Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

“children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady (19667 Views)

Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Partnerbiz2: 6:26am On Mar 08, 2018
Honesty if you don't have enough money, these things may be frustrating.
Training of kids is never easy...

4 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by remsonik(f): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Bringing a child one can't take care of to this world does not make the child a burden...that is a very wrong thing to say..
I don't mean it in a bad way but children are a burden. If you can't take care of a child and not ready to train your child then no need having them cos you will make sacrifices and plans that will serve as a burden to you! It's the bitter truth oga

6 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Uyi168: 6:29am On Mar 08, 2018
...Its also one of the reasons we aint productive and innovative in this part of the world..

7 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by nairalanduseles: 6:29am On Mar 08, 2018
Donald3d:
Why all of una dey misunderstand the lady na undecided
Una no do english comprehension for primary school ?
She is saying the truth, she is saying what it means to have kids and the sacrifices you have to take .
She no talk say make una no born pikin.Its simple logic
I don taya for una

no mind this yeye kids for nl wey still dey suck mummy bobi

4 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:29am On Mar 08, 2018
i agree with her but only to a certain extent. children are a blessing but they can also be a burden. infact even as a guy (am not even the one to carry the baby ooo) i live with this fear anytime i see a kid that has been failed by his parents. so the lady is just saying the bitter truth.

4 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by ysteph: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2018
Her opinion....
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2018
remsonik:

You were never a burden cos your parents made sacrifices and plans for you. Some are never ready to take care of their children cos when they are growing it's a burden to them. You need to adjust your lifestyle for them as responsible parents.
That was why i said people that think children are burden are not responsible..

by the way no child is a burden..

If you can't take care of a child, give him or her up to families that wants a child..

saying the kid is a burden is not right,, that statement is very wrong..

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by jericco1(m): 6:37am On Mar 08, 2018
she's actually telling the truth

2 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by AreaFada2: 6:37am On Mar 08, 2018
Auntie Mental Health, were you a burden to your mother too? shocked shocked

Yes having kids requires sacrifice. Same as our parents did.

Humans have had kids since eternity, even when living caves and battling the elements. They could have decided not to have kids and let mankind go extinct.

At least these days we have the means to control how many kids we procreate.
This further stresses the need for kids to have a dad & mum. While one takes time out of career to raise the kids, the other continues to climb.
This days, if the woman has a better job or has better prospects, the man can take time out.

Current New Zealand PM plans to do just that after her six weeks maternity leave later this year. Her hubby will look after their baby.

3 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by uuzba(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2018
If that is how it is for you better not to give birth.
Do not abort
So not use contraception either.

Leave other people's children alone. Just face your work.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by smallatobs(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2018
With your simple grammar they can't understand your point just because of your sexy look.
This Lady don't appreciate giving but, but is it that you're a load to your parent? Well is all about planning, just did your maths well and you will never regret of having children.
Priscy01:
A Nigerian Mental Health Practioner has declared and given her reasons why she feels children are a burden.

In her tweet that has since gone viral, she wrote children often slow down careers, and they are very costly and time also consuming.

Read her full tweets below;
“Children are a burden (I don’t mean this in a bad way, it is what it is). They often slow down careers, are very costly and are very time consuming. It’s sad that some are carelessly brought into the world by people unwilling to make those sacrifices.”

“Without a kid you typically have to mainly worry about yourself. With a child, you have to factor them into every decision you make. You have another load to carry, you can’t be as impulsive and frivolous, you shift your way of living to accommodate them.”

https://www.torimill.com/2018/03/children-are-a-burden-they-slow-down-careers-and-are-very-time-consuming-lady.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by uuzba(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2018
jericco1:
she's actually telling the truth

For her own personal self... It is correct.
It is not correct for others.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 08, 2018
remsonik:

I don't mean it in a bad way but children are a burden. If you can't take care of a child and not ready to train your child then no need having them cos you will make sacrifices and plans that will serve as a burden to you! It's the bitter truth oga
Stop using the term children are burden ..

I get your point but at a time in our life, we have to adjust to current situations of life, we all have to make sacrifices one way or the other..
That is what makes us responsible humans..

There is no love without sacrifice..

But if one can't take care of his child, then there are foundations that can take care of the child..

If the foundations don't see them as burdens then they are not a burden..
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Carter4luv(m): 6:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Children who are gift from God are now burden to women.

Time will come u will luk for those burden(children) to give u joy wen u retire from ur career.

2 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Crankshaft: 6:44am On Mar 08, 2018
She has the right to say this and she is right with it. Like it or leave it. I can read her mind on this. She is not saying you should not have a child, she is not saying you can't have as many children as you want. She is only beckoning on you to notice the implication of raising a child/ children.

There are sacrifices you have to make as parents; in giving your children the quality of life they deserve. We have grown past that era were raising so many kids symbolized fame, strength and royalty depending on the belief one has.

Truly speaking, the time used to raise many kids can cost you your career or even your life.

On a little note, raise quality and not quantity.

10 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by tunary(m): 6:44am On Mar 08, 2018
The truth they say is always bitter even when it seems wrong to say

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by whitebeard(m): 6:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Can u believe some people are saying this, okay all this immature people everywhere on nl..no shite, reality hasn't dawn on u yet, u think everybody's life is the same...oh my..!!! The fingers ain't equal..
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Her life and her opinion.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by drololaaof: 6:49am On Mar 08, 2018
Drinklimca it shall be well with you,you captured it well if she was not born how will she be making such stupid comment,go and see what happen to those without children when ageing, those defending her ,she overstretch burden

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 08, 2018
It is well. If you don't like it, you can skip them. But don't come back tomorrow and cry of childlessness or your husband having another wife. Your mother in law will reply you very soon.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Chapence: 6:51am On Mar 08, 2018
She should know she was once a kid too.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by KINGTELLER: 6:52am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
That was why i said people that think children are burden are not responsible..

by the way no child is a burden..

If you can't take care of a child, give him or her up to families that wants a child..

saying the kid is a burden is not right,, that statement is very wrong..

Dude you're are misconstruing the definition of that burden in the contest of the writer's view. A burden in this case means a heavy task ( describe a problem or a responsibility as a burden, you mean that it causes someone a lot of difficulties, worry, or hard-work. - Collins dictionary) the OP is saying the actual truth even if it may sound unpleasant to some people.. When an offspring is sick or admitted, parents are not settled in their thought, they can go extra miles to stop existing project to attend to their children's need

7 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by israelmao(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Some call them a burden but I call them a blessing!
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by maj59(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2018
u for no come dis life na.... if ur mama day reason like d way u take day reason like toilet
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Boyooosa(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2018
Continue breastfeeding bfs, u hear. Ull tell me the one that sags ur bress more in the next 10 years without any evidence to show. Lala, next pls...
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2018
Cutehector:
You see Darling, when you are broke in life, things like this becomes a nightmare for you.

Have money.. Everything gets easier. Even with kids, some people still survive and are doing better than the single ones out there.

What she said is right tho. Even when ur rich and can hire 10 maids you still have to be there physically,which means you have to close early from work n do some other things you don’t do when ur single.
Just like a mother having to wake up by 2am in d morning to wake up the little one to go and pee.
It really is stressful

5 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by marvin906(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2018
I understand her to some point..
don't bring children into this world when you know you can't take care of them.
now another thing is this financial balance in life is by the grace of God...
whether you like it or not everyday will not be milk and honey
honestly if many people where to look at the reasons not to have kid's..
then majority of Peep's won't think of procreation..
my family for example..
when I was born my dad didn't have a job for three year's it was really tough for my Peep's..
@ some point I wonder why they didn't wait till all was good..
later in life have come to understand that you can never be completely ready in all aspects for kid's..
if you say you want to wait honestly you might never do it..

2 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Truflexunits(m): 7:00am On Mar 08, 2018
Hoelosho wld come here to seek uneccesary attention just to advertise their ugly faces and their fallen breast. Mitchew
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Samkeniyy(m): 7:02am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Bringing a child one can't take care of to this world does not make the child a burden...that is a very wrong thing to say..

It's not a wrong thing to say. So you mean to say that you will go ahead and put someone in the family even though you don't have the capacity. Don't start what you can't handle. Tired of seeing women with five children begging all across the street. African man thinks about miracles saying God will take care of the child. Wake up from your slumber dude, nobody will take care of the child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:

The child is a burden (In the lady's context)
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by zolajpower: 7:03am On Mar 08, 2018
eleojo23:

And she is also right on the second point. My Mum got her master's degree when I was studying for my own first degree... something she would have gotten earlier if she wasn't busy taking care of us

I will.agree with you on the first comment you made about having a sizeable number of children you can cater for even the rich who have money tends to look after few kids . But on your second statements i totally disagree. What if she has her masters degree and shes yet to marry let alone having kids? Have you thought about that ,so life is a give and take you take whatever it present to you. I have seen career ladies with phd but are yet to have a man in.there life all.because they feel.there struggle to career part is much important than having a man in there life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.