Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,382 members, 7,853,704 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61057 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 1:23pm On May 19, 2010
jalether:

buy Ireland, Hangeland and Lloris for £30 million, you must think they are on the same level as Yusuf Ayila, it's either that, or the transfer market inflation 

has dwindled to 0%
If one or two more can be added to make up 30mil worth of players, let him add tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dyabman(m): 1:40pm On May 19, 2010
Foolish gunners, u na no go buy abi? make season start , if you wan chop cake una go no say oven dey undecided tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:44pm On May 19, 2010
slimshay:

Thats the thing v3, when exactly did the kid say he wants to leave? In the very same sentence people quote about he's saying if he leaves then it will be to Barca, he also says he's happy at Arsenal and wont be leaving anytime soon. Yet everybody is going into overdrive analysing what, where and who to go to now that Cesc has finally left.
Thanks Slim, a level head in the midst of the media created hysteria. He has only said he wants his future to be decided which is why I think he is commited to making a decision this year. Cesc is smart and it is up to Barca to show their seriousness by showing us the money, the whole of Catalunya would want to see him playing for Barca and I'm sure there is a lot of pressure on the lad. With all the noise Barca is making, they are still yet to table a bid, do they expect us to transfer list our captain?

slimshay:

Arsene Wenger cannot afford to sell Cesc Fabregas, it is not a matter of money. Cesc is perhaps the most valuable midfielder in the world right now considering his age, experience and abilities. Why then will we be forced to give out that and start looking for replacements that are no way near his standards. It makes absolutely no sense.
I agee selling Cesc goes against everything the club has chosen to stand for, but yu do get to some point when matters are taken from your hand and no one should be forced to do what they don't want to do, If the money is right a deal can always be done but in no way should Cesc go for less than 50m if David Villa at 29 is bought for 34m
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:56pm On May 19, 2010
Dudu sometimes it becomes a matter of 'not for all the money in the world'. . .eg Kaka. Not all the money in the world would have him leave Milan to Man City even though it was squarely in his hands and out of Berlusconi money grabbing hands.

So also in reverse we should get to a point where not for all the money in the world would have us trade our top performer, captain, best valuable in his position by far, with us needing to make a statement of intent and making it clear we are turning the corner. It should simply be that this summer. Not for all the money in the world.

Benitez did he last summer with Alonso, he thought after all, he finished so close to Man U, and he got an 'able' replacement in Aquilliani for £20m. And was able to add 'quality' with £18m on Johnson and what not. What happened to him?

Not this summer my guy, not this summer. And definitelty not Cesc Fabregas!!!! We cannot afford to trade him, except of course you can put a price tag on ambition and team dynamics.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:04pm On May 19, 2010
I'm on your side on this Slim, no way do I want to see Cesc leave the club this summer and the whole club hierarchy have made that very clear from Hill-Wood through Gazidis to Wenger, Infact I think there is much noise now because the club want him to commit to a longer term contract. but if the only way of doing that is to have a bitter and unmotivated player who will leave for half the amount we cld get for him now next season, then I say selling might be the only reasonable option we have. But the press has made more of this because they always want to prove that Arsenal is in trouble. Imagine Guilem Balague saying on sky yesterday that Barca wld get Cesc for 35m? what an idiot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 2:14pm On May 19, 2010
The kid has tried abeg, sticking with a club for 7 seasons, winning just two minor trophies while his mates on the other side have won more trophies he could dream of winning in less than two years.

Whatever his decision. . *pray he stays cry cry * he remains a true legend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 2:29pm On May 19, 2010
I dunno why everyone is acting suprised about this proposed selling of Cesc i can remember Wenger saying sometime ago that we may need to sell a big player every season last time out it was Ade & Toure now it looks like its Cesc's turn

@Bgees
Lament about what? You must be having a laugh! Cesc or no Cesc i am sure of UCL footie can you boast of the same when Torres leaves? Y'all would probably finish 17th

@Slimshay
Nigga please!! A 22 year old may be fully grown physically but definitely not mentally! The role of a manager can however hasten such development! A 22 year old is still answerable to higher authority so sit there and keep encouraging Wenger to indulge and over pamper these divas and be expecting trophies. I laugh in Danmaraya Jos did you see how Fergie was cursing Evans's ancestors at Milan? Did you see Van Gaal showing Robben discipline even after he scored the winning goal against Lyon and he was raking about being subbed? You guys should keep baiting these boys shebi na Gallas St Andrews incident dey cause am. When the players start disrespecting Wenger to his face because of his trophylessness maybe una eye go clear
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 3:17pm On May 19, 2010
v3:

The kid has tried abeg, sticking with a club for 7 seasons, winning just two minor trophies while his mates on the other side have won more trophies he could dream of winning in less than two years.

Whatever his decision. . *pray he stays cry cry * he remains a true legend.

Abeg stop this rubbish making it seem like he did us a favour or he'll be doing us a favour by staying with us. He has been part of the team that went trophyless and you could argue that one of the reasons we've been trophyless was playing time given to him during which he has developed. If he wants to go its not because we have been trophyless, it is because he wants greener pastures closer to his home. One can now understand why Theo will continue to be played ahead of Vela and the likes of Merida, does anyone see Rooney making noise about going to Barca or Chelsea? or did the likes of Scholes and Giggs make any noise about going anywhere when Manure missed out on the PL 3 times in a row?
The reason we gave him playing time as a precocious youngster was to save the club money in getting top talent, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement, Arsenal deserve something back for what they've invested in him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2010
Cesc's Departure was always inevitable. . . . i wish he could only think and learn from past that anyone who leaves the club neva get it right again.

its not done yet,but i wish he stay and lift a trophy for us as captain.

Gooners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 4:30pm On May 19, 2010
allboyz:

Cesc's Departure was always inevitable. . . . i wish he could only think and learn from past that anyone who leaves the club neva get it right again.

its not done yet,but i wish he stay and lift a trophy for us as captain.

Gooners 1800 tongue

But he has stayed and has gotten zilch for the last 5 years. sad sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 4:39pm On May 19, 2010
duduspace:

Abeg stop this rubbish making it seem like he did us a favour or he'll be doing us a favour by staying with us. He has been part of the team that went trophyless and you could argue that one of the reasons we've been trophyless was playing time given to him during which he has developed. If he wants to go its not because we have been trophyless, it is because he wants greener pastures closer to his home.

I disagree here.
Cesc is leaving because he cannot continue to carry the burden of a pathetic team.
A player with Cesc's quality should be lifting titles every season. FFS, Rafael Da Silva has more meaningful club titles than Cesc.

One can now understand why Theo will continue to be played ahead of Vela and the likes of Merida, does anyone see Rooney making noise about going to Barca or Chelsea? or did the likes of Scholes and Giggs make any noise about going anywhere when Manure missed out on the PL 3 times in a row?

Dumb logic. . . . .
Scholesy and Giggsy have won enough before the drought of 2004-2007. They won the league in 2003 and won the TREBLE in 1999.
Even during the league title drought, United won the FA cup and the Carling cup.

The reason we gave him playing time as a precocious youngster was to save the club money in getting top talent, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement, Arsenal deserve something back for what they've invested in him.

U talk outta your backside sometimes. . . . .

Arsenal deserve nada.
U stole a player from Barca's academy years ago and you are asking them to pay 40 million pounds to get back their OWN player.
Would Wenger pay such for his own trainee?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On May 19, 2010
Cesc is perhaps the most valuable midfielder in the world right now considering his age, experience and abilities

Delusion and GAYYners are synonyms I can confirm. How old is Messi or does FAbregas have more abilities than Messi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2010
Is Messi A Midfielder? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2010
DK I know say you don old, but take inspiration from Moses abeg, Bible talk say him sight no fail am even at 80 tongue

@A-40, and here we go again. First Im defending Wenger then I'm overpampering the boys. Infact I am doing the opposite. When will we start letting this boys take the stick, major sticks for their failings. For once I think Wenger should pillory these guys. But then again everybody would just come back that he's using them as a scapegoat.

Part of mental development is squarely accepting responsibilties for your actions. Wenger is taking his own flack and adding the boys' own too. Nasri ran his mouth, once again please tell him to STFU and focus on developing his game, so that next time even a moronic Domenech will have to be seriously demented to leave him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 6:03pm On May 19, 2010
FBS:

I'm sure you remember a certain TH14. . .he left you and bang, CL title. How long did it take him? And when he left y'all gave different versions and reasons why he left. But we all know why. Champions League.
CR7 has only spent 1 season with RM (never mind his personal collection of titles) so nothing to talk about there.
Fab4 spent 7 years with you with nothing to show for it. What other reason can it be aside the desire to WIN? undecided
As per the highlighted.
Have you forgotten that Fab has said times without number that he would one day return to his club?
Even if Arsenal had remained unbeaten for the last 5 seasons and had won everything, he would still return.
Y'all are rejoicing because Fab4 is leaving Arsenal, you don't know if it's the turning point for the Arsenal.
I read a blog earlier today juxtaposing Arsenal's situation with Juventus in 2001when Zidane was sold to Madrid and they got 3 players in,Neved, Thuram,can't remember the 3rs, they went on to win the serie A title twice and played Milan in CL finals in 03.
Will miss Fab4, but if we will make millions and USE it wisely, please go ahead.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by akinalabi(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2010
There are many young players that can replace Fabregas.

Did you guys watch GTB and Lagos state govt principal's cup?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2010
HNIC, Fabregas should not be sold, I cannot come up with any permutation that is to our avantage on the matter.

Hasnt it been our biggest stick that all we care about is money and have no ambitions, when the truth is that we were cash strapped. Now we have said we have some money to spend to add to our ambitions. So how does selling our NUMBER 1 performer, and club captain factor into that equation.

We are not selling Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nateevs(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2010
allboyz:

Cesc's Departure was always inevitable. . . . [b]i wish he could only think and learn from past that anyone who leaves the club neva get it right again.
[/b]its not done yet,but i wish he stay and lift a trophy for us as captain.
Gooners 1800 tongue

Need I remind you dude of a certain gent named Ashley Cole. . ?
He's won 5 trophies since he left North London. . .
And currently the best left back in the world and playing in the best side in the PL. . .

How do you explain "never get it right again"?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 6:18pm On May 19, 2010
akinalabi:

There are many young players that can replace Fabregas.

Did you guys watch GTB and Lagos state govt principal's cup?

U don kolo. . . . .
Na Arsenal you dey diss like this?

HNIC:

As per the highlighted.
Have you forgotten that Fab has said times without number that he would one day return to his club?
Even if Arsenal had remained unbeaten for the last 5 seasons and had won everything, he would still return.

Yes, i agree he woulda still return but Arsenal fans wouldn't be in this state of penury if you had won everything in the last 5 seasons.
His exit woulda been a year for you to rebuild and y'all wouldn't be under immediate pressure to win anything soon cos you have won everything in the last 5 seasons.

However, that is not the case. . . . . . .
If you start rebuilding now, it will take 5 + x years to win anything tangible.
That is the sad part of the story.

Y'all are rejoicing because Fab4 is leaving Arsenal, you don't know if it's the turning point for the Arsenal.
I read a blog earlier today juxtaposing Arsenal's situation with Juventus in 2001when Zidane was sold to Madrid and they got 3 players in,Neved, Thuram,can't remember the 3rs, they went on to win the serie A title twice and played Milan in CL finals in 03.
Will miss Fab4, but if we will make millions and USE it wisely, please go ahead.

No one is rejoicing Fab4 is leaving Arsenal. When he was here, he won nothing.
I don't see how his exit/staying with Arsenal can affect the destiny of the EPL.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2010

All these they achieved when Zidane was in Juventus as well.

Arsenal have hardly won anything with Fab, so what difference would it make if he leaves, Worst case scenario you would end up being trophyless again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2010
"Toure is not going to replace Cesc. He will not play for Arsenal," the player's agent Dimitri Selcuk said.

"There are very big clubs who are interested and we like these options more."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279626/Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-deal-hit-Yaya-Toure-snubbing-Arsenal.html

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even agents know who the big clubs are and those who dont fit
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2010
What do you think is more likely out of these two scenarios?

1) Wenger sells Fabregas and spends the money the club receives on three establised players, strengthening the core of the team and providing Arsenal with the requisite experience and quality to make an earnest push for title or,

2) Wenger sells Fabregas and talks about a number of high-profile players for the whole summer, making Gooners dream of the likes of Yaya Toure and Gourcuff. In the last week he signs eight-year-old Pierre Bolserwood from FC Feeder Club in the Belgian Congo and Arsenal finish the season AS USUAL

Be honest with yourselves now,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2010
dayokanu:

2) Wenger sells Fabregas and talks about a number of high-profile players for the whole summer, making Gooners dream of the likes of Yaya Toure and Gourcuff. In the last week he signs eight-year-old Pierre Bolserwood from FC Feeder Club in the Belgian Congo and Arsenal finish the season AS USUAL
Need I say More. . . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 6:57pm On May 19, 2010
@Slimshay
That is why coaches and not players get fired!! It is clear Wenger is not handling his B.I and that is why a slobbering i.mbe.cile like Fabianski would gift opponents goals and he would blame it on the ref. If we bash the players what should we do to the muchacho that signed them? Mind you these are all his players so he should ordinarily have a firmer grip on things and clearly thats not the case
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2010
A-40, coaches get fired and not players. . . .so what happens in January and the summer? grin

Anyways my main point really is to start tasking our players. In all honesty Wenger has proven that given the right tools to work with he can deliver the goods. And I certainly dont think he is on some self depreciating trip to want to rubbish his own name and legacy.

He is working with what he has got. And that is no criticsm of any of our players. I have seen enough to know they have required ability. The problem is mental. And they are not going to mature hinding behind Wenger's shortcomings.

Lets not introduce Wenger bashing as a new set of excuse for our players to hide behind. We have given them enough already!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 7:05am On May 20, 2010
HNIC:

As per the highlighted.
Yeah right. . .if? Fact is you did not. grin and he is leaving because he desires to be a WINNER.
Do you know something we don't? the turning point for Arsenal? you serious?
What did you do with the money made from Ade's sale?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2010
HNIC:

As per the highlighted.

This HNIC suppose be Arsenal Mascot. . . . The guy is a clown grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 9:09am On May 20, 2010
dayokanu:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279626/Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-deal-hit-Yaya-Toure-snubbing-Arsenal.html

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even agents know who the big clubs are and those who dont fit

African players have the daftest agents . . .it's proven.
They don't know how to talk, I don't know why I will waste my money hiring them.

Look at Adebayor's agent too . . . mugu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:13am On May 20, 2010
nateevs:

Need I remind you dude of a certain gent named Ashley Cole. . ?
He's won 5 trophies since he left North London. . .
And currently the best left back in the world and playing in the best side in the PL. . .

How do you explain "never get it right again"?
@Nateevs
You Chavs never cease to amaze me
For most of y'all, the EPL started some 5 years ago.
What has Cashley won in Chelsea that he has not won at Arsenal?
Is it the 'double'?, he won it  earlier in 02.
Is it the EPL title? he's won it before in style.(38 matches, no single loss).
So, what new trophy has he won at West London?(and pls dont mention the milk cup).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:23am On May 20, 2010
FBS:

Yeah right. . .if? Fact is you did not. grin and he is leaving because he desires to be a WINNER.
The If is to let you know that whatever hapenned to him at Arsenal, he will always return to Barca one day.And we Arsenal fans know that.
FBS:

What did you do with the money made from Ade's sale?
Are you by any chance suggesting we haven't done anything with Ade's money?
16.5=Arshavin
10= Vermaelen

Money well spent, if you ask me!

slimshay:

HNIC, Fabregas should not be sold, I cannot come up with any permutation that is to our avantage on the matter.

Hasnt it been our biggest stick that all we care about is money and have no ambitions, when the truth is that we were cash strapped. Now we have said we have some money to spend to add to our ambitions. So how does selling our NUMBER 1 performer, and club captain factor into that equation.

We are not selling Cesc.

@Slimshay
It's not my desire to see Cesc go.
No way.
But if his mind is made up and wants to leave , why not.
I don't believe in keeping a player who is not happy playing for the club.
Read earlier that we have placed 80m on him
Good
Laporta and co, show us the money!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2010
HNIC:

Laporta and co, show us the money!

This is the koko, if Barcelona don't show us the money then we sell him to Man City perhaps. grin grin grin
If they can offer 25m for Milner, then they should be able to offer 100m for Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2010
At the end of the day a lot of journos are going to look very stupid and embarrassed at the end of all these. But then again, does the English media carry any sense of shame.

When the Ronaldo saga started they were all over the place running up and down screaming how he is gone becayse no way England and Rooney would tolerate his 'wink' and cheating. Bye bye Ronaldo!! At the end of the day he stayed, won champs league and WPOTY to boot. When he evntually left, not a single on of them had an inkling it was going to happen.

Now they dont want to seen as slacking and behind of the pack on the 'Cesc Affair'. Running up and down fabricating meetings, letters and all sorts of ultimatums which has not been mentioned one bit in any official quarters. Even the noise makers in Spain havent even bothered to place a bid. And they are doin it so shamelessly some are even putting out time tables of the event FFS!!!

How do you guys in UK cope with a news culture totally controlled by gossip and innuendoes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Fixtures / Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.