Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos (27109 Views)

Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
mabea:
You know the funny thing about this, people often talk about lagos but the truth is igbos are developing people's lands all across nigeria. Here in calabar many yorubas have spent years here but you hardly see anyone of them with landlord to his name they all go to ibadan to build but it's not so with the igbos here.

This is why I keep saying that igbos are the only true Nigerian in the real sense. Their actions proves it. They rest just do mouth action patriotism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
T9ksy:
But Op, one question that keeps invading my consciousnesswhen i read threads like yours is, "why is it that ibos will go to unimaginable ends (die) just to "develop" their enemies' land than their ancestral land"?

Abi, na curse?
Igbo Land is also developing at an amazing rate.

My only concern is that they forget that home is the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Igbo Land is also developing at an amazing rate.

My only concern is that they forget that home is the best

I totally agree with you. The rate of development and real estate investment happining in the east is impressive

But igbo landlords need to do more for their homeland. Once oil revenues begins to dwindle, so many governments will see them as cash cows and start taxing the the hell out of them.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
adadike:
yes, anywhere in igboland is safe for you except owerri. I don't understand Rochas again.

Every where in the east is safe for investment. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
yes,asaba okpanam area near airport i have buy the land but i'm afraid because i use to read some nairaland news and see some writers who saying that asaba is not part of igbo

Don't ever in your life let yoruba tell you about your own people.

If Asaba is not Igbo then nowhere in igboland is igbo.

We as ndigbo should have gotten past this propaganda but it seem that some of us are yet to get over it.

12 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Bros it's really something of great concern.

But honestly I have only one consolation in all these

What is the consolation? I am just curious
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
horsepower101:

What is the consolation? I am just curious
No matter how tough it is, we'll always have excel. It's a divine gift

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
No matter how tough it is, we'll always have excel. It's a divine gift

I agree with this 100%. No matter what they throw at us, we always overcome. Ndigbo are the most inspiring group I have ever come across.

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by joeyfire(m): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
OP- any Igbo man still pouring money into acquiring landed property in Lagos under APC is not engaging wisdom. ACN was a very wicked party and it's members were notable tribalists before they merged with northerners to form APC. Now they have confidence to showcase their hate. If you are an Igbo man try to have sense and take your wealth home.

We should go back to our old ways when igbo businessmen would have houses in the east but live in a humble apartment in lagos to cut their costs. At most get a long lease, stop bankrolling Tinubu's stealing machine by buying land up and down and paying discriminatory , exorbitant charges

6 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Strikethem: 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
So that you and Ambode will carry your wahala and go there?

I'm not telling you
Bros, keep up with the lies. We are enjoying it. grin

12 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
horsepower101:

Don't ever in your life let yoruba tell you about your own people.

If Asaba is not Igbo then nowhere in igboland is igbo.

We as ndigbo should have gotten past this propaganda but it seem that some of us are yet to get over it.

Everyone knows Asaba is Benin.... shocked...let us focus on our own land pls.

9 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Strikethem:
Bros, keep up with the lies. We are enjoying it. grin
You know I'm telling the truth cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Strikethem: 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
5 years ago when I was barely 2 years in Lagos, I was moving about getting acquainted with the environment. There was this particular area of Lagos that I stumbled upon. As at then, it was scarely populated aND had dense vegetation all around. In fact at a point, some youths including me and my friends pass through the bush to play ball right in the middle of that area.

3 years later, that place metamorphosed into one of the most developing beautiful residential areas in Lagos. So I heard!! Just last week, I happened to go there to see if I can get an apartment for myself, the structures I saw there made me cry. Money was literally talking. If you go there and you are not challenged to do better for yourself, then know you're irredeemably poor.

I met a Landlord there and we were gisting. He told me that during their estate monthly Landlord meeting, If they were hundred in number, 90 of them are Igbos, with 10 from different parts of the country.

You know When some people say, Igbos developed Lagos, I wave it aside even though I'm a proud Igbo man but with what I saw yesterday and what I had seen in different parts of the Lagos especially developing areas, that statement has a whole lot of truth in it.

And now to the real gist of the day.

Ambode decided to reap lagos landlords of their money and increased the land use charge to an all time high rate. After a public outcry, he reduced it but it's still high.
Well I have no issues, he can raise it to power 1000 for all I care. All I want Is for him to do something that will make our brothers here to join those already building mansions in the east to do the same.
Suspend all your residential mansions here. Go home and build that mansion. You can live in a rent here or better still, build a zinc house here and do your mansion in east.

I'm saying this without bias or prejudice, the spirit of the Igbo man is the best you can find. To him, everywhere is home. He's very accommodating.

Ambode is showing signs that he's not an accommodating person. In saner climes, government gives you good reliefs just to come and invest in the place but Lagos government sees it as an opportunity to milk people

On a final note, before you build a mansion in a Lagos, make sure you have 3 better ones in the east. Never build a house in Lagos if you don't have in the east. Owerri, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Aba and indeed every nook and cranny of the east is available for you to build a serene and comfortable home.

Charity they say begins at home. East Is your home!!!!
The place no get name

10 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Strikethem: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
You know I'm telling the truth cheesy
Truth about a place wey no get name cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
ibotic:

Ok we've heard you. Go and report us to oba of Benin to come take back Asaba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Cooly100: 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
ibotic:

Yes, Onitsha is also Benin...So is Enugu, Igala...

Are you now satisfied? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Cooly100: 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2018
Strikethem:
The place no get name

Me self know the place, but no be from my mouth you go hear am...

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:

Yes, Onitsha is also Benin...So is Enugu, Igala...

Are you now satisfied? undecided

Enugu is Igbo
Asaba..Agbor and Onitsha are all Benin
Igala is Igala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
Strikethem:
Truth about a place wey no get name cheesy
I won't say it. Some Ambode agents might be here watching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2018
ibotic:

Enugu is Igbo
Igala is Igala
OK Madam. Your point is noted.

The original owners of Lagos are coming for it soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Cooly100: 7:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
ibotic:

Enugu is Igbo
Igala is Igala

...and Eko, Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Follygunners: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
Y'all should trudge carefully about thinking you're developing Lagos. What kind of development are you making for Christ sake? Building some random houses in some random locations... and you call that development? angry You bunch are too quick to praise urselves unnecessarily sha. undecided

Abeg, carry ur huts waka go ur land jungle. Nobody force una come Lagos anyway. angry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Follygunners:
Y'all should trudge carefully about thinking you're developing Lagos. What kind of development are you making for Christ sake? Building some random houses in some random locations... and you call that development? angry You bunch are too quick to praise urselves unnecessarily sha. undecided

Abeg, carry ur huts waka go ur land jungle. Nobody force una come Lagos anyway. angry
Your inheritance is next to be bought over and developed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Follygunners: 7:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Your inheritance is next to be bought over and developed

We shall see...

It's only a Bastar.d that ignores his own father's land to develop a stranger's land - Chinese Proverb grin grin

This is just the beginning for you all.... till we frustrate and deport all Igbos out of SW 9ja... we shall never rest! grin grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Lajet: 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
yes,asaba okpanam area near airport i have buy the land but i'm afraid because i use to read some nairaland news and see some writers who saying that asaba is not part of igbo

Asaba is 100% Igbo land. Even their king Asagba of Asaba is a proud Igbo man. Forget about Afonja Muslims Propaganda

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Cooly100: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
Follygunners:

We shall see...

It's only a Bastar.d that ignores his own father's land to develop a stranger's land - Chinese Proverb grin grin

This is just the beginning for you all.... till we frustrate and deport all Igbos out of SW 9ja... we shall never rest! grin grin

Igbos are the only real true Nigerians...others, especially you guys are one Nigeria only on eye for the oil and gas in the lower Niger area.
An affluent Igbo man would build a home where he lives most of the time, without considering if that is his region. The Yoruba person will only live in rented apartment or one region structure in other region, but build his home only in his region.

How would Nigeria have been without the gift of an Igboman?

Don't waste your time most of the Igbos have got the message. Real estate in the east has grown by more than 45% than 8 years ago..

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Yoruba4Life: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
Follygunners:

We shall see...

Brother, Tell 'em. Foolish people! grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Cooly100: 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
Yoruba4Life:

Brother, Tell 'em. Foolish people! grin

You are most foolish to think they do less in their region...

Have you wondered how Lekki, Ajah, Surulere, Okota, Festac Satelite town would have been without the Igbos?

E.g., remove the the tall structure from the skyline in this picture...and you can see what I mean...

Igbos are peaceful and God's gift to Nigeria...but you cannot see it..

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Follygunners:

Your tantrum doesn't change the reality on the ground. You can deny it all you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by MetroBaba1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
educhigo:
i'm outside nigeria for getting 7years

My Company Handles Quality Building Projects. If You're Interested, We Can Handle Yours.

#BondConstructionCompany
#CertifiedBuilders

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:

Igbos are the only real true Nigerians...others, especially you guys are one Nigeria only on eye for the oil and gas in the lower Niger area.
An affluent Igbo man would build a home where he lives most of the time, without considering if that is his region. The Yoruba person will only live in rented apartment or one region structure in other region, but build his home only in his region.

How would Nigeria have been without the gift of sn Igboman?

Don't waste your time most of the Igbos have got the message. Real estate in the east has grown by more than 45% than 8 years ago..

The message has gotten home. Most igbos are beginning to invest back home. We have seen the hate they habor for us and so many are going back home to build their future properties.

No sane igbo man believes in one Nigeria. That's why the whole east feels like a construction zone.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Yoruba4Life: 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cooly100:

You are most foolish to think they do less in their region...

Have you wondered how Lekki, Ajah, Surulere, Okota, Festac Satelite town would have been without the Igbos?

E.g., remove the the tall structure from the skyline in this picture...and you can see what I mean...

Igbos are peaceful and God's gift to Nigeria...but you cannot see it..

Again, noise makers and empty vessels from that side of 9ja.

Have you ever wondered how great the SW 9ja would have been without the savages Igbos from the jungle SE 9ja?

At least there's a valid reason why 70% of Igbos run away from that savage dark jungle to come to a civilized SW.

....the same way 9ja pple dey run go yankee and jand.. grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Crack In Pro-Buhari Group As Reps Move To Oust Gbajabiamila - Daily Trust / Reno Omokri: Imo State Became Hopeless After Emeka Ihedioha Was Unjustly Removed / 3 Dead As Unknown Gunmen Attack Police In Enugu (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.