Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,592 members, 7,861,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61234 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2010
follypimpi:

AW is a buffon.Lets just say we have 2 Defenders Kosoro + TV5 for the whole season.Djourou should be sold dude can never be fit.

That is the atrocious situation we are in. . . .we will be throwing an inexperienced defender against Liverpool in a hostile Anfield environment because of Wenger's poor decision making.

At this rate he'll have to play Eboue at RB and keep Sagna on the bench in case TV or LK get injured and we need a replacement. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
Song can play CB and if needed Walkott can too

follypimpi:

AW is a buffon.Lets just say we have 2 Defenders Kosoro + TV5 for the whole season.Djourou should be sold dude can never be fit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2010
when u c the other contenders signin players again n agin,u bgin to ask urself "why should arsenal win anytin" ? i tire. manure don sign another pro
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^ The Lord is your strenght
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
Follypimp you can criticize but really calling AW a buffoon on an arsenal thread?!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2010
slimshay:

Follypimp you can criticize but really calling AW a buffoon on an arsenal thread?!

What's wrong in pointing out FACTS, or is Wenger not a buffoon?

Follypimpi , I dey gbadun your honesty jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2010
slimshay:

Cos thats what he really his.

Did u rememba last season against Bham,when Alumnia pushed the ball into his own net,we were not far away from toppin the table.Also rememba against west ham when manone punched the ball into the path of C.Cole and the goal gave em the boost,those 2 games with a quality goalie we would have been sitting comfortably @ the top of the league,yet he's still hasnt signed a Goalie and dudu will come here typing a whole booklet on how Sylv's a very good signing.Am so pissed off right now,glad i didnt phone in on ATV.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2010
debosky:

That is the atrocious situation we are in. . . .we will be throwing an inexperienced defender against Liverpool in a hostile Anfield environment because of Wenger's poor decision making.

At this rate he'll have to play Eboue at RB and keep Sagna on the bench in case TV or LK get injured and we need a replacement. undecided

AW is a Fking FOOL who never ever learns from his mistake,once beaten over and over never shy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 10:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
Now, Dr Kit's gene transfer has passed the litmus test.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2010
follypimpi:

Did u rememba last season against Bham,when Alumnia pushed the ball into his own net,we were not far away from toppin the table.Also rememba against west ham when manone punched the ball into the path of C.Cole and the goal gave em the boost,those 2 games with a quality goalie we would have been sitting comfortably @ the top of the league,yet he's still hasnt signed a Goalie and dudu will come here typing a whole booklet on how Sylv's a very good signing.Am so pissed off right now,glad i didnt phone in on ATV.

You have seen the light and thou shall not go back into darkness again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:03am On Aug 13, 2010
@Follypimpi

Calling Arsene a buffon is totally uncalled for, keep a sense of perspective, yu're losin it. Even Loserfool fans at the height of their fall backed their manager until he left and I dare say Arsenal is far away from their situation. I still see many things to be happy about at Arsenal if you don't. We still have a great manager whether yu appreciate it or not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:08am On Aug 13, 2010
follypimpi:

dudu will come here typing a whole booklet on how Sylv's a very good signing.Am so pissed off right now,glad i didnt phone in on ATV.

Abeg, yur frustration don dey dabaru yur grammar? I said it 'looked' like a shrewd signing that couldn't go bad at the time. Don't call me Silvestre's fan o, I am not and never was cos I never liked the shape of his head.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:26am On Aug 13, 2010
dipo2much:

when u c the other contenders signin players again n agin,u bgin to ask urself "why should arsenal win anytin" ? i tire. manure don sign another pro

Which kain pro be dat? someone who has not even had a season in the portuguese 1st division not saying the guy won't make it cos I don't know him from Adam but if yu'll rejoice over a signing and question Arsenal's buyin policy, yu couldn't have chosen a wronger poster boy.

All of manure's recent purchases have been underwhelming to say the least, Chicharito is the only one you can say has any decent pedigree and that is if you consider the mexican league to be of a decent pedigree, Smalling couldn't command a first team shirt at Fulham a mid-table club at 20 years of age and this Bebe chap is really a bolt out of the blues and a big gamble at such a cost, 7.5m for a 20yr old who has only had a pre-season with a 1st division Portuguese club never played national under age competition for Portugal at any level, even the Portuguese are asking Bebe who?

Despite the paucity of funds at OT, I can see old habits die hard and Baba Fergie is still splashing the cash any how only problem is that he is moving to Arsene territory now signing unknowns and for big money too. I never wish well for manure but even with my emotional goggles removed I still don't see how this new direction can end well for Fergie, I foresee tears at OT.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2010
Despite the paucity of funds at OT, I can see old habits die hard and Baba Fergie is still splashing the cash any how only problem is that he is moving to Arsene territory now signing unknowns and for big money too. I never wish well for manure but even with my emotional goggles removed I still don't see how this new direction can end well for Fergie, I foresee tears at OT.

Na real wa. Duduspace and I have promised not to insult Arsenal fans but you are tempting me.

Make I go sleep before I break my promise. Tell me the last time Man Utd went trophyless
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2010
Follypimp you know you have goofed if gayleather and resident donkey agrees with you on anything on this thread.
Seriously tho, we are all worried abt it. But name slanging our manager on our thread is bad form.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:25am On Aug 13, 2010
dipo2much:

Ha ha ha
I bet you ain't talking about Bebe
Oya, Wenger, please, sign Bubu.
Bubu is spanish with long hair
He's a 20 year old playing for Sporting Gijon.
He just broke into the first time last season and has been dubbed 'the new Puyol'.
Arsene Wenger: sign him up and we are guaranteed silverware this season grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jaccyraj: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2010
Arsenal plays Liverpool on Sunday

Denilson and Diaby face tough test

Fabregas and Van Persie undergoes test too

Looks like Arsenal would feature Frimpong, Wilshere or we could likely see the Emirates Cup team.

Likely Line Up

Manuel Almunia
Laurent Koscielny
Thomas Vermelen
Gael Clichy
Bakary Sagna
Emmanuel Frimpong
Jack Wilshere
Samir Nasri
Andrey Arshavin
Marouane Chamakh
Theo Walcott

Substitute

Carlos Vela
Emmanuel Eboue
Thomas rosicky
Emmannuel Thomas
Wojciech Szczesny

Read More http://www.goalng.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jaccyraj: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2010
Arsene Wenger has done much to Arsenal football whether we like it or not or whether he won trophies in the last five years or not. Even with little or no players, He has still kept Arsenal in the top four. Even Mancity and Aston Villa had better players than Arsenal but they needed a Wenger to take them up.

http://www.goalng.com
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 8:34am On Aug 13, 2010
^^^^
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2010
At this rate and in line with Wenger's calculation,The Arsenal will have a worse season than the last.Shame on you Wenger for being an opinionated stubborn goat
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2010
follypimpi:

@Folly,
Lemme play the Devil's advocate here.
Against Birminham, Almunia pushed the ball into his own net, but try and remember earlier in the season against West Ham at the Emirates.
We were leading 1-0, when TV5 was sent off and a penalty awarded.
Almunia saved a beautifully taken penalty by Diamanti
That coulda been the turning point of that game.
Also, go back and watch the first leg match against Barca at the Emirates.
It must have been his best performance in the Jersey.
It could have been 4-0 to barca within 13-15 minutes.
How about Manone?
Before his disaster showing at Upton Park,
I saw young Vito single handedly win Arsenal a game against Fulham at Craven Cottage.
We ran away with a lone goal scored by RVP, but really we didnt even play well enough to leave with a draw.
The Goalie's we have(except fabianski grin), have actually won us points also.
But maybe u need your Number 1 to be consistent throughout the sesaon.

IMO,we STILL NEED a new goalie,and then make Almunia number 2.
Loan out Fabianski and Keep Manone as 3rd choice.
When the window closes, I will air my opinion on our chances this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:14am On Aug 13, 2010
@HNIC

Its as if yu're reading my mind over the internet, most arsenal fans these days only see the bad things in the team and not the many good things, its a bit of a shame really cos I am very proud to say I support this team and to be honest, pound for value, there are not many managers in Arsene's league, the only manager who had done consistently what Arsene has done is David Moyes of Everton and Hodgson did it with Fulham for a single season and remains to be seen if he can be consistent.

I'll see how well Fergie does with his newfound love for signing of 'Unknowns', the first player he started with (Manucho of Angola) didn't turn out right, the jury is out on Biram Diouf but Chicharito looks likely to. The new dawn is about to break at Arsenal, when some of us were touting the talent coming through at Arsenal last season, some people thot we had high fever, now even the English establishment is acknowledging the quality of players coming through.

Some people only see things after they have happened while others are able to project ahead, Arsenal is on the right track and I'm eagerly looking forward to this season, something tells me its reward time.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2010
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6309151,00.html

Mark Schwarzer has pleaded with Fulham to let him make his dream move to Arsenal before the transfer window slams shut at the end of the month. . . . . . . .I need it to happen. I've had a couple of chats with Mark (Hughes). It's delicately poised. Who wouldn't be keen to go to Arsenal? At this stage in my career it's an amazing opportunity to play at that level and one I want to take.

Step your game up Wenger. He is not my ideal keeper but at least I am certain he'd do better than Almunia and those kids we have now in goal. But again I'm sure Hughes would make this more diffcult than it needs to be.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2010
duduspace:

@HNIC

Its as if yu're reading my mind over the internet, most arsenal fans these days only see the bad things in the team and not the many good things, its a bit of a shame really cos I am very proud to say I support this team and to be honest, pound for value, there are not many managers in Arsene's league, the only manager who had done consistently what Arsene has done is David Moyes of Everton and Hodgson did it with Fulham for a single season and remains to be seen if he can be consistent.

I'll see how well Fergie does with his newfound love for signing of 'Unknowns', the first player he started with (Manucho of Angola) didn't turn out right, the jury is out on Biram Diouf but Chicharito looks likely to. The new dawn is about to break at Arsenal, when some of us were touting the talent coming through at Arsenal last season, some people thot we had high fever, now even the English establishment is acknowledging the quality of players coming through.

Some people only see things after they have happened while others are able to project ahead, Arsenal is on the right track and I'm eagerly looking forward to this season, something tells me its reward time.
Seriously. . I 'really' need to smoke/drink whatever you're in on shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2010
v3:

Seriously. . I 'really' need to smoke/drink whatever you're in onĀ  shocked shocked

Its called optimism and facing up to the reality of your situation. Like Arsene says, you don't always get what you deserve but if you know yu're on the right track stick to it and you'll win out in the end.

If I puzzle you v3, its because it is hard to reconcile reality with optimism, all those who are calling for Arsene's head have no better plan than to replace him, with who? they cannot say (apart from the obvious pipe dreams of Mourinho who would need an assurance of a blank cheque before even starting negotiations or more realistically Louis Van Gaal who is having a swell time at Bayern) I can see what Arsene is trying to do, and if it has a hope of success then he is the one best placed to see it through.

The board has decided to sink or swim with Arsene and while we might not be swimming yet, our head is definitely above water, I find it strange that most people can't see that but opt to fling the baby out with the bath water. Anyway, we are all different but even as frustrated as most Arsenal fans including myself are with the situation of things, it is still rare to see an Arsenal fan who would go so far as to call Arsene a buffon, with what he has achieved it is as close to insanity as yu'll ever get.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2010
Dudu has to be the most delusional personality on NL. confirmed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2010
jalether:

You're welcomed, next.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Bawses(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2010
jalether:

@Jalether

Go through his posts, he is making a lot of sense, sentiments aside. Don't go calling people names, make constructive arguments Uncle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2010
duduspace:

Its called optimism and facing up to the reality of your situation. Like Arsene says, you don't always get what you deserve but if you know yu're on the right track stick to it and you'll win out in the end.

In summary realism tells me one thing: if we keep failing to address our key weaknesses, we will perennially remain in the position we are now.

Realism tells me that we have only two fit CBs, one of them was playing in Ligue 2 18 months ago; while our competitors have at 3+ seasoned EPL performers. Realism points out that our GKs have issues and none can be really relied upon; our competitors and even teams below us have far better options. Even within that situation, realism suggests that Wenger prefers the hopeless Fabianski over Almunia who can at least beat his chest about winning games for us with his saves.

Realism tells me that we have only one recognised DM in Song, (Denilson is a 'link-player' and can't really be termed a DM) and the others who tackle in midfield are also injured.

Realism tells me we have improved upfront, but sorely lacking at the back and will likely fall apart due to our defensive shortcomings.

There can be no right track in selling off players and not replacing them. That is just unreasonable.

I find it very hard not to be pessimistic about the coming season, but I still hope AW will do the needful and buy a CB and GK. Without those additions, we might as well settle for 4th right now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:24pm On Aug 13, 2010
Debosky I feel your point. It is frustrating enough even to think about these things. Hence I'm taking my comical approach. Make I no start to dey crase like DK!!!!

But meanwhile I know folks on here respect your opinion and as critical as you can get, I dont picture you condoning anybody calling Wenger a buffoon on this thread. Please advise people as such.

@ Folly sincerely we are all frustrated, every and I mean every Arsenal fan I know, and I know a whole lot, are at the edge of their seats right now, Im constantly refreshing BBC hoping to see that we've acquired at least one CB. But I will not, and I dont think its is right for any Arsenal fan should be calling Wenger a buffoon. No sir, not on this hallowed threadTM (Debosky).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2010
@ Folly,

Get a grip son. . . .Thou shall only curse Wenger under your breathe,not on www.Seriously now,can you cut off your expletives and get some perspective,however hard it is.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2010
No need for the long sermons,its plain for everyone but duduspace to see (This guys head needs some serious make-over grin)

AW should get Schwarzer or Hart (a loan'll be good but if you can buy him, then hell yes!)
Get a 'CERTIFIED EPL CB', how hard could that be? undecided
Failure to do both and we could as well kiss the title goodbye before the season starts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.