Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves (8061 Views)

Athiests, Prove To Me That BIG BANG Happened. Is this Eyewitnesses photo real? / Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics / Who's Deceiving Who? Athiests Are Afraid Of Armrobbers, But Not God/hellfire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by felixomor: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2018
dalaman:

[s]From praying to your imaginary God to kill me last year to saying amen to some empty and useless prayers abi. grin grin.

Felixmoron, you are here following your masters tail and sniffing at his an us abi? Continue[/s].

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by dalaman: 11:47am On Mar 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by MaziOmenuko: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Read my full post again and this time try to understand it because you obviously didn't with the way you split it.

I understand your post perfectly. Let me rephrase...

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end

[quote]
Myles Munroe was 60yrs when he died agonizingly in a plane crash.

Bishop benson Idahosa was 50yrs when he died.

Pst. Bimbo Odukoya was 45yrs when she died.[quote]

Now, is any of the three deaths above part of God's plan for you guys? To give you a befitting end such as dieing in a plane crash or is the befitting end referring to the everlasting life because there seem not to be an end in an EVERLASTING life.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Seun(m): 11:52am On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:
My father and my God, I ask you for the salvation of the this lost soul. You asked us to pray for people that do not yet know you because you love them and want them to join in and become part of the inheritance that Jesus death has brought mankind

Jesus gave Himself as a ransom for his sin. He no longer needs to live his life without knowledge of God.
Lord Jesus, I know you have broken the hold of sin, the world and ignorance over his heart and mind. I speak the love and peace of God over his heart and mind. Allow him to see the light, hope and new life that the gospel brings. Remove the blindness from his eyes. Lord Jesus, let your grace bring him in contact with people that will expose him to the love of Christ in such a manner that he will accept it.

Lord God, it is not your will that any should perish. I pray in accordance with your will and Word. Let your will be done in his life. Give me the strength to continue in prayer for him. Lord let your will be done. Let him come to a living knowledge of your love.

Bring him to the point of repentance from his lack of serving you. Bring him into the kingdom of your son. Let him embrace and live in the love of God free from the deception of the world.

Lord, let your compassion continue to keep him from the destruction of evil. Let him not see death before knowing you. However long it might take, your promise never fails. Lord I commit into your hands this lost soul who was created in your image.

He will know you before he sees death in Jesus name I pray. Amen!
Dude, you’ve disobeyed Jesus! “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.” Matt 6:5-6

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:

Dude, you’ve disobeyed Jesus! “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.” Matt 6:5-6

This is a faceless forum so my prayer is apt. Do you "see" me praying? But you can read my prayer and know what my thoughts are for you despite your many provocations.

My father still sees me in secret and will reward me openly. Thanks for your concern.

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

I understand your post perfectly. Let me rephrase...

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end

What is the EXPECTED END? You think END there meant an ending? It means reward. A future expectation/gratification.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
dalaman:

You can say anything you want. You can even declare that you are the son of Donald Trump. The reality is totally different from your useless and delusional declarations.

Your talk as as empty as a Muslim praying for Allah to open your eyes to the truth and light of Islam. The light and truth in Jesus to me is exactly the same as the light and truth that you see in Islam.

Still does not change the words I have spoken according to the will of my Father. You ate free to make all the comparisons you want but like I said, the end shall justify.

That assurance I have according to proverbs 23:18

For surely there is an end.
And your (my) hope will not be cut off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:
This is a faceless forum so my prayer is apt. Do you "see" me praying?
What a clever loophole! Jesus will definitely fall for it on judgment day because he doesn’t understand cyberspace <sarcasm>

But you can read my prayer and know what my thoughts are for you despite your many provocations.
Yes, because it’s not possible to compose a prayer that expresses thoughts that are the exact opposite of the thoughts in your mind. /s
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:

What a clever loophole! Jesus will definitely fall for it on judgment day because he doesn’t understand cyberspace <sarcasm>

Yes, because it’s not possible to compose a prayer that expresses thoughts that are the exact opposite of the thoughts in your mind. /s

Like I said, thanks for your concern albeit not warranted nor solicited for.

And stop breaking your own rules of derailment on your own forum.

2 Likes

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by MaziOmenuko: 12:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

What is the EXPECTED END? You think END there meant an ending? It means reward. A future expectation/gratification.

Lol...bible twisting is not your fort. You are still a baby-christian. When you grow up, you will be more enlightened, then shall the truth set you free.

Next time, try to read a verse before and a verse after what you are defending so that you understand the context before giving it your own arbitrary meaning.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...bible twisting is not your fort. You are still a baby-christian. When you grow up, you will be more enlightened, then shall the truth set you free.

Next time, try to read a verse before and a verse after what you are defending so that you understand the context before giving it your own arbitrary meaning.

LMAO he calls me a baby Christian cheesy grin

Why not post the before and after for me and let's see if it's not talking about a reward or expectation or gratification.

Will you dare do this Mr "I am still a baby christian". grin

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by dalaman: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Still does not change the words I have spoken according to the will of my Father. You ate free to make all the comparisons you want but like I said, the end shall justify.

That assurance I have according to proverbs 23:18

Your empty talk is always about the future that you never know. You never talk of the present because you know nothing and your father can never help you and tell you anything about the present. You can only talk about the future you never know because deep inside you know all your talks are empty and foolish.

Your foolish friend felixmoron was busy telling his God to kill me last year because I insulted it. Now he is following you to shout amen to your useless prayer about me converting in a future that you never know.

You goons are just totally confused. You still make me laugh with your empty delusions. So there is this God that is alive, omni what ever and also wants me to know him and be in a relationship but you are the one reminding him to do what it wants abi? If I call you deluded now you'll take offence. You guys need to sit down and see that your assertions make sense before spewing them .

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

From the link

Now that you see it, abeg shift!
So her drug use is what you call a medical issue, and similar to the fixing back of a decapitated head or a ruptured appendix?
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
dalaman:

Your empty talk is always about the future that you never know. You never talk of the present because you know nothing and your father can never help you and tell you anything about the present. You can only talk about the future you never know because deep inside you know all your talks are empty and foolish.

Your foolish friend felixmoron was busy telling his God to kill me last year because I insulted it. Now he is following you to shout amen to your useless prayer about me converting in a future that you never know.

You goons are just totally confused. You still make me laugh with your empty delusions. So there is this God that is alive, omni what ever and also wants me to know him and be in a relationship but you are the one reminding him to do what it wants abi? If I call you deluded now you'll take offence. You guys need to sit down and see that your assertions make sense before spewing them .

My present

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

My future

Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope

My present continuous

Job 36:11

If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures

I know all I need to know cheesy

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Planet earth doesn't have more than one God.
It seems to have very many actually. Even adherents of the same gods seem to have many versions of it.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The creator doesn't have a name. Each race, people, generation, religions, etc give him their preferred name or names.
Not only preferred names, but also preferred attributes. Many versions of gods, essentially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by dalaman: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

My present

Romans 8:28

My future

My present continuous

Job 36:11

I know all I need to know cheesy

So words of other men like you are your present and future abi? When I say you worship men and their ideas you'll start blabbing all over.

Later when pushed to a corner you'll start saying that you worship some imaginary experience. Keep dancing in your folly while displaying your delusion for all to see.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO and you just gave him a name yourself. You called him THE CREATOR!

THE CREATOR translates to ELOHIM.
Actually, it translates to Obatala, and Atum, and Zeus etc, none of whom you would agree are called Elohim!
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Exactly as I pointed out. It would seem that you guys take the part that helps strengthen your believe in God and disregard the part that brings doubts about the existence of God which is laughable to say the least.
And, dishonest, at worst.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
dalaman:

So words of other men like you are your present and future abi? When I say you worship men and their ideas you'll start blabbing all over.

Later when pushed to a corner you'll start saying that you worship some imaginary experience. Keep dancing in your folly while displaying your delusion for all to see.

My present

Isaiah 40:29-31

He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 54:10

10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

My future and present continuous

Deuteronomy 31:8

8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Specifically my present continuous

Psalm 23:4

4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by awesomeJ(m): 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Seun:

That's not what the teaching sought to address. When you see people who pray for the major aim of wanting recognition from others as being spiritual. Those are the ones Jesus warned us against imitating. Such folks who would scream and cabash nonsense just so you see them as "holier than thou"

Jesus himself prayed in public in many instances, "Father, thank you for always hearing me...Lazarus, come out! " He said those in public. Great men of God today do too during conventions and meetings, so it couldn't have been public praying that He condemned. It rather was public praying for show off that was taught against.

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by danvon(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

Actually, it translates to Obatala, and Atum, and Zeus etc, none of whom you would agree are called Elohim!
Zeus didn't create humans in Greek mythology, he isn't the first god he is not even the most powerful god
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

LMAO such an unthinking fellow.

When did North America, China, South Africa, Australia, Japan, begin to exist?

Keep derailing grin.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
danvon:
Zeus didn't create humans in Greek mythology, he isn't the first god he is not even the most powerful god
The question was about "Creator", and not what, exactly, though one could assume, humans, earth, the universe, I suppose.

Zeus created other 'gods' (Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hermes, Persephone, Dionysus, Perseus, Heracles, Minos, and the Muses), so some might say he went further than most.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
let Me Ask, what Conviction Do You Have That There Is A God out There

None.
We all use any means available to us to try n connect with God.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by dalaman: 2:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

My present

Isaiah 40:29-31

Isaiah 54:10

My future and present continuous

Deuteronomy 31:8

Specifically my present continuous

Psalm 23:4

You love regurgitating empty talks abi?

He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint

Who are the weak that your God gives power to? We can test this empty talk. I know many believing christians that are terminally ill in the hospitals who are weak as a result of their terminal illness .How many of them has your God given strength to? If it's true there won't be terminally weak Christians in the hospital. He will all give them strength. But as usual when we follow your assertions to the end they always come up empty.

Even you that trust in the Lord have NO extra ordinary abilities. You are NO different from anybody else. Of you run a few 100 meters you'll get tired. If you don't eat for days you'll die, if you don't protect yourself against germs you'll fall ill and when you fall ill you'll need medication else you'll die. No evidence whatsoever to show that does who trust in your God fare better than those who don't at all. So what is this empty talk of soaring like an eagle all about? Do you have any extra ability attached to you because you trust in the Lord? No you don't. Keep your empty talk to yourself.

10 Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Your God has compassion for people and yet there are countless christians are all over the suffering abi? Well done. There's no way I can have compassion for my kids and people will not be able to notice it clearly. Keep throwing empty talk.

4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Until you walk into sambisa forest and go and preach the word of your God to the Boko Haram people residing there without and fear because your God tells you that even if you walk through the valley of the shadow of death you'll fear no evil, then I'll assume that you have an idea of what you are saying. It's easy to talk cheaply. What matters to me is action and not empty talk. Head to Sambisa forest and go and confront Boko Haram and tell them to turn away fom their evil ways .

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

It seems to have very many actually. Even adherents of the same gods seem to have many versions of it.

Yes of course, each people n religion bring out the names n images they orwder God to have.

But at the rnd of everything, planet earth is the work of a creator.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Keep derailing grin.

I doubt you have any idea what derailing even means.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

I doubt you have any idea what derailing even means.

Why would u know grin
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Why would u know grin

Not surprised you don't know.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by danvon(m): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

The question was about "Creator", and not what, exactly, though one could assume, humans, earth, the universe, I suppose.

Zeus created other 'gods' (Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Hermes, Persephone, Dionysus, Perseus, Heracles, Minos, and the Muses), so some might say he went further than most.
You mean the births resulting from his sex perversion
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

But at the rnd of everything, planet earth is the work of a creator.
A very bold assertion indeed, but in no way is it everyone's conclusion that the earth was created by a creator. The best some claim is that it came into being, period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! / What Are The Earthly Advantages Or Benefits Of Being A Christian? / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.