Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! (5537 Views)

Abdulsalami Apologises To Southern Leaders On Miyetti Allah / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria / NASS Elections: Our Party Lacks Discipline – PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=LaudableXX post=65701039][/quote] Take a look at his moniker cos it says it all. He reasons irrationally using IPOB LOGIC
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2018
When you are forced to live in a nation where a kid who scored 65% is denied admission because she is from Anambra while another kid who scored 2% is offered the same admission, because he is from Yobe, you may end up inquiring irrationality.

When you live in nation where the police IG who who should arrest terrorists is ordering Governors to build ranches for the terrorists before issuing laws against them, you are likely to acquire irrationality.

When you live in nation where a Presidential candidate said fight against terrorist is fight against a section of country, you are likely to acquire irrationality.

When you live in a nation where a President gave a shoot at sight order against youths armed with flags, but give excuses for terrorists armed with AK47, you may also acquire irrationality.

When you live in a nation of almost 200,000,000 people among whom intellectuals but only a semi illiterate and religious bigot is found worthy to lead, then irrationality is likely to be the norm.

Yet, i can understand your predicament..
To your specie, black is white and rational humans are called irrational

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
Too much emotional rants ladder with ethnic bigotry and religious hatred.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by LaudableXX: 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
coputa:
His submissions are not prayers,,it is the true situation of how things are presently.Middle beltans and southerners are the ball pickers in Nigeria politics. the south has been conquered politically and waiting to be seized physically.
For you to agree with him, it shows you are a poor student of history, and you are out of touch with the reality on ground.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by NubaVertigo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2018
Okay, to rectify the supposed quote I posted before, I just found this online and have to say it does seem to put that quote in a bad light... the quote is probably false or just regarded as banter

http://www.gamji.com/article9000/NEWS9621.htm

I understand the present uprisings in certain muslim countries around the world can cause us to be really scared in the southern half, and perhaps we suffer a little bit from an inferiority complex from being previously paired with a northern half that came with a relatively advanced muslim civilization, at the time..which we have allowed to scare us into concocting doomsday theories... but honestly, northerners usually do seem pretty level headed and less prone to emotional outbursts regarding policy. Yo, if anything starts to go sour in Naij, hit me up
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

These Southern Professors and Elites think that education is equivalent to making speeches in English language.
many of them are flaunting impotent papers called cerficates but have not the slightest idea about politics.

The best they can do is rant on newspapers, radios and televisions.
When the chips are down, a man who cannot account of his WAEC certificate is leading a nation made of intellectuals.

it is irony.
What do the likes of Buhari know about the micro and macro economy of a nation?
Imagine the reasoning capacity difference between Osinbajo and Buhari..

It is comical.

What is your grouse for opening this thread?

Is it that you hate buhari or northerners?

For your info. Nigerians have tacitly agreed to rotate power between the north and south in a democratic process after the military misadventures. This unfortunately do not bring the best but it is good for a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. The north have more population than the south but cannot produce a president on it's own. Electoral fraud is common in both north and south albeit in different methods.

Buhari will spend eight years and hand over to the south. Why not wait for the north to serve it's term and let power come back to the south in the spirit of sportsmanship instead of spewing hate daily and spinning conspiracy theories.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
cybernaut:
W are not afraid. Our forefather did it better and we gonna do it best and successful because we have rear d foundation.
Yes, you will do it on the pages of Nairaland and facebook

@ipoblogic......on point. Ever discerning mind knows what you wrote up there is nothing but the pure unclad truth.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:

For you to agree with him, it shows you are a poor student of history, and you are out of touch with the reality on ground.

Educate me
Please, what is the reality?
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Cooly100: 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

For your info. Nigerians have tacitly agreed to rotate power between the north and south in a democratic process after the military misadventures. This unfortunately do not bring the best but it is good for a multi ethnic country like Nigeria. The north have more population than the south but cannot produce a president on it's own. Electoral fraud is common in both north and south albeit in different methods.

Buhari will spend eight years and hand over to the south. Why not wait for the north to serve it's term and let power come back to the south in the spirit of sportsmanship instead of spewing hate daily and spinning conspiracy theories.

When one of you said that Igbo will NEVER rule Nigeria...

What was that again? HATE speech? Could it create violence, bal, bal, bla?

Hopeless people everywhere!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
Cooly100:

When one of you said that Igbo will NEVER rule Nigeria...

What was that again? HATE speech? Could it create violence, bal, bal, bla?

Hopeless people everywhere!!!

please read before quoting. Did you see hate speech in my post?

Anybody that says Igbo will never be president is only delusional. It's just a matter of time.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 6:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

I neither hate Buhari nor northerners

This is what i hate...

1. When a group of herdsmen leave their lands and invade other peoples lands, destroy their farms, kill them and burn their houses.

2. Nobody is arrested, nobody is hanged for the murder and terrorism

3. and some people are behaving as if it is normal

4. a nation where cows are valued more than humans

5, a nation where truth is hated and black is called white

Just imagine your argument, rather than condemn electoral fraud, you justify it be saying it happens in the south too.

Nigeria is doomed with such perversion of reason.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by NubaVertigo(m): 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

Why not another northerner instead of Buhari

Because more Buhari might just be more these things:

ipoblogic:

This is what i hate...

1. When a group of herdsmen leave their lands and invade other peoples lands, destroy their farms, kill them and burn their houses.

Just imagine your argument, rather than condemn electoral fraud, you justify it be saying it happens in the south too.

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

please read before quoting. Did you see hate speech in my post?

Anybody that says Igbo will never be president is only delusional. It's just a matter of time.

Any day an Igbo man takes over to rule Nigeria, then Nigeria will be made to be so ungovernable for that silly Igbo man.

Any igbo man who thinks the problem is to produce an igbo president is not only delusional but hallucinating.

Nigeria has never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria will never work..
Unless we face this truth then sit down to find a solution, we are only postponing the dooms day: the day of the Baboons and monkeys as spoken by "Prophet Buhari".
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
NubaVertigo:
Okay, to rectify the supposed quote I posted before, I just found this online and have to say it does seem to put that quote in a bad light... the quote is probably false or just regarded as banter

I understand the present uprisings in certain muslim countries around the world can cause us to be really scared in the southern half, and perhaps we suffer a little bit from an inferiority complex from being previously paired with a northern half that came with a relatively advanced muslim civilization, at the time..which we have allowed to scare us into concocting doomsday theories... but honestly, northerners usually do seem pretty level headed and less prone to emotional outbursts regarding policy. Yo, if anything starts to go sour in Naij, hit me up

Only Igbos carry this northern fear for head. No Yoruba is threatened by any northerner or Muslim. For someone to even think that a Jihad could still happen or install an emir in a foreign land in this day and age is really pathetic. how would you install an emir in this modern age? by killing all the indigens?

some would tell you power would never come back to the south. I'm like wtf? The highest the northerners would spend is 12 years. that's if buhari is defeated by another northerner in 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
NubaVertigo:

You mean you are not aware of the blood shed across Nigeria?
From the way i see you, even a 16 inch mm rod, cannot wake you even you are hit with it a 1000 times
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

This is what i hate...

stop lying to make a point.

1. This is unfortunate

2. terrorist herdsmen are being arrested. we all know that our judicial process is slow.

3. nobody behaves as if it is normal, hence the outcry.
4. by who?
5. depends on the 'truth' you are talking about. you don't mix lies and half truth together and expect sane minds to believe you.

You only condemn electoral fraud in the north and look away to that of the south. That's hypocrisy.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

Only Igbos carry this northern fear for head. No Yoruba is threatened by any northerner or Muslim. For someone to even think that a Jihad could still happen or install an emir in a foreign land in this day and age is really pathetic. how would you install an emir in this modern age? by killing all the indigens?

some would tell you power would never come back to the south. I'm like wtf? The highest the northerners would spend is 12 years. that's if buhari is defeated by another northerner in 2019.

Ok, perhaps the number of people killed in benue state does not matter yet?
You are so pathetic.

Now let me tell you something about rotational president in Nigeria,l
It is not in the constitution.

You guys should wake up to reality.
the North handed power to OBJ because of Abiola.
Jonathan was brought because of militancy in the Niger Delta.

Some of you know nothing about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by NubaVertigo(m): 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

You mean you are not aware of the blood shed across Nigeria?
From the way i see you, even a 16 inch mm rod, cannot wake you even you are hit with it a 1000 times

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Buhari should stay.. but Fulanis have suffered casualties too
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

Any day an Igbo man takes over to rule Nigeria, then Nigeria will be made to be so ungovernable for that silly Igbo man.

Any igbo man who thinks the problem is to produce an igbo president is not only delusional but hallucinating.

Nigeria has never worked, Nigeria is not working and Nigeria will never work..
Unless we face this truth then sit down to find a solution, we are only postponing the dooms day: the day of the Baboons and monkeys as spoken by "Prophet Buhari".

How do you know that? who is going to make it ungovernable? stop all these conjectures and come to reality.

You are quoting people out of contest and lying to suit your agenda and you call it truth. can you defend what you quoted buhari as saying?

Leave petty politics for the kids.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

Ok, perhaps the number of people killed in benue state does not matter yet?
You are so pathetic.

Now let me tell you something about rotational president in Nigeria,l
It is not in the constitution.

You guys should wake up to reality.
the North handed power to OBJ because of Abiola.
Jonathan was brought because of militancy in the Niger Delta.

Some of you know nothing about Nigeria.

who said the number of people killed in Benue does not matter?

And Buhari was brought because of Boko haram. In 2023 an Igbo man will be brought because of IPOB

Ok. The north will continue to rule you alone. But the north will cease to be my president in 2023.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

stop lying to make a point.

1. This is unfortunate

2. terrorist herdsmen are being arrested. we all know that our judicial process is slow.

3. nobody behaves as if it is normal, hence the outcry.
4. by who?
5. depends on the 'truth' you are talking about. you don't mix lies and half truth together and expect sane minds to believe you.

You only condemn electoral fraud in the north and look away to that of the south. That's hypocrisy.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/19/god-created-herdsmen-value-cows-humans-reps-member-dukku/

Member representing Dukku/Nafada Federal Constituency of Gombe State, Hon. Aishatu Jibril Dukku has thrown her weight behind herdsmen, saying their cows are very important to them.

Dukku during plenary on herdsmen attacks, said Fulani herdsmen value lives of their cows more than their own lives.

Aisha told the house that too much consumption of maggi has made Nigerians so impatient to their problems.

She advised government authorities to proffer a workable solution in favour of the herdsmen.

“You can’t sit down and make conclusions on herdsmen. Yes, they values life of their cows more than even their own lives because that is how God has created them.

“Nigerians have become so edgy these days, maybe because of the food we eat, maybe because we eat too much of maggi.

Now, this came from a law maker.
And the police IG instead of doing the needful, said Governors cannot make anti grazing laws without first building ranches for private businesses.

There is nothing we cannot see and hear in Nigeria.

As for the electoral fraud. i am telling you what is happening.

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2018
NubaVertigo:

Why not another northerner instead of Buhari

Because more Buhari might just be more these things:

another northerner would mean 12 years of northern rule. Herdsmen issue has always been there but it took a higher dimension in recent years because of the climate change and desertification in the far not. It has nothing to do with Jihad. The government has been slow in tackling the issue but I blame the governors more.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

who said the number of people killed in Benue does not matter?

And Buhari was brought because of Boko haram. In 2023 an Igbo man will be brought because of IPOB

Ok. The north will continue to rule you alone. But the north will cease to be my president in 2023.

May the Merciful Lord keep us alive till then,
and you will see how myopic you are.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

another northerner would mean 12 years of northern rule. Herdsmen issue has always been there but it took a higher dimension in recent years because of the climate change and desertification in the far not. It has nothing to do with Jihad. The government has been slow in tackling the issue but I blame the governors more.
What are the police and the army for?

You mean because of climate change, they are licensed to kill?
Honestly, these kind of reasoning shows Nigeria is doomed

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=ipoblogic post=65702022]

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/19/god-created-herdsmen-value-cows-humans-reps-member-dukku/

Now, this came from a law maker.
And the police IG instead of doing the needful, said Governors cannot make anti grazing laws without first building ranches for private businesses.

There is nothing we cannot see and hear in Nigeria.

As for the electoral fraud. i am telling you what is happening.[/quote

We all know that fulanis value cow more that their 'own' lives. I have witnessed it.

The IG is just a reflection of the pathetic state of the police force.

We all know about the elctoral fraud all over Nigeria. The highest rigger wins.
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by LaudableXX: 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

Even the Middle-Belt is not threatened by the core Northerners. sad When they attacked the Fulani in retaliation, and dealt them a heavy blow in Taraba, Adamawa and other areas, where was ipoblogic? The only issue was that their adversaries were then protected by the fed govt authorities. The Middle Belt went back to regroup, and decided to re-strategise.

The issue of attack, counter attack and retaliation has gone on for too long, so people are now seeking peaceful solutions to break the cycle. undecided But your friend ipoblogic in his illogical way has only been sounding the drumbeats of alarmists, without the intelligence to proffer long-lasting solutions to the whole thing. If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem. Wasn't that what a philosopher once said?

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
ipoblogic:

What are the police and the army for?

You mean because of climate change, they are licensed to kill?
Honestly, these kind of reasoning shows Nigeria is doomed
Stop twisting my words. They kill and are being killed because they are clashing with the local farmers who have to protect their farmlands. Your reasoning is too shallow and myopic. You form opinion based on your bigoted agenda without being open minded. No one is happy that people are being killed. but you must look into things deeply with facts before arriving at a conclusion, not taking the easy way out with dumb conspiracies.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

We all know that fulanis value cow more that their 'own' lives. I have witnessed it.

The IG is just a reflection of the pathetic state of the police force.

We all know about the elctoral fraud all over Nigeria. The highest rigger wins.

The IG is not representing the police force,
he is representing the North.
That is their mentality.

And let me ask you,
so, where is hope?

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Firstpage: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
LaudableXX:

Even the Middle-Belt is not threatened by the core Northerners. sad When they attacked the Fulani in retaliation, and dealt them a heavy blow in Taraba and other areas, where was ipoblogic? The only issue was that their adversaries were then protected by the fed govt authorities. The Middle Belt went back to regroup, and decided to re-strategise.

The issue of attack, counter attack and retaliation has gone on for too long, so people are now seeking peaceful solutions to break the cycle. undecided But your friend ipoblogic in his illogical way has only been sounding the drumbeats of alarmists, without the intelligence to proffer long-lasting solutions to the whole thing. If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem. Wasn't that what a philosopher once said?

unfortunately that's how all of them thinks. They don't even empathize with the people but mock them. You see words like "but they vote buhari" 'they joined aboki to fight us in the civil war" "chineke is fighting for us" bla bla bla......yet they come here and type nonsense as if they care.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by NubaVertigo(m): 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

Another northerner shouldn't mean 12 years of northern rule (ugh.. please use the word "service" instead lol) As ipoblogic correctly stated, the tacit acknowledgement is not in our constitution. If it makes Nigeria more workable then fine, but we can't make constitutions on the go now can we? What I'm saying is.. if we elect a southern leader that is a clear idiot, why can't we replace said leader with another southern representative for the next four years. We have to remember, in Nigeria when people graduate to the presidency, we are not doing them favors, they are SERVING the country. NOONE is entitled to 8 years... this is not a monarchy
Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by ipoblogic: 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

Stop twisting my words. They kill and are being killed because they are clashing with the local farmers who have to protect their farmlands. Your reasoning is too shallow and myopic. You form opinion based on your bigoted agenda without being open minded. No one is happy that people are being killed. but you must look into things deeply with facts before arriving at a conclusion, not taking the easy way out with dumb conspiracies.

When a crime is committed, what is the state supposed to do?
This is exactly my problem, you guys sound as if killing is normal.
By all means, any criminal especially murder must be made to face the law.

What logic are you talking about?
That there are killings and counter killings..
excuse me please.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Our Warning To Southern Nigeria N The Middle Belt! by Cooly100: 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
Firstpage:

You are grossly ignorant.

Who would believe that Fuani herdsmen are killing people everywhere and none has been charged for murder?

Who would believe that they are still killing with the support of the security...

...everything is possible

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Governors Stealing Public Funds For Campaigns – Sowore Attacks APC, PDP / Peter Obi Certificate SAGA. The Hunter Is Now The Hunted. / Anxiety Grips Ministers As GEJ Plans Cabinet Shake-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.