Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,066 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos (27115 Views)

Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Like I said earlier, it appears you are strongly averse to the truth. sad And you love jumping from pillar to post, citing unrelated examples as an excuse to digress from the topic, and twist the subject. How did this topic suddenly turn round to focus upon "the number of luxury ferraris and lamborghinis i have seen, i cant count the number of young comfortable millionaires under 40 in lagos or is it the corporate managerial class in lagos or the businessmen building wonderful structures across lagos...??" Who asked you? shocked You like to major in the unimportant, and elevate irrational points into highly elevated works.

The reason why immigrants founded America, Australia etc are wide and multi-faceted. undecided So by flinging them around on this thread, it shows you are just digressing in a bid to confuse the relevant issues.

Who is asking Igbos not to go to Port-harcourt, Calabar, Uyo, Warri, Benin, kano, kaduna?? Why are you just ranting out of context? shocked Why are you so pained??

And sorry to disappoint you, Onne port is highly functional. Those articles you cited are totally outdated.

Finally you claimed: "You are clearly biased and you are desperately trying to paint igbo migration to lagos as a form of desperate refugee movement but you see nothing wrong with Yoruba, Edo and other tribes migration. Yet you still stubbornly want to paint the SE as poor and later you will claim you are not biased...."

Your allegations are downright pathetic. sad So by clearly expressing a view founded on facts, you claim I am biased? So you want me to quarrel with the Yoruba and Edo, in a bid to please you? Didn't I say it earlier that your attitude is typical of the way your people behave, when others do not share their point of view?

You get rattled, lash out at them, call them uncomplimentary names, and accuse them of hating the Igbo. Why am I not surprised by your rants? undecided

Are you this dull or what ?

Cant you relate my statement on luxury cars to the fact that there is a thriving upper class in lagos that is highly prosperous. Or do you want me to count the luxury cars i have seen. For the fact that you cant even see the relationship btw that statement and prosperity in lagos just shows that you are thinking in a purely robotic manner.

Should i break this thing down for you into tiny bits? I really dont understand. If you are asking why i am pained, its because i have to deal with intellectually dishonest people like you who know exactly what am talking about but want to shove their half baked theories down others throat.
The summary of the luxury cars statement just shows that poverty can exist side by side in any city or political entity. A very simple concept which you refuse to accept now because it doesnt suit the desired goal you want to prove.

The migration to australia and usa was as a result of multi faceted reasons which even helps disprove your horrible logic that states that
" massive migration shouldnt occur with economic prosperity".

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
Am sorry to say but you are clearly a liar. And you know what pathological liars do? They pin it others and even start believing their lies.

You asked a question about why people migrate out of the east to lagos and i simply tried to show you that the answer is not far from you.

You kept on bringing old stereotypes that have been over flogged on NL of how igbos just rush to lagos with no means of survival and tried to simplify the reason for that. For you igbo migration is as a result of lack of economic prosperity and viability in the SE but migration from kano, edo and ogun state is more complex i guess.

If i call you biased you will say am making an assumption.

So you realize there are several reasons why people from Kano and Rivers migrate to lagos and you dont want to attribute it to lack in their own case but for igbos it must be lack and poverty in the SE. Because your initial question of why igbos migrate when there is prosperity in the SE makes the assumption that if prosperity exists somewhere then outward migration to areas of more prosperity shouldnt exist.

I have used examples of chinese and indian migration to show that you cant paint a whole place black because there is actually a better place but you are still adamant and you even call it a poorly linked analogy. I gave you examples of people being unemployed in lagos and even seeking greener pastures abroad as proof that even when there is prosperity somewhere it still cant get to every single person but you are still purposely ignoring it and calling it a poorly linked analogy. Something that doesnt take a five year old 5 minutes to understand and correlate.

I have tried to be civil with you but you are no different from the other uncouth afonjas on this thread and on NL who go about yapping IPOB yoots and Igbos and yeasterners, you just try to be more civil and calm but i see the stubborness behind all that and most importantly i see that your ideology and political view of the igbos is as crass, parochial, hateful, myopic and tribalistic as any other anti-igbo person on NL.

For petes sake, i have read your posts on various threads and your single agenda on NL seems to be to paint igbos and all their experiences in a negative light. Why am i even bothering with you as if i can reach a conclusion.

You even ignored the links i sent to you to show why apapa is more active than Onne and calabar port. Why wont you ignore it when its sweeter to believe that igbos are purposely ignoring sth in their backyard and being architects of their own misfortune. If you had read those links then there would be no need to even argue about why lagos should always receive more migration from the federation as a whole

You love your lies and your belief and you hold it dear to you so please keep it close to your heart cause am not even trying to make you see your error again, when lies have built ones sense of identity and self righteousness then they may serve a purpose in that persons life, a purpose which i wont want to thwart.

Well done.

Am done with this debate.

You are clearly upset and hysterical. sad That is why you are now ranting and throwing tantrums. Try not to kill yahself over this matter, o! shocked Anyway, by using the words pathological liar, it shows that lying is clearly is one of your qualities, that is why you can fling such words around with reckless abandon.

I will not trade insults with you or engage in name calling with you. So let me leave the floor for you....!

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Like I said earlier, it appears you are strongly averse to the truth. sad And you love jumping from pillar to post, citing unrelated examples as an excuse to digress from the topic, and twist the subject. How did this topic suddenly turn round to focus upon "the number of luxury ferraris and lamborghinis i have seen, i cant count the number of young comfortable millionaires under 40 in lagos or is it the corporate managerial class in lagos or the businessmen building wonderful structures across lagos...??" Who asked you? shocked You like to major in the unimportant, and elevate irrational points into highly elevated works.

The reason why immigrants founded America, Australia etc are wide and multi-faceted. undecided So by flinging them around on this thread, it shows you are just digressing in a bid to confuse the relevant issues.

Who is asking Igbos not to go to Port-harcourt, Calabar, Uyo, Warri, Benin, kano, kaduna?? Why are you just ranting out of context? shocked Why are you so pained??

And sorry to disappoint you, Onne port is highly functional. Those articles you cited are totally outdated.

Finally you claimed: "You are clearly biased and you are desperately trying to paint igbo migration to lagos as a form of desperate refugee movement but you see nothing wrong with Yoruba, Edo and other tribes migration. Yet you still stubbornly want to paint the SE as poor and later you will claim you are not biased...."

Your allegations are downright pathetic. sad So by clearly expressing a view founded on facts, you claim I am biased? So you want me to quarrel with the Yoruba and Edo, in a bid to please you? Didn't I say it earlier that your attitude is typical of the way your people behave, when others do not share their point of view?

You get rattled, lash out at them, call them uncomplimentary names, and accuse them of hating the Igbo. Why am I not surprised by your rants? undecided

Am so happy you posted that link about onne port.

What does the article say?

Didnt you read where she said the investments in it would make it a major hub for market activities in the SE?

Are you not seeing that the FG is now trying to shift the balance from Apapa to the SS.
When was the article released? Was it not yesterday?

When were the to-do dates of the major reforms to be done on the port, is it not this year and even still ongoing.

So Onne getting a facelift and a revamp now means that it should have been as good and reliable as Apapa all this while.

Let the FG complete it, let Ibaka seaport and calabar seaports dredging and expansion be completed and see if the migratory patterns of the igbo wont follow the same route.

The article just buried your point. With your hand you have shown that the port was not operating on the level of Apapa due to FGs neglect and now the FG wants to correct that. the article is even a confirmation of all the links i sent earlier. As you said the links were outdated as they showed the as-is but your article shows the to-be.

If you are asking why am pained, i will tell you.

I am pained because i am clearly arguing with a tribal bigot who is trying to cloak it with calmness and sophistry.

Guy i have read your posts on other threads and i am 100% correct if i say that you hate igbos.

You talk about attitudes we show when we are shown facts but you forget to see that my attitude towards you is clearly justified owing to the fact that am an avid reader of NL politics section and i know the active posters and their viewpoints ranging from the hateful to the neutral.

There is no reason on earth why i should even be civil with you, am just doing it so others will read and debunk all the nonsense myths you guys continually push here.

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
Am so happy you posted that link about onne port.

What does the article say?

Didnt you read where she said the investments in it would make it a major hub for market activities in the SE?

Are you not seeing that the FG is now trying to shift the balance from Apapa to the SS.
When was the article released? Was it not yesterday?

When were the to-do dates of the major reforms to be done on the port, is it not this year and even still ongoing.

So Onne getting a facelift and a revamp now means that it should have been as good and reliable as Apapa all this while.

Let the FG complete it, let Ibaka seaport and calabar seaports dredging and expansion be completed and see if the migratory patterns of the igbo wont follow the same route.

The article just buried your point. With your hand you have shown that the port was not operating on the level of Apapa due to FGs neglect and now the FG wants to correct that. the article is even a confirmation of all the links i sent earlier. As you said the links were outdated as they showed the as-is but your article shows the to-be.

If you are asking why am pained, i will tell you.

I am pained because i am clearly arguing with a tribal bigot who is trying to cloak it with calmness and sophistry.

Guy i have read your posts on other threads and i am 100% correct if i say that you hate igbos.

You talk about attitudes we show when we are shown facts but you forget to see that my attitude towards you is clearly justified owing to the fact that am an avid reader of NL politics section and i know the active posters and their viewpoints ranging from the hateful to the neutral.

There is no reason on earth why i should even be civil with you, am just doing it so others will read and debunk all the nonsense myths you guys continually push here.

Your problem is that you cannot be bothered to do research or read comprehensively. There are several articles about Onne port on the internet, and I have various colleagues whose organisations transact business daily at Onne port. In fact, my former clients are still based at Onne port and that area is well known. And the article I cited in my previous post, merely buttressed my point and expantiated it. If Onne port was not functional like you initially claimed, would the govt be thinking of making it a hub? Apapa port in Lagos is not even a hub, for West Africa.

You are upset and hysterical, because the myopic perspective you have been trying to paint about your people, is not gaining traction. sad Now, because I did not buy into your flawed perspective, you started ranting about 'hating Igbos." Very funny! cheesy Such juvenile drivel should not be coming from the keyboard of a man like you.

But I am not surprised, because that is how you and your people stoop so low, when others fail to buy into their viewpoint. i will not stoop to your level by engaging in name-calling. Insults are becoming your trademark, so you can indulge in them to your heart's content.

At least you have now accepted that Onne sea port is functional, which was a far cry from what you said before.

Eastern ports are safe for business, says Customs | November 5, 2017 |

05 November 2017, Sweetcrude, Port Harcourt – The Comptroller of Customs, Port Harcourt Area II Comand, Onne, Mr. Bashir Abubakar, has assured that seaports in the eastern part of the country are safe for business....

He hinted that such was the idea of the Comptroller-General of Customs, Co.l Hameed Ali (Rtd), saying that he would only key into the project.

According to him, Ali has the interest of port users in the country at heart and would not watch anyone to destroy his vision.

He added that inspection of cargo and other practices at the ports were in line with the best international practice based on the Comptroller-General’s directives on ease of doing business.

“Seaports in the eastern part of the country are safe for all kinds of business.

“Importers and other port users from this area who used other ports are not fair to themselves.

“Importing goods through other countries like Cotonou, is against the spirit of patriotism, because all eastern ports including that of Warri in Delta State are safer for business, quality vessels berths here.”

The Onne Customs boss also said plans have reached advanced stage towards making the eastern ports huge revenue pining points among the seaports in the Federation.

He said the plans were in consonance with the Comptroller-General of Customs’ plans to adopt international best practices in doing business in the country’s seaports. http://sweetcrudereports.com/2017/11/05/eastern-ports-safe-business-says-customs/

2018: Onne Port Customs Targets N117.8bn Revenue | By The Tide - March 23, 2018 |

The Nigerian Custom Service Onne in Rivers State says, it is targeting N117.8billion as revenue for 2018 from onne seaport alone in the country
The Customs Area Controller, Compt Abnbakar Bashir, made this known in a chat with newsmen at onne in Rivers State.

He said, so far the command has generated N11.4billion into the Federated Account between the month of January to date and that the command has resolved to improve on its revenue generation to meet up its target before the your runs out. Abubakar reiterated the command’s readiness to end all illegal activities Onne port.

He said the command has already introduced several disputes resolvotion medemisms to create synergies with all relevant stakeholders to facilitate trade at the port.

He also said that the command has embarked on series of training for officers and other stakeholders on IT compliance to improve the modern custom procedures, security and threat at the Port.

The controller said several prohibited goods were seized at the port in line with the 3-point agenda of the Nigerian Customs Service, saying that Onne Port was among the few sea ports rated as crime-no-go- area zone in the country.

Abubakar who restated his commitment to ensure that Onne seaport is rated as the best sea port in Nigeria, urged all stakeholders and relevant authorities to support the command in order to create an enabling environment for economic improvement in the state and the country in general .http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2018/03/23/2018-onne-port-customs-targets-n117-8bn-revenue/

Finally, you said you are an avid reader of NL politics section. Ok, how many of my posts have you read on NL? And in how many of them did I say that I hated Igbos? Tell everyone....

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
Are you this dull or what ?

Cant you relate my statement on luxury cars to the fact that there is a thriving upper class in lagos that is highly prosperous. Or do you want me to count the luxury cars i have seen. For the fact that you cant even see the relationship btw that statement and prosperity in lagos just shows that you are thinking in a purely robotic manner.

Should i break this thing down for you into tiny bits? I really dont understand. If you are asking why i am pained, its because i have to deal with intellectually dishonest people like you who know exactly what am talking about but want to shove their half baked theories down others throat.
The summary of the luxury cars statement just shows that poverty can exist side by side in any city or political entity. A very simple concept which you refuse to accept now because it doesnt suit the desired goal you want to prove.

The migration to australia and usa was as a result of multi faceted reasons which even helps disprove your horrible logic that states that
" massive migration shouldnt occur with economic prosperity".

Didn't I say you should not derail this thread by digressing and citing irrelevant examples, unrelated to the subject at hand? Stick to the topic, or kindly leave. undecided And try and keep your pain in your pocket, biko. No one is interested in your rants and insults....

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by horsepower101: 6:19pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:

Am sorry to say but you are clearly a liar. And you know what pathological liars do? They pin it others and even start believing their lies.

You asked a question about why people migrate out of the east to lagos and i simply tried to show you that the answer is not far from you.

You kept on bringing old stereotypes that have been over flogged on NL of how igbos just rush to lagos with no means of survival and tried to simplify the reason for that. For you igbo migration is as a result of lack of economic prosperity and viability in the SE but migration from kano, edo and ogun state is more complex i guess.

If i call you biased you will say am making an assumption.

So you realize there are several reasons why people from Kano and Rivers migrate to lagos and you dont want to attribute it to lack in their own case but for igbos it must be lack and poverty in the SE. Because your initial question of why igbos migrate when there is prosperity in the SE makes the assumption that if prosperity exists somewhere then outward migration to areas of more prosperity shouldnt exist.

I have used examples of chinese and indian migration to show that you cant paint a whole place black because there is actually a better place but you are still adamant and you even call it a poorly linked analogy. I gave you examples of people being unemployed in lagos and even seeking greener pastures abroad as proof that even when there is prosperity somewhere it still cant get to every single person but you are still purposely ignoring it and calling it a poorly linked analogy. Something that doesnt take a five year old 5 minutes to understand and correlate.

I have tried to be civil with you but you are no different from the other uncouth afonjas on this thread and on NL who go about yapping IPOB yoots and Igbos and yeasterners, you just try to be more civil and calm but i see the stubborness behind all that and most importantly i see that your ideology and political view of the igbos is as crass, parochial, hateful, myopic and tribalistic as any other anti-igbo person on NL.

For petes sake, i have read your posts on various threads and your single agenda on NL seems to be to paint igbos and all their experiences in a negative light. Why am i even bothering with you as if i can reach a conclusion.

You even ignored the links i sent to you to show why apapa is more active than Onne and calabar port. Why wont you ignore it when its sweeter to believe that igbos are purposely ignoring sth in their backyard and being architects of their own misfortune. If you had read those links then there would be no need to even argue about why lagos should always receive more migration from the federation as a whole

You love your lies and your belief and you hold it dear to you so please keep it close to your heart cause am not even trying to make you see your error again, when lies have built ones sense of identity and self righteousness then they may serve a purpose in that persons life, a purpose which i wont want to thwart.

Well done.

Just don't bother explaining to him. His myopic anti-Igbo mind has been made up.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Your problem is that you cannot be bothered to do research or read comprehensively. There are several articles about Onne port on the internet, and I have various colleagues whose organisations transact business daily at Onne port. In fact, my former clients are still based at Onne port and that area is well known.

You are upset and hysterical, because the myopic perspective you have been trying to paint about your people, is not gaining traction. sad Now, because I did not buy into your flawed perspective, you started ranting about 'hating Igbos." Very funny! cheesy Such juvenile drivel should not be coming from the keyboard of a man like you.

But I am not surprised, because that is how you and your people stoop so low, when others fail to buy into their viewpoint. i will not stoop to your level by engaging in name-calling. Insults are becoming your trademark, so you can indulge in them to your heart's content.

At least you have now accepted that Onne sea port is functional, which was a far cry from what you said before.

Finally, you said you are an avid reader of NL politics section. Ok, how many of my posts have you read on NL? And in how many of them did I say that I hated Igbos? Tell everyone....

Tell me where i ever said that those ports werent used.

I always called Apapa port the largest and most reliable port not the ONLY port. I never called apapa the only port.

Dont tell me abt your friend in Onne port. I also have friends working in Intels Ltd who work at Onne. So i have more info abt those ports than you do.

Does the article ever state that Onne was ever more reliable than Apapa. Is it not now that customs and FG are trying to market and invest greatly while encouraging people to utilize it.

In case you dont know, igbos still utilize it and most importantly, there are igbos in Onne because of the port activity and also igbos in PH and calabar. So what exactly are you driving at with this port issue.

You claimed igbos are just trooping to lagos after it being FCT while there are other ports. So should igbos use apapa without using Onne or vice versa?

Are they not free to use all? So what are you yapping about, igbos are in those towns but there are clearly far more investment attractions in lagos for just one city thats why more people troop over there. Is that simple logic hard for you to understand.

Guy i dont have time to waste with you again. Enjoy your bias and bubble.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
horsepower101:

Just don't bother explaining to him. His myopic anti-Igbo mind has been made up.

Dont mind the human being.

See him yapping about why we arent using calabar and onne sea ports. Who told him we dont use them? and who told him igbos are not in droves in those regions?

He keeps denying he is yoruba but from his political views and statements and even level of exposure, his ethnicity and bias is clear for everyone to see.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
Tell me where i ever said that those ports werent used.

I always called Apapa port the largest and most reliable port not the ONLY port. I never called apapa the only port.

Dont tell me abt your friend in Onne port. I also have friends working in Intels Ltd who work at Onne. So i have more info abt those ports than you do.

Does the article ever state that Onne was ever more reliable than Apapa. Is it not now that customs and FG are trying to market and invest greatly while encouraging people to utilize it.

In case you dont know, igbos still utilize it and most importantly, there are igbos in Onne because of the port activity and also igbos in PH and calabar. So what exactly are you driving at with this port issue.

You claimed igbos are just trooping to lagos after it being FCT while there are other ports. So should igbos use apapa without using Onne or vice versa?

Are they not free to use all? So what are you yapping about, igbos are in those towns but there are clearly far more investment attractions in lagos for just one city thats why more people troop over there. Is that simple logic hard for you to understand.

Guy i dont have time to waste with you again. Enjoy your bias and bubble.

You don't have time to waste with me, yet you jump up every second to quote my posts, and indulge in name calling and insults? shocked Very funny. cheesy

You earlier said : "lagos was more than just an FCT. It had and still has our biggest and most functional sea port and airport,...."

Then you made another post claiming that Onne "port was not operating on the level of Apapa due to FGs neglect and now the FG wants to correct that."

You even posted links from 3 different articles to support your point, about how poorly Onne functioned in your view. I had to cite an article to show you that Onne was in fact bigger in size than Apapa, and also had capacity to handle large shipping volumes, which is what has led the federal government/NPA to upgrade the port and increase its handling facilities. Now, if you want to split hairs further and engage in petty name calling, you are free to do so. Continue with your rants.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
Dont mind the human being.

See him yapping about why we arent using calabar and onne sea ports. Who told him we dont use them? and who told him igbos are not in droves in those regions?

He keeps denying he is yoruba but from his political views and statements and even level of exposure, his ethnicity and bias is clear for everyone to see.

You keep proving my assertions, right. sad Didn't I tell you earlier, that you and your people are quick to insult others who do not share your views? You either label them Afonja, or accuse them of hating Igbos, or allege that they suffer from Igbophobia. So far, you have not disappointed me. You have done almost all the above, even after I categorically told you in an earlier post that I do not come from the Southwest. How pathetic. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by totit: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

You keep proving my assertions, right. sad Didn't I tell you earlier, that you and your people are quick to insult others who do not share your views? You either label them Afonja, or accuse them of hating Igbos, or allege that they suffer from Igbophobia. So far, you have not disappointed me. You have done almost all the above, even after I categorically told you in an earlier post that I do not come from the Southwest. How pathetic. undecided

grin

I did enjoy your vast knowledge and how you carefully analyzed your points without resorting to insults nor name calling, and at the same time crushed him with facts.

Bravo!

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

The same way your darling yorubas insult everyone on this forum that doesnt agree with them and on every other social media platform

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

You don't have time to waste with me, yet you jump up every second to quote my posts, and indulge in name calling and insults? shocked Very funny. cheesy

You earlier said : "lagos was more than just an FCT. It had and still has our biggest and most functional sea port and airport,...."

Then you made another post claiming that Onne "port was not operating on the level of Apapa due to FGs neglect and now the FG wants to correct that."

You even posted links from 3 different articles to support your point, about how poorly Onne functioned in your view. I had to cite an article to show you that Onne was in fact bigger in size than Apapa, and also had capacity to handle large shipping volumes, which is what has led the federal government/NPA to upgrade the port and increase its handling facilities. Now, if you want to split hairs further and engage in petty name calling, you are free to do so. Continue with your rants.... undecided

There is nothing i wont see here. So if you are asked why apapa has more traffic than Onne, you would say its simply preference of importers.

Do you know Onne port wasnt a multipurpose port before?

Do you know it was fully concessioned to Intel?

Do you know that the charges in Onne Port are much more expensive? and who do you thank for that, the importers i guess grin grin

The article you cited from the nation clearly showed the FGs plans for the port.

The article clearly stated that the MD of NPA clearly wanted to reposition the port as a hub of trade in west africa and you are still arguing.

Do you know that calabar port is one of the only ports in the world to be located on the convex side of a channel thereby causing silt deposition and needing constant dredging?

Am sure you dont care to know. you just copied an article from the nation and as far as you are concerned, Onne was always as good as apapa and calabar could also handle apapa's traffic.

Dont worry very soon, Onne would be fully functional and attract more ships, Ibaka is coming on board in a few years time. Cross river state government is dredging calabar seaport and you will see the impact on it on the local economy of those states.

As for the argument of why apapa port has more vessel traffic, please kindly open a topic for it and see your views get debunked. The thread has totally derailed and died.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Lot13(m): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Well done!!! You impressed me.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by SUBWAY101(m): 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Nice one bro, Respect for you.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 11:17pm On Mar 24, 2018
LiberaDeus:
There is nothing i wont see here. So if you are asked why apapa has more traffic than Onne, you would say its simply preference of importers.

Do you know Onne port wasnt a multipurpose port before?

Do you know it was fully concessioned to Intel?

Do you know that the charges in Onne Port are much more expensive? and who do you thank for that, the importers i guess grin grin

The article you cited from the nation clearly showed the FGs plans for the port.

The article clearly stated that the MD of NPA clearly wanted to reposition the port as a hub of trade in west africa and you are still arguing.

Do you know that calabar port is one of the only ports in the world to be located on the convex side of a channel thereby causing silt deposition and needing constant dredging?

Am sure you dont care to know. you just copied an article from the nation and as far as you are concerned, Onne was always as good as apapa and calabar could also handle apapa's traffic.

Dont worry very soon, Onne would be fully functional and attract more ships, Ibaka is coming on board in a few years time. Cross river state government is dredging calabar seaport and you will see the impact on it on the local economy of those states.

As for the argument of why apapa port has more vessel traffic, please kindly open a topic for it and see your views get debunked. The thread has totally derailed and died.

You claim if I was asked "why apapa has more traffic than Onne, you would say its simply preference of importers." Definitely! sad It is a preference of the importers. Afterall, Onne sea port is functional and it makes money for federal govt. How does it earn revenue? From the importers and exporters that use it. The same Onne port in just 3 months has already generated N11.4 billion naira into the federation account, and is expected to generate about N117.8 billion as revenue for 2018. undecided

So, if some importers and exporters are using Onne, and others are not, then it would be right to conclude that it is a matter of preference, isn't it? Does the fact that Onne was concessioned to Intels, mean that different importers and exporters cannot use the port? Hasn't Intels contract been terminated?

Shipping traffic at a sea port is dependent upon usage, and how often importers and exporters consign their shipment to such a specific port. So if importers from your region keep consigning their goods to Apapa port, instead of Onne, how is that the fault of Apapa port, or how is it the fault of Lagos that hosts the port? shocked If the NPA wants to reposition Onne as a hub for West Africa, isn't that a good sign? You should be happy. Afterall, even Apapa port is not a hub for West Africa, yet.

Several threads have been opened about Apapa port, so just do a content analysis on NL, and see the viewpoints of different people. Those who complain about Onne seaport have never even used it before, yet they are the ones that make the greatest noise against it. undecided

As for Calabar sea port, you are the one that keeps bringing it up. I am not bothered about Calabar sea port, because its shallow draft is a well known problem. sad

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 11:48am On Mar 25, 2018
aminulive:
@POLITICSNGR

The Chairman of Zenith Bank Plc, Jim Ovia, in a new video, has recounted fond memories of arriving Lagos as a university graduate, and leveraging on the numerous opportunities offered by the Centre of Excellence to establish Zenith bank, which has grown to become one of Africa’s biggest global financial institutions.

Describing his experience in Lagos as “very interesting”, Ovia recounted the story of a city that has provided business and entertainment opportunities in equal measure, enabling upwardly mobile young men and women to pursue their dreams, innovate, transform and achieve beyond their imaginations.

He said, “Lagos has been a very interesting experience for most people who’d come to Lagos over a number of years… people like us – members of my age group and peer group – that had the opportunity to come to Lagos and work, and also transform a number of things.

Ovia added, “As far back as in the early ‘70s, I used to work at Barclays Bank, the good old days of Barclays Bank, which transformed to become Union Bank.

“I used to be a clerical officer at the Ikeja (Oba Akran Avenue) branch and it was very interesting how we used to take the LMTS buses – you remember the LMTS buses of those days. Yes, truly, truly so. We grew up under this kind of situation where things were well-organised and things are still very well-organized today. That was when Lagos used to bubble, but not anywhere near as it is today.”

He recalled that most university graduates in the early ‘70s thought of Lagos as the land where every dream was realisable, and one could have fun while achieving the dream, whatever it was.

“After university education, we thought Lagos was the only place where you could come and work, and also enjoy social life,” he noted. “So, we continued in the Lagos that we’d known because we called ourselves Lagos boys. (I) did my NYSC at Union Bank at 131 Broad Street. Remember Broad Street is the equivalent of Wall Street of New York. And we all know (what) Wall Street had become over a number of years – all the most multinationals as well as the large financial institutions were at Wall Street at that point in time.

Then from after the NYSC, I started working for First National Bank of Chicago. We used to call it IMB – International Merchant Bank. And from then on, because Lagos provides very interesting opportunities, we all had opportunities to combine resources and have what we call Zenith Bank, at Ajose Adeogun (Victoria Island).

We built it, maintained it, lit it up and today it is one of the most lit-up streets in Nigeria.

According to him, the urge to beautify and add to the allure of Lagos led the bank to provide, on a yearly basis, one-of-a-kind Christmas decorations and lights around its headquarters in Ajose Adeogun Street for the viewing pleasure of children on vacation.

“We do that every year for the fun of it as a way of saying thank you to Lagos,” he said, “As we could see at the penthouse of the Civic Centre Towers, we can overlook how beautiful Lagos is, overlooking the Falomo Bridge and the beautiful Lagoon, the Number 5 Cowry, and all the beautiful structures above. Of course, the ever busy Lekki Concession Road, which is also the continuation of Ozumba Mbadiwe Street.

He recounted how every young men and women of the time considered a regular visit to Fela Anikulapo-Kuti’s African Shrine in Ikeja as an essential ingredient of Lagos life.

“We remember in those good old days, Fela Ransome-Kuti, the Afrobeat King. We all used to go to Fela Ransome-Kuti’s and relax. And of course such music as Shakara Oloje was our favourite. Fela was just number one then. We couldn’t go anywhere else then but Fela’s African Shrine. We remember the African Shrine and that was a lot of fun for us.”

According to him, one could never truly claim to live in Lagos without visiting the Bar Beach, on the Lagos Atlantic coastline.

“And of course Bar Beach. We used to go to Bar Beach in those good old days. Going to Bar Beach was like fun. You go there to watch the water, the waves,” he said.

“What else is there to do in Lagos? Quite a number of things, a number of activities: Lagos is always very welcoming, very relaxing.

“Other than the hustle, bustle, business activities and the profit you make, there are many places where you can spend those profits also.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7o2CeN04XE

https://politicsngr.com/zenith-bank-chairman-tells-incredible-lagos-success-story/
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 29, 2018
This thread sweat me die
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 29, 2018
biafranation:
This thread sweat me die
grin Wetin make am sweet you

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

APC Hails Oshiomhole For Leading Party To Victory In Ekiti / Armed Bandits Take Over 8 LGAs In Katsina / Women Storm Aba In Support Of Ikpeazu, Lampoon Anti-Governor Protesters (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.