Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos (27279 Views)

Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iconize(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Exactly... those places are slums for all I care. The same with Ajegunle and Festac! All we ask from this savages is to be civilized and humble in their quest to feed their families back in their jungles. shocked

Makoko, the largest slum in Lagos is majorly inhabited by Yoruba folks.

There's no slum bigger than Makoko in the entire SW.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
horsepower101:

Porto novo nko?

These people are real jokes to humanity.
lol..see this one...wondered why your perpetually cursed ancestors are disgracing themselves up and down fighting for eze ndigbo Ibadan...joke is on an idiot like you.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iconize(m): 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
Onijagidijagan:

have u heard of Delta IBO before?

Block letter-crazed sewage rat.

What's Delta Ibo?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 10:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:

You are really childish...

Where did you see that Igbos have ignored their homes

Lagos doesn't belong to the Yorubas...

Why not start from Ibadan, Ado Ekiti, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and Akure....

Did Fashola, Ambode, and Oba Akiolu build any of these..?
oponu...those Igbos at MDS,Oshogbo ,or maybe Sabo at ondo are aliens from another planet....what of your stupid ancestors fighting for eze ndigbo Akure...didinrin,amuku meko.

shebi your own land is flowing of honey, wondered why your eternally cursed people are looking for in the land of people of brownroof and skull mining....

ndideveloper..lol

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Follygunners: 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Olril18:

oponu...those Igbos at MDS,Oshogbo ,or maybe Sabo at ondo are aliens from another planet....what of your stupid ancestors fighting for eze ndigbo Akure...didinrin,amuku meko.

shebi your own land is flowing of honey, wondered why your eternally cursed people are looking for in the land of people of brownroof and skull mining....

ndideveloper..lol

Those folks are soo annoying, I swear. Na dem dem soo grin Developers.. lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Kingspin(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
Our leaders are the real devil we can see. They like to think from their anus not head.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by knowledgeable: 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2018
Temmy5050:
you work in lagos make ur money in lagos . lagos made u,yet u cant give back to the society that made u can u sincerely accord a yoruba man the freedom to do whatever he likes as u are doing in their land now? ...shoir. leopard cannot change its spot

Idiot, Lagos didn't make any Igbo person. Igbos made lagos (whether you accept or not).....afterall, Igbos sacrificed millions of their lives to separate from your lagos/Nigeria only to be pulled back by demons like you in conspiracy with Hausa/fulani, because you and your lagos have much to gain from Igbos. No coincidence lagos has evolved into a mega city she is today with forced back Igbos after the civil war playing the most dynamic economic role. No wonder you demons(always in your upside down logic of "Lagos made you Igbos "wink, in conspiracy with you know who, not allowing sea port/international airport in SS/SE in order to retain the huge Igbo population/their wealth in lagos, but thank God a tribalistic lagos governor Ambode "the bolded" has kicked off all manners of anti Igbo policies in lagos, with silent jubilation among the highest percentage of Igbos welcoming such demonic policies because, it will finally separate Igbos from their most dangerous enemy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Follygunners: 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:

Are you that hard of hearing?

In 1966, we all returned to our own land..and they came there to kill millions.

How else do you want me to explain this, ogbeni?

You no fit fight ni? All the chest-beating? Really? You be Van Damme na.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
deeptechcool:
No dispute about their high population in those places. The bone of contention is, if igbos only are 90% of landlords in those areas, what then is the population of over 250 other tribes in Nigeria including the indegenes?
Igbos might be ubiquitous,it never translate to total domination.

I agree with you, 100%! cool

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
knowledgeable:

Idiot, Lagos didn't make any Igbo person. Igbos made lagos (whether you accept or not).....afterall, Igbos sacrificed millions of their lives to separate from your lagos/Nigeria only to be pulled back by demons like you in conspiracy with Hausa/fulani, because you and your lagos have much to gain from Igbos. No coincidence lagos has evolved into a mega city she is today with forced back Igbos after the civil war playing the most dynamic economic role. No wonder you demons(always in your upside down logic of "Lagos made you Igbos "wink, in conspiracy with you know who, not allowing sea port/international airport in SS/SE in order to retain the huge Igbo population/their wealth in lagos, but thank God a tribalistic lagos governor Ambode "the bolded" has kicked off all manners of anti Igbo policies in lagos, with silent jubilation among the highest percentage of Igbos welcoming such demonic policies because, it will finally separate Igbos from their most dangerous enemy.

If you ask them what exactly Lagos did for igbos, they can't answer.

Did Lagos give igbos free land? NO
Did Lagos give igbos pocket money? NO
DId Lagos give igbos free food? NO
Did Lagos provide free housing to igbos? NO
Did Lagos send igbo kids to school? NO

Time they stop this fallacy. Lagos is what it is today because of unjust monopoly and Igbo dynamism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 10:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:
Look at this one from Oshogbo ranting...

Aminu from Borno will also claim Abuja as theirs...

Why are you lazy clowns not proud of Ibadan your brown roof capital of SW?

See this comedian! shocked Onye nzuzu! So anyone who disagrees with you is from Osogbo or Ibadan? I do not even come from the Southwest. It is obvious you must have flunked your exams in school. So collect a refund from your teachers, because you did not learn anything from them.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Africonji: 11:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Afonja is the most tribalistic in the history of Nigeria. From Awolowo, to Abiola, Tinumbu, Fashola and now Ambode. They stole our properties but we bounced back. They try to force their rubbish language on our children in Lagos but we will show them. This Ambode is the worst of them. He knows that Igbos are buying up all the land all over Lagos so what did he do? He increased land use charge because he know we pay the most Tax in Lagos and control the economy. Afonja why? Why are you so lazy and jealous instead of stopping to be lazy? Afonja should be humble and learn how to be hardworking from Igbos so that they can prosper like us. Igboland is already the fastest developing region in West Africa. Thank you Tinumbu, Fashola and Ambode for pushing us back to invest in Igbo land. But Mark my words, we will continue to dominate lazy afonja in their land because we are umu Chineke. If Ambode like he should increase land use charge times 1000, we will still continue to buy all your lands. Mark my words.

10 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Africonji: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
iamhorny:
If they like, they should increase the land use charge by 10000000%, it is the lazy and unenterprising Afonja that will suffer it...at the end, igbos will become the real owners of Lagos in asset while yorubas will be found in the slums and poor area with low standard of living..

All the landlord will do is to increase rent, then business owners who have rented shops in a bid to break even and also be able to pay for his rent will transfer it to his customers ..

I personally like it, it will reduce or stop the migration of Yoruba's from their local states to Lagos, thereby leaving Lagos in the hands of the Igbo majority...hence with financial and numerical strength, we can direct the affairs of Lagos....
One thing I know, igbos strive better with challenges...we love challenges and are never afraid... By the time high rent and cost of living drive most of them out of main lagos to the slump and nearby states, leaving the main Lagos to the igbos numerically, then we will begin to produce our local gkvernment chairman in all Igbo dominated areas of Lagos, leading to producing house of rep member , leading to Igbo governor of Lagos....it will happen, in the nearest future... When they think they are hurting us,they dont think of the long term consequence. It will turn back to hunt them.

Mark my word: the so called real owners of lagos will be the biggest losers because the economy of Lagos is not in their hands. The same way Eko Atlantic will be over ran by igbos and expertriates when completed.

While Lagos state will be declaring fat IGR, the real owners of Lagos will be at the lower economic cadre while the middle men(Igbo) will be at the upper economic class..its just simple...

Seriously, Yoruba's need to start becoming enterprising if they hope to compete with the Igbo or to remain in control. The same way the Jews control Newyork with their financial strength and direct policies of government by creating powerful lobby groups within government coners, is the same natural way it will happen in lagos with the igbos.

All I know is which ever way it swings, the igbos can never loose..we shall control lagos economy which we will use as a platform to capture Ogun and other southwestern state, while our economy in the east remains firmly in our hands and control....No Shaking.

Finally,I believe God is using Lagos to compensate us for the evil of abandoned property and 20pounds policies of Awolowo and sadly the yorubas can't do anything.
Lagos will eventually be the inhertance of the igbos.

Nwanne, you have spoken well like a warrior!! Have you noticed that it is Afonja pipo that are complaining the most about the Land Use increase? cheesy They are poor like church rat grin They even threaten to remove that bigot Ambode for it. Igbos in Lagos don't care and are going about their business because we are still making our money Nwanne. If that Ambode foooll like he should increase it as many times as he want, we don't care because we are blessed and we will pay while Afonja will be the one to run back to their brown roof villages.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
Africonji:

Nwanne, you have spoken well like a warrior!! Have you noticed that it is Afonja pipo that are complaining the most about the Land Use increase? cheesy They are poor like church rat grin They even threaten to remove that bigot Ambode for it. Igbos in Lagos don't care and are going about their business because we are still making our money Nwanne. If that Ambode foooll like he should increase it as many times as he want, we don't care because we are blessed and we will pay while Afonja will be the one to run back to their brown roof villages.

gbamm!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Loveijaw: 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Where is Portaharcourt?
Port Harcourt is in the North!
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by adadike(f): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2018
Yyeske:
Nne, PH, Uyo and Calabar are out of it too. We need to learn from our past. Owerri is safe anyway
of course dear
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by polimaf(m): 1:25am On Mar 20, 2018
are you building the house to make more money or just to show your village people you have arrived. Despite the so called LUC, Coman see the way IBO guys are buying the whole of Thomas estate in Ajah and building massive properties. Buying the whole of Ibeku Lekki and Ajah. More money must be made brother.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 4:39am On Mar 20, 2018
Africonji:
Afonja is the most tribalistic in the history of Nigeria. From Awolowo, to Abiola, Tinumbu, Fashola and now Ambode. They stole our properties but we bounced back. They try to force their rubbish language on our children in Lagos but we will show them. This Ambode is the worst of them. He knows that Igbos are buying up all the land all over Lagos so what did he do? He increased land use charge because he know we pay the most Tax in Lagos and control the economy. Afonja why? Why are you so lazy and jealous instead of stopping to be lazy? Afonja should be humble and learn how to be hardworking from Igbos so that they can prosper like us. Igboland is already the fastest developing region in West Africa. Thank you Tinumbu, Fashola and Ambode for pushing us back to invest in Igbo land. But Mark my words, we will continue to dominate lazy afonja in their land because we are umu Chineke. If Ambode like he should increase land use charge times 1000, we will still continue to buy all your lands. Mark my words.

lol...you should tell that to your neighbouring ikwerre who stole your properties in PH...care to mention an example in Yoruba land?

wailing liar..

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 4:40am On Mar 20, 2018
Africonji:

controlling the economy by selling gala and fanyogo...lwkd...

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Strikethem: 5:43am On Mar 20, 2018
[s]
Africonji:
[/s]Which properties are you talking about, can you name them?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Strikethem: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2018
horsepower101:

If you ask them what exactly Lagos did for igbos, they can't answer.

Did Lagos give igbos free land? NO
Did Lagos give igbos pocket money? NO
DId Lagos give igbos free food? NO
Did Lagos provide free housing to igbos? NO
Did Lagos send igbo kids to school? NO

Time they stop this fallacy. Lagos is what it is today because of unjust monopoly and Igbo dynamism.
How did you develop Lagos if I may ask
By contrusting the third mainland bridge?
Oh, by building the national stadium?
By building the national museum?
Na una build the national theatre?
By constructing all the roads in Lagos?
So you do all these and all the roads and streets in Lagos are not named after igbo?

I am waiting for your answer o. Come and tell me how you developed Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by SUBWAY101(m): 6:36am On Mar 20, 2018
Loudmouthed gala sellers that own imaginary mansions. Even that ugly flat head with yam leg that share a Bq with 12 other gala sellers is claiming mansion owner. Buhahahaha. Wetin person no go hear on nairaland. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by SUBWAY101(m): 6:39am On Mar 20, 2018
Strikethem:
How did you develop Lagos if I may ask
By contrusting the third mainland bridge?
Oh, by building the national stadium?
By building the national museum?
Na una build the national theatre?
By constructing all the roads in Lagos?
So you do all these and all the roads and streets in Lagos are not named after igbo?

I am waiting for your answer o. Come and tell me how you developed Lagos.

No one take all these loudmouthed cannibals serious. Many were exposed on this forum, one Amadi Collins was always claiming mansion owner in Lekki until he was busted as a painter in far away Ijebu Ode. Lolzzzz. Abokis and the SS folks own more properties than these human eaters in Gidi.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Yoshy: 6:47am On Mar 20, 2018
[quote author=horsepower101 post=65978400]

I agree with this 100%. No matter what they throw at us, we always overcome. Ndigbo are the most inspiring group I have ever come across. [/quotke]

My brother don't let that decieve you o...go home and invest biko
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iamhorny(m): 6:53am On Mar 20, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iamhorny(m): 7:08am On Mar 20, 2018
SUBWAY101:
Loudmouthed gala sellers that own imaginary mansions. Even that ugly flat head with yam leg that share a Bq with 12 other gala sellers is claiming mansion owner. Buhahahaha. Wetin person no go hear on nairaland. Lol

Yes ooo,see what gala sellers are building in the east. Why not show us how you have developed Ibadan and Abeokuta with skull mining ?

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Olril18(m): 7:11am On Mar 20, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iamhorny(m): 7:14am On Mar 20, 2018
Olril18:

do you know the definition of crying?
it your people that is crying, while igbos continue on the forward march to the colonisation of no mans land grin

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by tiger28: 7:18am On Mar 20, 2018
FortifiedCity:
5 years ago when I was barely 2 years in Lagos, I was moving about getting acquainted with the environment. There was this particular area of Lagos that I stumbled upon. As at then, it was scarely populated aND had dense vegetation all around. In fact at a point, some youths including me and my friends pass through the bush to play ball right in the middle of that area.

3 years later, that place metamorphosed into one of the most developing beautiful residential areas in Lagos. So I heard!! Just last week, I happened to go there to see if I can get an apartment for myself, the structures I saw there made me cry. Money was literally talking. If you go there and you are not challenged to do better for yourself, then know you're irredeemably poor.

I met a Landlord there and we were gisting. He told me that during their estate monthly Landlord meeting, If they were hundred in number, 90 of them are Igbos, with 10 from different parts of the country.

You know When some people say, Igbos developed Lagos, I wave it aside even though I'm a proud Igbo man but with what I saw yesterday and what I had seen in different parts of the Lagos especially developing areas, that statement has a whole lot of truth in it.

And now to the real gist of the day.

Ambode decided to reap lagos landlords of their money and increased the land use charge to an all time high rate. After a public outcry, he reduced it but it's still high.
Well I have no issues, he can raise it to power 1000 for all I care. All I want Is for him to do something that will make our brothers here to join those already building mansions in the east to do the same.
Suspend all your residential mansions here. Go home and build that mansion. You can live in a rent here or better still, build a zinc house here and do your mansion in east.

I'm saying this without bias or prejudice, the spirit of the Igbo man is the best you can find. To him, everywhere is home. He's very accommodating.

Ambode is showing signs that he's not an accommodating person. In saner climes, government gives you good reliefs just to come and invest in the place but Lagos government sees it as an opportunity to milk people

On a final note, before you build a mansion in a Lagos, make sure you have 3 better ones in the east. Never build a house in Lagos if you don't have in the east. Owerri, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Aba and indeed every nook and cranny of the east is available for you to build a serene and comfortable home.

Charity they say begins at home. East Is your home!!!!
then pls go back to the east and waste more of your time writing about Obiano and the others! Leave Ambode for the Hosts jorr! Awon omo olojukokoro!

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by iamhorny(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2018
tiger28:
then pls go back to the east and waste more of your time writing about Obiano and the others! Leave Ambode for the Hosts jorr! Awon omo olojukokoro!
e pain u sha.....kpele grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

2019: How Ambode Incurred Wrath Of Lagos APC Elders / Hardship: Don’t Join Protest Against Tinubu, Afenifere Begs Yoruba People / Apc’s Attack On Pastor Adeboye, A Demonstration Of Its Devilish Mind-set- PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.