Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number (6459 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / My Boyfriend Doesn't Give Me Anything / My Boyfriend Doesn't Love Me Anymore Because I Failed JAMB. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2007
u got a boyfrnd, he keeps frowning at you giving guys ur number. wat has number got to do with faithfulness and he kips nagging that u are too frndly with guys when u are just being urself and really loves him and doesnt really care if he has other girls as frnds.he accuses just too much.[
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by whiteNkem(f): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2007
I hear you girl. But you see, just to avoid arguing, try not to be that friendly with guys anymore if you see this is so disturbing to him, BUT apply the same thing on him. After all, it has to be a mutual thing. It's all about compromise. Or you could also try introduce him to those male friends of yours. He will feel more secure, knowing you actually don't have anything to hide.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kike001(f): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2007
hes just INSECURe dump him u just too gud 4 him or try n talk 2 him like its u dat i want not em talk
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2007
@ kike , i dont get that
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2007
he read some sms and was bitter cos they wer romantic ones 4rm sum guys. but it isnt my fault cus i didnt tell dem to send dem,dats wat i bilif.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Seun(m): 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2007
If you are friendly and outgoing, you should go out with a friendly and outgoing guy.
There's no point in secluding yourself from other men until you are happily married. It's good to have plan Bs!
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2007
hmmmm
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Abdblues(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2007
I hope you know it works the other way round too? i.e you wont complain if he becomes friendly with othergirls and you find romantic sms from other girl on his phone!!
Obviously you+ your botfriend have trust issues!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Ronke2811(f): 2:59pm On Mar 09, 2007
kkutecolo:

u got a boyfrnd, he keeps frowning at you giving guys your number. what has number got to do with faithfulness and he kips nagging that u are too frndly with guys when u are just being yourself and really loves him and doesnt really care if he has other girls as frnds.he accuses just too much.[

question 1:
kkutecolo, to be realistic, will u mind if he gives other babes his number and they send all sorts to him

question2:
it seems here that we are having TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY ISSUES;

i am a marketer and my dear 99.9% of my clients are guys and my fiancee doesnt frown wen he sees me give guys my number cos the trust is there.

but lets reason together,if i didnt give him my number ow on earth would he think we will date. considering the fact that he is also a guy.

my sis just relax and be wise in ur dealings with him, in as much as that there are no strings attached to those guys.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by bunmii(f): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2007
think about it this way will you hate it if he collects other girls number? if u would then stop complaining, but if u would not mind then u gotta talk to him explain to him that you are with him not any other guy  he gotta trust u and so on
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by pucho(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2007
@bunmii well said you are the only one with a reasonble response. A guy knows how other guys think he knows the reason a guy will ask for a gals number. If you don't mind him doing that (that is askin for other gal's numbers),then you can carry on but if you do, then pls stop am.
it also depends on the stage you are in a relationship, @seun you said sumtin abt a plan B from my experience plan b more often than not backfires becos a woman will never give her best when she knows she can work out and go to her plan B. if you want to date exclusively then date exclusively no extras on the side.

I personally don't think it is healthy for a woman to have very close male friends my opinion is your partner shoud be ur best friends. you can all disagree but i have done a survey of marraiges that have lasted over 30yrs and they all agree.

if you value ur man and see a future with him then behave urself, dont force him to cheat.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by gina34(f): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2007
For peace to reign stop giving guys ur number in his presence, simple
And stop being friendly to guys too , he is a jealous lover
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Free(f): 6:55pm On Mar 09, 2007
hmmm interestin  undecided

@kkute

how would U feel if he did da same thing
if he took other gurls phone number in ur presence??

if it wud bother U
then U shud know where hes coming from
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by chistiana(f): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2007
girl it not adviceable to date such guy, i thaught love goes hand in hand with trust.if he really trust u, i don't think there will be any problem. why don't u talk him out of these.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by OmoEko1(f): 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2007
Why are u giving other guys your # if u have a boyfriend

Put yourself in his shoes too, if it was all the way around wouldn't u be jealous if he was giving girls # or if they were giving him #s to
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2007
i wudnt mind if he gets other girls numbers though i havnt seen him do dat.maybe he does do it wen am not there, come to think of it i avnt seen him receive or call other girls.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by ima1(f): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2007
why would u be giving other guys your number, its like a sign of disrespect to ur boyfriend, and he obviously values you thats why he doesn't give his number to any girl, im sure u would be jealous if he does the same thing and calls them back,

c'mon be reasonable, he has a valid reason to nag at you.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by iice(f): 8:56am On Mar 11, 2007
I was gonna say depending on the understanding you have going on, it aint that bad giving out your number. However, you say he gets mad. . .so stop giving it out or more appropriately, stop being too nice and friendly with those who are romantic towards you regardless of the fact that you have a bf. I guess he just feels you might be encouraging those guys to be more than just friendly with ya. Nwayz, look at it from his perspective and stop adding fuel to the fire.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by ugodaniel(m): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2007
@topic, if there's nothing like class work or business btw yu and da guys and they're not related to you shocked, then there's absolutely no reason for you to give them ya numbers. It shows disrespect and unseriousness in the relationship on ya part. angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by agnesoseka: 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2007
Depends on y u give dem ur number, sometimes, if its business, as per work den its okay, basically it all boils down 2 TRUST, as long as u guys trust eachother, then there shd be no basis, for his anger!!
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2007
am getting to understand hw he feels
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2007
wat now
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Free(f): 1:10am On Mar 13, 2007
am getting to understand hw he feels

hmm it shudnt have taken U this long grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by whiteNkem(f): 1:11am On Mar 13, 2007
Free:

hmm it shudnt have taken U this long grin grin
true, yet better later than never!
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by sisimose(f): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2007
why would you want your boyfriend to accept you giving guys your number? would you like him to collect girls numbers? please are you still a teenager?
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Bolarge(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2007
@kkutecolo

What's that ur number again? grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Busta(f): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2007
If u want ur boyfriend telling u wat to do, maybe u might as well stop giving guys ur number.

There's is no trust and moreover depends on ur intentions behind the phone number giving. it might not be u but the guys u're giving ur numbers to. . they can be real jerks just to get under ur skirt.

that simple. undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by kkutecolo(f): 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2007
@bolarge
my number wat?
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Ferlie(m): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2007
put it here - u know.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Name(m): 4:11am On Mar 20, 2007
Girls are sometimes funny ,

Would you accept your boyfriend taking a girls number? How would you feel if you read sexy sms on your guys phone?

Wouldn't you be kind of Jealous . ?

I also disagree with my girl giving her number to guy , I nearly stab a guy to dead on friday night simply because he sent a sexy sms to my lady and i mistakenly read it,

, If you already have a boyfriend and you really love you , what on earth would make you give your number to another guy? what exactly do you want from him? Girls are always funny,

Have a nice day,

N.A.S.T.Y
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by Cyclone5(m): 9:36am On Mar 20, 2007
If guys are calling you to hit on you then that should be a problem for you too. And in Naija, you just know thats gonna happen. For peace just restrain yourself and try not give out your number in front of him.
Re: My Boyfriend Doesn't Want Me To Give Guys My Number by denony(m): 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2007
my dear its very bad to do that, please please him and displease your so called number collectors, be serious know what he like you doing if u love him, since you've confessed he neva call or recieve girls calls. Its up to you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which State Has The Most Pretty Girls In Nigeria / Which Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Romantic Men? / Difference Between Boyfriend And Boy Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.