Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! (1781 Views)

Will You Do This To Your Partner? Check Pictures / Once You Say You Love Me, You Already Owe Me Money - Nigerian Ladies Clash / Lady Explains Why It's Wrong For Pastor To Say 'you May Now Kiss The Bride' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
It’s true that no relationship can exist without trust. This holds especially true when it comes to romantic partnerships because long-term commitment means being completely open, honest and vulnerable with your S.O. and expecting the same in return.

Can you say you trust your partner? If you do any of these things, probably not.

YOU SNOOP THROUGH THEIR PHONE.

Your S.O. leaves their phone unattended next to you when it starts blinking, indicating they’ve received a new message. You stare at it, curious about who’s texting them and why, and decide that taking a peek through their texts just to see what’s up isn’t a big deal, right? Wrong. The minute you go through your partner’s phone and poke around their personal conversations is the minute you violate their trust. More than that, you violate their boundaries and right to have space, friends, and conversations outside of your relationship. Bad idea.

YOU STALK THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Checking up on your partner’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat accounts every day is far from a healthy habit. Feeling the need to compulsively monitor their online presence means you think there’s someone or something to worry about. You might even go off the rails every time you see that a mysterious, attractive friend likes or comments on their pictures. If you don’t trust your partner enough to be online then you seriously need to consider whether or not you trust them enough to stay together.

YOU’RE UNWILLING TO FORGIVE.

When someone wrongs you, it’s the hardest thing in the world to fully move on. Past hurts can easily shade your perception of someone for a long time, but this doubt has no place in a relationship. If your boyfriend or girlfriend is brave enough to apologize then you need to find the strength to forgive. Giving your partner a second chance grants you both the opportunity to learn from past mistakes and move forward with renewed strength. If, however, you live in fear of being hurt again then you’ll never trust that they have your best interest at heart.

YOU DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE THEY ARE 24/7.

If the thought of not being able to locate your partner every minute of every day gives you anxiety, something is seriously up. Requesting constant updates on your boyfriend or girlfriend’s whereabouts is not only untrusting, it’s controlling. Your S.O. has a rich, full life on their own. Insisting they report where they are, what they’re doing, and who they’re with at all times means you’re trying to moderate their alone time. Loving someone means trusting their loyalty, honesty, and faithfulness whether you’re together or not.

YOU TRY TO CHOOSE THEIR FRIENDS.

Life would be so much simpler if you could guarantee that you’d like all of your partner’s friends. Unfortunately, that’s not how the world works. The fact is, who your S.O. chooses to hang out with is their decision and theirs alone. Maybe you don’t like their BFF, think their college friends are a bad influence, or just can’t stand that one pal from childhood. None of this, however, is their problem—it’s yours. Regardless of how you feel about your partner’s squad, it’s never appropriate to tell them who they can and can’t be friends with. Editing their friend group means you question their judgment and don’t trust them to select healthy friendships on their own.

YOU REGULARLY GIVE THEM THE THIRD DEGREE.

Where were you? Who were you with? What did you do? How long were you out? Asking this barrage of questions every time your S.O. ventures off on their own doesn’t make you a curious, attentive partner—it makes you a suspicious interrogator. Pressing someone for details means you think they have something to hide. If you believe your boyfriend or girlfriend isn’t keeping anything from you then you’ll be satisfied with however much, or little, they choose to share. Real trust doesn’t mean giving your partner a long leash—it means not having a leash at all.

YOU HAVE OTHERS CONFIRM THEIR STORY.

You should never feel the urge to use friends as allies in keeping an eye on your S.O. If your partner tells you they were out at a bar all night, that should be enough. If you need a second party to verify their whereabouts or back up their story then you clearly think there’s something fishy going on. Asking a friend what “really” happened while your partner was out may seem like you’re just posing an innocent question, but it’s actually proof that you’re not as trusting as you think.

YOU MAKE UNFOUNDED ACCUSATIONS.

Being in a trusting relationship means giving your S.O. the benefit of the doubt. As hard as this might be sometimes, you should always have your partner’s back. If you start just assuming they did something wrong—or worse, start making blatant accusations—then you’ve lost the basic foundation of trust. You should believe your partner would never purposely do something to betray you. You should be able to have a healthy discussion if you’re feeling uncertain instead of jumping to negative conclusions.

YOU NEVER LET THEM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT.

Alone time is a key element of any strong relationship. Expecting to be at your partner’s side 24/7 is a sure way to erode their sense of self. You shouldn’t need to be with your S.O. every second to feel secure in your relationship. Everyone needs breathing room to flex their independence. Clinginess isn’t a sign of closeness, it’s a red flag that you think your partner can’t be trusted on their own. You shouldn’t be babysitting your bae. You should be supportive and encouraging of their individual interests whether or not you’re involved.

#hater's gonna bite my ass #gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by izaray(f): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2018
Martin go and get married if you so wish, this ur relationship/marriage advise thingy is becoming too much biko angry

3 Likes

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:
Martin go and get married if you so wish, this ur relationship/marriage advise thingy is becoming too much biko angry
grin I no fit laugh
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by BabbanBura(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:

hook hin up now.

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by izaray(f): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Asowari:
grin I no fit laugh
My dear, d tin don tire me I swear grin
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by izaray(f): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
BabbanBura:

hook hin up now.
Ah!! That won't gonna work out. Martin0 is following about 300 girls already na, can't coman kill myself biko tongue
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
I cant relate
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:
Ah!! That won't gonna work out. Martin0 is following about 300 girls already na, can't coman kill myself biko tongue

I know what you are capable of so I can't strike backgrin
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:

u dey try me ooogrin nor worry Na biacan go handle you for megrin
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by biacan(f): 6:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Martin0:

Martin waiting happen wink

But she's saying the truth lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by izaray(f): 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2018
biacan:

Biacan l'm glad u are here now cheesy
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by izaray(f): 6:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
Martin0:

You say watin

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by ImaIma1(f): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
I am good since i don't do any
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Joislim(f): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Martin0:

see how you derailed your own thread.... you sef

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:
You say watin
I don tell u my owngrin #bite my ass#
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
biacan:

ur friend just dey tease me here ooogrin

OK no wahala thengrin
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Martin0(m): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Joislim:
see how you derailed your own thread.... you sef

eh OK enjoy the fun babygrin

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by biacan(f): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2018
izaray:
Biacan l'm glad u are here now cheesy
You know I'll always gat your back no matter what wink Don't mind Martin e has now join badgang cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by Cutehector(m): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
biacan:
You know I'll always gat your back no matter what wink Don't mind Martin e has now join badgang cheesy
cry
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by biacan(f): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Cutehector:
cry
Read the chat I'm not cheating cool
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by lenghtinny(m): 6:19am On Mar 22, 2018
Nigga you are not wise....
Relationship these days is based on fun, not trust.

To love someone is one thing, but to trust is a different ball game entirely.

Why do you think people say " love your neighbor as yourself" yet still says " trust nobody" angry
Re: Can You Say You Trust Your Partner? Check It Out Here! by GOFRONT(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2018
Even if i can trust my girl, I cant trust the devil

(1) (Reply)

How I Have Sex And Date While In My Parent’s House / Seven (7) Reasons To Start Taking Cannabis (weed) Tea. [photos] / Who Is This Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.