Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,625 members, 7,865,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:26 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61333 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 8:00am On Jul 29, 2010
debosky:

I saw Mertesacker at the WC and he looked decent. Besides, compared to Koscielny and injury prone Djourou, he is a better buy. My only worry is that he has also copped his fair share of injuries as well.

If he's as bad as you and DK claim, how did he start so many games for Germany?

Industry rule #4080 - Manager should never sign players on World Cup performance alone.

Mertesacker? Why not Metzelder? Thats another waste pipe centre-back who's won numerous caps with Germany over the last few years.

The dearth of top German centre-back talent is emphasized by the fact that a career right-back Arne Freidrich is their no 1 centre back.

Young guys like Boateng, Howedes, Tasci just started making their name. No way Mertesacker can start ahead of them when they burnish their reputation.

He slow, hes soft, and hes bound to fall over his feet like a baby giraffe. Between him and Naldo, they guarantee you 2 mistakes per game.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
Chei,
We never sign Per. . . . and all these criticisms dey follow suit.
Just like Debo said, we already have a fast and aggressive TV5.
So they should complement each other, that is , if we sign Per at all.
You can't always have 'gragra' defenders everytime.
With them , you are guaranteed conceding 4-5 penalties in a season.
Anyway Mertesacker should be better than what we have now and can only get better at that age

dayokanu:

Even 65yr old Dr Kitaun, Potbellied Ibime, Dwarf Sharon and Serial fornicator TKB are improvements over Djourou
Really Sauron should post his pics for all to see to rest these stories.
I heard aki and pawpaw are both taller grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2010
Where is DENILSON? Sold, loan or injured?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
HNIC:

Really Sauron should post his pics for all to see to rest these stories.
I heard aki and pawpaw are both taller grin

This is a revelation, are you saying that Sauron is one of those people we used to call SMD those days? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
yousouph:

Where is DENILSON? Sold, loan or injured?

Injured - so is Diaby. Both should be fit to face Fabianski's ex club Legia Warsaw.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
debosky:

Injured - so is Diaby. Both should be fit to face Fabianski's ex club Legia Warsaw.

To think season never start and AW thinks we dont need a back up DM. Rosicky + Denilson + Diaby = Melo but AW wont sign.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
follypimpi:

To think season never start and AW thinks we dont need a back up DM. Rosicky + Denilson + Diaby = Melo but AW wont sign.

Who needs madman Melo when we have Frimpong and Eastmond? grin

Those guys just have slight knocks - the same kinds that players in other sides have. We'll be fine in the DM position with what we've got.

The areas needing sorting out are the CB and GK. . . anything beyond those two is hoping for an Ijebu Frenchman to suddenly become a wild spender. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 8:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Biscuit-boned Eastmond? Please Debo. . no fall my hand grin
We had an aggressive Flamini, Edu, Paddy V. . whats wrong with having Melo?
We need a DM in the 'Pitbull Gattuso' mould that can strike fear into the hearts of AMs. .Ask Scholes grin grin

The Emirates cup will be a good avenue to scout Lloris better,just saw som'n on Arsenal Mania about Cagliari's goalie Federico Marchetti seen around Ashburton Grove,can anyone confirm?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2010
v3:

Biscuit-boned Eastmond? Please Debo. . no fall my hand grin
We had an aggressive Flamini, Edu, Paddy V. . whats wrong with having Melo?

The Emirates cup will be a good avenue to scout Lloris better,just saw som'n on Arsenal Mania about Cagliari's goalie Federico Marchetti seen around Ashburton Grove,can anyone confirm?

I dunno how much Melo is using to bribe y'all - the guy is USELESS.

I'd rather we went for Makoun or some other medium priced Frenchie who is willing to deputise for Song, not some overpriced Brazillian lunatic.

As per Lloris, he won't be sold cheap and Wenger doesn't fancy paying big money for goalies, so he's out of the reckoning.

The Marchetti rumours have been floating around, but people always claim to see players at the Grove. . . .there must be a good weed joint around that place to give people all these visions. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2010
Funny post on Arsenal Mania

Billy Bragg spent a little time on Sunday evening talking about oxymorons. He mentioned phrases like "military intelligence", "american football" and "capitalist democracy". Another one might be the phrase "Rosicky has a small, small alert". Okay, so it's more of a sentence than a phrase, nonetheless I'm sure you'd all agree with me that when it comes to injuries and Tomas, nothing is ever a "small alert". We'll see you in December Tomas, good luck with your rehab.

That's December 2011, of course. Unless you're actually negotiating a transfer,

http://arsenal-mania.com/news/3108901/Small-alert.html

grin grin grin

Poor Rozzi.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2010
debosky:

I dunno how much Melo is using to bribe y'all - the guy is USELESS.
I am wondering also.
The guy's stock has gone down so badly.
He was voted the worst foreign player in Serie A last season and was a flop with Brazil at the World Cup.
Recent performances don't point to the fact that he is anyway better than what we have.
But. . . . . . .
On the flip side, I don't blame majority of Gooners at all.
When you fail to win trophies, fans just wanna see changes, no matter who.
If AW brings Zidane and Thuram to Arsenal, fans won't care much,just try something else apart from Almunia,Bendtner,Denilson,Diaby, Vela etc grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2010
Rosicky should just retire. Many footballers ends their career early because of injury. We need the extra body.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2010
U guys just love chatting bunkum !

When y'all were wanking over Melo, I told y'all he has/had nothing on Song now u all tag Melo USELESS !

The blind STILL do see . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

U guys just love chatting bunkum !

When y'all were wanking over Melo, I told y'all he has/had nothing on Song now u all tag Melo USELESS !

The blind STILL do see . . . .

Sharrap - you need to get off your high horse Kit, even old gits like yourself make mistakes. tongue

@ All

AW claims he is looking at 'many players' so that means he is looking at one player who he wants to sign as our 4th CB. Here's hoping it's someone with sufficient experience to come into the first team IMMEDIATELY.

The Emirates cup is on this weekend - our first chance to see the lads in fairly competitive games. I hope Wilshire shows enough quality this time to get himself in the squad next season. I feel at 18 he is ready to step up to the first team, even as a bit part player.

@ MKII yes cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2010
Ode ni bobo Dobosky yi sha . . .because I no dey put broda b4 ur id u dey try label me OVERAGED?

Abeg go invite Sugomite here make hin come help u prove am . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2010
danke D cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Ode ni bobo Dobosky yi sha . . .because I no dey put broda b4 your id u dey try label me OVERAGED?

Abeg go invite Sugomite here make hin come help u prove am . . .

Abeg I am a young boy - Dr Kit and Kanu are my daddy's mates. grin

Your birth certificate is in the museum on Lagos Island - the first one they ever issued. grin

@ topic

Any gooners going for the Emirates cup starting tomorrow? Unfortunately my plans have changed so I can't make it anymore. sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
No Song, Diaby and Denilson for the emirates cup?
Wahala dey shocked sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2010
v3:

No Song, Diaby and Denilson for the emirates cup?
Wahala dey shocked sad

Arsenals only chance for a trophy is now in serious jeopardy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lordimpaq(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2010
dayokanu:

yea rite as if emirates cup is something to be serious about, na wa for u o dk.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2010
dayokanu:

Buhahaha u r cold I swear.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2010
Alex Song, not Cesc is the best Arsenal player, if we dont have him fit we should kiss the EPL bye b4 its started.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibomade1: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^ Song is getting better but Fabregas is still Fab
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lordimpaq(m): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Alex Song, not Cesc is the best Arsenal player, if we dont have him fit we should kiss the EPL bye b4 its started.

well they both have to play for arsenal to play well,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2010
lordimpaq:

yea rite as if emirates cup is something to be serious about, na wa for u o dk.

I thought they said Half bread is better than chin-chin

follypimpi:

Buhahaha u r cold I swear.

na true o

Arsenal celebrate in pre-season and gnash teet at season end
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:38pm On Jul 30, 2010
@Debo

I'll be attending day 1 with 2 friends tomorrow and will watch our match against AC Milan, Any other gooner attending?

I'm watching the final of the European U19s. What a player Chelsea have in Gael Kakuta, surely a Chelsea superstar in the making, the boy is class. If only he and Pacheco of liverpool play for Arsenal, they would have had earlier first team opportunities. Anyway, the new ruling will help them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lordimpaq(m): 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2010

I thought they said Half bread is better than chin-chin

well true, but not in that respect

Arsenal celebrate in pre-season and gnash teet at season end

let's hope its doesn't end that way, as usual hopeful, then excuses follow, with injuries to blame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 31, 2010
Who's gonna be at The Emirates Cup tomorrow? Debosky?

I've got seats in Section 1. I'll post pictures later
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2010
EMIRATES CUP:

Celtic 2-2 Lyon. Full time

and now for the main event cheesy

Arsenal team to face Milan:
Fabianski, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Rosicky, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Frimpong.
Subs: Sagna, Vela, Walcott, Djourou, Clichy, Emmanuel-Thomas, Randall, Nordtveit, Szczesny

i'm personally looking forward to seeing Nordveit, JET & Wilshere. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2010
What time is the game please ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olabukola: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2010
This is your only chance to touch anything that looks like a trophy this season so make the most of it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2010
olabukola:

This is your only chance to touch anything that looks like a trophy this season so make the most of it.
Can u please mind your damn business and disappear from this hallowed thread

follypimpi:

What time is the game please ?
It started some 10 minutes ago.
Still 0-0

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.