fish. Very insulting and demeaning from someone who was supposedly under the ministry of the same Bishop. Bishop's message cannot get him to be humble enough to accept superior logic and argument in the spirit of brotherhood in Christ. Yet we wonder why Christianity is supposedly under attack when we can't even get ourselves together.

Christians are their own worst enemies. They cheat each other, sleep with each other's spouses, betray and collide with outsiders against each other at all levels. I'm not surprised that someone talks to me the way they did despite being under the same minister. It's the reason why nobody takes any Christian seriously.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) by Goshen360(m): 11:56pm On May 27, 2018
BushWickBill:

Big bro

I respect your anti-tithe stance from way back.

To me his message is not clear enough. He should go all the way in debunking the entire practice.

It is clear that these people trying to save face are not ready to repent.

The pro-tithe brigade will still keep up their vanguard irrespective of the evidence on ground. It looks like Bishop Okonkwo doesn't want to ruffle feathers. The PFN pastors may not like the sound of what he is saying but he comes across as stopping halfway.

Just that a half truth is also a half lie

You are 100% correct brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.