Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:12 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61317 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^ Can you do better also?

OK Come show me what you can do
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:32am On Jul 28, 2010
Here is to another transitional season. . . IF we do not have the CB and GK signings that we so blantantly need.

BTW,read somewhere Djorou got injured in yesterday's match,na true? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2010
@Dobosky

senility don dey worry u, ode oshi!

When Vela starts to score all his goals only in pre-season and Chamakh had to be dashed penalty to break his hymen, with AA23 his usual lazy self, then u all can deceive urselves that we are decent enuff in d attacking positions.

When push comes to shove Nasri or Diaby may get to play as our 8 & 9 . . .at least the biscuit-bonedness of our strikers might ensure that !

I hope I wont say I warned y'all!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Here is to another transitional season. . . IF we do not have the CB and GK signings that we so blantantly need.
Let's imagine we get Buffon and Jagielka/Mertesacker, there's still no guarantee we will win something.

kay_pumpin:

BTW,read somewhere Djorou got injured in yesterday's match,na true? undecided
Yep, he was injured, but it's thought to be nothing serious.
It's a friendly game against part timers,no need risking anything.
I don't expect Djorou to play many games this season ,maybe just CC games.
He's just coming back after a year out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2010
Can Wenger please give JET more 1st eleven time? sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2010
JET and Wilshere may 'shine' in friendlies but its a whole lot different from real games. I think they are ok in the CC games. Maybe once in a while, when we are leading comfortably in league games, they may come in to get the much needed experience.

Having said that, I expect those two to be massive for Arsenal in the future. I love the fact that JET can dribble and also use his strength. And he is just 19.

Djorou had a slight knock in the last game. I hope that's a jolt to Wenger that we need back up and quality ones for that matter. However, statements credited to Wenger seems like he will be 'maybe buying one more player'. If that is true, that's pretty sad as we need exactly 2 more players. A CB and a GK especially with rumours flying that Sol is heading for Newcastle.

I however expected this. It has happened in seasons past. I don't know what Wenger sees in preseasons but most times after his preseason matches, he decides he won't buy more players. I saw him play Nordvelt in his prefered CB position yesterday. Maybe that's Wenger's 'new signing'. I hope not. However, if we end up buying only one more player - a GK or CB, well, il brace myself up for whatever happens come May 2011.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2010
I agree JET shld have more playing time. . . besides Djourou is now injured

Meterseacker abi na wetin? i fink i need diz guys now. . . else we will be shooting ourselves in da foot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2010
Ok.

Goal.com just broke the news: Sol Campbell signs 1 year deal with Newcastle.

So that's Sol gone.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Dobosky

senility don dey worry u, ode oshi!

I am still a young man. grin

When Vela starts to score all his goals only in pre-season and Chamakh had to be dashed penalty to break his hymen, with AA23 his usual lazy self, then u all can deceive urselves that we are decent enuff in d attacking positions.

Vela was injured last pre-season, this is a completely different ball game. It is an act of tomfoolery to focus on how early in PRE SEASON a striker scores. For goodness sake let him adapt to his new surroundings and team mates before passing judgment. AA23 being lazy is nothing new - I hope he gets better as his fitness improves, all the players are bound to be tiring a bit quickly right now because of the summer break.

Even with that said, RVP and Bendtner are still to return, and Walcott scored for what it's worth. We are more than OK in the forward positions.

When push comes to shove Nasri or Diaby may get to play as our 8 & 9 . . .at least the biscuit-bonedness of our strikers might ensure that !

Chamakh is not biscuit boned - he played a full season for Bordeaux so even if the others pick up injuries along the way, we have enough strikers to replace them.

I hope I wont say I warned y'all!

If we have any issues this season, it will be in defence and not in attack or midfield (unless Cesc leaves). If that is what trips us up, then feel free to scream I warned y'all from the top of your house in the trees. grin

Anyways, Rumour has it that Ivan G is in Germany trying to seal some player deals. . . .IMO getting an EPL tested CB would be preferable, but right now I'd take Mertesacker for £10m.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2010
Carling cup and or FA cup, yes not premier league except the strikers are crocked again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2010
sol shouldn't go i dont wanna blv dat story
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
sol is gone - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6283050,00.html

now defo AW must buy at least 2 DF OR 1 DF / 1 DM can't imagine Song out for 1 month esp in march or April?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
Well with Sol gone, I'm almost certain we will do business in that area of the team. Like Debosky said, rumour has is it that Gazidis is in Germany maybe for a defender. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
Phillip Lahm or Mertersacker
Don't leave German without (at least) one of em, Ivan G
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2010
Some maga thinks Mertesacker for £10m is a good deal?. . . . Debosky obviously hasnt seen the twin towers of comedy, Mertesacker and Naldo manning the Bremen defence. . . . any manager who cops Mertesacker for £10m should be Merte[b]sacked[/b]!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Debo

dont be surprised Chamakh would get crocked b4 he has 10 caps.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hopefully, the injury problems will be reduced next season otherwise its same ol same ol.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2010
yousouph:

Hopefully, the injury problems will be reduced next season otherwise its same ol same ol.
You are damn right.
I wonder why we can't just sell the injury prone players
Even at a loss.
I will rather see the youth team players like Tom Cruise,Jet,Frimpong and co playing then players who play 1 match today and disappear for 6 weeks due to a hamstring problem grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by biolabee(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
yousouph:

guy it will be the same ol same ol
with players like denilson, diaby, bendtner, a disheartened captain and a potentially crocked rvp (by euro qualifiers in sept/nov)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ibime:

Some maga thinks Mertesacker for £10m is a good deal?. . . . Debosky obviously hasnt seen the twin towers of comedy, Mertesacker and Naldo manning the Bremen defence. . . . any manager who cops Mertesacker for £10m should be Merte[b]sacked[/b]!

Thats the problem with EPL managers and fans, they dont know anything. Mertersacker-Naldo?? Lol thats the worst defence in Bundesliga.

You have Westermann, Friedrich, Howedes, Boateng, Hummels, yet you want Mertersacker?

Wolfsburg has bought Simon Kjaer and Arne friedrich, that should tell you that Barzagli can be convinced.

Real Madrid is going for maicon, that Means Ramos would play as a Central Defender, they have Pepe, Garay, Raul Albiol and Arbeloa.

Carvalho has almost been told he is surplus to requirement at Chelsea and he still has 2 good seasons in him

But they keep going for stupid buys

v3:

Phillip Lahm or Mertersacker
Don't leave German without (at least) one of em, Ivan G

In exchange for your stadium? Cos none of your players matches Lahm.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
What most people fail to realise is the depth we now have in our squad, the only youngster I feel we might end up regretting haven given playing time is Theo, all the other boys can tap soccer. People like Denilson, Song and Cesc already have 3+ years PL experience prior to clocking 23 (most people forget Denilson is just 22) and all these younger boys are already giving them a run for their money even before clocking 20. Jack Wilshere, JET and Havard Nordtveit on the strength of what they've done in pre-season could very easily have breakthrough years or at least be quality backup in the squad and Aaron Ramsey is yet another quality backup. I'm sure many PL clubs will be in the running to get any of those 3 on loan as well as Lansbury.

If Arsene sorts out the GK and CB issues as well as rotate well early on in the season, I will be very optimistic of us winning something.

doncaster:

I tot duduspace once said that man united will suffer when the rule in introduced. I knew right from time that that dudu chat rubbish.
You heard rubbish though I never chatted rubbish but I'm not responsible for your crossed wires now am I?
What I said was that Arsenal are the best prepared for the new rule. Manure up till now cannot claim to have ready made replacement for old men like Giggs and Scholes in their mid 30s whereas most Arsenal fans can already look to life after Cesc even in his early 20s (not that he is leaving just yet) in players like Nasri, Wilshere and Ramsey.
Man Utd will be even more exposed next season I can assure you as they start to depend more on youth as it is not likely the likes of Giggs and Scholes will be able to put in 20-30 games this season as they did last season. Arsenal have suffered in the past for exposing our youth early, now its about time we started reaping the rewards of our labour.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by cescky(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
PLEASE WHERE CAN I WATCH THE EMIRATES CUP??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
duduspace:

If Arsene sorts out the GK and CB issues as well as rotate well early on in the season, I will be very optimistic of us winning something.
You heard rubbish though I never chatted rubbish but I'm not responsible for your crossed wires now am I?
What I said was that Arsenal are the best prepared for the new rule. Manure up till now cannot claim to have ready made replacement for old men like Giggs and Scholes in their mid 30s whereas most Arsenal fans can already look to life after Cesc even in his early 20s (not that he is leaving just yet) in players like Nasri, Wilshere and Ramsey.
Man Utd will be even more exposed next season I can assure you as they start to depend more on youth as it is not likely the likes of Giggs and Scholes will be able to put in 20-30 games this season as they did last season. Arsenal have suffered in the past for exposing our youth early, now its about time we started reaping the rewards of our labour.

NO wonder our cabinets is filled with trophys since 2005.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ibime:

I saw Mertesacker at the WC and he looked decent. Besides, compared to Koscielny and injury prone Djourou, he is a better buy. My only worry is that he has also copped his fair share of injuries as well.

If he's as bad as you and DK claim, how did he start so many games for Germany?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Debo

dont be surprised Chamakh would get crocked b4 he has 10 caps.

Now this is pointless negativity. Why should I be thinking a player we've just signed with a clean bill of health, a successful season behind him will get crocked before 10 caps?

Dunno why Mrs. Kitaun is denying you conjugal benefits. . . .the build up of fluids has started affecting your brain. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2010
debosky:

I saw Mertesacker at the WC and he looked decent. Besides, compared to Koscielny and injury prone Djourou, he is a better buy. My only worry is that he has also copped his fair share of injuries as well.

If he's as bad as you and DK claim, how did he start so many games for Germany?

He came at a time when there was a dearth of German talents, He had the height but didnt develop much.

He is a very clean defender, he doesnt do rough tackles, Potent goalscoring threat especially at set pieces but his height also means lack of pace.

With the new boys around there is a debate about if he should hold his spot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
dayokanu:

He came at a time when there was a dearth of German talents, He had the height but didnt develop much.

He is a very clean defender, he doesnt do rough tackles, Potent goalscoring threat especially at set pieces but his height also means lack of pace.

With the new boys around there is a debate about if he should hold his spot

But he's been a regular over world cups now - that's over 4 years. . . .again, is he really that bad?

Lack of pace shouldn't be an issue per se - we need someone with height to match the pace and aggressive Vermaelen.

This is just speculation of course - Wenger might not even be remotely interested in the player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
Ok. he wont grow up to be a top defender. He would always be above average due to his "Clean" attitude and lack of pace.

He has good anticipation though but lacks the aggression to match it
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 11:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Ok. he wont grow up to be a top defender. He would always be above average due to his "Clean" attitude and lack of pace.

He has good anticipation though but lacks the aggression to match it

Thanks for the details - personally, he still sounds better than our own defenders bar Vermaelen. The crucial bit is that he's had a number of seasons in the Bundesliga top flight and two world cups - that is more experience than Djourou can even imagine right now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
Even 65yr old Dr Kitaun, Potbellied Ibime, Dwarf Sharon and Serial fornicator TKB are improvements over Djourou
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
cescky:

PLEASE WHERE CAN I WATCH THE EMIRATES CUP??

Its on Sky sports, I guess streams will be available on the usual sites like myp2p.eu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:02am On Jul 29, 2010
Dobosky

Mrs Kitaun ke? I be young man o !

Na ur amaria don scatter ur common
sense with too much 'gengen' wey dey make u forget say our players especially our forwards dey always get 'groin' if no be that one na 'flu' . . .

rubbish, even Panadol Extra dey cure flu for hia . . .mscheew !

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.