Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? (4290 Views)

'you're Too Young For This' — Little Emanuella Whines Waist In Skintight Dress / Was I Too Fast In Defining The Relationship? / Am I Too Ugly Not Too Have A Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by GeeString: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
DWJOBScom:

It go also mean she wants to travel , mingle without limitation and yes have some fun which might include your getting laid

Marriage will stop her from travelling?

Lol
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=purem post=66041612]@MissRaine69 when it comes to female

Dream, goals, aspirations, aims, burning desires etc are all but having someone that can put them in an apartment and provided three square meals for them and give them some change for makeups

LOBATAN

That's all they long for undecided
[/quote
If I was not intelligent or have any academic acumen
Did not go to medical school
Didn’t have my own practice
Be in a stable relationship
And it’s makeup not makeups
No I am not wanting for anything
You and I are not at par
And never will be
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by GeeString: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

Ffs
What is she wants to travel abroad to further her education and he does not share that view?
How do you know definitively he will support her career aspirations post marriaage?
What if that becomes a hurdle when her career surpasses his and he stats to resent it?
He might be progressive but the rest of his family are not . They ultra conservative and expect a daughter in law to have a child within a year a of marriage and she might want to wait a year or more?
Finish school ,get a job and build her independence and no living on your own does not involve coitus with any man.
The girl said she is not ready why is it mandatory that she is not allowed to experience life until she is?

I don’t have a secular view of life you do my view is my own. Marry when you are ready not because you have to.

Couples dont travel abroad to further their education & work?

If he doesnt support her career aspirations now what makes you think he will when she is through reading it say in 5 years time?

When she is done with school, stays independent & finally gets married and then encounters ALL these negatives you have pointed out, what then?

What was the point of delaying it? They can all still happen even after she has "experienced the world" as you put it.

If she isnt ready then he isnt ready, but dont try to tell us marriage will hinder her career now. That's utter BS.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by purem(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
[/quote] author=MissRaine69 post=66041936]

I don't really understand all what you said but I feel you understand and agree with my claim

That's nice

Am not generalising the whole female here

But you should know yasef maybe you might be among the little percentage
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by themaestro08(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

In certain quarters of this society yes
Do you know where she is from? The expectations of the particular society she lives in? Are you the husband? What if he wants kids immediately and she does not?
By the way you are allowed to have your point of view, permit me the courtesy to have mine. Or is being objective a difficult concept for you to fathom?
i should be the one to ask u that, am just expressing my opinion objectively. To the best of my knowledge, so why trying to take a swipe at me?
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2018
GeeString:

Couples dont travel abroad to further their education & work?

If he doesnt support her career aspirations now what makes you think he will when she is through reading it say in 5 years time?

When she is done with school, stays independent & finally gets married and then encounters ALL these negatives you have pointed out, what then?

What was the point of delaying it? They can all still happen even after she has "experienced the world" as you put it.

If she isnt ready then he isnt ready, but dont try to tell us marriage will hinder her career now. That's utter BS.
Like I said
You are entitled to your opinion bs or otherwise
You can’t make me agree with you
Or bend to your notion regardless of how aggressive
You try to come across
I don’t agree
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
purem:
author=MissRaine69 post=66041936]

I don't really understand all what you said but I feel you understand and agree with my claim

That's nice

Am not generalising the whole female here

But you should know yasef maybe you might be among the little percentage
I don’t agree with your claim by the way
But let’s ageee to disagree
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by GeeString: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
MissRaine69:
Like I said You are entitled to your opinion bs or otherwise You can’t make me agree with you Or bend to your notion regardless of how aggressive You try to come across I don’t agree

You have no point please.
Marriage will hinder her career indeed.
BS.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by GeeString: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2018
MissRaine69:

Like I said
You are entitled to your opinion bs or otherwise
You can’t make me agree with you
Or bend to your notion regardless of how aggressive
You try to come across
I don’t agree

Very weak & baseless opinion.

Absolute BS.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
GeeString:

Very weak & baseless opinion.

Absolute BS.
Sure
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by mzhorlah(f): 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Marriage is not about age but I feel you should be ready in all aspects before you tie the knot
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by victorian(f): 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2018
Op if you are not ready to get married now, please don't go into it yet.

We have instincts that warn us deep down not to undertake an unfruitful venture but due to society pressure, we ignore our inner voice/ guardian angel warning us of the danger ahead.
And for the op to be in doubts means, she and her man are not in the same frequency in fulfilling her desires in either furthering her studies during marriage.
She has doubts lurking deep at the back of her mind.

If not? If her bf is convincing enough and sincere with what she wants out of life. She will gladly marry him without blinking an eye or asking us here. Op some men can promise heaven and earth but only your inner being will know if he's sincere or not .
Don't go into what u might regret later. Marry when u are ready emotionally, and materially. So that your in-laws will not even say u are a drop out freeloader.

It's not about how far but how well.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
GeeString:

Lol

Well am assisting the mother of all excuses
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by amakadihot87(f): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
themaestro08:
so are u trying to tell me getting married will hinder her from aspiring for greatness? That a shallow thought! Marriage adds it dosent subtract! Know this
.........i think the only problem marriage could bring her is if she starts having kids immediately..........it could set back her studies and ofcourse deprive her of having personal time
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by HarunaWest(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
Its quite unfortunate that early marriage that was formerly seen as a good thing now looks like and obsolete and mundane idea. My Ex got married at 19 immediately we broke up..now she stays in London with 3 kids and she's living the life......A Doctorate Degree holder already. Life works in different strokes for different folks,but the beauty in life is that its all about taking risks..If she truly loves the dude and sees herself growing under his watch and achieving her dreams,then I feel its better she gets wedded sooner rather than later...Cos if adventure is the reason why she's stalling,many men are ready to dish her sour taste cum experience in relationship... she shud sha thread cautiously... Drops Mic cool
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by amakadihot87(f): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2018
Go ahead and marry but study that guy very well o.......a guy of 25 isnt too matured ...

both of you will still have some traces of childishness

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by HarunaWest(m): 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2018
amakadihot87:
.........i think the only problem marriage could bring her is if she starts having kids immediately..........it could set back her studies and ofcourse deprive her of having personal time
she and her dude are young chapz..me no know d reason why that dude won't be considerate owing the fact that economy is even hard and it ain't even wise to feed an illiterate cos she won't be useful when posterity turn up...better they discuss her education first before any conjugal transaction
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by GeeString: 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
DWJOBScom:

Well am assisting the mother of all excuses

Lol.
Assist away... grin
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Nedfed(m): 12:19am On Mar 22, 2018
A lady can get married in as much she is above 18. When a young lady got married in between the age of 18-22 many people will say she too young for that and if the same lady never get marry at the age of 32 the same set of people will still say she's not serious. Now my question is that,
What exact age can someone marry?
Or is there in any of the holy books the age is writing?
So why are we people always get things wrong. Majority believes a lady must finish school before she can marry. Who tell you that?
Many of our mothers got married to our father with ordinary school cert that even if some of them have this. But many of them later accomplished their dream through the help of dia husband. If you marry the right man, he will help you in achieving your dream. We have seen cases of graduate that still fall to the hands of wrong man who pretend to love them.
Another point is that many believe that at the age of 20 the experience may not be dia. Please what is experience? Is it by fvcking around or by having heart broken several time before sum1 is experienced?
As an African, every lady at the age of 20 must have gotten upto 80% of experience needed to be a wife. Is it how to cook, tidying the house or take some responsibility she shud av known all dis.

Therefore age is barrier in marriage the must important things is the LOVE.
If diaris is genuine love things will work for gud.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by lenghtinny(m): 6:10am On Mar 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

How is it confusing?
How are you going to enjoy your youth if you are married? You are wife the youth ceases to exist
Not ready for the responsibilities as in our society there are certain quarters where it is an expectation that marriage -babies
She might not be ready for that
The commitment
She wants to see the world ... experience life
Have a career

In simple terms, You mean;

She's too young to be faithful and loyal to one man at 20. She should instead wh*re her body through her 20s to 30s. Then start looking for an unfortunate nice guy to marry the leftover angry

All those talks about dreams and aspirations are hogwash. Marriage can't stop a woman from achieving her dreams, that excuse is lame.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 6:24am On Mar 22, 2018
lenghtinny:

In simple terms, You mean;

She's too young to be faithful and loyal to one man at 20. She should instead wh*re her body through her 20s to 30s. Then start looking for an unfortunate nice guy to marry the leftover angry

All those talks about dreams and aspirations are hogwash. Marriage can't stop a woman from achieving her dreams, that excuse is lame.
I could care less for what you think.
In my comment did I make reference to being promiscuous? No but you did.
See if a man has grown up without an objective view of what the world is like outside this the sort of mindset they adopt. Finding your person and living life does not automatically mean sleeping around. But then we come from different worlds. Where I hail from you are encouraged to have a career to be an asset when you do marry not a liability.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by lenghtinny(m): 6:36am On Mar 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

I could care less for what you think.
In my comment did I make reference to being promiscuous? No but you did.
See if a man has grown up without an objective view of what the world is like outside this the sort of mindset they adopt. Finding your person and living life does not automatically mean sleeping around. But then we come from different worlds. Where I hail from you are encouraged to have a career to be an asset when you do marry not a liability.
Seriously, what makes you think that marriage will affect her career angry
Did she tell you that the boy wants a full time housewife?
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by MissRaine69(f): 6:43am On Mar 22, 2018
lenghtinny:

Seriously, what makes you think that marriage will affect her career angry
Did she tell you that the boy wants a full time housewife?
Did he tell you that he didn’t?
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

How are you going to enjoy your youth if you are married?
MissRaine69,Permit me to correct you! I as a person that mingles with the opposite sex a lot especially the brilliant ones and yes also married ones.
I has seen so many young married women enjoying their youth to the fullest,the truth is that many opt for early childbirth before they reach age 30,so they can be through with childbearing in order to enjoy life from age 31 and upwards.
And for the records,marriage doesn't stop sleeping around it even add to it.Thanks for your understanding.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by ibietela2(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2018
Grayjoy:
Just face ur books.

Every young person doesn't have to focus only on books you know
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by ibietela2(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2018
Amarabae:
Yes you are too young.
Tell him to wait small till you finish school or skills acquisition

She can do all that after marriage
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by ibietela2(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2018
MissRaine69:

Who said that’s the best time? There is a blue print for this?
What about her dreams her aspirations? They don’t matter?

Does it stop her from achieving those goals? I saw a 21YRS married lady in school

A lady married at 19 and she has 2 boys and she's a graduate working class
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2018
victorian:
Op if you are not ready to get married now, please don't go into it yet.

We have instincts that warn us deep down not to undertake an unfruitful venture but due to society pressure, we ignore our inner voice/ guardian angel warning us of the danger ahead.
And for the op to be in doubts means, she and her man are not in the same frequency in fulfilling her desires in either furthering her studies during marriage.
She has doubts lurking deep at the back of her mind.

If not? If her bf is convincing enough and sincere with what she wants out of life. She will gladly marry him without blinking an eye or asking us here. Op some men can promise heaven and earth but only your inner being will know if he's sincere or not .
Don't go into what u might regret later. Marry when u are ready emotionally, and materially. So that your in-laws will not even say u are a drop out freeloader.

It's not about how far but how well.
victorian permit me to correct you on the notion of seeing me as a female as you term the op as.
I am not the girl in the post or write-up,I am a male as my moniker indicate.Thank you for your understanding.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Daejoyoung: 9:36am On Mar 22, 2018
bujebudanu1:
If u guys are Yoruba .u re just tooo young
If Igbo .u can go ahead
Hausa too.u can go ahead
What if it's none of the above tribes? There are so many tribes in Nigeria.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Daejoyoung: 9:41am On Mar 22, 2018
GeeString:

Lol
lt becomes long distance relationship.
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by bujebudanu1(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2018
Daejoyoung:

What if it's none of the above tribes? There are so many tribes in Nigeria.

U can attach to the nearby close tribe. The Fulani's will associate with Hausas
Re: I Am 20 Years Old! Am I Too Young For Marriage? Help Me? by Opentokwowledge: 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
Marry away if it is comfortable with ya and he sounds and seem covincing enough!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

......... / A MILF I Piped At The Office / Is Imo State The Beauty/handsom Box Of The Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.