Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

“children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady (19662 Views)

Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Pastor Discovers His Children Are Not His, After DNA Tests / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Chukazu: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
lexy2014:
when u raise a child, u are investing in d child's future. D essence might not b 4 he/she 2 now b ur bank in old age but 4d child 2b successful and independent. I don't no were u got d idea that there's a Nigerian way of thinking as regards kids. If u teach a child good morals, isn't that an investment? If u teach a child how 2 look out 4 himself/herself isn't that an investment which u will yield by having fulfilment&pride and which d society will gain from? Do Nigerian parents not practice this or are u from another country?

When you carry Belle for next nine months,it's also investment not burden according to you? undecided

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chukazu:

It's not all about money.
Have you seen a woman with twins or triplets?

My aunt almost had a nervous breakdown... imagine having to breastfeed 2-3 hefty kids turn by turn at same time?
So what can money do in such scenario?...buy breast milk? undecided

Ask your aunty is she sees them as a burden to her. You are seeing it from an outside perspective.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Chukazu: 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2018
ImaIma1:

Ask your aunty is she sees them as a burden to her. You are seeing it from an outside perspective.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Chukazu: 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
ImaIma1:

I think have answered this already.

Have you heard of such thing as "burden of freedom?"

Until you experience some stuff ,the best you do is to speculate
If I remember how many nights I couldn't sleep because I was waiting for the twins to sleep , even when you sleep is one eye open, just for few months I was with them ,compare to the mother that had to endure such every other day...and you still wondering whether it's a burden undecided

Or you think of how many women have to let go a career goal to have babies, you wondering whether it's a burden undecided? You want the woman to apologise? undecided

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Enmas078(m): 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
emmayayodeji:
See bashing comments!!
This girl is actually saying the bitter truth

Especially in this part of the world where the sole reason for most marriages is to start manufacturing children with no adequate plans and amenities to cater for em

I love the latter part only....
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by ImaIma1(f): 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chukazu:

I think have answered this already.

Have you heard of such thing as "burden of freedom?"

Until you experience some stuff ,the best you do is to speculate
If I remember how many nights I couldn't sleep because I was waiting for the twins to sleep , even when you sleep is one eye open, just for few months I was with them ,compare to the mother that had to endure such every other day...and you still wondering whether it's a burden undecided

Or you think of how many women have to let go a career goal to have babies, you wondering whether it's a burden undecided? You want the woman to apologise? undecided

Well i have a first hand experience at the moment. Even if i have to keep vigils at night, deal with endless need for attention and cries and even quit work, i have never seen it as a burden.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by kennyrachael(f): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
DrinkLimca:
She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

No kid is a burden and children are not burden..

On the contrary children are blessing to the world because all great men and women that have made the world a better place were ones kids..

I was never a burden to my parents.. and i believe that she too was never a burden to her parents and that was why she was not aborted..

People that think children are burden are irresponsible people that failed to plan for their lives..

They are wayward and selfish so they see children as a burden because they live a wayward life filled with bad decisions, they are lazy in even taking care of themselves so they see kids as a burden when their inresponsibilities brings a child out of wedlock..
Exactly may God forgive her with those trash words.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chukazu:

When you carry Belle for next nine months,it's also investment not burden according to you? undecided
yes and I stand 2b corrected
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by lexy2014: 3:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chukazu:

is getting educated a burden or an investment?
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:

senseless and stupid...
Are you sure your head is correct?
You this 12 years old virgin smallie..
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Chukazu: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
lexy2014:
is getting educated a burden or an investment?

You are not investing nothing... that is archaic mentality.
The least you owe a child you brought into this world (they didn't force you to have sex) is education.

Children are not stock exchange or treasury bill for investment

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by lexy2014: 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2018
Chukazu:

The least you owe a child you brought into this world (they didn't force you to have sex) is education.

and what is education, is it an investment or a burden?
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Delivar(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2018
Cutehector:
You see Darling, when you are broke in life, things like this becomes a nightmare for you.

Have money.. Everything gets easier. Even with kids, some people still survive and are doing better than the single ones out there.

Whether you are broke or not doesn't matter. Are you saying you will hire someone to take care of the kids for you while you focus on something else? There is no way you have kids and wouldn't give them attention, time and energy. Then what's the need of having kids then?
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Delivar(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2018
DrinkLimca:
She is a mental health practitioner and i think that she is developing mental deficiency that needs serious attention from a real health practitioner...

On the contrary children are blessing to the world because all great men and women that have made the world a better place were ones kids..

I was never a burden to my parents.. and i believe that she too was never a burden to her parents and that was why she was not aborted..

People that think children are burden are irresponsible people that failed to plan for their lives..

They are wayward and selfish so they see children as a burden because they live a wayward life filled with bad decisions, they are lazy in even taking care of themselves so they see kids as a burden when their inresponsibilities brings a child out of wedlock..
At this point in time the population is approaching dangerous levels. Kids are now a curse and threat to world stability

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Xisnin(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
kokoboy4life:

Your comment show how a typical Nigerian person think how would you say bearing children in numbers it’s an investment what about you as parent working hard to have a formidable life for yourself so that when your child grow up and still yet to have a better life you won’t pile pressure on him/her to start giving you money. This kind of thought it’s what is bringing this country backward, we need to change the way we thinks

Without such thought, you will probably be living under bridge while scraping by.
Some of you just make suggestions without thinking deep.
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by kokoboy4life(m): 11:12pm On Mar 09, 2018
Chukazu:

@chukazu you made my day with this your comment most Nigerians reproduce kids just because they want to yield financial benefits from the child when he or she grow old and many ppl believe is that if they can have 4children one of them will surly be rich. I think Nigeria Govt should implement birth control into law so that there will be control on the outrageous population we are currently encountering as a country.

3 Likes

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
DrinkLimca:

Best Comment all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
emmayayodeji:
See bashing comments!!
This girl is actually saying the bitter truth

Especially in this part of the world where the sole reason for most marriages is to start manufacturing children with no adequate plans and amenities to cater for em
is it now the child's fault that the mother refused to use her head
Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
eleojo23:
I think she is indirectly trying to say that people should give birth to the number of kids they can take care of.
she said kids,all of them not some or enough,all
stop deceiving ppl

Don't go and be producing children as if na only you God give the command to 'be fruitful and multiply'

And she is also right on the second point. My Mum got her master's degree when I was studying for my own first degree... something she would have gotten earlier if she wasn't busy taking care of us.

I know men who do 2 jobs because they have kids to take care of. If they didn't have kids, they can live on one job comfortably with their wives.

So parenting involves sacrifices.

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 13, 2018
Chukazu:

Please ignore this person you’re replying. He/she is incapable of understanding things that are not mundane, check his/her past posts, and you won’t waste your breath again.

The typical Nigerian wants to give birth and litter the place with children they can’t afford. Suffer to train them, and then come back to emotionally blackmail them in their old age, citing years of suffering to invest in them as what gives them automatic entitlement to being taken care of. It’s ridiculous but won’t end.

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by akaahs(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote] Bringing a child one can't take care of to this world does not make the child a burden...that is a very wrong thing to say.. [/quote
Oga, is a burden. We are 7 in number, I remembered when my mother give birth to the fifth child, I adviced her to stop at that. Unknowingly to me, her dad had already advice to stop and focus on developing herself. Now everything is on my head, she lost her job as a primary school teacher 2 years ago. I can't save anything to invest on myself, invest on any venture nor give her something for up keep. I still have waec to pay for the last born and fourth semester registration for the fourth born.
Guy she telling the truth.

1 Like

Re: “children Are A Burden. They Slow Down Careers & Are Time Consuming” - Lady by Femsyn(m): 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Any extra, be it children or spouse is a burden (i wish there was a nicer word).

Some spouses wouldve gotten ahead in their careers with better jobs or jobs that isn't very marriage-supporting e.g. P.A. to a globe trotting CEO. But because of family, they tend to want to stay put in unfulfilling careers.

Same with children. Most people writing against the lady are the ones who put their children in summer school, when they should be on holidays. Some are in boarding houses. The ones whose kids are at home cant wait for the holidays to be over, so that the "burden" can be transferred to the teachers. Even if it's just one child, any addition, as a responsible parent, has a way of restructuring ones life.

There are many instances, but I'll stop here.

However, children are necessary "burdens" for most of us, as they are undeniably blessings. We only need to understand the lady's point of view, which is succinct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? / My Mother-in-law Hates Because I Refuse To Call My Sister-in-law "Aunty" / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.