Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves (8065 Views)

Athiests, Prove To Me That BIG BANG Happened. Is this Eyewitnesses photo real? / Love Life Of Athiests And Agnostics / Who's Deceiving Who? Athiests Are Afraid Of Armrobbers, But Not God/hellfire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2018
ReinaFarine:

I believe in testimonies honey. I do because I am a theist. I believe things that can never be explained by science are miracles of God. And, I don't read links. Sorry.

Why did Jesus stress belief over knowledge then?

Let me help you out.

believe
[bih-leev]
verb (used without object), be·lieved, be·liev·ing.
to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so:
Only if one believes in something can one act

The belief Jesus is referring to is the type borne out of KNOWING! it's like saying I AM SURE THAT I AM SURE THAT I AM SURE!

I believe BECAUSE I KNOW GOD IS ABLE. i do not believe because I just have to believe. I believe because I KNOW whom I believe in and his abilities.

Like I said, you need the Holy Spirit to open the word to you.

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by ReinaFarine: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
EzeDictator:
so Whats The Point arguing with Me?

Y'all think I'm arguing. So, I'm out.
Read my post. To learn like you stated was the reason for this thread. And not to argue.

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Y'all think I'm arguing. So, I'm out.
Read my post. To learn like you stated was the reason for this thread. And not to argue.
So Many Words Yet Said Nothing... So What Is the Point you Made?
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Those medically unexplainable things are what I believe to be miracles.

So death was the will of God of Steve Hawkins? Don't attribute everything that happens to God.

Death was borne from the cooperation of the devil and of man and passed on to all men. God said he derives no pleasure at the death of a sinner.

Only God can reverse death and this he did in Christ by offering us salvation and eternal life. Something Hawkins could not scientifically decode wink

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2018
butterflylion:

Yes you have to take his word for it unless you are his personal doctor and can dispute it.

butterflylion:

You do not make claims and expect not to show proof to support it.

This is a second reminder!

Welcome back. Your absence was noted.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2018
budaatum:

This is a second reminder!

Welcome back. Your absence was noted.

Still saying the same thing. The proof the OP has is called "His words against others". I believe he offered some details which need to be scrutinised and not just swept away by some unthinking folk.

My words are mine and you do not need to wave them at me like some pirate flag.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2018
butterflylion:

Still saying the same thing. The proof the OP has is called "His words against others". I believe he offered some details which need to be scrutinised and not just swept away by some unthinking folk.

My words are mine and you do not need to wave them at me like some pirate flag.
The person that response was initially made to offered his "words". They constituted his claim. The person I quoted rightly responded by demanding evidence to substantiate that claim, the premise being, his word was insufficient.

But if you will not take my word for it, that the above was what was meant by that quotation, please ask the person quoted and let me know so that I may offer the most profound apologies if it be the case that I have misunderstood.

Meanwillie, do note, everytime the opportunity is found, buda shall wave your pirate flag at you.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
budaatum:

The person that response was initially made to offered his "words". They constituted his claim. The person I quoted rightly responded by demanding evidence to substantiate that claim, the premise being, his word was insufficient.

But if you will not take my word for it, that the above was what was meant by that quotation, please ask the person quoted and let me know so that I may offer the most profound apologies if it be the case that I have misunderstood.

Meanwillie, do note, everytime the opportunity is found, buda shall wave your pirate flag at you.

May the carrier of the pirate flag always know that he needs to also show his hands whenever he makes his claims as he always makes.

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2018
CatfishBilly:

So, I'm going to take his word that his appendix ruptured for 8 hours cos he's a doctor and knew exactly when his appendix ruptured?

Abeg.

People survive ruptured appendix with formation of abscess and even full blown peritonitis.

His case is not extraordinary.

But this case is extraordinary isn't it?

https://www.nairaland.com/4405427/tonier-cain-muldrow-meet-former-prostitute

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2018
butterflylion:

May the carrier of the pirate flag always know that he needs to also show his hands whenever he makes his claims as he always makes.
Please note the following, which followed in the discussion from which the quote came from. I have taken a tiny liberty.

budaatum:

I'm referring it to everyone, since it is wise advice.

Whenever you deem it necessary, and when pirate flag bearer does not show hands, please pirate flag owner, do demand that she does.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2018
butterflylion:

But this case is extraordinary isn't it?

https://www.nairaland.com/4405427/tonier-cain-muldrow-meet-former-prostitute
Please Observe The Following Rule:
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
budaatum:

Please Observe The Following Rule:
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.

Are both cases not medical cases? Someone said a medical case seen as a miracle wasn't extraordinary and I showed another medical case that is seen as a miracle and you say it's off topic?

Abeg shift!

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by budaatum: 1:03am On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

Are both cases not medical cases? Someone said a medical case seen as a miracle wasn't extraordinary and I showed another medical case that is seen as a miracle and you say it's off topic?

Abeg shift!
Please indicate to me what it is about that story that makes you see it as a medical case.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 5:48am On Mar 19, 2018
budaatum:

Please indicate to me what it is about that story that makes you see it as a medical case.

From the link

A woman has got herself trending online after sharing her story online to celebrate her 14 years of freedom. The US based woman identified as Tonier Cain-Muldrow revealed how she prayed to turn a new leaf while being incarcerated in prison. She revealed how she was arrested 83 times, had 66 convictions, not forgetting 19 years of drug addiction, prostitution among other vices.

She shared her story with pictures as proof which has now gone viral on Facebook. Read below;

Fourteen years ago, I laid on my prison cell floor pregnant with my daughter, and I cried out to God. My prayer was sincere and desperate. I cried out “God I don’t know if you listen to people like me but if you do please help me”!!

After 83 arrest, 66 convictions, 19 years of drug addiction, prostitution, homelessness, diagnosed mental ill, I felt hopeless, helpless and dead inside. I tried everything else but God, so here I was trying God, sincerely seeking him.

He heard my cries. Since that desperate cry, I have not desired or used drugs or even smoked a cigarette.
What he has done for me and through me shows the true healing, delivering power of our true, living God. Our Savior! Our redeemer!!! Our Healer!! Our Deliverer! Today marks my 14th year of freedom.

Who the son sets free is free indeed. Father God, I celebrate you!!!! I thank you! I honor and worship you for being The Creator! The First and the Last. The Alpha and Omega!!! The “I AM”!! Glory to you alone. Thank you for the blood of our Savior Jesus who has set me free!!!

Now that you see it, abeg shift!

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
hahahaha... I Didnt Choose God Because I Was Brought Up To know Him. I Chose Him Because Of Evidence Of His Presence In my Life... Why Did You Choose Your Path?

U chose God because u were born into a Christian family n thus ur father took u to baptism n enrolled u into a church.

If u were born in Saudi Arabia, u would have been a Muslim.

Meanwhile there's no evidence of the presence of God in ur life, We all assume that.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
let Me Start With The Basic Ones... I Have Dreams at Night which have All Beginning To Come To Pass Gradually, at Some Point In My Life I Spoke To God in A Dream, he Told Me i Was Chosen To Be A Writer And Film Director... As At When He Told Me This I Had No plan Of Doing Such neither Did I Want To but Today It Happens To Be The Path i Have Chosen With Passion... Is There A Scientific Explanation For This Dreams

A dream is basically images n scenarios drawn from the subconscious part of ur mind. Dreams is just balderdash on average.

Now for some people who have a stronger connection with spirituality (Not religioin/Christianity or islam) can dream dreams that are actually revelations from the most high.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
Not All Dreams Come To Pass Especially If It Was Something I Thought About Before I slept

Meaning that 99.999% of dreams are basically things existing within our subconscious.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
How Long Can A Man Survive With A Ruptured appendix

Ur questions are mostly absurd bro.

Medical questions about survival doesn't have a definite answer. In this ur appendix case, there are over 20 factors that can decide how long a person can last with a life threatening physical injury or illness.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Meaning that 99.999% of dreams are basically things existing within our subconscious.
Please Dont Put Another Meaning To My Words

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

A dream is basically images n scenarios drawn from the subconscious part of ur mind. Dreams is just balderdash on average.

Now for some people who have a stronger connection with spirituality (Not religioin/Christianity or islam) can dream dreams that are actually revelations from the most high.
which Most High Are You Talking About

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

U chose God because u were born into a Christian family n thus ur father took u to baptism n enrolled u into a church.

If u were born in Saudi Arabia, u would have been a Muslim.

Meanwhile there's no evidence of the presence of God in ur life, We all assume that.
Well To Shock You Sir, I Am Not Even Baptisted...

1 Like

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
I Had Appendicitis which Ruptured at 7am, the Pain Was Excruciating, I Was Left Unattended To For 8hours in The General Hospital... 4 to 5hours Is Enough For All The Pox and Bacteria to Flow Into My Alone Streams And Heart and Kill But That Didnt Happen, can You Explain Why Scientifically?

This is very basic, There's no miracle about this.

A man with a strong immune system can easily fight off pox, HIV, and all manner of bacteria without blinking an eye.

NB.

There Hve been atheists, Deists, Agnostics, Muslims n Hindus whose appendix busted n they didn't receive Amy medical attention for very many hours and they survive without scratch. God fugue bro
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Ur questions are mostly absurd bro.

Medical questions about survival doesn't have a definite answer. In this ur appendix case, there are over 20 factors that can decide how long a person can last with a life threatening physical injury or illness.
where Do You Stand Sir
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
Well To Shock You Sir, I Am Not Even Baptisted...

There's nothing shocking about that. That u weren't baptized doesn't mean anything cuz u wouldn't be the first . The point us that u were born into a Christian family and they took u to church
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
where Do You Stand Sir

Explain further.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Explain further.
Are You Atheist Or What
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by butterflylion: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

You have zero idea of what you are even saying.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
Of Cause I Have Seen Them... It Is Natural For A Man to Disbelieve Stories until Seen Physically... To Start With; Noah's Ark Is No False Story

Then explain to us how a male n female Polar bear trekked from the north pole to Israel to board the Ark grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2018
EzeDictator:
which Most High Are You Talking About

Planet earth doesn't have more than one God.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Planet earth doesn't have more than one God.
what Is The Name Of This God
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2018
butterflylion:

You have zero idea of what you are even saying.

Bros u have never ever had any connection with God. U are not in a position to question people who have.

Try n make massive reading about the past of the igbos. The white men kept saying that we aren't religious, rather we practice spirituality.
Re: Let The Athiests Come In Here Lets Settle Ourselves by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Then explain to us how a male n female Polar bear trekked from the north pole to Israel to board the Ark grin
Was Watching A Documentary Years Back when A Scientist Explained That Polar Bears Created From Evolutional changes And Changes In Dna And reccessive and Dominant Genes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! / What Are The Earthly Advantages Or Benefits Of Being A Christian? / MUST READ: Perfect Explanation To Why God Does "EVIL"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.