Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (785796 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2018
Not at all.. So far the VO does not start working on ur application after ur school deadline date. Cos they always watch out for that.
muizzzz:
Good Morning Friends,

Please can application be refused for failure to pay tuition deposit before submitting application.

Is their any penalty for this ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2018
So these people still work on weekends. How am I sure they dont work on Sundays too..
Carlz1:
July 27th applicant . Eligibility review just started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 8:40am On Aug 18, 2018
Carlz1:
July 27th applicant . Eligibility review just started

paper or online?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 8:42am On Aug 18, 2018
Famzyactivity:

paper or online?
. Paper route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:49am On Aug 18, 2018
makano:
Not at all.. So far the VO does not start working on ur application after ur school fees payment deadline date. Cos they always watch out for that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AmadeusCho: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2018
AmadeusCho:
Please I have a question o help a brother..
If my sponsor is an uncle who is a citizen of another country.
. What document or information will I need from him
Will he need all that employee sop stuff?

Abeg make owna try for me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 8:57am On Aug 18, 2018
Application update: medicals passed smiley. I think there are a number of updates from cic this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walecott(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2018
AmadeusCho:

Nothing like "employee sop".
Sop (statement of purpose) is up to you to write that or not. But your uncle would need the basic things a sponsor is meant to provide.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Carlz1: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2018
Hello please can I upload a letter of recommendation from the school even when eligibility has started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2018
muizzzz:
Good Morning Friends,

Please can application be refused for failure to pay tuition deposit before submitting application.

Is their any penalty for this ?
No penalty except if the school asked you to pay your tuition before applying for TRV.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2018
Carlz1:
Hello please can I upload a letter of recommendation from the school even when eligibility has started?
Yes you can
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2018
So many final Decisions next week, watch Out.. 20th - 27th August 2018.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by figel(f): 9:24am On Aug 18, 2018
Hi Guys,
Apologies if my question seems naive. Please I am making an application to Canada for my sibling and I have a bit of a challenge. She only has O'Level result. Her secondary school is no longer opened and there is no way she can get a transcript. Is transcript very important for the college admission and visa application?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:30am On Aug 18, 2018
figel:
Hi Guys,
Apologies if my question seems naive. Please I am making an application to Canada for my sibling and I have a bit of a challenge. She only has O'Level result. Her secondary school is no longer opened and there is no way she can get a transcript. Is transcript very important for the college admission and visa application?
Thank you

High School transcripts is not important for visa application. What she needs is her WAEC certificate showing that she graduated from the school. Though, there are colleges in Canada who might request for her high school transcripts prior granting her admission, but those colleges are few in number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2018
Good Morning House,

I am into partnership business and the coy has been in existence before i joined and it was not registered in my name as one of the directors. I need some clarification on the following questions:

1.Do I need to submit copy of the partnership agreement in my application or only the CAC document of the coy is OK.

2. Must the Partnership agreement be drafted in a letter headed paper of the company or on a plane paper.

2. Do I also need letter of introduction from the coy to be included in my application.

Thanks for your kind response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2018
muizzzz:
Good Morning House,

I am into partnership business and the coy has been in existence before i joined and it was not registered in my name as one of the directors. I need some clarification on the following questions:

1.Do I need to submit copy of the partnership agreement in my application or only the CAC document of the coy is OK.

2. Must the Partnership agreement be drafted in a letter headed paper of the company or on a plane paper.

2. Do I also need letter of introduction from the coy to be included in my application.

Thanks for your kind response.

1. Both the partnership agreement and CAC will do
2. Letter headed will do.
3. Yes, letter of introduction won't be a bad idea, they should state your position(major shareholder).
NB: All these will help you tackle hometie cos I want to believe the company is not sponsoring your education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:57am On Aug 18, 2018
jnyuwa02:

He can reapply to Canada if he feels he has what it takes to overturn the ban. The assertion on his form that he can reapply again, was not meant as a gimmicks. It’s a possibility overturning the ban. But a very, very difficult possibility given he was given a fair chance hearing/opportunity to explain before the ban was instituted. He can hire an attorney who can help word in a professional way, reason for previous failure to disclose. Like one person said here, they were able to overcome a ban before. We have no reason to doubt the authenticity of such a claim. It’s within the realm of possibility. My humble opinion.

It will be difficult to be able to get into Australia. He may get into USA. Very very possible. I have seen people ordered removed from Canada even get into USA as far as they don’t have any criminal history. USA is unique like that, they try to make their own decisions irrespective of what Canada has reached on its own independently. Canada too operates the same way and that is why you see here irrespective of whether one was denied a USA visa, Canada makes no hesitation in granting as long as that person was honest to disclose such denial. New Zealand and Germany too are possibilities he could try like you mentioned.

The refusal letter which stated he is free to reapply, doesn't mean that he is eligible to do so rather after the stipulated ban time (5 years)... I strongly doubt the applicant who claimed her ban was averted after consulting an immigration attorney in Canada, because the chances of winning such a case is very very difficult after being served a fairness letter. He might be lucky enough to win the case, only if the applicant used an agent and it was indicated on his form. Aside this, I see no hope.

I have an experienced immigration attorney in Canada, I can give the applicant the contact of the attorney so he can try and see what follows next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AmadeusCho: 9:58am On Aug 18, 2018
walecott:

Nothing like "employee sop".
Sop (statement of purpose) is up to you to write that or not. But your uncle would need the basic things a sponsor is meant to provide.
Thanks a milli
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by muizzzz: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2018
Hello House,

Please I have another question, my land document has no survey document, only Deed of conveyance and purchase receipt. Can I use it ?

Can I also submit my Daddy Building document, will I need any letter from my Daddy for submitting his building doc.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:17am On Aug 18, 2018
Naajjii:

Pls don't throw him off balance, before one gets a ban Cic will send you a fair hearing letter to explain yourself in this case he wasn't served with such letter besides the rejection letter indicate that he can reapply.

Who told you he wasn't served a procedural fairness letter to explain himself prior the ban? Please let's stop giving people high hopes here, the young man was given a 5 years ban and I don't think he can do anything to avert it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2018
muizzzz:
Hello House,

Please I have another question, my land document has no survey document, only Deed of conveyance and purchase receipt. Can I use it ?

Can I also submit my Daddy Building document, will I need any letter from my Daddy for submitting his building doc.

Thanks
muizzzz,

Survey plan is very important, it's better you obtain one and include it with your application. If you have land C of O, add it.

No! You don't need any letter from your daddy before submitting his building documents. Endeavour you state in your SOP, that you included it with your application and explain how you're a beneficiary to this property and why you must be coming back for it after studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Who told you he wasn't served a procedural fairness letter to explain himself prior the ban? Please let's stop giving people high hopes here, the young man was given a 5 years ban and I don't think he can do anything to avert it.

Bros what's your own eh? Why are you carrying this thing on your head with all negativity? Did you see any 5 years ban on his letter?
Take it easy oo. You are not God. Let him reapply if he wants to instead of replying as if you are a vo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:46am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You make too many categorical statements on this forum. Not taking anything away from you but always end your statements with a caveat that it's just your opinion and not a statement of fact. This guy you quoted gave his suggestion before the applicant came out that he was actually served procedural fairness letter.
That said, bans can be overturned

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2018
MeinKampf:

You make too many categorical statements on this forum. Not taking anything away from you but always end your statements with a caveat that it's just your opinion and not a statement of fact. This guy you quoted gave his suggestion before the applicant came out that he was actually served procedural fairness letter.
That said, bans can be overturned

Bans can be overturned after serving an applicant a procedural fairness letter? Let's be realistic here. How many have you seen that was overturned?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by bbclue(f): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Frankrobben.....if you can remembered Senarato ..just quoting the name...he has the same issue..he contacted a lawyer...the lawyer said he can reapply of which he later did....but was refused and a letter was sent with his refusal note saying he is to serve 5 years ban......

Let the matter rest before someone will abused you...let him reapply....who knows God can make the vo happy on the day of his application and visa approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 10:53am On Aug 18, 2018
ntachi:

Bros what's your own eh? Why are you carrying this thing on your head with all negativity? Did you see any 5 years ban on his letter?
Take it easy oo. You are not God. Let him reapply if he wants to instead of replying as if you are a vo.

How come we don't bother to read before arguing in this thread anymore?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:54am On Aug 18, 2018
ntachi:

I want to believe that you mistakenly typed this. I will have to take you back to his previous post before going further CHECK HIS PREVIOUS POST AND ATTACHMENT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:56am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Bans can be overturned after serving an applicant a procedural fairness letter? Let's be realistic here. How many have you seen that was overturned?
I need to ask you, out of every applications for TRV, how many do you see or hear about? Your conclusions shouldn't always be drawn on few cases you see. In probability, sample size has an effect on margin of error.
I wouldn't have taken up this issue if you have said that your assertion is based on cases you've been privy to

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:08am On Aug 18, 2018
bbclue:

Frankrobben.....if you can remembered Senarato ..just quoting the name...he has the same issue..he contacted a lawyer...the lawyer said he can reapply of which he later did....but was refused and a letter was sent with his refusal note saying he is to serve 5 years ban......

Let the matter rest before someone will abuse you...let him reapply....who knows God can make the vo happy on the day of his application and visa approval

An immigration lawyer will always advice you to reapply and by so doing, the deputy high commission will decline the applicant. What beats me the most is someone came here saying that ban can be overturned after being served a procedural fairness letter to the applicant. I wonder where this moniker got this information. Well, I will take it as sleep of tongue or a maybe a typo.

The applicant is certainly free to reapply, but he should return here to tell us about his scores.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

An immigration lawyer will always advice you to reapply and by so doing, the deputy high commission will decline the applicant. What beats me the most is someone came here saying that ban can be overturned after a procedural fairness letter has being served to the applicant. I wonder where this moniker got this information. Well, I will take it as sleep of tongue or a maybe a typo.

The applicant is certainly free to reapply, but he should return here to tell us about his scores.
I don't really know where your" know all" disposition is coming from. You haven't seen to you translates to it doesn't exist, come off this high horse and leave your opinion as a suggestion, not a fact.
Someone told this house he had same ban issue and was overturned, yet you doubted him. Your doubt doesn't take his TRV away.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2018
MeinKampf:

I need to ask you, out of every applications for TRV, how many do you see or hear about? Your conclusions shouldn't always be drawn on few cases you see. In probability, sample size has an effect on margin of error.
I wouldn't have taken up this issue if you have said that your assertion is based on cases you've been privy to

I haven't seen any that was overturned. As a matter of fact, the ones I have seen so far that reapplied were turned down and was asked to serve their ban.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2018
MeinKampf:

I don't really know where your" know all" disposition is coming from. You haven't seen to you translates to it doesn't exist, come off this high horse and leave your opinion as a suggestion, not a fact.
Someone told this house he had same ban issue and was overturned, yet you doubted him. Your doubt doesn't take his TRV away.

If you actually read through that person's comment, which was later on deleted by the moderator of this thread because it was found misleading. She claimed she wasn't served a procedural fairness letter before she was banned. This makes her case very much easier to tackle with the assistance of an immigration attorney. But, the applicant in question was given the chance to explain himself after which he was slapped with a 5 years ban. So, you can see that both cases are quite different. That's the more reason why I doubted if this person case will ever scale through. At the end, the applicant will be left with the decision on whether to reapply or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.