Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,205 members, 7,842,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (60765 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:50pm On May 20, 2010
na so we see am o Slim, the English media is the worst set of Journos (apart from the egunje culture that pervades nigerian journalism). They will do anything for a story. Did you hear the one about Lord Triesman? the levels they descend to is totally appaling.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2010
Sincerely if it were another country having the sort of incompetent campaign to host a world cup England is having right now they would have been so far out of it.

But trust the ever 'in your face' England media. They wont just roll over and die.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2010
na so we see am o Slim, the English media is the worst set of Journos (apart from the egunje culture that pervades nigerian journalism). They will do anything for a story. Did you hear the one about Lord Triesman? the levels they descend to is totally appaling.

What good can come out of England I ask.

They have the worst set of players, keepers, coaches, referees evebn journalists in the whole of Europe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by asscend: 5:53pm On May 20, 2010
Arsene sold Anelka, Henry, Perez, guys who were at their peak.

He will sell Fab as well. Remember, this is a business and as long as he keeps getting a bountiful return for those board members, his job is safe.

This club is content with 3rd place and oh yes champion's league qualification.

its high times the fans realise this. The man who was pushing the club forward (David Dein) was forced out by those profit hungry board members. Since then Arsenal has been on the slide.

Will it get better, i dont think so until two things happen, Arsene is sent up stairs to become a board member and a new manager is appointed; or a take over of the club happens.

Will Arsenal win anything next season? No No, My prediction is 4th place. unless major improvements are made to the squad, But the reverse is the case as they are selling the best players and are not adding extra reinforcements.

i will like to see Arsenal fans protest in their stadium and put Arsene under pressure. That man is too relaxed, Until they do so they will continue to get what they are getting now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:59pm On May 20, 2010
Good God!!!! Where do these people come from. Anelka at 19 was at his peak. A PLC that hasnt declared dividends in a while now is feeding profit hungry board members. Where the hell do these people come from?!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 10:59pm On May 20, 2010
Arsenal Place £12m French International at Top of Summer Wishlist: Wenger Ready to Bid for Lyon Keeper Lloris

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05/20/arsenal-place-12m-french-international-at-top-of-summer-wishlist-wenger-ready-to-bid-for-lyon-keeper-lloris/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On May 20, 2010
^^Huge joke.

How can Arsenal hope to land a top class goalie for 12million unless you are giving a player exchange for it.

Lyon bought this guy for 9m and knowing how Lyon's president milks suitors for players Check Essien, Diarra and BenzemaDont expect Lloris for less than 20m

Even Enyeama would go for more than 12m not to talk of Ike Shorounmu
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 11:10pm On May 20, 2010
In agege right now, Badstuber is rated at 2million francs, so what's the big deal ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On May 20, 2010
Isnt it to early to be high on burukutu edo?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 12:18am On May 21, 2010
"Well the kid's name is Badstubber. . . But he's been one word today: BAD!" - Andy Gray at his best grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 3:19am On May 21, 2010
Looks like fabregas is comin home after all. I think it will be a deal for yaya and some cash. Wenger won't let fab go unless he gets some ridiculous deal with jara on top.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:08am On May 21, 2010
Why do people think with what happened to his brother, Yaya would come?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2010
asscend:

Arsene sold Anelka, Henry, Perez, guys who were at their peak.
Ha ha ha
I love the internet(freedom of speech)
Anelka sold at his peak
Henry
Pires
Krayola:

Wenger won't let fab go unless he gets some ridiculous deal with jara on top.
Heard the Barca officials have departed London with the speed of Bolt and Johnson combined grin.
I can imagine AW,Gazadis and Hillwood all saying in unison:'Tell Laporta, its 80m or 30m+Messi and Iniesta, otherwise f*** off'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2010
Hahahaha, 30m + Messi & Iniesta! grin

but HNIC, i think PEREZ was sold released signed by Villareal in his prime at 32. . . Or was it 33? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:42am On May 21, 2010
asscend:

its high times the fans realise this. The man who was pushing the club forward (David Dein) was forced out by those profit hungry board members. Since then Arsenal has been on the slide.
You've been reading too much of double mouthed guys like Myles Palmer, if David Dein had his way we would have become Usmanov's plaything and we wouldn't have the emirates. The board members aint taking money out of the club but neither are they putting anything in. Their stance is totally understandable. The business must be able to sustain itself and I'm happy the club has taken that stance.
Take a look at this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/premier-league-finances and yu'll see how well positioned we are going forwards. We are the most properly run club in the PL by a mile.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 12:51pm On May 21, 2010
I don't know bout you guys, but i really kind of want to see Fabregas go back home. May be Wenger should put more effort into local talent cos at the end of the day, all players either want to go back home or to a bigger team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2010
ritchboy:

but HNIC, i think PEREZ was sold released signed by Villareal in his prime at 32. . . Or was it 33? cheesy
Don't mind the guy. . . . .
Perez ko Neves ni
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2010
I don't know bout you guys, but i really kind of want to see Fabregas go back home. May be Wenger should put more effort into local talent cos at the end of the day, all players either want to go back home or to a bigger team.

And Arsenal being a small team doesnt help matter either
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2010
BREAKING NEWS: Marouane Chamakh Signs Long-Term Deal At Arsenal cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2010
It's official
Chamakh is a Gunner

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2010
Another addition to the failed project at Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by asscend: 7:29pm On May 21, 2010
Haleluiah, Arsene has gotten a free addition.

Are there any other out of contract players out there? Pls guyz send the list to Arsene; he will love you for evermore.

Just hope he gets rid off Silvestere and Denilson as well.

The next will be to sell his best player for a top price. its all about the budget. i Just hope he gets rid off Silvestere and Denilson as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 8:14pm On May 21, 2010
^ Stop drinking ogogoro made in cameroun, get rid of Denilson to go where ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by khanye(m): 8:24pm On May 21, 2010
Awoof dey run bele grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2010
Good signing. Next please!

Seems Cesc wont be leaving afterall. . . The people who should:
Silvestre - no brainer. Replacement: Djourou's return to fitness.

Senderos - Remember him? cheesy . Replacement: Campbell(contract renewal).

Eduardo - good player going through a mid-life crisis. Unfortunately we cant just wait around and hope he gets better. Replacement: Chamakh(free).

Almunia - Was actually pretty good when he first broke into the team, but it's all gone south since. Replacement: Lloris(15-20m)/Hart(12-15m)

Mandatory ADDITION: a good DM who can also play as a CM i.e. Scott Parker.
If Gallas leaves, then a quality CB is needed to partner Vermaelen. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2010
I agree with the above except I think Gallas should be sold, not because he's not good enough but because I think he has reached the age where he won't be able to go a whole season without being injured for most part of it. We've had two seasons with him being injured in about a quarter.Time to move on.

I also think Eduardo will trun out well soon enough. He has said that he wouldn't mind going on loan and if that's the case we can loan him for half a season to a premiership club where he will get a good run of games and come back to us hopefully the old Edu we used to know and be our 'new signing' in January.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2010
by the way, anyone seen this video:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/free-video-chamakh-signs-for-arsenal

Arsene looks thin and scruffy,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2010
@proudly9ja
i was thinking the same, about Eduardo being loaned. . . But the risk is, if he doesnt improve, his market value would reduce exponentially. At least now, he's still worth something close to what we paid for him.
I think Gallas still has one good season left in him, maybe two even!

Always starting with a 4-3-3 was one of our biggest problems last season. . . I'd like to see Arshavin go central and us go back to 4-4-2/4-2-3-1. Someone like David Silva would be a fantastic addition to the cause, but he could cost a fortune. Quality doesnt come cheap.

[center]Lloris?

Sagna Gallas? Vermaelen Clichy

Song Cesc?

Nasri Arshavin Silva?

Van Persie[/center]

the technique/skill and passing/creativity alone of that team would be enough to dominate any team and blow 'em off the park! except maybe, you know who. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:52pm On May 21, 2010
Well, apart from believing Eduardo will come out good eventually, I also now believe in this 'January signing' magic.

One of the things that affected us this season was Wenger's refusal to sign someone in January. If Chamakh had come in in January and if he is as good as they say he is, Im sure we would have put up a better fight. We saw it with the Arshavin effect last season.

Thats why I think Edu should go on loan and prove himself. I don't think he has lost his touch, he only needs some confidence boosting performances which will come with matches, matches he won't get at Arsenal especially with Chamakh's signing.
Then let him come back in January and if he doesn't get back that touch, then we can sell him off then. Its a reasonable gamble. There is nothing as good as having players fight for their places in the team.

In your line up, there's no Chamakh? You think he'l be on the benchh? As per Silva, Wenger will only sign such a player if Fab leaves. If Fab stays, I believe there's going to be only one more signing (depending also on the Gallas issue) and that signing will be a goalkeeper.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2010
Finally as regards Gallas, I also do think he's still got one or two more seasons but I can bet he won't be fit for the whole season, he's got to that age. Let us all also remember that this is world cup year and players (especially those who will be at the world cup) will come into the early season tired and as such prone to injuries. The younger ones will heal faster than the older ones.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2010
proudly9ja:

Well, apart from believing Eduardo will come out good eventually,

Sahara desert will be flooded before that happens,besides we really don't have the luxury of time

proudly9ja:

Thats why I think Edu should go on loan and prove himself.

Like a four-season loan??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:36pm On May 21, 2010
So Arsene 'Osho-free' Wenger has signed Chamakh? Eyin Oluwa logo!!! Welcome MC29 all the best in your stay hopefully you would help us get the trophyless gorilla of our back. Not expecting the big bang from him but hopefully he would be useful

When are we changing that home-kit?? Abeg i don tire for am i can like to order for another

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021 / Chelsea Vs Eintracht Frankfurt: Europa League (1(4) - 1(3)) On 9th May 2019 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.