Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Share A Day You Can Never Forget - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share A Day You Can Never Forget (60644 Views)

Share A Quote That Always Motivates You. / What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? / What Are The Best Moments You Can Never Forget in the year 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
Joseid:

You write quite well and that would have made it difficult for you to bore us me with your story.

Travelling into another country as an illegal immigrant isn't only risky considering that one can be deported within the blink of an eyelid but also quite dangerous because many never make it there. The remains of previous travellers you saw in the desert is a clear attestation to this.

Its even heartbreaking to know people who collapsed were left behind to die as they couldn't make it further. And surviving on urine? Really? The journey obviously wasn't for the fainthearted.

That said, you've got me hooked on your experience. Pray, tell, how did you later survive it? After the dangers you exposed yourself to, do you think it has paid off? Would you still embark on such a journey a second time if you find yourself in a bad situation going by all you know now?

Would be delighted to read more from you.

Thanks for your soft words. Still a pretty long story but for your sake will try and do more on the story. Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by folake4u(f): 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2018
ndubueze92:
Guys! what does it mean when a girl calls a guy a fish? please, someone just called me that.

This is the first time I'm posting on Nairaland but I saw the comments of some guys here and I really shook my head cos they were bullsh1t.

Girls call guys fish as a pet name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by njokuuche77(m): 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2018
cecymiammy:

You know nothing
Lol. By the way, you are pretty.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nairalane: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
bottlecap:
well I no most you might not believed this but it actually happened, back in 2008 when I was still in the village there was this girl in our neighborhood who was having a very serious crush on me but I did notice it because I see her then as my sister due to the closnes of our family, but one fateful day she came to our house as usual after greething every body she came to were I was and told me that she was very Bord at home so that's why she come so that we can play some game together, so get up go inside my room and bring out my ludo, then we started playing, half way into the game she asked me this very popular question, how can a stranger come to your house and you don't even care to entertain her, well with my innosen mind I told her to give some minit to go and get something from the nearby junction unknown to me that she had other plans OK to cut the story short, you all no this pardlocks that has four keys that's what I used to lock my door with, so when I go out she pick my key and removed one of them and hide it with her, when I come back I handover the malt that I bought, she thank me and we continued with the game, so after about an hour she said she wants to go, and I said no problem and see her off, letter that evening I when to our village primary school with my guys to play some football only for me to received the shock of my life when I came back, I was greated with Rice,Stew,and chicken on my table, only for the same girl to appear few seconds letter and told me not to worry that she is the one responsible it, still shock I asked how she gain access to my room, she told me to check my key, I did and discover that one was missing, then she said took it when I when I went to buy her the malt , there and then she open the food and guess what, she put two spoon inside, at this point I become even more worry but she assured me that there is nothing to worry about, with that we settle down and start eating, as we were eating we were sweating as well, so as a guy who filled that he is with his sister I pull off my shirt, what happened next will shock you even more, can you believed that this girl also let loose of her wrapper too and was left with only pant and bra, at this point without being told I new it that there was something more than the food that was about to happened, true to my thoughts it surely does,one thing lead to another we started playing and touching each other before I could composed my self and stop it was too late because we were already on my bed naked and I guess at this point you no what happened next,well it was after the whight men had arrive that i was able to gather my sefl what just happened, the wicked girl just smile and told me that she is now happy because she had wanted this for a long time and was very Happy to finally get, well it did not stop there we continued to welcome the whight men on a regularly basis until I leave village in 2011. OHHHH BLESSING GOD BLESS YOU WEREVER YOU ARE RIGHT NOW.
What is this one saying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:
This is going to make a long read though but here we go..

The story about a day i'll never forget..

dexcira

Thanks for reading? No, thanks for sharing. Write a book on the full story, pls. Will be the first to buy.

Where are you now? Did you make it? And how's your family?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:

Thanks for your soft words. Still a pretty long story but for your sake will try and do more on the story. Cheers
Great!
Kindly give me a mention when you do.

3 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
denjjy:
the day Didier Drogba scored the last penalty kick that made Chelsea the champion of Europe. Bayern munchen VS Chelsea UCL Final

2012, May 19. Yay!

4 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by cecymiammy(f): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=njokuuche77 post=65925834]
Lol. By the way, you are pretty.[/quote
Awwn....thanks dear tongue ?? tongue
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2018
barristerzinny:
mine was 9th of this month, I was assaulted and robbed on my way home. I am still recovering from the trauma and injuries I sustained.

Sorry about that Sir
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
folake4u:

This is the first time I'm posting on Nairaland but I saw the comments of some guys here and I really shook my head cos they were bullsh1t.

Girls call guys fish as a pet name.

For instance, I myself Folake4u, I've never called my boyfriend "darling" "sweetheart "etc because I think it's too cheesy. I call him rat, fish, rabbit and other cute animal names because I love him.

This is a female's perspective tho.

Good luck with your lover.

grin grin grin
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Pat081: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
D day I will never forget will b d day dat I will marry one of dis nairaland gal
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
Joseid:

Would be delighted to read more from you.

Me too.

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by holysaint1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2018
Audray:
Lol. Yes 8. Jeez Joe. If i could, I'd give you an award for the little army of monickers you've created. smiley I'm frigging impressed.

can you epp me with ur list of most fascinating seasonal films you ve ever watched or still watching... any genre other than horror and not tooooo much drama (you know what i mean).

Also an intro...

nice lines though.

Ohhh and btw, i would recommend you go watch "Billions"....

Its one of those series you wish was a complete movie... ttyl.
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nairalane: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:

The year was 1999 and i was just 21,had dropped out of college and decided to migrate for economic reason from my home state in Nigeria.

With no pre-requisites nor sufficient finance to go legal by obtaining a visa and flying,i opted to travel by land through the desert onwards Spain via Moroco. There was however a snag as all i had was a map and a sketch of how and where to change vehicles at specific towns in each country i’ll be passing through. Fortunately on the night i was to board the check out bus from my small town of Benin City enroute Katsina State bordering Nigeria and Niger Republic,half the passengers on the bus turned out to be making the same journey so we all naturally gelled and formed a group.

We got to the border town the next morning and got smuggled into a vehicle that took us further into Niger Republic specifically to a town called Agadez.We did a couple of more days there until we got the next connection to smuggle us through the Sahara desert into a town (Tamaransett) in Algeria. Pertinent to note here that the ultimate target of our journey was to hit Morroco from where we can either Climb accross the razor fences seperating Morocco from either of Spain’s enclave of Ceuta and Mellila both on mainland Morocco.This is actually like crossing from Mexico into the US.

A lot happened on the travel through the Sahara as we did the journey in three days.From co travellers collapsing and been abandoned in the desert to having to survive on our urines. Travelling through the desert we did come upon a couple of human skeletal remains of a couple of unfortunate travellers.

Not to bore you folks with my epistle so i’ll leave out much of what i went through on the journey and continue from when we got into Moroccan territory or the border between Morocco and Algeria in a town called Magniya.Everybody journeying through that route actually get together at this jungle-a valley actually where we set up camps and wait to make up a certain acceptable number for the smugglers to take us on the journey by foot through the woods,deserts and jungles of Morroco to evade the authorities.On a good day with a good guide who knows the route well that’ll be a 2 weeks or thereabouts journey on foot.

So on this day my group and i got prepped to embark on this journey.We had gotten our standard supplies of barguettes,sardines and milk to survive on just enough not too heavy to burden us on the long walk.

We journey only at nights for cover.On the first night we covered a couple of km’s in between some guys and ladies already dropping by the way side not able to keep up pace and exhausted,nobody even cares it’s either you ship in or ship out. So we continued until i eventually took a short rest and afterwards got sperated from the group and i knew not what way to continue on.

Out of frustration,hunger and desperation i decided to come out of the woods in broad day not a single scare of the police as i would have gladly ran to them at this point if for nothing at all just for something to eat and a place to sleep.I started begging for food from some locals who were so kind God bless them.These locals will actually get into trouble with the authorities if it becomes public knowledge that they are habouring or didnt report seeing an alien.But these guys will take me in,make me ‘shai’ morrocan tea and bread then hide me until night time then show me how to go and avoid the cops.

So i continued until i got to Nador.This town actually borders Mellila one of the spanish Territories on Morrocan soil.Meanwhile as a group,our original destination was Rabat where we have a decent population of fellow immigrants on the same journey,where we could gather and map out the next strategy on how to cross into spain either by ferry on. a dingy across the atlantic/mediterranean or scaling the razor fences.

When i arrived Nador i was lost for how to proceed being alone.Mind you it was 2 weeks plus already since i got seperated from my group.I hadn’t showered all these while so you can imagine what i was like. While thinking about my life and how to proceed a bike drove up to me and asked i hopped on,i was hesitant but he insisted and i obliged.He drove me for about 5 kilometres and stopped then asked me to keep left and climb a super mountain across that if i did that and kept to my left i’ll get close to the razor fence.

I thanked him and started on the journey of climbing the huge mountain.From my reckoning i started ascending at about past 8pm when the.man dropped me and when i got to the peak of the mountain where i could see all around Nador and also look into the spanish territory it must have taken me about 3 hours but i became so fired up that at least i’m close to spain.

While i was still basking in the euphoria of my new found luck and planing on where to attack from,the heavens gave way and it started raining cats and dogs with no where to take shelter.

I decided to just keep walking with no particular direction until i happened on a cemetry.When i got to the cemetry at about 12–1 am i couldn’t hold it any longer.I just broke down and started crying my hearts out thinking about my family and friends and how no one knows where i am at what i was passing through. Afterall and the rain had subsided i hadn’t the will to continue that night i just laid on the closest grave to me and prayed for the person resting there.

Pretty tough journey i must confess but had to leave out most parts for easy reading.

Thats it folks a lil story about my life.

Thanks for your time and for reading.

dexcira

Nice one! So, where are you today? Spain or Back to the roots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nazeren:

Thanks for reading? No, thanks for sharing. Write a book on the full story, pls. Will be the first to buy.

lol..appreciate your kind words..all teary right now..just thinking about it all. I went through hell i must confess,all in a bid to change my family's discourse as a first son.

I won't be conservative about how a good read my story will be in the form of a book. My only limitation sometimes stems from my lack of self confidence seeing how i abandoned my studies for the journey. Couldn't make it to grad school.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by folake4u(f): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2018
Joseid:

grin grin grin

Hehehehehe, is it funny to you?
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nairalane: 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:

lol..appreciate your kind words..all teary right now..just thinking about it all. I went through hell i must confess,all in a bid to change my family's discourse as a first son.

I won't be conservative about how a good read my story will be in the form of a book. My only limitation sometimes stems from my lack of self confidence seeing how i abandoned my studies for the journey. Couldn't make it to grad school.
Eeyah! So sorry about that, man!
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nazeren:

Joseid:

Great!
Kindly give me a mention when you do.

Sure sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by SKYKEN001: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:

The year was 1999 and i was just 21,had dropped out of college and decided to migrate for economic reason from my home state in Nigeria.

With no pre-requisites nor sufficient finance to go legal by obtaining a visa and flying,i opted to travel by land through the desert onwards Spain via Moroco. There was however a snag as all i had was a map and a sketch of how and where to change vehicles at specific towns in each country i’ll be passing through. Fortunately on the night i was to board the check out bus from my small town of Benin City enroute Katsina State bordering Nigeria and Niger Republic,half the passengers on the bus turned out to be making the same journey so we all naturally gelled and formed a group.

We got to the border town the next morning and got smuggled into a vehicle that took us further into Niger Republic specifically to a town called Agadez.We did a couple of more days there until we got the next connection to smuggle us through the Sahara desert into a town (Tamaransett) in Algeria. Pertinent to note here that the ultimate target of our journey was to hit Morroco from where we can either Climb accross the razor fences seperating Morocco from either of Spain’s enclave of Ceuta and Mellila both on mainland Morocco.This is actually like crossing from Mexico into the US.

A lot happened on the travel through the Sahara as we did the journey in three days.From co travellers collapsing and been abandoned in the desert to having to survive on our urines. Travelling through the desert we did come upon a couple of human skeletal remains of a couple of unfortunate travellers.

Not to bore you folks with my epistle so i’ll leave out much of what i went through on the journey and continue from when we got into Moroccan territory or the border between Morocco and Algeria in a town called Magniya.Everybody journeying through that route actually get together at this jungle-a valley actually where we set up camps and wait to make up a certain acceptable number for the smugglers to take us on the journey by foot through the woods,deserts and jungles of Morroco to evade the authorities.On a good day with a good guide who knows the route well that’ll be a 2 weeks or thereabouts journey on foot.

So on this day my group and i got prepped to embark on this journey.We had gotten our standard supplies of barguettes,sardines and milk to survive on just enough not too heavy to burden us on the long walk.

We journey only at nights for cover.On the first night we covered a couple of km’s in between some guys and ladies already dropping by the way side not able to keep up pace and exhausted,nobody even cares it’s either you ship in or ship out. So we continued until i eventually took a short rest and afterwards got sperated from the group and i knew not what way to continue on.

Out of frustration,hunger and desperation i decided to come out of the woods in broad day not a single scare of the police as i would have gladly ran to them at this point if for nothing at all just for something to eat and a place to sleep.I started begging for food from some locals who were so kind God bless them.These locals will actually get into trouble with the authorities if it becomes public knowledge that they are habouring or didnt report seeing an alien.But these guys will take me in,make me ‘shai’ morrocan tea and bread then hide me until night time then show me how to go and avoid the cops.

So i continued until i got to Nador.This town actually borders Mellila one of the spanish Territories on Morrocan soil.Meanwhile as a group,our original destination was Rabat where we have a decent population of fellow immigrants on the same journey,where we could gather and map out the next strategy on how to cross into spain either by ferry on. a dingy across the atlantic/mediterranean or scaling the razor fences.

When i arrived Nador i was lost for how to proceed being alone.Mind you it was 2 weeks plus already since i got seperated from my group.I hadn’t showered all these while so you can imagine what i was like. While thinking about my life and how to proceed a bike drove up to me and asked i hopped on,i was hesitant but he insisted and i obliged.He drove me for about 5 kilometres and stopped then asked me to keep left and climb a super mountain across that if i did that and kept to my left i’ll get close to the razor fence.

I thanked him and started on the journey of climbing the huge mountain.From my reckoning i started ascending at about past 8pm when the.man dropped me and when i got to the peak of the mountain where i could see all around Nador and also look into the spanish territory it must have taken me about 3 hours but i became so fired up that at least i’m close to spain.

While i was still basking in the euphoria of my new found luck and planing on where to attack from,the heavens gave way and it started raining cats and dogs with no where to take shelter.

I decided to just keep walking with no particular direction until i happened on a cemetry.When i got to the cemetry at about 12–1 am i couldn’t hold it any longer.I just broke down and started crying my hearts out thinking about my family and friends and how no one knows where i am at what i was passing through. Afterall and the rain had subsided i hadn’t the will to continue that night i just laid on the closest grave to me and prayed for the person resting there.

Pretty tough journey i must confess but had to leave out most parts for easy reading.

dexcira

Pls... Can u complete the story..

2 Likes

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by BIXYBABE: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
D day I registered on NAIRALAND
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nairalane:

Nice one! So, where are you today? Spain or Back to the roots

Back to the roots man..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
folake4u:

Hehehehehe, is it funny to you?
Yup cheesy
How long have you been dating your boyfriend? Didn't he object to such names?
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by obataokenwa(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
GIDIBANKZ:

Just imagin the disgrace you pass through bcose of a gurl another another man is fucking nw.....
Part of life lessons
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
YTderin:
October 17, 2017
Got home met my immediate junior brother in pains, he passed on before we could get him to the hospital,
Still have the memory etched freshly in my brain.
Darkest day of my life.....
sori bro

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by junnyjake(m): 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
gaby:

dexcira

Wow, this is perfect.

I'd suggest you open a different thread for this where you won't feel the need to leave out some relevant details of your ordeals.

Do tag me when you must have decided to do that. Thanks!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by njokuuche77(m): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2018
[quote author=cecymiammy post=65925930][/quote]

Single or married?
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Atiku2019:
Nov 16 1991 when i represented Blue House to win the 50Meters primary School Inter-House Sports grin

I Miss Central Bank Primary School Lagos
cry
I wasn't even born lol
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by kelvee(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2018
The day I stopped masturbating. smiley was a tuff and ruff road but jah saw me tru. Can never forget that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
Nazeren:

Just remembered how in the course of the journey one of the girls had gotten knocked up by someone she can't place and how she had gone into labour and everybody scampered in different directions except me. I helped Christy bring into the world a cute little baby boy and christened him Tyson right there in the desert.The boxer Mike Tyson was at his peak then.
How i managed with the delivery? Even me sef tire for the inspiration and inexplainable direction on what to do.

I can remember kneeling in front of Christy while she was gritting in pains and urging her on to keep pushing.When the baby popped out and unto my hand i was confused on what to do because the baby was still attached to the placenta inside her mom through the umbilical chord.

Confused on what next step to take,i resorted to pulling on the umbilical chord until the placenta came out. At this time i had shown Christy her new bundle of Joy and though still in pains,she had the presence of mind to direct me on what and what to do , such as un tying a thread from her head and tying between the chord and the placenta before separating the baby from the placenta. For the cutting i had to improvise with the lid of a sardine can.

There's more on this particular event too.
Only God knows where Christy and Tyson are today and if they ever talk or think about me...lol Got no contact with them.

joseid,nairalane,skyken001,nazarene,dexcira

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by folake4u(f): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
Joseid:

Yup cheesy
How long have you been dating your boyfriend? Didn't he object to such names?

Lol OK.

He did initially, he really resisted the name but got used to the name and he likes me calling him Fish.

1 Like

Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
The first day I tasted Goldberg

It was heaven on Earth
Re: Share A Day You Can Never Forget by gaby(m): 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2018
junnyjake:

Wow, this is perfect.

I'd suggest you open a different thread for this where you won't feel the need to leave out some relevant details of your ordeals.

Do tag me when you must have decided to do that. Thanks!

Sure bro , thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Baby Snake Found Inside A Chair At A Relaxation Center / Rat Strays Into NDLEA Exhibition Room, Gets High Then Gyrates / Ghanaian Female Soldiers Pose With A Python In The Jungle

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.