Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

We both have the sickle cell trait....? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We both have the sickle cell trait....? (1203 Views)

The Ogbanje Syndrome Aka Sickle Cell Anaemia... / Top 10 Trait Of A Great Girlfriend / I'm SS (Victim Of Sickle-Cell Disease): Who Will Marry Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Brandi80(f): 2:46am On May 03, 2010
We both have the sickle cell trait, ?

stay togeda or not?
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by TewMuch: 5:09am On May 03, 2010
i dunno. Should you get married( smiley) Should you break up ( smiley) . It seems you are still in lala land, and in a fairytale as you are smiling up and down. Go and read about this triat, and come back with your conclusions. If you think love conquers all, and are still in fairy land then you would have answered your own question.lol. grin
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Nobody: 5:27am On May 03, 2010
no, you shouldnt get married.

this is extremely common knowledge which you didnt need to ask people's opinion about unless you really dont know.
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Odunnu: 10:22am On May 03, 2010
Dnt do it my dear.U'l end up livin a frustratd,penniles,loveles life.
Trust me.
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by chibenwa(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2010
@poster,u need not go into marriage.But most pple decide to take the risk.And somtimes, they are
lucky.i.e, having the first offspring and second to be AS.But the probability of having the third free from SS
is 0.Sometimes u might be unlucky as well having the first offspring to be SS.
Guess you dnt want to take the risk just becos of luv?think right dear!
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by coolier(f): 10:58am On May 03, 2010
AS + AS = AA, AS, or SS. It's only a great risk nobody wants to take. The only other option is to get married like you want to but you make sure you do a Genetic Prenatal Testing, each time you're pregnant. This will tell you your baby's genotype even a very young age, and let you decide whether to keep the pregnancy or abort it. But then again it depends on where you are when you're pregnant as this test is only done abroad.
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Odunnu: 12:38pm On May 03, 2010
and keep killing a baby all for luv?its not worth it one bit!
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Blazay(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2010
Your choice.
Your business, not ours.
Be prepared for the consequences, if you are unlucky to have sickle cell children.
Now you know.

The strain has ended many marriages.
Decide wisely.
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Brandi80(f): 11:25pm On May 03, 2010
dis is depressing but tnx for d input
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by kieryn(f): 3:34pm On May 04, 2010
If you all truely love each other there nothing wrong with staying together and even getting married. But having kids should not be an option. You risk having a child with sickle cell anemic. Try adoption if you desire kids.
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 04, 2010
^^good point
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by ayanfemy(f): 4:51pm On May 05, 2010
its a risk, u may be fortunate to give birth to children whose genotype is AS; on the other hand all your children maybe SS or AA! cos d percentage is 25%SS 59%AS 25%AA! prayers, luck may work but hhhmmmmnnnnn in case they don't work and the only child you give birth to is SS? you cant be as patient as my mother who raise 3 sicklers! we are all married with children
Re: We both have the sickle cell trait....? by ayanfemy(f): 4:52pm On May 05, 2010
its a risk, u may be fortunate to give birth to children whose genotype is AS; on the other hand all your children maybe SS or AA! cos d percentage is 25%SS 50%AS 25%AA! prayers, luck may work but hhhmmmmnnnnn in case they don't work and the only child you give birth to is SS? you cant be as patient as my mother who raise 3 sicklers! we are all married with children

(1) (Reply)

When Guys Say I Love You / I'm So Scared,confused And Mad,pls Room Help Me Out! / Dating A Witch!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.