Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (821841 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dannybammz: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Guys 5 naija guys robbed a money exchange in sharjah aed2.3million
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
Dannybammz:
What shocked

How were they able to escape? Their own don finish be that.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dannybammz: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2019
They have been caught today

Nigerians have spoilt UAE for new comers
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dannybammz: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2019
ifyalways:

What shocked

How were they able to escape? Their own don finish be that.

https://www.nairaland.com/5109074/five-nigerians-held-robbery-uae
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by larryking540: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
Dannybammz:
where day caught? and I wouldn't blame the officials for taging them as nigerians
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dannybammz: 3:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
larryking540:

where day caught? and I wouldn't blame the officials for taging them as nigerians

https://www.nairaland.com/5109074/five-nigerians-held-robbery-uae
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nnamdi16(m): 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
Dannybammz:

The just succeed in tarnishing the image of Nigerians the more, bcoz the can't escape uae.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Jamestown123: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
But is there any hope for naija at all? Because with the way am seeing things is like naija dey stupid everyday instead of to wise up.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nurric(m): 2:41am On Apr 01, 2019
I don't know why always Nigerians. Bad image for genuine hustlers. God na your hand we dey to always vindicate Nigerians that has geniune intention from our already tarnished image abroad. Make a way for us when there seems to be no way .We pray thee o Lord.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mavinjay1(m): 5:46am On Apr 01, 2019
Hello Guys... Goodmorning Gurus @NonnyG @justi4jesu
I have a question for you & other gurus in the house.
I have a job already, but now my 1 year don kalas in UAE and have been planning to move to another company. Because i really want to leave this present one.

After my multiple job search, one company don accept me... but it has been one week now, They never send me offer letter.
I need the offer letter to process my cancellation in this company...
They said they will send it... Uptil now...im being ghosted.
Please can you shed more lights on whats happening
.. or its better to just continue my job search.

Please... UAE experts.. help me
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by xyz123456: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2019
nnamdi16:

The just succeed in tarnishing the image of Nigerians the more, bcoz the can't escape uae.
The thing tire me self. Anytime i see this type of news, I always want to change my passport immediately but the issue is I have a very good job here and might not get the same offer in Canada & Australia plus no tax here...
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2019
mavinjay1:
Hello Guys... Goodmorning Gurus @NonnyG @justi4jesu
I have a question for you & other gurus in the house.
I have a job already, but now my 1 year don kalas in UAE and have been planning to move to another company. Because i really want to leave this present one.

After my multiple job search, one company don accept me... but it has been one week now, They never send me offer letter.
I need the offer letter to process my cancellation in this company...
They said they will send it... Uptil now...im being ghosted.
Please can you shed more lights on whats happening
.. or its better to just continue my job search.

Please... UAE experts.. help me
one week is too small to start worrying yourself about losing the offer , anyway keep searching for job and then hope the company get back to you, meanwhile you have nothing to lose since you’re not on a visit visa
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2019
xyz123456:

The thing tire me self. Anytime i see this type of news, I always want to change my passport immediately but the issue is I have a very good job here and might not get the same offer in Canada & Australia plus no tax here...

Really? Does your job pay you up to 20k per month? If not, I see no reason why you cant leave for Canada or Australia. Its a long term benefit, you have a better passport, you'd get a job that will pay you almost the same salary or more, you live some comfortable lifestyle, and you can even come back to the UAE after you have your passport. Better stop looking at short term benefits, and plan your life accordingly.

UAE wont give you PR, no matter the number of years you stay.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mavinjay1(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2019
NONNYG:
one week is too small to start worrying yourself about losing the offer , anyway keep searching for job and then hope the company get back to you, meanwhile you have nothing to lose since you’re not on a visit visa
Alright boss thanks alot... The last time i checked with them 2 days ago.
They said the CEO is preparing the letter. Once they get it...they will get back to me.
Im just being ghosted on it thats why I was worried.... And the offer is better than this present one. So i will keep on with my search sir while Hoping... thanks
@nonnyg @nattybanta @justi4jesu
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by xyz123456: 9:49am On Apr 01, 2019
nitrogen:

Really? Does your job pay you up to 20k per month? If not, I see no reason why you cant leave for Canada or Australia. Its a long term benefit, you have a better passport, you'd get a job that will pay you almost the same salary or more, you live some comfortable lifestyle, and you can even come back to the UAE after you have your passport. Better stop looking at short term benefits, and plan your life accordingly.

All the best.
Thanks. I appreciate your post.. I get almost that amount and my manager promised to increase it by June. I understand you but its a big sacrifice to travel to a new place and start all over again. I have a friend who I think is better & more experienced than me getting only 6k. And I also have another friend who came to UAE just last month getting about 25k. Getting a good job anywhere is still with God (Luck). So, as good as getting a new passport is, It might be risky to start from those countries from scratch. Sometime, I will be motivated to go for it, then again I will relax & start procrastinating.... But AlhamduliLLah, it's good problem... I am just scared of the unknown...

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nitrogen(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2019
xyz123456:

Thanks. I appreciate your post.. I get almost that amount and my manager promised to increase it by June. I understand you but its a big sacrifice to travel to a new place and start all over again. I have a friend who I think is better & more experienced than me getting only 6k. And I also have another friend who came to UAE just last month getting about 25k. Getting a good job anywhere is still with God (Luck). So, as good as getting a new passport is, It might be risky to start from those countries from scratch. Sometime, I will be motivated to go for it, then again I will relax & start procrastinating.... But AlhamduliLLah, it's good problem... I am just scared of the unknown...

What is a big sacrifice? I see that you are an IT guy which means you wont have issues getting a job anywhere in the world, so why sweat it?

I am considering the move, rent alone for me is about 7.5k monthly, you can then imagine how much I get monthly, but I wont allow that stop me from doing what will help my future generations. As long as my career/field is marketable.

Not trying to convince you, but to put things into perspective, look at this example. My boss is an Australian, his parents moved (not comfortable for them) from India to Australia when he was young, now they all have Australian passports. He recently moved to Dubai and has been here for about 3 years or so. He got good offers because of his citizenship, he goes for any meeting anywhere in the world because his passport allows him, he goes on vacation anywhere because he does not need to apply for visa. His kids are Australians, they have access to basic amenities for free. If I have meetings in London or Mexico, I need to book appointments with VFS and respective embassies. So frustrating.

Your pay may be fantastic, but I think you should consider it at some point, especially since these advanced countries currently have quite simple processes for migration, you could get your PR, land, come back to Dubai to continue your work while you apply for jobs from Dubai and then you can make a permanent move. It works well.

Sometimes, taking risks can give you great returns that when you look back, you'd be thanking your stars that you took the risk. (Check out Careem and its employees stock options, almost all the employees are millionaires, why? because of the recent sale to UBER, and the fact that they have stock options. My colleague declined to join Careem when they started, he was scared to go with the unknown)

Just my one kobo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by nnamdi16(m): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2019
xyz123456:

Guy, if you're earning almost 20k in uae, then why would want to leave and start life afresh in a new country. Meanwhile, i'd like to know the kind of job u do, maybe i go venture into that aspect. grin grin grin
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by xyz123456: 10:34am On Apr 01, 2019
nitrogen:

What is a big sacrifice? I see that you are an IT guy which means you wont have issues getting a job anywhere in the world, so why sweat it?

I am considering the move, rent alone for me is about 7.5k monthly, you can then imagine how much I get monthly, but I wont allow that stop me from doing what will help my future generations. As long as my career/field is marketable.

Not trying to convince you, but to put things into perspective, look at this example. My boss is an Australian, his parents moved (not comfortable for them) from India to Australia when he was young, now they all have Australian passports. He recently moved to Dubai and has been here for about 3 years or so. He got good offers because of his citizenship, he goes for any meeting anywhere in the world because his passport allows him, he goes on vacation anywhere because he does not need to apply for visa. His kids are Australians, they have access to basic amenities for free. If I have meetings in London or Mexico, I need to book appointments with VFS and respective embassies. So frustrating.

Your pay may be fantastic, but I think you should consider it at some point, especially since these advanced countries currently have quite simple processes for migration, you could get your PR, land, come back to Dubai to continue your work while you apply for jobs from Dubai and then you can make a permanent move. It works well.

Sometimes, taking risks can give you great returns that when you look back, you'd be thanking your stars that you took the risk. (Check out Careem and its employees stock options, almost all the employees are millionaires, why? because of the recent sale to UBER, and the fact that they have stock options. My colleague declined to join Careem when they started, he was scared to go with the unknown)

Just my one kobo.

Thanks for the post. It's really motivating...
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by xyz123456: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2019
nnamdi16:

Guy, if you're earning almost 20k in uae, then why would want to leave and start life afresh in a new country. Meanwhile, i'd like to know the kind of job u do, maybe i go venture into that aspect. grin grin grin

You can read nitrogen reply. It's passport ooo. I am not exaggerating, but I think we have the worst passport in the world. No country have bad image as Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by xyz123456: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2019
nitrogen:

Just my one kobo.
As for the Careem, Its part of the reason I don't want to leave cos I am working on my start-up. Even paystack is not doing bad in 9ja. And I am thinking I might not be able to finance my start-up working in those countries with tax But I really like your post. I wish you best of luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by cutieme(m): 2:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
This is very genuine and urgent.A mechanical personnel is needed in a tiles company.If you have the knowledge of repairing generators and engines and you are in uae at the moment looking for job,let me know asap.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by oluayebenz: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
nitrogen:

All the best.

Mr Man are you advising?
Someone is earning enough money where he reside u are telling him to migrate and start all over again?

Have u been to the so called Canada and Australia to know how they live there?

I just tired for some Nigerians , u are comfortable somewhere and you will still want to migrate for what?
that's why those countries treat u like shit.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by oluayebenz: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
xyz123456:

As for the Careem, Its part of the reason I don't want to leave cos I am working on my start-up. Even paystack is not doing bad in 9ja. And I am thinking I might not be able to finance my start-up working in those countries with tax But I really like your post. I wish you best of luck

Do not quote that guy again.
Focus on your life and decide whatever u wanna do
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Olupapparazy1(m): 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
With DS news of crimes and thefts, does UAE need any more reason to stop Nigerians from entering their land. Ion wantu sound paranoid but what more reason do they need to keep letting people dt will hurt em come into dia country. Some Nigerians dy vex me sha.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by MidEastPrince: 4:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Olupapparazy1:
With DS news of crimes and thefts, does UAE need any more reason to stop Nigerians from entering their land. Ion wantu sound paranoid but what more reason do they need to keep letting people dt will hurt em come into dia country. Some Nigerians dy vex me sha.

Nigerians have already been blacklisted from certain jobs in Abu Dhabi! A Nigerian in charge of a bullion van stole from it a while back.

It is really demoralising hearing all this news almost every time. Things would only get difficult for Nigerians with genuine intentions.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mavinjay1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
Olupapparazy1:
i HAVE Someone that have applied for countless jobs.. What they kept saying is No African allowed... Esp Nigerians.
Nigerians that have job in this country...na Gods grace oh.. My Brother..its not easy! No hope for Nigerians ohhh...

Patience is all that matters. Very soon they might ban Nigerians from entering this country

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
nitrogen:

Just my one kobo.
You’re right, your reasons are so on point.
You didn’t even mention the fact that if one looses the so called we’ll paying job, the person has only 30 days to either look for another job to sponsor him or leave, no matter how long he’s been living here.
PR and family friendly environment to properly train the kids is a big plus to consider. Imagine, kids delivered in Aussie, Canada and US are getting paali while their counterparts here has few days to either leave or their parents should proceed to get them sponsorship visa or pay huge fine for overstay.
There are very many other reasons but that will be too revealing and this is not really a faceless forum.

7 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by adexyz91(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
I read the news on Khaleejtimes today and I was so sad, like even to walk on the street, malls and being asked your nationality, is a shame mentioning Nigeria. Being black alone, you are being looked at twice not to talk of hearing the Nigeria. It's just getting worse in and especially outside the country cry

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
oluayebenz:

Mr Man are you advising?
Someone is earning enough money where he reside u are telling him to migrate and start all over again?

Have u been to the so called Canada and Australia to know how they live there?

I just tired for some Nigerians , u are comfortable somewhere and you will still want to migrate for what?
that's why those countries treat u like shit.....
There’s nothing wrong in making moves to relocate to a better country where your kids are ensured of a relatively good future bro. The job earning him such good salary is definitely going to be a skilled job and he will be duly paid for his expertise too anywhere else in the world. Nobody throws money to the gutter, he’s earning that much because his service is key and generating more for the company.
So far, I’ve met Nigerians here earning intimidating salaries. I mean something in the range of 100-140k on a monthly basis. That’s the range most American board certified consultants earn monthly in uae. I’ve met couple of Nigerians who are board certified. One could have expected them to spend their entire career in uae, because they’re earning good salaries but no. They still move to other places, for different reasons. One I know very well left in December last year for “personal reasons”.
So, there’s nothing wrong in moving for good but one must be smart and be guided.

8 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Marioalert: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dannybammz:
those guys are hopeless useless niggas

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Olupapparazy1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Marioalert:
those guys are hopeless useless niggas
These days even Nigerian banks are difficult to rob cos of the security measures. Now u go to a dubai Forex centre to mumu yourself and u think u will go scot free. And dy will allow u board dia aeroplane with d millions on you. Common sense is too scarce. They should imprison em till dia family fail to recognize em.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Dannybammz: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
This evening i was waiting for someone at Baniyas square, some CID came and took all africans sighted including me and drove us all to Police headquarters in Al Quasis after some interogations and Verifications of IDs we were released 'cus our papers were valid. I'm just getting home 01:32am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (473) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.