Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Much Ado About Feminism - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Much Ado About Feminism (2023 Views)

Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) / Top 20 Misconceptions About Feminism / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Preshy561(f): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

in the making. kiss

She alone types lol..stan
cheesycheesy cheesy
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by shaybebaby(f): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
marvin906:
i think am the only one sick of this topic
I'm ma join you on the steps. Its become tedious.
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
Preshy561:
oh please!!

trash from a jobless man.

Shut the fvck up bleached owerri she-goat.

Sexxyqueen queensexy highqueen multiple monikers for a troll. Woman know your place slowpoke

You are a perfect example of the trash we have in this forum. Unintelligent imp
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by sweetetlove(f): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
FVCKWOMEN:
Perhaps it is born from the general hatred of men that appears to have permeated the feminist movement. Don’t believe me? Perhaps the words of Marilyn French, an acclaimed feminist author will solidify my point. According to herAll men are rapists and that’s all they are. Or perhaps the encapsulating belief that “Men are the enemies of women” according to Professor Ann Oakley is more demonstrative of the sentiments many feminists hold. What has brought about such gender based hatred? Perhaps it is a superiority complex, much like that which was held by European imperialists in regards to the Africans they were enslaving. For example, Erica Jong of the Washington Post believes that “…women are the more spiritually advanced race.” Imagine for a moment that these quotes were taken in a different context, substituting some of the key words. “All Blacks are rapists”, or “whites are the more spiritually advanced race.” Suddenly these words somehow become incredibly more controversial. It is simply amazing the things that some feminists can say and get away with in the “politically correct” world of today.
Have you check the early philosophers like Aristotle, Plato and Sigmund Freud definition of women? Feminism is a sensitive topic in Nigeria, not many understand the concept of feminism, but this your post, your moniker and signature is born out of hatred for women and am wondering why do you hate women so much? I will like to hear your story

2 Likes

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
sweetetlove:
Have you check the early philosophers like Aristotle, Plato and Sigmund Freud definition of women? Feminism is a sensitive topic in Nigeria, not many understand the concept of feminism, but this your post, your moniker and signature is born out of hatred for women and am wondering why do you hate women so much? I will like to hear your story

I don't hate women. I just hate the endless denigration of the male-folk I see in this forum. It's very irritating. This drama queen behaviour has got to stop. The double standard is out of this world

For my signature, that's been edited. Thanks smiley
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Preshy561(f): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
FVCKWOMEN:

Shut the fvck up bleached owerri she-goat.

Sexxyqueen queensexy highqueen multiple monikers for a troll. Woman know your place slowpoke
she goat the trending name for every female in your family..

congrats wink
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2018
Preshy561:

she goat the trending name for every female in your family..

congrats wink

hahahahahhaha. I hear you are in your finals, right? Good, get into the labour market and see the real life. You might need to double your whoring activities though grin

I wonder how long you can keep prostituting your body cheesy

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by sweetetlove(f): 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
FVCKWOMEN:

I don't hate women. I just hate the endless denigration of the male-folk I see in this forum. It's very irritating. This drama queen behaviour has got to stop. The double standard is out of this world

For my signature, that's been edited. Thanks smiley
then pls attack the drama queens, you haven't edited your moniker tongue
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2018
sweetetlove:
then pls attack the drama queens, you haven't edited your moniker tongue

I am already attacking the useless lazy ones like sekxyqueen Preshy561 queensexy highqueen (all one miserable owerri hooker) grin
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

I'm faring well, you?

Yea, Nland feminists, verily can't identify them because most of them do well these days not to comment and reveal themselves to avoid being slammed and bashed my fellows herein.......Thou, I personally do not think you are.

But all the same, i'll like get an answer from you....Are you? shocked

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

But why should feminists be slammed and bashed? Just see how commendable the movement was from the beginning (as the op has already recounted on this thread). Don't you think that the resistance, which men have mounted to oppose the simple rights feminist women wanted for themselves, has given rise to this aggression that sees men as the enemy? Why would you say "no" to the emancipation of women if you aren't malicious? And how would you be considered an ally after that? It's only natural that there would be suspicion about your motives. Some women can stay on the issue (feminists) and some tend to get distracted and end up battling the resistance.

Having said that, I think it now goes without saying where my sentiments lie.
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by sweetetlove(f): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2018
FVCKWOMEN:

I am already attacking the useless lazy ones like sexxyqueen Preshy561 queensexy highqueen (all one miserable owerri hooker) grin

lolz they are coming for your ass better get ready... Nd more kerosine to your elbows cheesy
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
sweetetlove:
lolz they are coming for your ass better get ready... Nd more kerosine to your elbows cheesy

cheesy Not going anywhere. I am waiting for the lowlifes grin
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by donstan18: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

I'm good. Thanks for asking.

But why should feminists be slammed and bashed? Just see how commendable the movement was from the beginning (as the op has already recounted on this thread). Don't you think that the resistance, which men have mounted to oppose the simple rights feminist women wanted for themselves, has given rise to this aggression that sees men as the enemy? Why would you say "no" to the emancipation of women if you aren't malicious? And how would you be considered an ally after that? It's only natural that there would be suspicion about your motives. Some women can stay on the issue (feminists) and some tend to get distracted and end up battling the resistance.

Having said that, I think it now goes without saying where my sentiments lie.

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because 97% of them wants the equal benefit of men but don't want the equal responsibilities.

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because most of the single frustrated and heartbroken women now hide under the shield of feminist to bash and get back at men without have a proper and sound knowledge of what feminist is all about.

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because they are obviously empty and scared of the truth, they are social media feminist, they don't practice what they advocate on net, 95% of them depend on men, they obligate their responsibilities to men but will advocate and agitate for gender equity.

Gender equity doesn't exist in their societal expenditures.

I may not leave here if I keep justifying the reasons why these dump and broke wannabe feminists should be killed undecided

I hate and detest Nigerian wannabe feminists, especially on Nland.

Tell me.... Are you a feminist?

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nigerian wannabee feminists are partially to be blamed for the breakdown in marriages and family nowadays
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because 97% of them wants the equal benefit of men but don't want the equal responsibilities.

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because most of the single frustrated and heartbroken women now hide under the shield of feminist to bash and get back at men without have a proper and sound knowledge of what feminist is all about.

A Nigerian wannabe feminist should be slammed and bashed because they are obviously empty and scared of the truth, they are social media feminist, they don't practice what they advocate on net, 95% of them depend on men, they obligate their responsibilities to men but will advocate and agitate for gender equity.

Gender equity doesn't exist in their societal expenditures.

I may not leave here if I keep justifying the reasons why these dump and broke wannabe feminists should be killed undecided

I hate and detest Nigerian wannabe feminists, especially on Nland.

Tell me.... Are you a feminist?

Lol..... grin

So how do you distinguish between feminists and wannabes on NL? Or do you just label everyone a wannabe for your own convenience?

2 Likes

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Hello MissWrite,

I see I got peoples attention with this write-up. Just needed to point out the rot being exhibited in nairaland nowadays cheesy

My mission is accomplished. This is one of my monikers and it's going into extinction right now. Nice chatting with you. Bye
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by donstan18: 1:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Lol..... grin

So how do you distinguish between feminists and wannabes on NL? Or do you just label everyone a wannabe for your own convenience?

I don't need to do the labeling myself , they are all wannabes because social media is the only place their kind exist.
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2018
FVCKWOMEN:

Hello MissWrite,

I see I got peoples attention with this write-up. Just needed to point out the rot being exhibited in nairaland nowadays cheesy

My mission is accomplished. This is one of my monikers and it's going into extinction right now. Nice chatting with you. Bye

smiley.........Back @you. Have a lovely day.
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
BluntBoy:
Whoever takes feminists seriously these days

I have constantly told people that feminists, especially Nigerian feminists, are the dregs of society.
cosigned √√√

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

I don't need to do the labeling myself , they are all wannabes because social media is the only place their kind exist.

No, come on! There are women who actually practice what they preach. And because you don't really know the lives of people on NL, it's unfair to assume that they don't walk their talk. Some of them do. I just think that the essence of this whole thing is to bully women so that they don't change from the kind of women you're all used to. Adjustment is hard for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Lol..... grin

Easy

Wannabes don't know jack about feminism.

They think their main aim is to create "boys vs girls scenario", Similar to what we use to have during our primary school days. grin

The real feminists are actually interested in the movement and they endeavor to read up about the history and the latest trends of the movement.

Therefore, one can easily tell the difference through their informed and uninformed comments.

Although I don't necessarily accept all the views of feminism, I align with a few

in any event, I know that you are feminists or sympathetic to the movement
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
greiboy:
Easy

Wannabes don't know jack about feminism.

They think their main aim is to create "boys vs girls scenario", Similar to what we use to have during our primary school days. grin

The real feminists are actually interested in the movement and they endeavor to read up about the history and the latest trends of the movement.

Therefore, one can easily tell the difference through their informed and uninformed comments.

Although I don't necessarily accept all the views of feminism, I align with a few

in any event, I know that you are feminists or sympathetic to the movement

grin grin grin

Hmmm....interesting. So the difference, for you, is the amount of information a girl has on the issue..........

But there are people who know everything there is know about feminism, and they're still not sympathizers. And some don't know jack about the history and trends, but they've felt some form of oppression which led them to develop personal principles which are fundamentally feminist in nature. Since there are no membership cards, I think it's your principles that distinguish you eventually. Because they form your character. The knowledge you have only makes you a good talker on the issue; and if you're looking to impress people, that's okay.

2 Likes

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

grin grin grin

Hmmm....interesting. So the difference, for you, is the amount of information a girl has on the issue..........

But there are people who know everything there is know about feminism, and they're still not sympathizers. And some don't know jack about the history and trends, but they've felt some form of oppression which led them to develop personal principles which are fundamentally feminist in nature. Since there are no membership cards, I think it's your principles that distinguish you eventually. Because they form your character. The knowledge you have only makes you a good talker on the issue; and if you're looking to impress people, that's okay.
Granted, feminism is about advocacy not just knowledge of the movement, but it is not just about personal principles either

Advocacy can be defined as public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy.

There is no way one will show support or recommendation for a cause with very little knowledge about the cause

The nativity can be smelled miles away.

It is very evident in the comments of most self styled nairaland feminists that they know very little about the movement and they tend to give different meaning to it

Therefore, I will tag them as wannabes until they pick up some books and educate themselves about the movement.

Otherwise they are just doing it for trills
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by donstan18: 3:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

No, come on! There are women who actually practice what they preach. And because you don't really know the lives of people on NL, it's unfair to assume that they don't walk their talk. Some of them do. I just think that the essence of this whole thing is to bully women so that they don't change from the kind of women you're all used to. Adjustment is hard for a lot of people.

What do they preach?
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 3:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
greiboy:
Granted, feminism is about advocacy not just knowledge of the movement, but it is not just about personal principles either

Advocacy can be defined as public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy.

There is no way one will show support or recommendation for a cause with very little knowledge about the cause

The nativity can be smelled miles away.

It is very evident in the comments of most self styled nairaland feminists that they know very little about the movement and they tend to give different meaning to it

Therefore, I will tag them as wannabes until they pick up some books and educate themselves about the movement.

Otherwise they are just doing it for trills

Yeah, you're right. Knowledge is important. But one doesn't necessarily need the whole backstory of the feminist movement to be an advocate for women's rights and female emancipation. And advocacy doesn't always have to be on a macro-scale. One can work on personal and surrounding experiences of oppression - see one little injustice in their backyard and be inspired to say or do something about it. And the reason they are irked by this "injustice" is because it doesn't sit right with their own sense of correctness.

They may not be fit to be called feminists in your opinion. But they're asking for the same thing, and they're headed in the same direction. What's the name worth anyway?

On this forum, I have seen women make comments that I would qualify as feminist, but these women will always say that they aren't feminists. So what I see is salt and sugar in mismatched containers. Sugar in a box that says "salt"; and salt in a box that says "sugar". But if I'm looking to sweeten coffee, I won't really be concerned with the labels. It's the content that matters. A name is only a claim; in the end, you've got to prove your substance.

I don't know if this makes sense to you; but this is why I was telling Donstan to disregard labels and pay attention to the "fruits"

1 Like

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by MissWrite(f): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

What do they preach?

Feminism.
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by donstan18: 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Feminism.
Good.
Now I ask, are you one of them?
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
MissWrite:

Yeah, you're right. Knowledge is important. But one doesn't necessarily need the whole backstory of the feminist movement to be an advocate for women's rights and female emancipation. And advocacy doesn't always have to be on a macro-scale. One can work on personal and surrounding experiences of oppression - see one little injustice in their backyard and be inspired to say or do something about it. And the reason they are irked by this "injustice" is because it doesn't sit right with their own sense of correctness.

They may not be fit to be called feminists in your opinion. But they're asking for the same thing, and they're headed in the same direction. What's the name worth anyway?

On this forum, I have seen women make comments that I would qualify as feminist, but these women will always say that they aren't feminists. So what I see is salt and sugar in mismatched containers. Sugar in a box that says "salt"; and salt in a box that says "sugar". But if I'm looking to sweeten coffee, I won't really be concerned with the labels. It's the content that matters. A name is only a claim; in the end, you've got to prove your substance.

I don't know if this makes sense to you; but this is why I was telling Donstan to disregard labels and pay attention to the "fruits"
I really enjoy the way your narrative is always based on a balanced perspective. It is a very commendable act

Nonetheless, oppression and the idea of what constitutes oppression can be very subjective at times.

Oppression is a prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or exercise of authority.

One might tag a simple subtle statement as oppression or just a simple opinion on a subject matter that depicts an uncomfortable truth as oppression.

The goals of feminism are well defined even though the ideology of the movement continues to evolve, but the idea of oppression by many nairaland feminists is sometimes completely misguided.

I have seen cases where certain self styled feminists see certain unbiased opinion i.e. uncomfortable truth of male nairalanders as offensive and tag the simple statements as oppression.

I have seen situation where self styled feminists have created threads to attack the male gender rather than focus on a constructive debate to encourage equality that feminism claims to be fighting for.

Some even use it to demand for more financial support from their boyfriends and so on

I believe that is not what feminism stands for, based on what I have been able to read so far.

Thus, I believe these ladies are merely fighting for personal interest, not feminism
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

You are not smart enough to use different monikers without being caught.
Oh, so I am now queensekxy, my o my, what the hell are you smoking?
Re: Much Ado About Feminism by donstan18: 4:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
Chikita66:
Oh, so I am not queensekxy, what the hell are you smoking?

I'm smoking your red G-string

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

Re: Much Ado About Feminism by ubunja(m): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
donstan18:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Stop Low Sperm Count, Erectile Disfunction,and Premature Ejaculation / This Is The Face Of The Guy Involve In Cameronian Voodoo Stealing In Uyo / Which Church's / Religion's Girls Are The Easiest To Sleep With?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.