Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,284 members, 7,815,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (821670 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by DexterousOne(m): 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2020
asunmoGGMU:

Bro, it is sad. There is this guy that got an employment with Canadian University Dubai using his Canadian passport. He ended up to defraud students of huge amount of money. He tried to abscond but trust the security system there, he was caught. When they announced, they gave him "Nigerian" tag. I am telling you, that university will think fifty times before employing Nigerians as expatriates. There's one Nigerian expatriate there sha. The person was employed before that guy committed that offence. This is a guy earning very well. You sabi how working with Canada/US/UK passport pays than using Nigeria's. Why defraud students? Today, na security Nigerians dey do for that university.

Many Nigerians are short sighted
That is just the issue

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by olamzyy(m): 4:50am On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

Guys the visa is finally out. It took longer than expected but he's saying He wont give me the details to verify unless I pay the balance. Can I proceed guys ? I need ideas on this
Since you made a deposit, he is supposed to show you that is it. Pls do as advised earlier, get him sign an agreement form. Nobody can be trusted tho

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gundi: 7:28am On Jan 30, 2020
Gundi:
Hello guys, well-done to everyone here.

I read the whole thread from page 1-313, the good, bad and the ugly stories.

From everything said here, I think it is best to get an employment from Nigeria before coming to the UAE.

I am a Digital/Motion Graphics Designer, with knowledge of Video Editing and a little bit of Cinematography.

I am just 24 years, but I seriously want to leave this country.

I wanted to go to other first world countries, but it's quite expensive; so I decided to go to Dubai first to raise/save up the required amount, and then move to either Europe or Canada.

I have started applying for jobs on the sites listed here, Indeed, Nakurigolf etc.

I have gotten about 3 responses from the applications, but I noticed that whenever we get to the second stage of the interview (they ask if I am in Dubai, and where I am currently based. Once I mention Nigeria, I don't get any feedback from them again).

My questions are thus:

1. Is it still possible to get a job online with this Nigerian stigma, or is there something I should do that I am not doing?

2. I read here in few pages back that, the company that sponsors your Visa and flight are likely to hold onto your passport until the end of one's contract.

Will that also apply to me, since I am in Media/IT field?

I also want to ask, does it mean that I can't travel outside UAE (to visit my family back in Nigeria), until the 2 years is complete?

3. If my passport is held by the company, does that mean that nobody can come visit me from outside UAE?

Thank you for your perusal.

I hope to get an adequate response from the house.

God bless you all.

Good morning house, I'm still expecting a response to my questions please. I'll be grateful if anyone who can kindly give an answer.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by uchman(m): 7:34am On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

Guys the visa is finally out. It took longer than expected but he's saying He wont give me the details to verify unless I pay the balance. Can I proceed guys ? I need ideas on this

Ask him to send the half Visa for verification before further payment...

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by uchman(m): 7:41am On Jan 30, 2020
Gundi:

Good morning house, I'm still expecting a response to my questions please. I'll be grateful if anyone who can kindly give an answer.

Thank you.

Brother,

Getting a job online is possible but you will need to be on ground.

Holding of your passport is not legal but it depend on your employer and the type of job.

What you will sign is a 2 years contract with the company.
Allowing you to travel is near impossible but some may do it.

In UAE, everyday is work except fridays, so if you leave your job and travel, who will do it for you?

Some one can visit you from all over the world, that's your right whether you are working or not...

Are you coming with work permit or 3 months Visa?

Try to come with 3 months Visa and most of your questions will sort itself out.

Any other question?

Regard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by NONNYG: 8:04am On Jan 30, 2020
Gundi:

Thank you.
Since @Uchman has answered your questions, just know that all workers in UAE are entitled for 30 days leave per year, so you can travel outside to meet your family

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gundi: 8:39am On Jan 30, 2020
uchman:

Brother,

Getting a job online is possible but you will need to be on ground.

Holding of your passport is not legal but it depend on your employer and the type of job.

What you will sign is a 2 years contract with the company.
Allowing you to travel is near impossible but some may do it.

In UAE, everyday is work except fridays, so if you leave your job and travel, who will do it for you?

Some one can visit you from all over the world, that's your right whether you are working or not...

Are you coming with work permit or 3 months Visa?

Try to come with 3 months Visa and most of your questions will sort itself out.

Any other question?

Regard

Thank you for the response sir.

Yes, I was planning on coming with direct employment, that's why I've been trying to get a job from Nigeria here, but it seems I might just have to take your advice and come with a 3months visa first and then scout for jobs, because I actually got an invite for an interview yesterday, but they said I should come in person, and I'm not in Dubai yet.

This may sound silly though, but why I asked the question of traveling after starting work was because, I planned to work for at least a year first, come back to Nigeria for a month to do my wedding, and then possibly come back with my wife.

But with the look of things, I might not be able to leave till after 2years, so I guess it's a sacrifice I'd have to pay.

Thank you for your response though, I appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gundi: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2020
NONNYG:
Since @Uchman has answered your questions, just know that all workers in UAE are entitled for 30 days leave per year, so you can travel outside to meet your family

Oh great, then everything is still in order.

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by uchman(m): 8:50am On Jan 30, 2020
Gundi:

Yes, I was planning on coming with direct employment, that's why I've been trying to get a job from Nigeria here, but it seems I might just have to take your advice and come with a 3months visa first and then scout for jobs, because I actually got an invite for an interview yesterday, but they said I should come in person, and I'm not in Dubai yet.

This may sound silly though, but why I asked the question of traveling after starting work was because, I planned to work for at least a year first, come back to Nigeria for a month to do my wedding, and then possibly come back with my wife.

But with the look of things, I might not be able to leave till after 2years, so I guess it's a sacrifice I'd have to pay.

Your plans are in order...
You are so lucky to be getting all those invites,
everybody destiny is not the same...

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ope4Christ: 10:16am On Jan 30, 2020
You can leave with your annual leave for about 2 to 4 weeks depending on your organisation. You can plan for your wedding, come and do it within two weeks then you fly back to Dubai to start the 2 years Resident Permit for your wife. It will come out within 2 to 3 weeks then you can bring your wife to enjoy your honeymoon.

Good luck.

Gundi:

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by boombah: 11:53am On Jan 30, 2020
uchman:

Ask him to send the half Visa for verification before further payment...

He sent half of the visa already but I don't see the complete number for verification.
just 5 letters above the bar code and 8 right under the bar code, is there a way around it just before I pay
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Gundi: 12:04pm On Jan 30, 2020
Ope4Christ:
You can leave with your annual leave for about 2 to 4 weeks depending on your organisation. You can plan for your wedding, come and do it within two weeks then you fly back to Dubai to start the 2 years Resident Permit for your wife. It will come out within 2 to 3 weeks then you can bring your wife to enjoy your honeymoon.

Good luck.

This makes perfect sense, that's just what I'll do. Thank you so much for the response.

I appreciate.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by uchman(m): 1:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

He sent half of the visa already but I don't see the complete number for verification.
just 5 letters above the bar code and 8 right under the bar code, is there a way around it just before I pay

Send a copy here bro
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by luckygirl02(f): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

https://echannels.moi.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity

Use the information on your Intl passport to know if you have a valid entry permit or not.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Arisukuni: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

Kindly reply your PM please. Thanks
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by drkay(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2020
Arisukuni:

@drkay

I Sincerely appreciate your response boss. Thanks a lot!

For the bolded you are right bro, according to someone that works with immigration and travelling office as traveling and sales Agent. He said I will be the one to pay for the direct employment Visa and ticket. That when the Visa comes out after verification of the Visa and paying balance that they will now book the ticket for me in UAE.
Bro, I would not encourage you to subscribe to direct employment Visa for a security job. It's mostly scam, even for people who are already inside the country . It's better you come into the country on 3 months and see things for yourself. Of every 10 job scam you hear about, 5 of it will be security.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
boombah:

Guys the visa is finally out. It came out sooner than I expected but he's saying, He wont give me the details to verify unless I pay the balance. Can I proceed guys ? I need ideas on this

Bros, visit visa is like 24hours to 3days at most so nothing should surprise you or put you off guard that it's came out soon. Your visa is either out or not out. If it's out, then he needs to give you because it is useless to him. He's already paid for it IF it is truly out. If you want to spend more money, confirm your visa. If you don't want to spend a dime more, tell him to keep the visa in his library or use it for dp.

5 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by glowingflame7: 3:27pm On Jan 30, 2020
luckygirl02:

https://echannels.moi.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity

Use the information on your Intl passport to know if you have a valid entry permit or not.

Exactly. Very simple and straight forward.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by larryking540: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2020
DexterousOne:

Many Nigerians are short sighted
That is just the issue

I don't know how people sit and spend all night thinking of how to defraud another person ,u are not crippy, handcap ,or blind ,

I just don't know for Africa man oo, precisely NIGERIA man
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
odalonu12:

OK thank you, pls will it be faster to get job as a safety officer after doing nabosh
Or will Autocad draftsman as interrior designer gives me job faster.
Pls advice me which moves faster in getting job. Thank you.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by chiMoni37(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
anyone with QATAR info please..i will be leaving for Doha next week Thursday..my agent told to bring along my university certificate and etc..that is gonna be useful for me.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Josh121(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2020
Anyone to help with Attestation of result please it urgent
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Magdagascariens: 7:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
larryking540:

I don't know how people sit and spend all night thinking of how to defraud another person ,u are not crippy, handcap ,or blind ,

I just don't know for Africa man oo, precisely NIGERIA man

May God help Nigerians o. We are usually so desperate and wanna make the money almost immediately we land any foreign country... without learning or paying dues.

But then, other Nationalities dey scam too. Syrians, Bangalee, Pakis, Indians, Nepalis, etc. lolz. I remember the Paki wey wan scam me for Abu shagara... Um Al qauin own nko? UAE ehn??!

You know Nigerians are the largest black Nation in the world, so anything other Africans do for UAE, na Naija do am. One Ugandan scammer been call himself Naija for Abu hail that year. He even said he's from Ogun State (and me resemble Ethiopian) ... I'm sure he won't forget what I did to him.

UAE na scam. To have a little chance of survival... trust only God. And maybe yourself.

6 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Magdagascariens: 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Josh121:
Anyone to help with Attestation of result please it urgent

Only your relative with accepted means of ID can do that. be careful, some agents at MOE and MOFA are there to steal people's certificates.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by odalonu12: 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2020
OK thank you, pls will it be faster to get job as a safety officer after doing nabosh
Pls anyone with this info should advise me
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by lahify(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2020
odalonu12:
Pls anyone with this info should advise me
if it's nebosh you want be prepared to wait extra 3months cos it takes over two months for the result to come out give or take lectures plus exams plus certificate should take you around 3 or more months to complete, the AutoCAD, I don't think it would take that long, plus when do you plan on moving?

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Cintoria(m): 1:32am On Jan 31, 2020
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by DrDre1(m): 4:19am On Jan 31, 2020
chiMoni37:
anyone with QATAR info please..i will be leaving for Doha next week Thursday..my agent told to bring along my university certificate and etc..that is gonna be useful for me.
What sort of visa are u coming with if I may ask? The certificates would need to be attested in Nigerian foreign ministry and education ministry. Also, for university degree or any above secondary school certificates, u will need a complete transcript and a letter from the institution to back up the certificate before it would be attested here. Wish u all the best

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by DrDre1(m): 4:24am On Jan 31, 2020
Cjman685:
Hello guys please can I use Qatar visiting to get work there. Or please if anyone in Qatar already should help me about the go about thanks
Depends on the type of visit visa. For example, if u are a female and came on a husband or sibling family sponsored visit visa, u may get a job with a school where they are can apply for a work visa for u. On the flip side, that won't apply to a male. There are also some types of visit / conference visas that u can't use to change to a work visa. I mentioned conference visa because this is what some agents use to bring people here in the name of them getting a work visa after they secure a job. Another angle to ur question is that the job market is quite discouraging now. Not trying to discourage u but just telling u what's on ground at the moment
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 4:46am On Jan 31, 2020
Please house do you know the dubai visa fees payable at Abuja embassy to put the vignette sticker on the passport? Do I need to book appointment before going there and what documents do I have to take along. I have the evisa, but wants to get the sticker on my passport.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by larryking540: 6:11am On Jan 31, 2020
Magdagascariens:

May God help Nigerians o. We are usually so desperate and wanna make the money almost immediately we land any foreign country... without learning or paying dues.

But then, other Nationalities dey scam too. Syrians, Bangalee, Pakis, Indians, Nepalis, etc. lolz. I remember the Paki wey wan scam me for Abu shagara... Um Al qauin own nko? UAE ehn??!

You know Nigerians are the largest black Nation in the world, so anything other Africans do for UAE, na Naija do am. One Ugandan scammer been call himself Naija for Abu hail that year. He even said he's from Ogun State (and me resemble Ethiopian) ... I'm sure he won't forget what I did to him.

UAE na scam. To have a little chance of survival... trust only God. And maybe yourself.

Na we bring our self con down na ,other Africa nationality go engage us for scam discussion ,we took go day give them strategy ,what do you expect when kasala burst ,? When u are 70% the masterminder of the plans

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (473) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.