Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,470 members, 7,864,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61323 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
i believe we beat manure home and away 2 seasons ago. (thats definitly not as far as 5 years). Admittedly,we dont have a squad as good as manure or chelski,but liverpool STILL have a better squad than we have and they aint got sh*t on us. Infact,we beat l'pool everytime we met them last season,and our squad wasnt as good as theirs. In like manner,our squad is good enough to beat ANY opposition,either they hav better players or not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ even West Ham did a double over UTD 2 seasons ago

im sure Tony Pulis would say stoke city have a decent squad to beat anybody in the EPL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
HNIC:

@DK
Don't take my quotes out of context.
Our first team (all fit) can beat any EPL team.
Quote me anywhere.

No long story, Dipo, Do you agree with the quote above and before you answer consider that Chelsea is an EPL team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
A-40:

Whaat?? You wan deny am? Lets just do a quick ask-around i don't even need to say much on this matter. Who are these better players and at what point have they proven themselves against stiff opposition? Keep gassing yourself a few flash in the pan wins in the Carling Cup is not enough proof to show that these small children can produce consistently!! I don't even need to start drumming out the names of our so-called stars of the future that have ended up massive disappointments!

Na small small e dey start, when we spoke of Wilshere, some people said we didn't know what we were talking about, now you see Wilshere starting at Anfield with Theo glued to the bench. Capello didn't take Theo to World cup but said Wilshere and Gibbs are interesting young players to look at for his new look national team. No worries, you will realise what some of us have seen since last season by this time next season.

A-40:

How can Clichy start ahead of Arshavin when he is the first choice LB? Dudu are you high?? Eboue's defensive frailties is the reason why he has been knocked out of his initial position in the first place. When clubs are getting world-class wingers we are busy managing Eboue on the flanks and you wonder why we have been trophyless!

In the same vein, if your Mr Theo is so good, why should a converted RB in Eboue be starting ahead of him? That is the million dollar question you cannot answer.

A-40:

By a miserly 1%?? you are a desperate nigga grin grin the only offensive player that started that he scored higher than was Eboue and Arshavin who everyone knew had a bad game so your link proves what?
Listen to yourself now, who is sounding desperate? how many attackin players started the match again? and was Diaby an attacking player on the day? abeg if you no get point you don't exactly have to type.

A-40:

I was talking about Europe Bros abi you don dey smoke gbana ni?? My point is Wilshere was poor enough to be the sacrificial lamb on the day if he was offering any threat he would not have been subbed. Shikena
Church. . Preach. . Tabernacle
Of course say it! Wenger is clueless it won't kill ya!

Well you need to ask the same Arsene  whom you say is clueless what was going through his mind when he made that decision. All I know is Wilshere has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance on the day and there are a thousand and one reasons why a player can be subbed I wonder why you are fixated on one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2010
Is it true AW made a £2 bid for Peter Rufai and was rejected.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2010
duduspace:

Na small small e dey start, when we spoke of Wilshere, some people said we didn't know what we were talking about, now you see Wilshere starting at Anfield with Theo glued to the bench. Capello didn't take Theo to World cup but said Wilshere and Gibbs are interesting young players to look at for his new look national team. No worries, you will realise what some of us have seen since last season by this time next season.
Arsene Wenger prefered starting Arshavin as a striker for weeks when he coulda loaned any decent striker from other clubs! He also started Lukasz Fabianski in a crucial UCL knockout phase game! Anyway its not your fault but for Pepe Reina's butter-fingers you would not be yarning this megedefegede. Its not hard to see that this man is clueless! Ashley Young did not make the WC too so he must be crap right?? Like i said till Wilshere and Gibbs perform consistently they would be consigned to the growing list of Wenger's academy failures.

duduspace:

In the same vein, if your Mr Theo is so good, why should a converted RB in Eboue be starting ahead of him? That is the million dollar question you cannot answer.
Listen to yourself now, who is sounding desperate? how many attackin players started the match again? and was Diaby an attacking player on the day? abeg if you no get point you don't exactly have to type.
A converted RB who has constantly been deployed as an attacking midfielder?? Arsenal.com even lists him as a midfielder! Obviously Wenger is the only one that thinks he is the next Garrincha. Is this not cluelessness??
Chamakh,Arshavin,Eboue,Nasri,Wilshere all started in front of Diaby. If Theo was that useless why did he throw him on when he knew we needed a goal?? Why is he usually the go-to guy when we are in need of offense in drawing or losing situations. Abeg park well if you no get wetin to yarn

duduspace:

Well you need to ask the same Arsene  whom you say is clueless what was going through his mind when he made that decision. All I know is Wilshere has nothing to be ashamed of in his performance on the day and there are a thousand and one reasons why a player can be subbed I wonder why you are fixated on one.
He was subbed because his presence in the team was adding nothing. He was average and didn't do much on the day! Lets still watch and see but as for me mehn i am not buying that Wilshere hype just yet

follypimpi:

Is it true AW made a £2 bid for Peter Rufai and was rejected.
Abiodun Baruwa is always an alternative
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Image123(m): 8:05pm On Aug 18, 2010
dipo2much:

@ Image123.
If you hold on to the ball,your opponent cant score . And if your opponent dont score,u cant lose. Arsenal's consistent dominance in possession is just one of many attributes that endears its millions of fans every season even though we have a dusty trophy cabinet. I am eager to put the l'pool game behind and talk of something else,but how often do you see l'pool put up such strong defensive performaces. They were very solid in defense against us. Thats why our possession didnt yield much in goal terms.
The bolded is the exact thing that i said arsenal ONLY knows how to do, they can't do anything else. We all know it's impossible to have 100% possession. Arsenal can't handle pressure. You can 'press' manU, chelsea, liverpool for long periods and not score, it's difficult to say that for arsenal. It's their style of play and its not working. And that's the cause of most the team's injury woes coupled with the mentality. I'm not just on the liverpool match but a bigger view of the team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
Watch this space, strong rumors are emerging in France that we've signed Sebastian Squillaci from Sevilla. Spahic could have been a smokescreen. At least Debo can't fault this one if it is true. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2010
Treat it as a rumour then.

How many Rumours have we had already?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
mystikal:

Treat it as a rumour then.

How many Rumours have we had already?

Exactly, and I've not asked anyone to treat it anymore than a rumour, it is clearly stated that it is a rumour. How much clearer does one need to be?  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2010
From what Iv heard, we've signed Squillacci already. Plus he wasn't listed in Sevilla's Champion's League game tonight.
So adding that to Schwatzer, I fuess, thats the end of our transfer for this summer.

What's worrying though is that Squillacci only played 16 games for Sevilla last season. Another injury prone player?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
proudly9ja:

From what Iv heard, we've signed Squillacci already. Plus he wasn't listed in Sevilla's Champion's League game tonight.
So adding that to Schwatzer, I fuess, thats the end of our transfer for this summer.

What's worrying though is that Squillacci only played 16 games for Sevilla last season. Another injury prone player?

I noticed that too on the soccernet site, I then went into his game log and found out he had more appearances. Still cause for worry though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2010
btw, Squillaci is 30 abi, if there is any truth in it, hope it doesnt turn out to be another Silvestre~like signing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2010
mystikal:

btw, Squillaci is 30 abi, if there is any truth in it, hope it doesnt turn out to be another Silvestre~like signing.

Yeah but I think AW still has hopes for Djorou and Nordzvelt so whoever comes in as back up would be someone leaving Arsenal in another 2 to 3 years to give these guys space in future.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2010
kolitos007:

OMG what planet are you guys on lol, on arsenal website nothing like that http://www.arsenal.com/news/transfer-links

on sky sports transfer nothing like that http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

If I find it any where, I would hold my hands up and say am sorry, untill then, SHUT UP!!!

I understand your pessimism but Il also 'hold my hands up and say Im sorry' if it doesn't show up on those sites by this time tomorow. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 9:59pm On Aug 18, 2010
kolitos007:

OMG what planet are you guys on lol, on arsenal website nothing like that http://www.arsenal.com/news/transfer-links

on sky sports transfer nothing like that http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,23710,14896,00.html

If I find it any where, I would hold my hands up and say am sorry, untill then, SHUT  UP!!!

Calm down bro,Dudu is AW PA tke it easy on him i beg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
U Guys should take it easy sha. The Squillaci story is just a rumour.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
There's this thing called a chill pill undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
@proudlynaija

I don't have time for the guy, I have a sneaking suspicion its someone I've had a skirmish with before on this forum who is logging in under another name and trying to wind me up. Bloke must live a very sorry existence. What he is saying makes no sense at all.
I can't understand what a clear statement such as I've made has to do with where I live. We sure have some looneys prowling the net.

@James Bond wannabe

You can kindly speak to the hand, I'm not responding to you any longer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2010
lol, guy, u seriously need internet security, watch ya back! lol

Anyways back to Squillacci. If he turns out to be our CB, one can only hope he doesn't spend more time in the physio's office than on the pitch.

BTW, Samir is off for a month. sad sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2010
Na wa oo,do you have problem with him living in preston or the post ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
kolitos007:

HAHAHAHAHHAAH ,  LOL utter total BOLLOCKS!!!! I have created another account and posted over 200 post so as to pretend am someone else so I can have ago at  you, lol.

Hence you have now answered my question, you are just one of those wannabe fans, probably don't even know where Finsbury park is or how to get to the emirates ground, this is ludicrous, you are bloody northerner claiming to be a Goooooooner spreading rumours, what a plunker, and yet you still don't get it you would never get it, am laughing here kicking just can't get over your comments lol

If you respond to my post again, I will report you as a troll. You have been warned. I don't have time for people who have nothing meaningful to say but are only interested in insults and trading abuse, if thats what rings your bell, you've taken on the wrong person.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
@Koko

Is enough hahaha we ve laughed enough and it aint funny no more,can you call it quit and stop harrassin the dude,i really don't appreciate it.
angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 12:47am On Aug 19, 2010
Yes!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by agabaI23(m): 12:52am On Aug 19, 2010
Bad news!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 3:16am On Aug 19, 2010
Who be dis ediots wey dey desecrate our hallowed thread?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 4:00am On Aug 19, 2010
Dudu too get time. . . now i wish match days will be everyday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tkb417(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2010
Bromley ko, Preston ni

lololol

silly. nyways, is the rumour a confirmed one?

and why do you people now go for misfits?

i hope you guys can get shay Given.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

and why do you people now go for misfits?

At least, everybody sabi Squillaci.
Abeg, who be Bubu. . . sorry Bebe grin
SAF said e no sabi whether na left leg or right leg im dey use grin grin
tkb417:

i hope you guys can get shay Given.
It will be a MIRACLE if Mancini allows him to come to Arsenal.
Schwarzer looks to be the one coming over to Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kolitos007: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2010
@duduspace : You are so right, the rumours is all over sky sports news today, well done, I would never doubt you again, and I apologise for that, like I said I am not afraid to raise my hands am say I am sorry when am wrong, but I did enjoy the winding up though and banter it was fun.

Right now to football matters, I am not sure I like this guy Squillaci, he his old and was rubbish in that france team that got battered, we could have just kept Sendaros, you know, I am just keeping fingers crossed that wenger wakes up and signs Given, before he misses out on him again, what a chance we have now to sign a world class goalie, which at the moment, we don't have.

Shame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2010
kolitos007:

@duduspace : You are so right, the rumours is all over sky sports news today, well done, I would never doubt you again, and I apologise for that, like I said I am not afraid to raise my hands am say I am sorry when am wrong, but I did enjoy the winding up though and banter it was fun.
No offence taken matey and welcome on board. I don't take such things to heart my confusion has always been what kicked off the rant anyway, I clearly stated it was a rumour and still can't understand why you took exception to it, even Arsenal.com had a rumour section early on. It must be something to do with the domestic issues you had. Hope yu've sorted it now though? would hate for a fellow gooner to be fished out of the Thames.  wink
Also, I think we both need to tender an apology to the entire thread for our misdemeanour and hope we're forgiven.

kolitos007:

Right now to football matters, I am not sure I like this guy Squillaci, he his old and was rubbish in that france team that got battered, we could have just kept Sendaros, you know, I am just keeping fingers crossed that wenger wakes up and signs Given, before he misses out on him again, what a chance we have now to sign a world class goalie, which  at the moment, we don't have.
Shame.
To be honest, I share some of your concern, another Silvestre scenario wouldn't be positive for Le Prof's reputation at all but then beggars aint choosers. Anyone with some more info about the guy's recent performances and potential worries?
So lookin forward to Debo's take on this. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Chelsea Vs Real Madrid UCL (1 - 3) On 6th April 2022 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.