Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,423 members, 7,864,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61318 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2010
cry cry kiss
goodbye Dudu, now this IS class  cool unlike some idiots ,goats and twats tongue tongue
‘I had some very difficult times with my injury, but Arsenal was always there for me – the medical staff, the management, the players and the supporters. Thank you everybody. Although I have now left the club, Arsenal will always be in my heart. I will always look for the Arsenal results and of course, I wish Arsene Wenger and the great players at the club well for next season and the future’
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2010
E-dud-o is tired of the charade at the Emirate??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 1:12am On Jul 24, 2010
No sentiments attached DUDU was a fat flop ! The injury is what he would be most remembered for !

I say a prayer for Ramsey !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2010
Dudu was no flop 20 goals in 67 appearances was decent.

Two things ended Dudu's career with Arsenal - first was the injury, second was the change in formation. Dudu was never going to be a wide left player nor a lone striker. In a 4-4-2 he would've flourished but Wenger has moved away from that, at least for now. I hope he regains his best form for Donetsk.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2010
debosky:

It would be foolish to lose Campbell, leaving Vermaelen as the most experienced CB in the side. That said, I think we still need one more player at CB. If he needs convincing, give him a player-coach deal too.

Any international goalkeeper with pedigree would be better than the ones we have at the moment. But will the lack of a coach at Fulham scupper the deal for Schwarzer?  

We are already trying to bring in Schwatzer on a GK trainer/ GK role.
I also think it won't make sense to let Vermallen be the most experienced CB we have next season plus I like Sol's attitude on the pitch. May inspire some if the young ones. The only thing I don't seem to understand is his instability. He left Spurs to join their rivals - Us, then left us in funny circumstances to join Portsmouth (?) and then went to Notts and left them again in funny circumstances and now, we are not sure if he is leaving or not. Make them talk to the guy o.

However, I think if Sol stays then we won't get another CB and considering Sol can play only one game a week, I will be a bit worried.

Wenger said last season anything more than 5 CBs including Song will be too much. Verm, Kos, Djorou, Sol and Song will make it five.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
proudly9ja:

However, I think if Sol stays then we won't get another CB and considering Sol can play only one game a week, I will be a bit worried.

Wenger said last season anything more than 5 CBs including Song will be too much. Verm, Kos, Djorou, Sol and Song will make it five.

Nordtveit can also play as a CB, if we get Sol that is definitely it for 1st team CB buys this season but Arsene might still be tempted if a young upcoming CB shows up though.
One thing I'm happy about is the technical ability of players coming through our academy now, imagine at a stage last season Kyle Bartley played as a Center forward for Sheffield Utd.  shocked shocked shocked
If only Arsene hadn't gone ahead to shell out for Theo, it is sad that even when Theo plays with the U18 guys he still manages to look the least technically adept player on the pitch, I've given up on Theo ever becoming a Stellar winger. Owen type striker maybe,  Robben/Overmars or even Hleb/Rosicky quality wide player definitely not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2010
Please clean your mouth before spitting out such, Kit.

How was he a flop Scored eye-catching goals, bagged a couple-good assists in his first seson, suffered a horrible injury. . came back stronger,got goals and assists, got knocks here and there, lost his place to other in-form players.

I wish him well wherever he is cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2010
@ proudly9ja

I don't agree with counting Song as a CB, he isn't one. We are playing a dangerous game with the CBs we have. Vermaelen can go the whole season, but that's where it ends in terms of experience. We don't know what Kokomaster will do, dunno if Djourou's knees will last and we definitely know Sol doesn't have the legs to go it all season with games coming thick and fast.

Wenger should get an EPL CB of quality - that is what we need.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2010
debosky:

@ proudly9ja

I don't agree with counting Song as a CB, he isn't one. We are playing a dangerous game with the CBs we have. Vermaelen can go the whole season, but that's where it ends in terms of experience. We don't know what Kokomaster will do, dunno if Djourou's knees will last and we definitely know Sol doesn't have the legs to go it all season with games coming thick and fast.

Wenger should get an EPL CB of quality - that is what we need.

Well, that's what Wenger thinks or at least that's what he thought last season but I hope the Barca games jolted him to reality. However, knowing Wenger, he still won't accept until its happened again.

Like I said in some previous posts, I have learnt not to raise my hopes high when it comes to Le Prof. I also try to read into his statements and from what I have seen so far, its either Sol or a new CB. Not both. I also know that Wenger will not do anything to 'kill Djourou's growth'. lol.

I'm assuming we will have a partner ship of Verms and Sol/new CB with Kos and Djourou as back up and one of them playing the midweek games Sol can't play due to fitness.

Lets see how it pans out. I for one will just be disappointed if again, like as been happening for the past few seasons, we lose out because of our defensive frailties.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2010
As for Theo, well, you are right. He is more in the mold of Owen than the wingers you listed. I expect this season (barring injuries) to be a turning point for him. If anything I knwo his finishing is good. Moreover, right from time, his selling point has always been his pace. When he joined us, the debate was on whether he was faster than TH14 or not. So he may not have the dribbling skills of Messi but I expect him to put his pace into great use. We saw some of it in the first leg against Barca when he came in and Ive seen some glimpses in the preseason.

If we were still playing a 4-4-2, Ild have suggested Wenger start him as a support striker and see what he can do playing just behind the top 9.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2010
E-DUD-HO was a big fat flop and complete waste of money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2010
I beg to differ greatly.
Dudu was no flop.
He wasn't a big name signing to start with and wasn't bought from any of the big leagues.
That said.
The stats showed he had a decent return on goals scored before that horrific leg break.
He hasn't been the same since then.
Go and check out Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and co's records in their first season.
You would certainly have labelled them flops becos they were worse than rubbish.
Wish Dudu the best in his career
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2010
E-DUD-HO was a big money signing for Assanal so the flop tag, If he was bought for 2m no one would call him a flop
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2010
Story story . . .story !

Once upon a time . . .time, time !

For all the decent showing in games, if DUDU had shown up in big games i.e against the BIG 4/5 maybe our trophy drought wouldnt have happened, before and after d injury he never could disturb Rio neither was he ever an handful for Terry.

As per his not being a big signing, any afficionado knows that when u are signed by a big club like Arsenal, woe betides u if u dont make d best of d opportunity.

Playing alongside Agbahowa, who will reckon any longer with Eduardo ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

E-DUD-HO was a big money signing for Assanal so the flop tag, If he was bought for 2m no one would call him a flop
So, how much was he bought?20m,30m,50m?
and he was signed from Bayern, abi na from Madrid or Barca?
Abeg talk another thing

@Dr Kit
Go and look at the stats and see how many times Dudu played against the big four[b] before [/b] the leg break.
I doubt if he played any or at worst, maybe as an 85th minute sub.
Dudu was no big name signing.
AW's programme was to integrate him slowly in the team.
From minute 1 that he arrived, he had Robin and Adebayor in font of him.
Are 'big name' signings not thrown into the Lion's den immediately a la Wiltord,Verm,Arshavin etc?
Dudu broke his leg in two places. . . .
It's only the 'Grace of God' allowing him to play footie again.
Many players have had their career ended by less.
It would have been a miracle if he ever became the same player again.
Whatever, really. . . he would always be remembered at the club and he bowed out with a lotta dignity.
I can't say the same for some players we both know!
What else do you want from a player.?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2010
Eduardo was no flop. . . Wenger trying to convert him to a winger/lone striker and his horrific injury were the main reasons we didnt really see the best of him consistently. His ability as a footballer is unquestionable!

Hell, even after breaking his leg, he still came up with THE MOST AUDACIOUS FINISH IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!! cool

The EPL may never see another footballer as composed in front of goal as Eduardo Da Silva. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:21pm On Jul 26, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Story story . . .story !

Once upon a time . . .time, time !

For all the decent showing in games, if DUDU had shown up in big games i.e against the BIG 4/5 maybe our trophy drought wouldnt have happened, before and after d injury he never could disturb Rio neither was he ever an handful for Terry.

As per his not being a big signing, any afficionado knows that when u are signed by a big club like Arsenal, woe betides u if u dont make d best of d opportunity.

By the same token, every player who has featured for the Arsenal in the years since 2005 has been a flop because their performances have failed to yield a trophy.

Do you see the lack of critical reasoning in your post now?

Playing alongside Agbahowa, who will reckon any longer with Eduardo ?

You just wait and see whether Eduardo will be reckoned with - when he starts lighting up the UCL with his goals, you’ll get your answer then.

At least he will be given the time and opportunity, plus a strike partner to bring him back to his best - something Wenger was no longer interested in doing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2010
So, how much was he bought?20m,30m,50m?
and he was signed from Bayern, abi na from Madrid or Barca?
Abeg talk another thing

Tell us how much 16m Pounds convert to
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2010
Debo

how many Arsenal players since 2005 have done well?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Stop peddling falsehood - Eduardo came to Arsenal for £7.5m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6260864.stm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jul/02/newsstory.arsenal

Dr Kitaun:

Debo

how many Arsenal players since 2005 have done well?

You tell me, since you've passed judgement on Dudu you might as well extend it to the entire squad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Thank God, Debo has answered you.
Where did u get the 16m story from, when Arsenal's most expensive signing is just around that figure?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2010
Da Silva, 24, has accepted a four-year contract offer that will be ratified upon completion of a medical, with Dinamo claiming the transfer to be worth the £16.25m the Gunners received from Barcelona for Henry. Arsenal say the transfer fee is between £7m and £8m

Person wey collect money say na 16m he collect, What did he have to lie about, Wont he give account of his 16m collected?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2010
^^^ Edu came in for 7.5mill. Arsenal's most expensive signing till date was Arshavin (I think?) for about 15million pounds.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
Mirko Barisić, the president of Dinamo, added that "the transfer is worth €24m (£16.25m) from the money Arsenal got after selling Henry to Barcelona. This is the biggest ever transfer in Croatian soccer, inluding the period of the former Yugoslavia."

Is Dimano club president lying about the money he received?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Is Dimano club president lying about the money he received?

That's obvious . . . he was trying to make his club's fans not feel bad about losing their best player.
He even said it was 'the money Arsenal got after selling Henry to Barcelona'. He just read the papers and put a figure there for his fans.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2010
And have you thought he wont have to account for the 16m at the end of the yr?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

And have you thought he wont have to account for the 16m at the end of the yr?

who cares?
he was probably drunk while making that outrageous claim grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Person wey collect money say na 16m he collect, What did he have to lie about, Wont he give account of his 16m collected?
Person wey pay money say na between 7 and 8 million him pay. If you are asking me to choose between Arsenal and Dinamo president's words, Il choose Arsenal's.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2010
Some information about the new 25 man squad rule
**culled from the net***

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2010
more information

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by doncaster(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2010
I tot duduspace once said that man united will suffer when the rule in introduced. I knew right from time that that dudu chat rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.